Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > tell me girls is it shallow to not date someone because they have bad      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 boxerboy2
Msg: 26
tell me girls is it shallow to not date someone because they have bad teeth?Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Please, this is disgusting, we are in 2006 and there are plenty of dentists.
 interludesolo
Msg: 27
view profile
History
? for the ladies
Posted: 1/11/2006 11:13:16 AM
Oh good grief..

This guy is obviously not taking care of himself. If he's poor, thats another story, then it wouldn't be a priorty! Could be his culture....but rotten teeth eewwww, gross..for me that's
in the same category as a smoker! His breath has gotta smell...
 CountrySugar
Msg: 28
tell me girls is it shallow to not date someone because they have bad teeth?
Posted: 1/11/2006 11:37:37 AM
No I don't think so..if they have bad teeth, they have bad breath..ick..
 arri
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/11/2006 11:38:50 AM
I wouldn't date a chick with bad teeth and an ugly smile .. why should you?
 Nite Jammer
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/11/2006 1:09:40 PM
If you don't find someone attractive you can't date them.. simple as that.
 New-Beginnings
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/11/2006 6:42:05 PM
There must be allot of "shallow" women out there who don't date guys with bad or discolored teeth... Still dateless after 37 years. I didn't realize that my teeth were the cause of it though??? Maybe I should just have them all pulled and put dentures in so that I won't be grouped in with your stereotype "bad teeth = poor hygiene" NOT!
 puppyluv123
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/11/2006 7:39:57 PM
I personally could not date someone with bad teeth. Its one thing if they are just a little crooked, not perfect. But if they are nasty looking, such as very discoloured, receeding gums, very crooked, missing in places, NO WAY could I date that person.
Its just one of those things that for some people can make or break it.
Its like guys with long, dirty, nasty fingernails - can't date those ones either.
For me, it speaks volumes. If the stuff I can see is nasty, can you imagine what awaits you in other places.......
 Bandito
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/11/2006 8:16:56 PM
I love what Mike Myers did in Austin Powers showing the British dental hygene in the 60's/70's...was just too funny.

Now look closely at Austin Powers...could you play tonsil hockey with him with those yellow teeth....ewwwwwwww
 waitin4cupid
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/11/2006 8:36:49 PM
I am surprized at the number of people that worry so much about cosmetic things that can be changed or fixed. I agree that certain things are a turn-off, but bad teeth can be fixed and to judge who a person is based on one thing is very narrow minded.

And, no, I wouldn't want to kiss a mouth full of rotten teeth either. Bad teeth and rotten teeth are in two different catagories.
 Belfast Child
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/11/2006 8:46:54 PM
Admittedly, a great smile and nice teeth is a very sexy thing.
 fuzzzer
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/11/2006 11:33:39 PM
It probably is a bit shallow...but then again...some men wouldn't date a women if she had a really big butt...or thin hair... or a wondering eye....or was a bit heavy. I think it is all what a person is attracted to. I'm not particularly attracted to bad teeth..but if he looked like Brad Pitt I might make the exception.
 Bandito
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/12/2006 7:47:41 AM
I know women won't date me because of my big hairy butt The hair is so bad I can't even go to the beach without a mob chaising me with scissors

The truth is that is everyone is shallow in some form. Its in our genetic makeup to discriminate in some way to choose who we want to mate with. Looks and body features are a large part of that.

Fortunately, mother nature provided a few that can get past my big hairy butt

Bana-dito ~~~~~> {______{{}}______}
 Bryantinfl
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/13/2006 10:36:43 AM
If we have ruled out bad hygiene, then I say figure out a way to get your teeth fixed.

As for the cost, many women seem to find the money to pay for expensive routine salon appointments for their hair and nails. Other's find the cash for breast implants, Botox and other cosmetic procedures.

Some men drive around in $60K vehicles or own every electronic gadget designed by man.

