Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > tell me girls is it shallow to not date someone because they have bad      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ross PK
Msg: 201
tell me girls is it shallow to not date someone because they have bad teeth?Page 9 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
It's not shallow at all.

First off, there's no way you'd be able to enjoy kissing the person if they have really bad teeth. And secondly, what does it say about the person? They obviously don't care about letting their teeth get like that (otherwise they would have brushed them regulary) which seems a bit bizzare, maybe they have issues like zero self worth? Or maybe they have zero will power and motivation to do anything that seems like a chore.
 prettylittlwoman
Msg: 202
? for the ladies
Posted: 9/29/2007 12:20:09 PM
My sister used to say you could tell alot about a guy by the shoes he wears. I think that's true. The teeth, come on! Of course it's ok. Be honest with yourself always. If it turns you off then it won't work. Do you want to kiss a guy with bad teeth? Doesn't it show that it's someone who doesn't take care of himself? Will he take care of you then? probably not. He'e careless in some regards and probably more. Don't waste your time with anyone who you don't have a connection with even if it's just the initial reaction. plw
 Pamperpooch41
Msg: 203
tell me girls is it shallow to not date someone because they have bad teeth?
Posted: 9/30/2007 8:25:51 AM
NOoooo! it's called having some standards.
 But_Wait
Msg: 204
? for the ladies
Posted: 9/30/2007 8:31:01 AM

i mean as in bad like missing and black

Good Gawd I'm trying to eat lunch here not shallow at all IMO
I wont go there

Ok need to go brush my teeth now
 becca210
Msg: 205
? for the ladies
Posted: 9/30/2007 8:33:50 AM
Really bad teeth are a definite turn-off. I don't want to kiss a person like that.
And if I don't want to kiss you.....I don't want to go out.
Becca
 loyal T
Msg: 206
Posted: 9/30/2007 8:36:50 AM
I'd say it depends how bad they are. I also say it's better than the meeting I had where the guy actually had NO teeth.It showed when he laughed, even with his moustache trying to cover it up obviously. It was not a sight to overlook. It made him look"old". I also have to say there are some messages prior here that look SO masculine to be answering a question to the girls here.. They should get that hormone problem checked.
 amberkings
Msg: 207
Posted: 6/8/2008 2:02:11 PM
I have a problem with the following:

what does it say about the person? They obviously don't care about letting their teeth get like that (otherwise they would have brushed them regulary)

Okay, there are other reasons for having bad teeth other than hygiene reasons. There are genetic reasons - someone I know with very bad teeth and I met this person's mother later on and she said that she had dentures since she was was 21. When this person's sister's children had to have dental surgery to deal with their rotting teeth, it became very clear that it wasn't hygiene, but was just teeth that just weren't strong. How sad is that eh. I feel very grateful for the strong and straight teeth I have.

At the same time, bad breath does not make for good kissing. I do have a thing against bad breath. I can't help it, its just a turn off.
 nemonucliosis
Msg: 208
Posted: 6/8/2008 2:06:44 PM
It's one thing to have a few teeth that aren't straight, but another to have yellow rotting teeth.

Sorry, I don't think I could date someone like that, I'm all for personal hygiene! Kissing would be out of the question.
 mrmark19682006
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2008 2:09:54 PM
Teeth can be fixed, it's only a matter of $.
What really bothers me is poor grammar and punctuation.
 AnnF
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2008 2:29:48 PM
Girl, my ex's friend has the worst breath on the planet, the only time his breath didn't smell like death was when he drank Gin. He had the gaul to come onto girls that were more then half his age too. EWWWWWWWWW!!!

Sorry, but if a man's breath smells like something died in his mouth, hell no I won't date him. Yuck!!!
 Tiny Skydiver
Msg: 211
Posted: 6/8/2008 2:56:40 PM
sorry I can't do bad teeth, I know call me shallow as well, but there is such thing as hygiene and such things as Dentists!
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2008 4:09:53 PM
hell yeah it's shallow!!!! my teeth are far from perfect but they're mine, what's left of them anyway...lol. nah, all kidding aside, i still have my teeth, not in the perfect condition but with the high costs of health care and dental care unless a man or woman has an excellent insurance company with the best dental plan then no one's teeth are going to be all that perfect. as long as he has teeth of his own (sorry, no dentures they tend to slip out of place) then he's still date-able as long as i am to him. it's called part of acceptance...it's not the teeth that makes the person, it's what's inside that counts.
 Darknight1984
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 2:44:15 PM
Personally, the first thing I look at when anyone (male or female, date or coworker) opens their mouth to talk to me is their TEETH.
While I do realize that I am not purchasing a horse, I have a mandatory requirement of healthy, straight & clean teeth.
(Yes, crooked, thin in thickness, extremely chipped, gapped, stained, etc are a no-no. Not to mention if it is also accompanied with halitosis.)

