Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ladies: guy kissing you or asking to kiss you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Schmitty83
Msg: 51
Ladies: guy kissing you or asking to kiss you?Page 3 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
To me I would much rather ask first. I am a bit of a shy guy. I was on a first date a short while ago. I thaught it was going great. I went in to surprise her and she was like a deer caught in the headlights. Also, I don't want to jump the gun and freak her out. One more thing. If you are on a first date and I think everything went well. I will ask. The way I look at it is if you end up kissing, you are usually pretty good for a second date.
 Former Princess
Msg: 52
Ladies: guy kissing you or asking to kiss you?
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:18:47 PM
Schmitty.... you're right... if you end up kissing a 2nd date is pretty much guaranteed...

I have, however, adopted a rule that when a guy comes to get me or we meet somewhere, the first kiss comes after "Hello!"... the reasoning is that you don't have to be concerned with the "will he kiss me or not" stuff running through your head the whole date....

In most cases, I warn the guy when we make the date that it's gonna happen.... and it usualy works well!!!

Smooches that are surprises are fun too.... but for me, they're usually 2nd kisses and beyond.
 BBdrgn
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:44:42 PM
Real Guys KISS you..........................unless she's bigger than you..
 Kubla Khan
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/25/2006 8:51:22 PM
Seems pretty clear that most girls would prefer it if you just did it, assuming they want to.

I'm curious... is it a big enough deal that if a guy asked you, you'd say no because he asked you, where you otherwise would have wanted him to?

Personally, if I'm not sure, I don't ask permission, I just look em straight in the eye and tell them that I want to kiss them. Doesn't come across whussy, and their reaction at that point usually tells me all I need to know.
 fuzzzer
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/25/2006 9:07:06 PM
Oh, God!!! Never ask! Just move slowly to her lips. If she wants to kiss you, she will. If not, she either catch you on the cheek or turn her head. And it REALLY annoys me if a guy asks me if I would like to have sex with him. If he can't figure it out on his own, the answer is always NO! Then, I always reserve the right to say no. (My personal opinion)
 Singin in the rain
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/25/2006 9:29:53 PM
I think it's nice to be asked...or snuck up on...LOL

Either, depends on the place/time/guy/situation

I still say ask, 51%, don't 49%
 SmileyInKamloops
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2006 10:00:14 PM
Oh D*MN it, just kiss me and get this over with. This is one of those real awkward moments when it's the first date with someone. I so dislike these moments. I think the smile on my face and the twinkle in my eyes should tell a guy whether he can kiss me or not. LOL If I really don't want to kiss you, I'll turn my head.

I can remember this one time when a friend of mine met this guy when we were at a volleyball tournament party. They were hitting it off really good but hadn't got to the point of kissing. I had my camera and told them to kiss each other for the pic. Guess you could say, I helped break the ice.

You're welcome, Debbie. LOL
 Tazthedevil
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/26/2006 9:39:53 AM
Well I've found that a lot of men find me intimidating(because they've told me) so that's why they ALWAYS ask me if they can kiss me. I think it takes away from the kiss somehow, it's like talking about the sexual positions you're going to do before you engage in them. Just be a man and go for it!!
 write2
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/11/2006 7:15:07 AM
If there is attraction it starts in the eyes and moves through the body. While I never 'ask' for a kiss, they never come as a surprise either. The date, if it is to become physical in any way, would have progressed through superficial pleasantries, common experiences, emotional exploration, becoming vulnerable, subtle contact and would arrive at the kiss in its own time, naturally. The kiss can be perfunctory, but it should be an unspoken acknowledgment of a milestone in sharing time, emotions and body.
 MillionDollarSmile
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/11/2006 5:32:34 PM
If it's the very first kiss then I don't mind being asked, but after that just go for it.
 meetusoon
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2006 5:59:53 PM
Just jump in there and lay a lip-lock on her. Most that I've met don't want you to ask
 blueeyes4u59
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/11/2006 6:09:54 PM
What about the lady kissing the guy??

