Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Match.com are irresponsible      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Match.com and othersPage 9 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
To: Murphy591

Click below & you can find the link in msg # 203...towards the bottom.
You may have to copy & paste the link into your web browser.

Have fun!

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/5502821datingPostpage9.aspx
 cynderella01
Msg: 202
Match.com are irresponsible
Posted: 8/14/2007 11:35:03 AM
I had also tried Match.com. I think they have very clever marketing techniques. I signed up for them to send me my daily matches and they continued to do so even after I ended my subscription. So to read the complete profiles they send to you you must log in. That now puts you in "Online Now" status. Even though you are no longer a subscriber you are listed that way - and then "Active Within One Day," etc. This misleads others into thinking that you are indeed an active member. If they attempt to email you you cannot even see who it is from unless you are a paying member. The sender thinks you are ignoring him. They try everything to get you to be on their active status - sending promotions to have you continue to sign in. Anytime you correspond with someone through their site I feel that I am being considered online. They want you to believe that everyone is online! If you send an eye contact - and you are only allowed one - the other person can see who it is from vs. sending an email as that information is not available unless you are a subscriber.
 buzzhappyranger
Msg: 203
Posted: 8/14/2007 1:25:43 PM
they are a business. they are here to make money, that is all they care about.The goal is to get joe schmoe (or jane schmoe) to subscribe and give them their $$. everything else is just b/s. Btw,you should try myspace :)
 murphy591
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Match.com and others
Posted: 8/25/2007 7:29:03 AM
Hi Breathoffreshair
just noticed that you responded to my request for free sites. Just now 8-26- tried to email you but you have restrictions. I went to my mail settings and don't know why you couldn't email me cuz I'm open to all, not just male. Can't find #23, can you advise.
thanks
Murphy
 murphy591
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Match.com and others
Posted: 8/25/2007 7:31:48 AM
whoops, error not 23 but 203, 203 is someone reviewing profiles.
 murphy591
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Match.com and others
Posted: 9/2/2007 6:28:12 AM
Abreathof freshair.
Takes me awhile. Scrolled down to the bottom and found all the sites. Thanks again
Murph
 dreadstalker
Msg: 207
Match.com and others
Posted: 9/2/2007 7:16:56 AM
All of the paid dating sites are notoriuos for sending out fake emails in order to get you to subscribe.
There is one other thing that most members of those sites don't realize. If you delete your account with them, the only thing that you are deleting is your control over that account and any pics associated with it.
Make sure that you go in and replace all the info and delete the pics before deleting the account.
Those fake and inactive acounts make up a large percentage of their membership numbers.
 J-me Baby
Msg: 208
Posted: 9/2/2007 7:56:45 AM
I tried a couple of different dating sites before discovering POF and I found them all to be rip-offs. I deleted those accounts long ago, with the exception of one that I can't remember my password to. Besides, I can't see myself handing over my credit card number to pay to meet people.

Msg 202: I didn't realize they kept you appearing as "Active Within One Day" or "Three Days" until I noticed that a guy who I was getting close with had been listed as "Active Within Three Weeks". I called him on it. He hadn't been active on the site in months and immediately deleted his account. I felt like a complete jackass!
 chelsea_hou
Msg: 209
Posted: 9/2/2007 2:55:24 PM
I was pleased with match and yahoo. Met alot of nice people. POF is free so no complaints there. Whatever works I guess.
 serendipity36
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Match.com and others
Posted: 10/7/2007 10:58:56 AM
could you please send me your list of free sites as well.

thanks,
bren (serendipity36 on pof)
 tall.cold.1
Msg: 211
Match.com and others
Posted: 10/10/2007 3:00:26 PM
Match seems to have a greater variety of members in the USA than other services. Unfortunately, it costs about $100 for a 6-month membership on the site. However, on You Tube I found a free service called FindMeDateMe dot com and you can write to people on the pay services (as long as you have a "free" account with them as well) without having to fork over the bucks. Unfortunately, some sites like Friend Finder (and its other sites) won't even let you look at someone else's profile unless you're a paying member on their site. I like looking at profiles because it gives me an idea of what the person is like and whether I'd want to write them or not.
 SOUTHERNCOMFORT39
Msg: 212
Posted: 10/13/2007 8:00:36 AM
I deleted my profile from there n every one requiring payment to make contact!! It's a joke! I didn't get many responses from that site anyway n if I do pay to respond,I usually get a response like"Sorry,I'm not Interested"I'm not wasting my time! N True.com is another waste because they send u hundreds of emails claiming someone flirted with u n than in all reality,that person really didn't.I think most of them r a joke n I'm not wasting my money on them! I'll stick with free sites like POF,MYSPACE N any other social network.Why waste money f u r only going to get rejected???
 mikehappy48
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2007 8:20:59 AM
hi
a really great site is called singlesnet. you have to pay but if someone else is paying you can e-mail them for free. i have to say its right up there with plentyofish and you always get reponses
mike
 motownmaniax
Msg: 214
Posted: 10/13/2007 9:18:31 AM
Bottom line with all the pay sites like Match, Yahoo Personals, eHarmony, etc, is they're buyer beware. Stick with free sites like this "Great" One (how's that for a completely unsolicited shoutout. ).

