Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are you attracted to younger or older than yourself?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NatGoat
Msg: 76
Are you attracted to younger or older than yourself?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Not ALL..!! I'm right on the Line....I like her Lips...!!!
Hope we can Talk...!!!
 Belladona
Msg: 77
Are you attracted to younger or older than yourself?
Posted: 4/15/2006 9:44:09 AM
awe...Suckafish...what a nice thing to say...thank you
 Transcend1081
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/15/2006 10:47:53 AM
Depends on whats in front of me, but really, women age like fine wine, truly.
And I find the habits of a developed, older woman to be much more selfless and likeable
than the traits of a primadonna 18 year old blonde princess
 KWBBW
Msg: 79
Posted: 4/15/2006 1:49:37 PM
I go +/- 5 years or so.

Most of the on the - side.
 Secondary125
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2006 2:59:34 PM
Well, I don't really think it matters much for me since I'm 21. I just tend to look for what's even avaliable! Younger is not much of an problem for me though since the youngest I can go is just 3 years younger than me.

I'm mostly just looking for someone my age though. Someone between 18 and 23 or 24.
 BRIANiac
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/15/2006 7:33:21 PM
Definitely younger. I couldn't see dating a woman much older than myself. I'm not sure why, but I think 2 years older would be about the maximum I could see. But if I met a woman that I just clicked with and had enough in common, but she was 10 years younger, I'd think nothing of it. I don't have a clue why.

Of course now I'll probably meet the woman of my dreams and she'll be quite a bit older than me...
 SweetFun1569
Msg: 82
Posted: 4/18/2006 8:09:22 AM
Older men are the way to go. Not only are they out of the bar-scene but their maturity level matches mine. I've been told that i'm a very mature person so someone that is through playing the head games and out of the bar-scene are perferred.

Besides, an older man knows what he wants, whereas younger men tend to still be in school and are still deciding on a career. The older men have life pretty much sorted out and are looking to settle down and devote time to looking for a life partner.
 edward1224
Msg: 83
Posted: 4/18/2006 8:21:34 AM
I prefer younger women than myself but most of my ex's have been within a couple of years from my age. My ex-fiancee and I had the largest age gap of anyone I've been serious with, though. She was eight years younger than me. Sometimes it caused problems for us but on the most part it helped us to talk more because we grew up in seperate decades so we used to "compare notes" in a sense.

Ed
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 84
Posted: 4/18/2006 9:10:09 AM

Older men are the way to go. Not only are they out of the bar-scene but their maturity level matches mine. I've been told that i'm a very mature person so someone that is through playing the head games and out of the bar-scene are perferred.

Besides, an older man knows what he wants, whereas younger men tend to still be in school and are still deciding on a career. The older men have life pretty much sorted out and are looking to settle down and devote time to looking for a life partner

Now see this just boggles my mind, what Sweetfun said here is what many women my age criticize...it is such a contridiction between age gaps. A woman 20 saying this is a good thing about a man I am guessing in his 30's? And yet women in thier 30's frown upon this...any idea why there is such a complete opposite view here with the different generations?
 Just_Jay79
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/18/2006 9:21:53 AM
I'm typically attracted to younger women on a physical standpoint, but that is simply because I've seen so many people stop exercising as they get older, much to the detriment of their once beautiful physique... People love to say "looks fade", but that tends to be the people that don't even bother trying to work out anymore

I'm a fitness addict, my body is fit, lean and muscular, and I'm cardiovascularly fit as well. Naturally I'd like a fit partner, but sadly most of the ladies I've encountered aged 26-30 just seem to have let the fitness ball drop (too busy slopping down chocolate martinis at the club )... So I'm relinquished to dating 22-25 year olds, usually fresh out of university, in the hopes they will continue to maintain the fitness regimen they exhibited at the university gym...

