Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Canadian / American relationships.. can it work???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sexyviper
Msg: 250
view profile
History
Canadian / American relationships.. can it work???Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
yeah moondog ...you just keep believeing that
 yrsfrlve
Msg: 251
Canadian / American relationships.. can it work???
Posted: 3/24/2006 9:06:46 AM
It's possible, but you're going to have to work on your public personas: those schmucks you keep choosing to represent your best interests, tsk tsk... oh and the accents: try to listen to the way the rest of the world says "Mom"; it's mum, like the way babies say mama, not "mauwm". Universal, practically. The only other thing I'd recommend is regards culture: Big Mac's are not food. Now, I know they represent a pinnacle of culinary development in some quarters, but really, how much romance can anybody generate over "ya wan' fryz wid dat?" Other than that, and I'm only mentioning this in the interests of making this thing work between us, I can't see too much standing between us (you, me, Jorge DoubleVee, et al) having a fabulous get it on somethang somethang....in fact I'm looking forward to letting my little black dress do a quick slither onto cold concrete for this relationship....
 BRIANiac
Msg: 252
Posted: 3/24/2006 11:32:04 AM
My brother married a Canuck, so yes it can. They met in a chat room, then a few of us went up there to visit her and her friends (it was like a 6 or 8 hour drive), then they started getting serious. A year and a half later they were married. The only problem they had was that every time he crossed the border on his way to or from her place, my brother ALWAYS got stopped thinking he was smuggling pot. He's never even smoked pot, much less bought, sold, or trafficked in it. But apparently he fit the profile perfectly.
 BRIANiac
Msg: 253
Posted: 3/24/2006 11:35:01 AM

If I were to fall for a woman anywhere on this planet,there are no mountains nor oceans to stop me
from getting to her and being with her.

That is EXACTLY what I think!
 BRIANiac
Msg: 254
Posted: 3/24/2006 11:43:21 AM

I would date an American, but if we decided to move in together, he would have to move to Canada...unless he lived in a liberal-minded state.

Ha! I was thinking the exact opposite of you. I would have a hard time living in Canada. Even the most conservative provinces have laws that are way too strict for me. I couldn't imagine living in the liberal ones!
 LiddyLovesBrits
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2013 1:56:55 PM
I'd love to meet a Canadian guy!
If only those handsome hosers would give me a holler!
Geez--I'd do anything to meet and date one!
And besides--I'm looking for a Britisher--but--I will definately give Canadian guys a look too!
As long as you're between 45-60 then go for it!
And my name here is LiddylovesBrits--don't let the name fool ya--Liddy likes Canadians too!
So give me a holler!
Peace!
 NtvNtv
Msg: 256
Posted: 8/16/2013 7:08:24 PM
I love the American accent....would like to date an American for sure.
 Forest_Explorer
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2013 7:36:24 PM
There is not one overall American accent; instead there are several distinctive regional ones (e.g. rural New England, Brooklyn/New Jersey, Southern, Midwestern, California/West Coast, etc.), plus some residual ethnic-based accents left over from immigrant generations who learned English as a second language.

OT: even though I currently live only about 200 miles from the Canadian border, I would not deliberately seek out a Canadian woman for a relationship due to the border/immigration issues and the amount of difference between our respective legal systems. There are only two Canadian provinces that I would consider even visiting regularly, let alone living in: New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. The 6 months north/6 months Florida arrangement mentioned by several others sounds like a good idea to me, though.
 NtvNtv
Msg: 258
Posted: 8/16/2013 8:48:16 PM
The 2 fellows I met were from California and the other from Orlando.
Could listen to them all day :)
 liketo
Msg: 259
Posted: 8/20/2013 2:21:44 PM
You want accents! I married a Chinese lady, she only knows a few words in English. I taught her to say holy shit, it sure sounds funny the way she talks, and i love it (and her).
 or_current_resident
Msg: 260
Posted: 8/20/2013 5:12:56 PM

I married a Chinese lady, she only knows a few words in English. I taught her to say holy shit, it sure sounds funny the way she talks, and i love it (and her)

There ya go! marde!!! ^^^^^^ moi parley la fran- say aper many moons ago ,can you tell?.....^^^^^^

And to think you guys brought us the Mounted Police,Maple Syrup & Hockey! thank you..........oh Canada....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Canadian / American relationships.. can it work???