Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > tell me girls is it shallow to not date someone because they have bad      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Anazdaddy
Msg: 151
? for the ladiesPage 7 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I am a guy but I will answer. No, I won't date a woman with meth mouth.
 Willow55
Msg: 152
view profile
History
tell me girls is it shallow to not date someone because they have bad teeth?
Posted: 9/1/2007 11:37:04 AM

After I read three or four posts, I stopped since swtgirl states that the person's teeth are black and missing. I have a friend who works in a half-way house with drug users. He told me that black and missing teeth means past or present drug useage, usually cocaine (? spell).
So I would say run! run!

Drug use is merely one of the possible reasons for tooth decay. For anyone to say that it is the only reason is ridiculous. Link drug use to poor hygiene and it will multiply the effect I am sure.
Gum disease and tooth decay are most most often caused by poor oral hygiene as well as poor diet. Either way, a tooth brush is cheap and flossing and brushing should be as natural as eating, bathing and wearing clean clothes. It is all about priorities...
Whatever the reason.. the opinion of the majority seems to be ..RUN.. RUN VERY FAST...
 Willow55
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 11:44:24 AM

The woman who say it is not shallow to judge another ...thanks for posting it is a good refference of who not to try to date off this stite !!!!!!!

well rzensdad... thanks for not judging us..... that knife cuts both ways..... (spell check is a great too as well.) It is amazing how enlightening some profiles can be as well.

jmho
 newleaf
Msg: 154
Posted: 9/1/2007 1:48:09 PM
LOL I gotta laugh with you at that one -- and it's the truth! I didn't say that so well, did I?

Okay, I know that is not what you meant. I realize you were trying to say that the teeth issue became unimportant, but I couldn't help having some fun with you.
 nogo3
Msg: 155
Posted: 9/1/2007 1:59:23 PM
well i find it awful hard to beleive that any adult would have enough balls to ask such a stupid question.

maybe thats why they hid their profile. lmao
 meeks88
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 2:04:08 PM
I ran out on a girl on a blind date as her teeth were bent at 10 degrees...YIKES!!!
She had ANOTHER tooth growing out of her gum....GROSSSS!!!!

(I've passed gas that lasted longer than this date!) LOL

My boss has "summer teeth" ...summer here/ summer dare, and they have 2 jobs that
net over $200, 000 oer year...go figure!

Meeks88...
 beth66
Msg: 157
view profile
History
? for the ladies
Posted: 9/1/2007 2:06:24 PM
I don't think it's shallow, it's all about what one finds appealing in another. I don't want to date someone with crack teeth, or with poor oral hygeine... YUCK However some people do have problems such as discolored teeth from taking certain antibiotics when they were young. And some don't have access, or can't afford to get the dental care they need.
 a1na2
Msg: 158
? for the ladies
Posted: 9/1/2007 2:08:12 PM
Well...if I can't get it up cuz the bad teeth are a turn off would you really want to be with someone who can't get it up ?

CharleneAnn
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 2:08:33 PM
ok.. umm no it isn't.... how someone cares for their teeth tells you how they care for themselves
 ~rain~
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 2:25:16 PM
teeth dont have to be perfect...they just have to be there!!

there is absoulutly no reason these days..not to have teeth all present and accounted for!!

the exception is wisdom teeth of course
 beth66
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 2:36:00 PM
yes there is a reason...money...not everyone can afford to have them fixed it's too damned expensive. But I know what you're saying...no excuse for not taking care of your teeth and keeping them clean.
 Manger25
Msg: 162
Posted: 9/1/2007 2:52:24 PM
well my teeth were not that straight so I paid $5000 8 months ago for braces to straighten them. I could tell some girls didnt like my teeth so didnt so figured I better fix that. So if it is shallow oh well everyone has there preferences same reason why I dont go for over weight girls just not my thing. So if you have crooked teeth and find it harder to meet someone because of it work some damn overtime and go pay the $5000 for braces it is well worth it :)
 ~rain~
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 2:58:41 PM
I guess it all boils down to....

there is someone out there for everyone..and they will accept you for exactly the way you are!!

It doesnt make you shallow when you have these preferences..it is just what you like to look at, touch, share, kiss, every day.
 justme1124
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 3:10:27 PM
well,it sure doesn't make for a very good first impression,it would depend how bad they are,if i sensed it would transfer in a kiss,its over because I enjoy the art of the kiss,Its such a nice casual way to show affection,can't be robbing ourselves if that now can we,and a bad mouth is a huge turn off, if you can't see yourself kissing them,it's over before it started,It's usually indicative of a low iq anyway,too stupid to take care of themselves,even welfare will pay for dental work.,move on I suppose,or drive them to the welfare office,lol.I once met a girl online that had spit in the corners of her mouth,good god,will i ever meet someone normal?lol. cheers
 BKS Ocala
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 3:15:31 PM
My first posting here so please dear moderator or whoever, please bear with the nubbie.