I've done both - just gone for it - and asked first - the guys seem to like being asked. Maybe just because it's not the norm.
Posted: 4/11/2006 6:21:52 PM
I never ask either.

I just make sure the cholorfoam takes full effect before I move in for the kiss.

BB
 Bighearted_31
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/11/2006 6:21:53 PM
I say just do it!! A man with confidance to go after what he wants is all right in my books!!
 Belladona
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/11/2006 8:24:48 PM
All depends how he's asking me....if he leans down and whispers in my ear asking for a kiss and tells me how he'd like to kiss me and tells me how he's going to kiss me....and then let's me ponder that for a bit....I'm all his....
 Belladona
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/11/2006 8:24:56 PM
All depends how he's asking me....if he leans down and whispers in my ear asking for a kiss and tells me how he'd like to kiss me and tells me how he's going to kiss me....and then let's me ponder that for a bit....I'm all his....
 majicmamma
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/11/2006 9:37:13 PM
If you ask you give me an opportunity to think with my mind and my mind is commonly saying, not yet......if you feel a need to ask, you're not sure yourself what I'm thinking about you, you don't know if I'm feeling you too.....lol. If you have to think about it, it's not time.
 scorpioseductress
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/12/2006 5:55:55 PM
Kissing...Oh what a beautiful thing....It's been awhile but I still remember it very well...
I LOVE a man with confidence....The chemistry,and the body language says it all....there are no need for words! It is a magical moment that if you place words on it,brings it back down to earth with a kaboom! and not the kind we are hoping to experience.....
Live in the moment and if the timing is not quite right you will have already gotten those clues.
 867love
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/16/2006 12:20:14 AM
hugs are always popular. but dont think i have ever asked for a kiss. just wait for the right time, make eye contact and lean in. usually meet about half way. if i have read the signals wrong i get a quick peck. if not, a big long smooch. -most of the time: mission accomplished. i normally wont give more than a quick peck on the first date. -too much commitment.
 i love canada
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/26/2006 8:29:31 PM
it's not up to me to judge what a guy should do..
but i personally like it when there is already mutual flirting going on and both have acknowledged that we are interested in eachother..rather than just a kiss coming from nowhere...
had a guy i was kind of interested in..(though we were both just friends before hand) say,
" so that's it, no kiss, no hug, just **** you jon, see you later, " which showed confidence but **** was it funny. manipulation...works his way around anything..when i was leaving the room..and i had not kissed or hugged him. wah!
another guy says, "it's very difficult to resist you" and pulled me to him and started kissing me..so i guess that was ok.him being french and all.
but when i have had guys just straight out saying, "would you kiss me?" or "can i kiss you"..where it was sort of just coming from no where..then i just had to laugh cause to me that's a little rediculous..when there wasn't too muc flirting on my behalf...
 butterflygrrl29
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/26/2006 8:32:16 PM
It depends on the situation, but it's very important that he is respectful of myself and my boundaries.
 Riggity
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/26/2006 9:13:59 PM
I prefer going in for the kiss test. If she's receptive to that, then she will more than willing to take part in lip-to-lip festivities :-)
 Brownsugar1313
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2006 6:39:57 AM
I like both......

My ex was nervous and asked me, I said sure and kissed him on the cheek......he smiled, kinda nodded and said ok.......then he looked away beat red and I just grabbed him and laid a big wet one on him......LOL

He loved that......and we were together for years after that kiss.....

terminallycute
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/27/2006 6:49:03 AM
ohh!!..just grab me!!...throw me up against a wall!!...tangle your hands in my hair!!...and kiss me DAMN IT!!

and if your cute..I might not knee you in the groin!!.. oops..I mean..
 867love
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/27/2006 10:28:28 AM
if you have to ask, your not paying attention. the signals tell when you can move in for a kiss.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ladies: guy kissing you or asking to kiss you?