Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are you attracted to younger or older than yourself?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 trueblubabe
Msg: 51
Are you attracted to younger or older than yourself?Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I've always been attracted to men younger than myself.. My ex was 10 years younger than me and I found he was set in his ways!! I enjoy experiencing life to the fullest and not being in a rut!! Kid are grown, I'm alone and I have too much livin' to do-----------
 Silent_Lucidity
Msg: 52
Are you attracted to younger or older than yourself?
Posted: 4/4/2006 8:08:27 AM
Hrm.. i'm an equal opportunity kinda person. I'll have to say both. I do however prefer women older than me as I prefer mature personalities. I like women who have their heads on their shoulders and such. However, there are some younger women who are just as mature.. it's just a matter of being able to see and recognize that.

SL
 rezalicious_cutie4ver
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/14/2006 1:16:14 PM
I am attracted to guyz my age but most of them prefer younger (gurlz)ones...lol.however, when im outdoors..i always attract younger guyz in their (late 20s n early 30s) (go figure!?)
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/14/2006 1:27:41 PM
I am attracted to both women older and younger, but my age I am in that grey area where I am too young and too old. So I have to wait 3 more years and then I will be 40...maybe then it will be a bit different?
 kgracielu
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/14/2006 1:45:47 PM
they always seem to be younger than me, not that i ask age first, its iam attracted to a certain look and considering i don't look my age, they are always younger than me, the last 2 guys i dated were 32yrs. and 24 yrs.
 thebigbossnahhh
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/14/2006 2:02:09 PM
I prefer Older as they have more experience and make better company when it comes to a conversation.
 AREALANGEL
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/14/2006 2:05:34 PM
I was engaged to guy that was 10 yrs younger..I broke it off because I grew up and he diidnt
 SUCKAFISH
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/14/2006 2:34:36 PM
my last 'relationship' was with one 11 yrs my junior
the 'relationship' prior to THAT was with one 11yrs my senior
hmmmmmmmmm?
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/14/2006 2:55:09 PM
Hmm now having that what do you prefer? a guy 23 or a guy 45? Given the choice today? How about a guy 37?
 ShadowKnight59
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2006 3:01:04 PM
Younger usually. Just haven't met any who were my age or older I wanted to have any adventures with...but then the few my age and older I have met have so far been couch potatoes and not wanting anything to do with young kids.
 sassyvgirl
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/14/2006 4:53:50 PM
Younger usually....on occasion, my age rage
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/14/2006 4:55:28 PM
Hmm how much youger Sassy? Is 37 considered younger or no? Seems these yong guys have it all...damn...
 justsayinghello
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/14/2006 5:38:51 PM
I didn't use to think that I was attracted to younger men, but I guess since I've gotten older, that It seems to be the case..lol. I think that it's just that they seem to make me feel younger. I was married to a guy who was 17years older than myself for five years, but he for sure didn't act his age, nor look it. My husband is only 10 months younger than me though, so we are pretty close. When I do see someone who is what some call "eye candy"...it does seem to be the ones in the 19-28 ranges typically and that's younger than me.
 lauz_uk
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/14/2006 7:49:48 PM
its all about the Tom Selleck look-a-likes for me... i make a point of never dating guys my age. i am looking to be swept off my feet and 20somethings just havent had the practice..

rugged, hairy, older and faces that show they have lived thats what i get attracted too

strangest thing of all is that i have an identical twin sister and she is engaged to a man 18 years her senior so what can i say- its in the genes baby!

from england

laura
 watermeloncandy
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/14/2006 8:51:59 PM
my preference is 4 years either way. although in all honesty i have a mental 'thing' about guys in their 40's...i think its just because i can't believe i'm close to 40...so the closer they are to it, the more of a reality it is for me...just a 'thing' with me...
 Essentials
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/14/2006 11:07:47 PM
age is completly irrelivant
 ice_angel
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/14/2006 11:14:38 PM
Well he problem is Im obviously attracted to the younger ones..(alot younger well legal but younger) and I cant seem to change it. It seems to be who i am and its the ones im attaracted to and that i have more in common with.Now if there is someone my age or older who thinks that they can change my mind for some reason than feel free,but for now I just had to respond because this is a subject that is very close to home for me.
 Tweetbug
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2006 11:18:37 PM
I gess we all have our own attractions.. for some reasons or another... For myself I have never been attracted to a younger man... and i simply don't get it... I don't get attractions between people who are 10 years apart.. for me I find the maturity level so off... As a matter of fact... Had a date with a very physically attractive 26 year old "guy" last weekend.. He is a good person.. but I just can't do the maturity difiriential!

That's me though
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/14/2006 11:25:23 PM
Ice Angel, no guy your age will be able to change your mind on dating...it is what you are attracted to. Plain and simple...I wish more women my age would date me, but they find no physical attraction and I cannot compete with the young hot guys...

Tweetbug, I get confused when a say a woman in her mid-late 30's or 40's says she has alot in common with a guy 22 say, and that he is more mature than men in thier 30's and 40's..Why? Because then talk to women that age and they say that the guys in thier 20's are immature...so it is crazy how one age range judges the young guys on thop of the world and the other judges them as needing alot of growing up...I think it is purely physical as many of us guys in our late 30's and up lose our looks that women get attracted to immediately. So then they look at these young guys and think 'Man he is soo hot"
My guessing is, dating is and will be even harder us guys at this age and it is not looking good in the future at the moment.
Man I wish I had the choice of such a wide range of ages like these guys in thier 20's...live it up guys, when you hit your 30's you may not have that luck and fun anymore...who knows, those women in thier 20's now, may want us guys who will be in our 40's, when those wome get into thier 30's. Can only hope, as I can't see many women my age changing thier desires from men uner 30 to men thier age...
 FantasyFlavor
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/14/2006 11:38:18 PM
It depends on the man not the age...
I go with who I feel a connection with...
Funny though,when I was younger,it was older men...
Now that I'm older,it's younger men...
(mainly because that is what I seem to attract)
Go figure..
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/14/2006 11:42:58 PM
^^^Guys we are slowly going to lose out to all the younge rmen if this keeps up..I am beginning to wonder if there is any hope left for us...damn not good!! And I am 37!! give me my 20's back now!!
 SUCKAFISH
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/15/2006 7:10:52 AM
well, i tried to determine...
'which would i choose now,given the CHOICE'

looking back, seems there was some,ummm...
'overlapping'? in me 'timeframe', THOSE 2 'relationships'

so, my answer would have to be...
BOTH
 NatGoat
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/15/2006 7:51:32 AM
It's not the #...it's the chemistry, electricity or excitement, if you will...
As far as "Attracted"...It's in the appearance{and we ALL have our different Tastes..}!
{Not being a BBW fan}...Athleticism and a healthy phisique will get my attention, first...No MATTER what her age...
{but, don't get me wrong...I'm not impressed with Conceit, Either..!!!}
A Younger woman that can follow me on the dance floor and not be a Ditz in a conversation will be attractive to me...and...an 'Older' Lady with energy and Class is also very attractive...
I like a woman that enjoys being with Me.....Younger..Older..Equal...!!!
May I have this Dance...???
 Belladona
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/15/2006 8:21:12 AM
I tend to be attracted to men who are around my age, within 5 years.... however, I'm attracted to all men who take pride and care for themselves physically, are confident, funny, and smile a lot.
 SUCKAFISH
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/15/2006 9:22:22 AM
i'll bet you just made a lot of men saaaaad with that
5 yr limit 'Bella'
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are you attracted to younger or older than yourself?