I so had to jump in on this one.

I had a meet , one of my first actually, and the fact is we were definitely clicking on a friendship level. Laughed, emailed and chatted frequently on the phone. All good...hmmmis there a legal word limit???

Bottom line, I really did not see us going past the friend level, but thought maybe make a new friend. Anyway, he travels about 2 hrs. and we meet. The teeth were awful and the breath worse..spent the day had laughs and dinner(dutch) said goodby..let's do again. Never to make contact again. The question would be as to how to tell someone that you found their general personal hygiene a turnoff? Agonized for days on that<<<<One thing to note I see he views but never communicates.
YEP!!! Bad teeth do to lack of personal care is a HUGE dealbreaker for this lady!
Ah Brilliant..perhaps will read here and get a clue....yesss.

Am I in trouble or in the proverbial iggy bin?
 itsmekenny
Msg: 166
Posted: 9/1/2007 3:23:15 PM
i don't have any teeth and can't afford the $2000.00 for the upper AND lower plate. maybe i neet to find myself a sugermama. LMAO
 trailertrashh
Msg: 167
Posted: 9/1/2007 3:29:46 PM
I couldnt do it. Too many dentist and those crest white strips are sold everywhere. If you cant take care of your mouth what else are you not taking care of???
 SereneWilderness
Msg: 168
Posted: 9/1/2007 4:30:01 PM
Good teeth is a sign of Intelligence. I see people riding new cars; and they have missing teeth and all.. Makes no sense.

I fell and lost a couple of teeth.. yes me.. February 21 on black ice. One total and another one 1/2 and another one just a bit.

I would sell my house to replace then walk around with front teeth missing.. even if it cost a fortune.. which it did not and my ex-husband had covered for me to get a great bridge..

I was afraid to get implantments..heard very painful to put bolts in your gums.

The fake teeth look real.. lol.

But no you are not shallow at all.
 pgail316
Msg: 169
Posted: 9/1/2007 4:47:35 PM
I met this guy off of a dating site and he was nice, very nice but there was something wrong and I could not quiet put my finger on it, then we met at a club another time and I realized what it was, he had missing teeth and broken teeth, so after a few beers, I got the courage up to be as nice as I could. And I mentioned how much better looking he would be if he got his teeth fixed. He said he was working on it, WRONG ANSWER, I told him just have them pulled and get new ones. The man works hard and has a great personality, but he dips and that does not help the teeth or the gums. It has been about 4 years since we first met and when I see him out I always say hello and give him a hug, but to this day he has not fixed his teeth!!! Imagine that!!!
 designingwoman
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 4:49:10 PM
Chewing tobacco is a nasty, disgusting habit that ruins teeth. ICK!!
 duskymorena
Msg: 171
Posted: 9/1/2007 5:14:19 PM
Sorry, but that's a deal breaker for me. That's the first thing I notice about a guy! I don't know if it's shallow, but get that fixed buddy! Oral health is important in life 'cause others judge you. He should make it a priority to get it fixed!
 sum67
Msg: 172
Posted: 9/1/2007 5:15:08 PM
There is bad teeth then there is crooked teeth. If they are bad, then no I wouldn't want to date that person (not clean). Crooked is ok, not like really crooked, but a little even can be attractive in some ways.

Myself I have 100% coverage from work, and my teeth are white, and well taken care of. I don't have any missing teeth, even my wisdom teeth all came in no problem. Thing is, I have a couple of slightly crooked front teeth, and have always been somewhat self conscious about that, and don't tend to smile in pictures, although in person I never have a problem smiling. Well the thing is I finally heard about these things called "high speed braces", they are supposed to take no more than 8 months to work completely, so I've already booked an appointment for a consultation. My insurance does cover $2500 lifetime for orthodontics, and I'll just cover the rest. I didn't get this done earlier because I didn't want braces on for 2 years, and I wasn't in the position to chuck down $10g's on something so mundane (or so I thought). Of course it could be cheaper than that.

For those that want quick results, I'd explore the high speed braces option over things like Veneers which they need to file off some of your teeth to install, plus they only last so long, and have to be replaced. I don't think investing in yourself is a bad thing at all.
 livingquestion
Msg: 173
Posted: 9/1/2007 5:19:03 PM
hey...Teeth are one of the first things I look at! yes, bad teeth would be a real dealbreaker for me, if I was dating.
 Prissymae
Msg: 174
Posted: 9/1/2007 6:35:20 PM
Good teeth are a must. Sorry. I'm now go edit my profile.
 Mariah813
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 6:41:37 PM
If there is something you have a preference for then why would it be considered shallow at all
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > tell me girls is it shallow to not date someone because they have bad teeth?