Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Registered Sex Offender?!?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DacaInaru
Msg: 176
Registered Sex Offender?!?Page 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Thank you Sweetpea :)
 QUEEN GUENEVERE
Msg: 177
Age of consent
Posted: 2/28/2006 7:31:38 AM
Look the problem with ontario is that the age of consent is 14yrs old, how bloody ridiculous is that.

I can see how easily a man could be fooled into thinking that a girl is older, sometimes much older than they actually are.

I say let bygones be bygones, everyone deserves a second chance and then there is always the reasonable doubt part?

If you really care for this guy and enjoy him and hes is good and respectful to you i think you should hang on to him with both hands. He has suffered and because of that he is probably a more compassionate person for it.

Good luck, go with you heart on this one i would say.
 Angel Eyes_Sassy Mouth
Msg: 178
Registered sex offender
Posted: 2/28/2006 8:10:58 AM
Sex offenders only suffer because they get caught. Not because of what they did.I have never seen or heard of one come forth and admit themselves that they did this horrible act and turn themselves in!
 Robbie1984
Msg: 179
Registered sex offender
Posted: 2/28/2006 8:16:51 AM
what's important in this situation is that he tirned her away before having sex.....had he purposelly not cared how young she was, he wou've proceeded to have sex with her....you're not going to lure a 14 into fondling and then send her home....
 DacaInaru
Msg: 180
Registered sex offender
Posted: 2/28/2006 8:17:33 AM
Babie Dollz thats soooo true...

my abuser.. to this day says he did nothing wrong..

after he grouped my daughter..he told the officer 1. I didn't touch her.. 2. she tripped and I was just trying to prevent her from falling.. 3. I don't remember anything happening.. 4. she's a liar..

all in one interview..

they won't admit it... as a matter of fact.. seems like in Latino Culture it almost take on a right of passage in a warp sense..
 Jesiebunnies
Msg: 181
Registered sex offender
Posted: 2/28/2006 8:18:24 AM
^^^^ You are very right. Another thing to consider is that sex offenders never admit their acts. They always blame someone else for their doings usually the child. Most commonly used is that 'he/she (the child) intiated sexual contact with me". People keep treating sexual abuse as if it is some mistake "opps I broke the flower pot" when it is clearly much more than a mistake. Mistakes can be rectified, pedifiles cannot.

Just because this girl was 14 does not mean it isn't sexual abuse. The reason we have laws surrounding age is that children are not emotionally able to give consent to sexual acts like adults are. 14 is still a little girl! Many sex preditors abuse during this age the girl/boy does not have to be 3-9 for it to be considered sexual abuse. Alot of offenders choose these early teenage years because the girl may be seen as a young women who is sexual maturing. Sexual abuse is about power over a child at any age. In other words taking advantage of someone else's lack of maturatiy/knowledge.
 missy_pq
Msg: 182
Registered Sex Offender?!?
Posted: 2/28/2006 9:36:25 AM
Have you thought about these things?

1. Everyone in your neighborhood will be notified that a sex offender lives at your address

2. If you have children with this guy, their friends can never come over and visit because of his record (not to mention the fact that their parents wouldn't let them).

3. You could never live within a certain distance of a school, day care or other area that caters to kids.

4. There are those who will stop at nothing to rid their neighborhoods, towns, etc. of child molestors (including but not limited to physical violence).

5. Your friends and family are sure to be suspicious of his every move and will never feel comfortable having their children around him.

Whether it was a innocent mistake or the story was a coverup, the repercussions will last a lifetime. Do you want to spend the rest of your life paying for his mistakes?
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 183
Posted: 2/28/2006 9:38:15 AM
Missy... you forgot one...

