Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ladies: guy kissing you or asking to kiss you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RebaBlue81
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Ladies: guy kissing you or asking to kiss you?Page 9 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I have had guys who I was clearly not interested in both try and ask to kiss me. Not a pleasant sight. 1st, make sure she's into you. If she is, I guarantee you that you will know. Touching, laughing, gazing....anywho, then once that's established, check the atmosphere....then make your move....either in or to ask/state.
 tallblonde111
Msg: 202
Ladies: guy kissing you or asking to kiss you?
Posted: 10/23/2007 9:30:43 AM
If it's a man that I have recently met, then I would prefer than he would ask. Sometimes body signals can be misintrepreted especially if you don't know the other person that well. If it was a man that I have been dating for a while, then he can kiss me anytime that he wants.
 ladymichi_chan
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2007 9:39:03 AM
[qoute] If it's a man that I have recently met, then I would prefer than he would ask. Sometimes body signals can be misintrepreted especially if you don't know the other person that well. If it was a man that I have been dating for a while, then he can kiss me anytime that he wants.[/qoute] I totally agree but if the man can tell im not into him dont try either.
 handsm
Msg: 204
Posted: 10/23/2007 9:48:52 AM
oh come now :) asking to kiss a person?? A man should be able to get a good idea if the woman seems kissable (at a certain point) or not. Maybe some cannot measure the chemistry when dating a woman. Interesting.
 Paprikash!
Msg: 205
Posted: 10/23/2007 11:48:07 AM
What do I care, as long as I get a nice kiss :)
 asheel_heel
Msg: 206
Posted: 10/23/2007 12:11:18 PM
I think many guys screw up by not learning to dance- even if it's just a weeble shuffle. ( You know, wobble but don't fall down.)

When you dance with a woman, all the messages become clear. And a proferred kiss at the end will be met with exactly her level of enthusiasm. A cheek, a buss or something more profound.

O f course, I like to dance and don't use it as an avenue toward seduction. I once danced with a complete stranger for 6 floors of an elevator ride. No, I didn't try to kiss her.
 abstractrelation
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2007 12:29:41 PM
I think girls should ask if they want!
 Tregana
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2007 10:42:05 PM
I've had both. it really depends on the date. Sometimes it's ultra romantic, other times it's kinda huh?? why are you asking type thing.
 jan_fobia
Msg: 209
Posted: 11/4/2007 5:01:48 AM
Astrosky, now how do you know that hmmmm????
 angelpyke
Msg: 210
Posted: 11/4/2007 5:46:40 AM
KISS!
Its ok for men to be men....she will tell you otherwise if necessary!....and YOU know what you want!
 yummywormy
Msg: 211
Posted: 11/4/2007 6:46:24 AM
Nono.. its really awkward to ask verbally.
 Sigi
Msg: 212
Posted: 11/4/2007 7:53:03 AM
No problem when he said "I feel like kissing you"
 toyourheart
Msg: 213
Posted: 11/4/2007 8:02:21 AM
I agree with Lutra..I also like men who are confident and with me too, they'll know if its ok or not..
 000firefighter
Msg: 214
Posted: 11/4/2007 8:13:34 AM
I have never "not asked" and I am very confident, I have never had it kill the moment by asking...that's a load of crap.... if someone is going to base the rest of my persona from; asking for a kiss...good luck with that one...I can tell if they want a kiss or not I just ask anyway...if that's a deal breaker for people good luck!!! You can kiss my ass and you don't have to ask I will tell yousee I'm confident lol
 CaliforniaGuy79
Msg: 215
Posted: 11/4/2007 8:56:49 AM
I remember asking one for a kiss because I was still shy, & didn't know if she was still interested in me or not. Luckly she did kiss me I was 19 & she was 18 at the time. Now 8 yrs. later I know better. Next time I'll ask her if she's single then kiss her when the time is right.
 stephanie57
Msg: 216
Posted: 11/4/2007 9:38:27 AM
That is interesting, I have never had a guy ask if he could kiss me before. I say just go for it be confident and watch for signs of attraction.
 samagipura
Msg: 217
Posted: 11/4/2007 10:11:29 AM
It's not a deal breaker for me. If I want to kiss a guy, it's going to happen one way or another, even if I have to initiate it.

When a guy asks, I see it as a sign of respect, though I have to admit I think it's sexier when he dives right in.