While both of these examples might be extreme, you will always find the money for what you really want.
 blueyednblond247
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/13/2006 10:56:10 AM
not at all!! It's similar to dirty fingernails, dandruff in the hair or even worse in the eyebrows. Hair that is greasy and has not been washed. nose hairs sticking out. I probably could go on...
 Budgirl
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:13:48 PM
It's who you are attracted too.....if you have bad teeth, yellow teeth, missing teeth....then I'm not attracted to you....it's a matter of personal opinion.....and when I look at my man....I need to see a full set of white teeth.....I have them....so that's what I look for also....of course there is other qualities that I'm looking for.....but teeth...is a huge one....I met a sexy cowboy once...a bullrider....hot and sexy....anyway, I went up to talk to him and he was missing his two front teeth...I chatted abit...then I politely walked away after our conversation was over...I just couldn't help stare at the gap between his teeth...Now I understand what happened....cause of bullriding....but come on....get something in it's place.....if that is shallow to people...then it's shallow....
 keys1
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:19:20 PM
I will tell you, I absolutely, positively will not date a guy with bad teeth, its the first thing I notice. No kidding.

keys1
 ladygediva
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:29:41 PM
Working in the dental field i see all kinds of teeth..i have ignored someone w/bad teeth...yes its not someone's fault if they have stained teeth from antiboitics..however, if they dont brush, floss, use a good mouth rinse, there in need of dental work, (amalgom or composite fillings), or just have them pulled..then yes im gonna be shallow..i see it all, and u wouldnt believe the things that r just nasty..would i kiss them?? oh hell no..tarter, gingivitis, cavity decay, plaque..it all adds up to bad personal hygiene..and if there not to concerned about there grill...then makes u wonder, about other things, soap, pit spray, body spray, shampoo..eww all this talk..makes my skin crawl and teeth feel fuzzy..

ladyg
 Real_Brunette
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2006 8:10:23 PM
I don't think it is shallow. I notice teeth. I love a nice smile. And people should care about their teeth. I mean if they just have like a crooked tooth in the back or something, no biggie...but bad oral hygiene or seriously bad teeth should be taken care of.
 kikilynn
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2006 4:42:08 AM

I know women won't date me because of my big hairy butt The hair is so bad I can't even go to the beach without a mob chaising me with scissors

TMI Bandito, TMI!
That said, I got one word for ya...

WAX
 Samantha71
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/15/2006 10:37:44 AM
NO! Bad teeth, uck. Everyone has their preferences, and if bad teeth makes you want to run away screaming, then do it,lol.
 jim9660
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/15/2006 2:27:15 PM
Teeth are supposed to be white, not black and green....
 Northy2
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/15/2006 3:56:38 PM
Well my teeth aren't perfectly straight .. but they are jetting out all over the place .. like a backwoods never bathe or brush my teeth and chew on bark to sharpen them ... lol

If it's not extreme and not due to hygiene ... who cares
 Metalkat65
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/15/2006 4:58:57 PM
I met a guy in December from another site, 3 teeth in his mouth and what was left were stained from Nicotine, it was absolutley horrible, sorry yep call me shallow but no way I could date a guy like that! it is obvious when people take care of them even if they are a littles stained, but most of them missing, same job 17 years, makes good money, no excuse for it!
 New-Beginnings
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/18/2006 5:34:23 AM
Something good came out of this thread for me anyway. I have done some research through the help of the AACD (American Acadamy of Cosmetic Dentistry) and discovered that there are NEW procedures that are less invasive to the health of the tooth. I wasn't willing to degrade my healthy teeth just for vanity. Being that my teeth are just tetracycline stained, I figured I owe it to myself to at least hear what a good cosmetic dentist has to say about it. I was looking at a "bonding" technique that the dentist just puts many layers of a white colored resin over the face of the tooth, and once the resin hardens, then the dentist can shape it and pollish it to look natural. The cost is between $150 and $500 per tooth. I have the appointment set up for Feb. 2nd... wish me luck!
 Bryantinfl
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/19/2006 1:39:51 PM
Do it New-Beginnings. This is wonderful news. I'm very happy for you! Truly AWESOME!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > tell me girls is it shallow to not date someone because they have bad teeth?