Childrens Services may consider your children and risk of abuse... and if proven to be true... you can lose your children for putting them at risk by letting this person in your home...
 DacaInaru
Msg: 184
Posted: 2/28/2006 10:19:11 AM
^^^ iice thats true..

when i reported my mother's brother for touching my kid.. I was given the 3rd degree.. social service got involed.. and I nearly lost my daughter becuase I live in a 2 family home with my parents.. and my mother was the one that let him near her..

my parents where interviewed..and for about 5 months I had to constantly show up to appointments and children's services to ensure my daughter safety..

unfortunately the perp.. got a slap on the wrist about 2 interviews.. and is still allowed to be in the presense of his grandchildren..
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 185
Posted: 2/28/2006 10:24:36 AM
It is sad... the criteria needed to be met to file criminal charges is different than what needs to be met for childrens services... thus leaving perps on the street... and putting children at risk...
 Chess Bored
Msg: 186
Posted: 2/28/2006 10:37:22 AM
Read up on psychopathic conditions on internet and see if this applies put in' psychopathic traits'..Do something to research your doubts, face value is not good enough...Ginger Snaps comments sound like good advice...you could message her and get more awareness perhaps...change your settings on here and you can mail each other..you may want to speak to someone who's been there done that! and once on friends list change settings back..that is if Ginger Snaps is o.k with that idea and may instigate the first message..either way good-luck in the situation ..
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 187
Posted: 2/28/2006 12:33:32 PM
dacainaru....

i emailed you and said i was i was SORRY for my harshful/hateful word's so i do NOT know what else i could do to make you see that i was NOT trying to bash you because NO woman deserves to have THEIR freedom WHIPED from their soul and heart.

i hope you are doing better today and your
haveing a better, life than the bad memmorys
you have about what happend.
 Angel Eyes_Sassy Mouth
Msg: 188
Posted: 2/28/2006 1:33:36 PM
IN regards to the comment about getting the third degree for reporting something...It has always amazed me that the victims get treated badly for reporting things and treated like they were the criminal. Social services, just hearing their name makes me laugh. The ones here in my area anyway.....We need new improved workers here in our immediate area!(wink) Yes...ill tell ya why i say that....I had these neighbors.. The mother was a drug user...father too..i believe. Mother got pregnant, continued to use drugs...herion and cocaine i believe. Mother is monitored by social services. Mother has baby... 2 months early and the baby girl stays in hospital for two months afterward.lots of bad things keep going on. Mother has to go to meetings and go on methodone to prove shes off drugs. All the while social services is "monitoring them" Now heres the horrible part. Last april at around 10:30 in the morning....cops are all over my street...little baby died and they found out that it was from an overdose of cocaine and cough medicine she didnt need. She was just 7 months old! Social services shoulda taken this poor baby right from the begining and guess what? The parents are still free! It just amazes me why people who are able to do something about a bad situation such as your mothers brother and what he did to this horrible crime against a 7 month old...but don't!!
 dlc111261
Msg: 189
Posted: 2/28/2006 8:43:44 PM
Well to be honest I think EVERYONE need to go to there local state police site and check the sex offenders to see if you are not dating one of them. Some of these guys are sick in the head. But there is also men who have to register that did something you would do so dont judge someone till you know them.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 190
Posted: 3/1/2006 12:33:10 AM
dlc111261

I think that is the honest truth and i agree with you just not because of what you said about not judgeing people but i think if anybody is worried about an sex offender in their area they should, go to their local state police site/station and find out if they are any liveing in their surrounding areas.
 Angel Eyes_Sassy Mouth
Msg: 191
Posted: 3/1/2006 4:25:56 AM
Sex offenders register because they HAVE to...not because they are just doing society a good deed! For those that didn't read a previous post..there is a web sight called FAMILY WATCHDOG....you can go on to it and find out if there are any offenders in your neighborhood.
 sexi_mama
Msg: 192
Posted: 3/1/2006 5:23:04 AM
Some State police actually keep a list of reg sex offenders available over the internet...I know Island County does in WA State....
 DacaInaru
Msg: 193
Posted: 3/1/2006 6:30:03 AM

dacainaru....

i emailed you and said i was i was SORRY

well I never got the email broken but you dont' have to appoligize to me.. honestly your entitled to your opinion..
 Broken_Wings
Msg: 194
Posted: 6/12/2006 2:04:41 AM
Hello "dacainaru" how are you doing? just wanted see how everything is going for you.
 rainskiss
Msg: 195
Posted: 6/12/2006 6:31:46 AM
Alot of men get royally screwed by girls lieing about their age.
But the fact of the matter is something took place.