Come to think of it, I've never turned down a guy who's asked, but I've turned down plenty of guys who assumed I wanted it. Could be the guys who ask are generally more cautious whereas the guys who dive in are greater risk takers and it turns into a numbers game for them.
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2007 2:12:14 PM
I would say for a guy who can't read people well, that it's okay to ask. If I'm wanting the kiss, it's no problem for the guy to go for it, and usually it's like asking without words - look into the eyes, pause long enough to get that "permission" but I had one of those awful sneak attack kisses after a date once, bleah. He did it too quickly, and it wasn't welcome. Weird, cuz he was so**** about it, he didn't even think he did anything wrong, and he didn't try to go another date with me either. That's a guy who needs to learn to ask.
 Sweet_Caress
Msg: 219
Posted: 12/20/2007 6:41:02 AM
If he's hot he should just go for it if he's dating me. If he's hot and he asks can i kiss you i turn cold. If he's luke warm and trys it on i think id ring the police.
 Warrior_poet
Msg: 220
Posted: 12/20/2007 7:20:12 AM
The last really great kiss I had was one of those spontaneous ones.

We were at a concert in Atlanta, and on the way out of the amphitheater he turns like he's going to say something to me and instead pushed me up against the wall, put his hands in my hair, and kissed me till my knees felt like rubber and I could hardly breathe. Then when I thought it was over he says in this low husky voice "...just one more.."

OMG by the time he came up for breath I was in doubt as to whether my legs would still work when he let me go lol.

....then his wife walked out of the ladies room.

Awkward.

Turns out he was not divorced...he was separated PENDING divorce.

Yup, awkward....definitely awkward.

c_deacon
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 7:29:47 AM
Don't you hate it when that happens........

OT........I so enjoy an assertive woman that will take the initiative and give you the first kiss or ask if she could have a kiss........very very sexy.......

Most times it is just body language and the feel of the meeting or date that will decide a kiss or not.......

Just my opinion.......
 becca210
Msg: 222
Posted: 12/20/2007 7:39:22 AM
I want the guy to just go for it......my body language and eyes have already given the go ahead. You might remember from another post.......I've asked to be kissed when it looked like things weren't going to work out......wanted to be sure if I was missing anything.
I place so much emphasis on the kiss and kissing in general......sometimes you will get fooled. That kiss that you thought might just be so so.....turns out to make you weak in the knees. And of course......there is still vice versa........but kudos to the kiss......they are all meaningful. For some people...either they never learned the art of the kiss or they are out of practice......but for those that are really skilled.....hats off.....it's the best!!
Becca
 cheetarah1980
Msg: 223
Posted: 12/20/2007 11:46:49 AM
I've never been asked, but the idea of it has always been a turn off. It would have to be done in an extremely sexy way for me to say yes. I can be an @$$ at times. I'd probably say no, just because he gave me the opportunity. I think if anything is going to be said before the first case it should be an assertive statement (like, "I'm going to kiss you).
I prefer for a man to just go for it. When I want to be kissed, it's pretty darn obvious. It's also obvious when I don't want to be kissed. I stay out of reach so there's no chance of a kiss happening.
 regalrose
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2007 12:35:07 AM
Lol....funny...only one guy EVER asked to kiss me, the rest just did it. The guy that asked was my first husband, and for all his faults, this was one of the things that was the turning point for me on our first date. He'd asked me to go for a drive with him and I'd accepted. I'd known his sisters in school, so I knew he was pretty safe. We parked by the lake, and talked for a while, then this song came on the radio that I really liked, and for some reason he started singing to me. I kinda giggled because it was so sweet and odd (to me at least). He picked up my hand as the song was going off and lay his face on the back of my hand...just stayed that way for a minute then looked up at me and said in a whisper, "may I please kiss you?" I know it's sappy, but it took me so by surprise it had me breathless. So, I let him...and ohhhh boy, lol....we got married 5 months later! lol. It may not sound like the modern thing to do, but danged if it didn't work on me!
 DemonLeather
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2007 12:54:54 AM
Well,.. If she's got the "look", I'm gonna "Hoover down "on her.. but still,.. it's nice to be mauled by a confident woman too.
to me,it always seems so dweeby to say "may I kiss you?" just not me. AND, if she doesn't want to be kissed, she'll turn her head, or put her hand over your face. Then you quit, smile & back up. No pressure or 2nd attempts.. next one is on her...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ladies: guy kissing you or asking to kiss you?