The downside of this is that they seldom seem to be on the same page as me in terms of lifestyle... So the moment I can find a single, attractive fitness instructor that I have some chemistry with, I'm settling down for good
 Aligirl19
Msg: 86
Posted: 4/22/2006 4:10:48 PM
My age range is from 19-36 but i go for more 25-36. I am 19 by the way.
 QueenofCoins
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2006 4:51:54 PM
Both actually. I've dated men as much as 10 years younger and 15 years older. I've been asked out or approached by men in their early 20's but that's way too young. I find that the character of the person is what counts, not just their looks. Anyone who thinks their 40's is middle aged, or 50's for that matter, probably wouldn't appeal to me. Not even if they looked like George Clooney or had the Trump's finances. It's about being happy, and being
treated with caring and respect. That man will be the one.
 huyvu90
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/29/2006 5:36:52 PM
i'm attracted to both. Of course my minimum is 18yr old
 sorrall
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/29/2006 5:52:10 PM
Its not their age I'm attracted to, its usually what they have to say...
 dreamer1984
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/30/2006 12:57:13 AM
Older, up to 35 but NOT older than that cos that is just getting too old in terms of my age so ya.
 Toronaga
Msg: 91
Posted: 4/30/2006 1:31:42 AM
Oh boy, another age gap thread. But this does tend to ring home for me. I have dated exacly my age and i have dated probably the largest age gap of anybody on here, 20 years younger (bracing myself for the townsfolk with torches to storm my castle, her mom loved me tho! lol).

In all seriousness, as i stated in another similar thread, it's not about the age, it's about the attitude and level of intelligence and a few other things i would rather not get into here. If i find someone who fits what i am looking for, i don't care if she is my age or even older, but so far those fitting what i want out of life have been younger than myself, 18-24 ish.

I am not the kind of guy that likes to sit around the house, i love going clubbing, dancing, partying all that wild stuff, now i work too and i know when to behave myself. lol Most of my female friends are in their late teens,early 20s and i get invited to hang out all the time, i seem to have endless energy, especially for dancing.

I met most of them through the places i have worked. When i worked at a grocery store, some of the cashiers would give me their msn and phone number. Same when i worked in a bar from the waitress. Though 9 times out of 10 it was because we became good friends. Which is awesome, can't have enough friends.

I've been to college/university parties, played the crazy games, why not? If it's fun, who cares? hehe.

Always get mistaken for being younger and when i'm out with my friends, guys go up to my female friends and say i'm cool. To me it's funny, because i'm just having a good time. Now i'm not a frat boy by any stretch, i love that wild fun, but i have many more dimensions to me.

My intellectual side is a very big part of me. Which I somtimes keep hidden lol I love a good debate about important world issues, i am addicted to discovery channel, i do part time volunteering for NASA. Also one of the biggest romantic saps you will ever find. Guilty as charged! :P

Now one thing, youthfulness runs in my family, my mom who is in her late 50s, always get's mistaken for being in her 30s and when she goes out has guys in their early 20s and sometimes younger hitting on her, she thinks it's funny. I see it as a blessing. lmfao

So i guess I have to be honest with myself, I AM attracted to younger, but if i can find a youthful women my age, that fits what i am looking for.... The way i see it, i can't be the only youthful person my age
 anni
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/30/2006 1:42:01 AM
I like guys as close as possible to my own age.
 st3ph1su3
Msg: 93
Posted: 5/31/2006 10:18:18 PM
I can't date someone younger. I prefer that they are at least a few years older. I wouldn't date someone over 35 in this point in my life though.
 flsoldier
Msg: 94
Posted: 5/31/2006 10:21:55 PM
I'm attracted to women.

Age is...for the most part anyway, irrelevant.
 ron4ld
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2006 4:33:19 AM
I've always attracted to older women.
They're more confident and have a positive body image,
which is a huge turn-on :)
 storm38
Msg: 96
Posted: 6/1/2006 5:06:18 AM
lm atracted to either it doesnt matter
its how you feel with the person ,,,,
 Splinter
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2006 5:39:58 AM
I am attracted to older men more so than younger men. Older men know what they want in life. They are more mature. They are not into head games. They are more settled in their lives. My age range would be 30 to 43. I prefer 40 to 43.
 purplestardust101
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2006 5:59:11 AM
Either really...as long as they have lot's of life in them tho...
 who_the_fox
Msg: 99
Posted: 6/1/2006 6:22:53 AM

I'm a fitness addict, my body is fit, lean and muscular, and I'm cardiovascularly fit as well. Naturally I'd like a fit partner,

Bingo.

It feels like almost no one (male or female) maintains any decent level of fitness over 30. I do not feel comfortable dating men the same age as my son...so have hit a wall.... and now I just don't date at all.
 shore66
Msg: 100
Posted: 6/1/2006 6:34:30 AM
At my age, most men are younger! Good thing that is whom I prefer to date. I have gone out with guys as much as 30 years younger, and had a relationship of several years with a man 20 years younger. And I just started seeing a guy from POF where the age gap is 25 years.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are you attracted to younger or older than yourself?