First let me tell me you this, indecent liberties with a minor sounds more innocent then statutory rape, but alot of states refer to statutory rape as indecent liberties, so if hes trying to pass the IL off as something not as serious or something diffrent, then you need to know this.

Something more had to take place for him to get charged with indecent liberties with a minor,
There had to be proof of something that convicted him.
I would be asking more questions if you know the county where he got charged at you can talk to the judge or the prosecuting lawyer, you may even be able to find transcripts of the trial at the public library, or new article at the library if you know when this happened.

After you check things out for yourself, its up to you make your own judgement call, listen to your instints and follow your intuition and if I was you I would not let him know I was checking until I found out what I needed to know. If its bad and you decide to call it off, do so in the presence of others, not alone, you just never know and you have to protect yourself first and formost. I mean no offense to you but you are 22, I can tell your intelligent but let me tell you hun there is some real smooth talking men out there who can make you believe anything they want you to, check him out more!!!

This sight here is most interesting

My jaw almost hit the floor .......within a 6.04 radious from my house..there is 84 registered sex offenders....

Free site...Check to see who your neighbors are http://www30.familywatchdog.us/

Rain
 Broken_Wings
Msg: 196
Posted: 6/12/2006 5:30:05 PM
know what's odd/funny about this fourm is that some of yall/us may even KNOW the people or a person who is the sex offenders list i checked for my area the other night and i seen a guy on the list who i went school, with and i never knew he was a sex offender because he was one of the quiest/sweetest guys when we was going school.

so some of us might even know people on that list who we use date or even invited in our homes because we was friend's at that time and you never know, but this is a cold hearted/scarry world we live in but NOT every guy is like the one's we hear about.

~davids mom~

.liv2222.
Msg: 197
Posted: 6/12/2006 6:12:21 PM

What do ya'll think? Is what happened with him an unforgivable thing? I don't think I want to be wit hhim romantically now but should I shun him completely?

Yes, I do believe committing a sex crime is an unforgivable act -- and he should pay for it for the entire length of his life. His victim is.

I wouldn't want a thing to do with a sex offender, so any semblance of a relationship would be over immediately.
 Broken_Wings
Msg: 198
Posted: 6/12/2006 6:17:21 PM

Maybe if this girls parents care about her at all they would have had BETTER outlook on what she does and was BETTER parents and tryed teach her right from wrong.
 Darkhorse7
Msg: 199
Posted: 6/12/2006 7:52:14 PM
Stuff does happen,however a guy who can't figure out a gal is 14 or close to it,is a bit shy on smarts,therefore a liablility.Move on.Just tell him the truth and say it's not your trip.
Peace.
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 200
Posted: 6/12/2006 8:01:46 PM
msg 1... sorry this has happened
but this goes to prove why you should
do a criminal background check BEFORE
you get in too deep with someone.

Sorry but I dont buy the he was "just kissing" her....
hope you dont get lied to any more by this guy...
shesh... how horrible to find something like that out.
It was like he held it from you
to unload it on you later.

He lied by omission and should have told you this up front...
and you could have checked for this type thing
by going to the police station and paying 10-15 dollars... or use one of the online
sites to do a background check...
and most police stations have registered sex offender info online
did you know that?
maybe you can check his story out.......
and go to the county where he was arrested and see if the info jives with what
he says
as it will tell you a basic history of what he was convicted of.
for instance... sex with a 14 year old male
or female.
and the sites have their pictures too
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Registered Sex Offender?!?