If you expect them to be perfectly white and straight you are shallow.
 honey508
Msg: 214
Posted: 6/15/2008 11:48:23 PM
I would do anything to be able to have my teeth fixed. I had braces on when i was pregnant way back when, and actually had them taken off early, and it was a mess. Job doesn't offer any insurance, going to see a dentist is expensive for just the office visist, to tell me what I already know. I'm so jealous of bright white smiles! So for me, I would not dismiss someone because their teeth are crooked. You could be missing out on a truly beautiful person. Some people who are beautiful on the outside, are "crooked" on the inside, and vise-versa.
 misssexyprincess
Msg: 215
Posted: 6/16/2008 10:19:08 PM
NOPE, not shallow, that is a preference, like height, i could never date someone with bad teeth , thats just a really important thing is a SMILE......
 Ponter Boddit
Msg: 216
Posted: 6/17/2008 1:19:33 AM
This is always something i have been worried about and felt self concious over. I was born with a pretty bad bilateral cleft lip and palate so my teeth are pretty much screwed up. they are clean and i have good hygine the problem is simply that like most people born with clefts the teeth just grow out any way they want. its usually all the ones at the front being the problem. my front 2 top teeth in particular were twisted to at least a 45 degree angle creating an inward V. The rest weren't much better with some slightly over lapping in places or gaps in others. I had years of orthodontic work with braces but once they got them pretty straight they simply declared there was nothing more they could do and that was that, this was back in the early 90's and on the nhs..lol. I have seen dentists since and the first thing they tend to say is we can sort those with veneers (wish they said that all those years ago). The problem is the nhs dont like to go very fast and i cant afford to pay private. I would like to think im a nice guy but im always afraid a girls gonna take one look at my teeth and walk away, its rare that you will even see me smile while opening my mouth because of this to. I do have to say though that i have had some amazing gf's who have never even mentioned my teeth or found it a problem so it cant be every woman out there thinking that way. I know its more of apersonal issue myself which will hopefully be fixed soon with nice shiny veneers..lol. If it was a woman with bad teeth as in crooked then i wouldnt let that get in the way of anything. If they were just rotting and falling out then thats another story.
 1izenuff
Msg: 217
Posted: 6/17/2008 1:29:27 AM
no it is no shallow at all if the lady has raunchy breath due to lack of hygiene or just plain rotten teeth due to lack of hygiene thats my two cents:)
 CrumblePie
Msg: 218
Posted: 6/17/2008 1:35:44 AM
of course it's shallow. lol

can someone look up the word shallow and fill people in please.
 dosomething
Msg: 219
? for the ladies
Posted: 6/17/2008 4:17:44 AM

Bad teeth often comes with bad breath, not nice to kiss, not to mention you could get an infection if they gave you oral. The human mouth is dirty enough without adding in rotten teeth.

I agree. If you don't want any kissing or sex in the relationship, then your teeth don't matter.
 Teresa8381
Msg: 220
Posted: 1/27/2011 6:44:48 PM
I started dating someone who has bad teeth and I for one like him.. Does that make me wrong?
 mingo88
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2011 9:38:14 PM
i'd much rather date someone with bad teeth than no teeth at all and yes i've actually met some men who were missing the majority of teeth in their mouth. not sure why they let that happen to them unless they are deathly afraid of dentists or cannot afford it. not everyone has a dental plan and even if you do, many cosmetic procedures are not covered and even with something like a root canal, you send up owing some money. dentists are extremely expensive!!
 xFuriousx
Msg: 222
Posted: 1/28/2011 12:31:13 AM
Well I think I'm a great person.I've never had the chance and I never will have nice teeth.I could get dentures but women find them just as repulsive.Its not about hygiene its about money.I'm a good person and if you can look past my teeth I am 1 sexy man.Actually I've never had much a problem getting women just not the right 1.
 Lucy1122
Msg: 223
view profile
History
? for the ladies
Posted: 1/28/2011 7:16:24 AM
Are you kidding me???
 ALMOSTABLONDE
Msg: 224
? for the ladies
Posted: 1/28/2011 7:49:02 AM
a little bad, like slightly crooked, a little yellow, a little chip, not a prob...anything more than that, I am not into it...the way I see it, most men are pretty picky about the women they want to date, why shouldn't I? I have very nice teeth, braces as a child, go to the dentist (just got a new cap on one tooth) so why would I be attracted to someone who was not on the same level
 hearttoheart07
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2011 11:00:32 PM
I don't know, I kind of like a person to have a set of teeth in their head when they smile. If they have false teeth at least you know they cared enough about themselves to have a set in their mouth. I don't think it's exactly being shallow. I can't seem to be attracted to people with missing front teeth no matter what. And if they have rotting teeth breath forget it. I mean hey if they don't care enough about themselves to get their teeth fixed what else do they neglect. No...I don't think it's being shallow exactly.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > tell me girls is it shallow to not date someone because they have bad teeth?