Mo
 Who.Me
Msg: 215
Posted: 10/13/2007 9:20:14 AM
I have been a subscriber of Match and they do tell you upfront that your email address will be replaced to protect your privacy. There is a way around this tho...you can have the emails sent to your regular email address, and if you use the "reply" button on your email instead of Match.com reply's button, your email address will be sent in the body of the email. Confused yet???? I met a few nice people but I'm still single.

I've tried several of the other pay sites as well, but none are as good as POF....IMO

Happy fishing!!!
 levelpar444
Msg: 216
Posted: 10/13/2007 9:36:18 AM
It's not irresponsible, it's commerace. Don't be so cheap. If you want to get to know here spend $35.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 217
Posted: 10/13/2007 9:41:28 AM
Funny such self-righteousness is coming from a guy taking advantage of a "free" site like this?

Mo
 Timothy25
Msg: 218
Match.com and others
Posted: 12/4/2007 1:20:57 PM
I heard about people using match.com and they even got married from the site. It's a popular site.
 Jameslazazzera
Msg: 219
Posted: 12/27/2007 5:33:53 PM
hippieannonomous, i cant tell you for sure that this works, but I use amateurmatch.com and am trying to get around such a barrier by simply saying that james_lazzazzera is my adreess with hotmail, try and message me there!
Maybe that will work for you? Or, as on this site. You cannot put you e-mail adress in your profile. I did by saying that "if you take my name for this site and add an underscore, then add hotmail.com you have my e-mail adress"...right in my personal description...worked here!
 sweetsouthernslang
Msg: 220
Posted: 12/27/2007 6:42:59 PM
hey, i have been a member of match.com for a year now. i paid the 6 months and didnt find anyone worth a dollar and they gave me 6 months free. it's a dating site. they are in the business to make money. i think pof is great b/c its free but not everyone is so generous. i dont know anything about the email thing - never had that happen to me but - i have enjoyed being on there. one thing i will say is that they have a lot of members that have not been active for 3 months or more and they really should take them off. but in general, its a great site for datin and has some great attributes. try single.net. they are cheesey but you can contact as long as someone with a membership contacts you first.
 Theodore88
Msg: 221
Match.com and others
Posted: 12/27/2007 7:20:59 PM
did you mean www.rsvp.com.au ? was a fav site of yours or another?

T
 nurse68
Msg: 222
Posted: 12/27/2007 7:45:42 PM
I've been corresponding with someone I met on Match; he gave me his personal email in his first e-mail thru Match; it wasn't deleted or replaced by any other e-mail account/address
 naeco
Msg: 223
Posted: 12/27/2007 7:54:56 PM

one thing i will say is that they have a lot of members that have not been active for 3 months or more

There's a reason for that. They gave up, like a lot of people do. On POF, it doesn't cost anything to fish forever. On pay sites, it can add up to a whole lot of money.
 kathareeene
Msg: 224
Posted: 12/27/2007 8:05:21 PM
if u like the girl PAY THE MONEY whateva pal
kathi
 truckcowboy
Msg: 225
Match.com and others
Posted: 12/27/2007 9:06:11 PM
After reading all these intersting and tragic posts I am glad I was soooo cheap and not inclined to sign up and pay all of those fees after I got burned in 1994 for a few hundred at Equally Yoked. It seems that the managemet ad owners are strictly in it for the money and have a high overhead so that they are forced to ding you any which way they can to pay for their mansion and yacht. Shame on all those others who take big money with false hopes for that lonely guy/gal.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Match.com are irresponsible