Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > You gals need a profile review?... Post it in this thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sweetness905
Msg: 51
You gals need a profile review?... Post it in this threadPage 3 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
any suggestions would be appretiated.
 Griffintown
Msg: 52
You gals need a profile review?... Post it in this thread
Posted: 1/29/2006 8:04:39 AM
JenCdn

Hmm... not much to review
The pict of you and the bride seems like a projection of things desired. I'd remove it. We don't see you very well and it adds nothing. Group shots aren't the best.

The about me section tells me nothing about you and tells me nothing about what type of man you're looking for.

You've got to put a hook on the line if you want some nibbles.

rollerskating as a first date sounds very cool though :)
 Griffintown
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/29/2006 8:19:55 AM
shiningsun

At least you don't have the dancing banana.
Too many emoticons are distracting and don't make for an easy read.

The picts...
Way too many animals...
Let me make this clear.... men are looking for a women, maybe you. Your pets picts. get in the way big time.
It's about you, not the dogs.

Been here before, got fed up and left, back to give it another try...being alone just isnt working for me anymore...

This sentence is really too negative. Tells me that you've been unsuccesful in the past, which is not a good sign. Most everyone on this site is probably kinda lonely and looking for compagnionship, no need to broadcast it.

Apart from telling us your dog crazy...which isn't necessarily a plus (avoid the word crazy in a profile) we don't really get much info about who you are.

It's all about seduction.
seduce, be humourous and witty. Create a little mystery.

You've got a great smile, make it work for you.
 Griffintown
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/29/2006 8:43:46 AM
sweetness905

I want to be stimulated
I want passion
I want romance
I want to share
I want to treasure you

Too bad christmas is over because thats quite the wish list. I want, I want, I want....
Are you spending too much time with your kids, because thats what kids sound like...Mom I Want...
As a man your wish list creates alot of pressure.

Most of what you want isn't about wanting, it's about giving, sharing and recieving.
It's all about being creative in order to make these things happen.

The I Want structure is just plain repetitive and makes for a dull read.

The content of the profile is alright, it's just the form in which you present it that really needs to be reworked.

I'd remove pict. number 6, the one with your hair in a bun, it just doesn't add anything.

The other picts are really good...

There's a strong suggestion of sensuality ;)
 french_thistle
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/29/2006 9:04:07 AM
Ok Mr. Griffin...I'm game...

My profile is open to your comments and suggestions...I'm very curious to see what kind of response I would garner from you.

L.
 Griffintown
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/29/2006 10:04:59 AM
french_thistle

I like paragraphs with space between them.

Again with the need to balance things out, no wonder you're reading the Dalai Lama.
Rebel yet responsible
eclectic yet sane
active but not a fanatic about it

How about writing somthing like.... I'm a responsible rebel who preserves her sanity by activly pursuing a wide range of eclectic something or other.

Make the words flow.

Variety is the spice of life....
The sentence construction is repetitive.
I love words....
I love to laugh....
I love spending....

I
I
I
You I something or other quite a bit.... I'm not saying to start writing in the third person...... but still.

You also have a tendency to list.

Clean up the writing and lighten the content....
Too much information, edit and streamline.
The men who drop in on your profile don't want to read War and Peace.

Change the main pict. it's unclear. Add other picts

You seem like an active, cultured women. Your profile should be an adequate reflection of those qualities.
 shiningsun
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/29/2006 11:45:48 AM
Thanks Grif; Looking back at my profile I see how the emoticons are distracting and for the first time actually I put the animal pics on their last night before I posted to your thread. Just thought pics may tell more about who I am..anyway I changed it and if you have time give it another look. If not, thats ok, I took your advice and will give it a try. I dont actually have a lack of those messaging me, but not always getting the type of fellas messaging me that I am interested in. Thanks again!
 MsAnnThrope
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/29/2006 12:21:17 PM
I wanted to comment to French Thistle but her message restrictions won't allow it. I personally think your last picture of you in the red kerchief is the best. What a great smile! I vote to make that your main one.
 southeastbabe
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/29/2006 1:48:06 PM
Hiya, could you take a look at mine please?
 Griffintown
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/29/2006 2:34:56 PM
southeastbabe

You're a little too secretive... You've got to share more information about who you are.
After all, you're not looking for a one night stand... you've got to give the mates a little more to work with.
Anything you're passionate about.... what makes southeastbabe tick, what makes you go for a man...

What buttons does a man need to push to get your motor running ;)

Put a little more meat on the bone...

The picts could be clearer....

You have an attractive smile, let it shine...
 SassySiamese
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2006 5:21:47 PM
Griff...

Did some tweaking to mine after seeing a segment on the Today Show.... how about a review?

Thanks... btw.. warning... the last picture of me in a wedding gown... That pic was during a halloween party at my favorite watering hole... my friend and I dyed my $900 wedding dress (that I never got to wear) black... we thought it was appropriate given the Halloween thing :-)

Thanks!
 Griffintown
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/29/2006 6:18:36 PM
SassySiamese

I don't like smileys in profiles... I find them distracting.

Ok, so you travel and you like to learn and study...
We don't need to know every stop on you're trip and everything you've studied in.
How about something like: I'm a curious, I like to travel and learn new things either through study or experience..

Paragraphs make reading alot easier. 1 idea= 1 paragraph

Your profile reflects a dynamic personality, it's just that your passion for life is communicated in disorganized manner that affects the perception of the whole. You jump from one subject to other and it makes getting a grasp rather difficult.

The third pict should be your main one... great smile!
 Just_JoJo
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2006 6:23:05 PM
HIyah Kindly review mine>

any tips? :)

thx
 Griffintown
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/29/2006 6:31:03 PM
Jojobeans

Nice tongue.
You seem to like to share it ;)

What can I say?
You're a cute 24 year old chica.
You obviously know how to write and communicate who you are and what you want.

You're straight forward and honest.
Nice mix of giving some and holding some back.

You shouldn't have any difficulty meeting people on POF.
 SassySiamese
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2006 6:40:32 PM
Made the changes... switched the pic and broke up the paragraphs... also I took out the smilies... thanks for the advice!
 Just_JoJo
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2006 6:40:37 PM
Thank you thank you
 Griffintown
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/30/2006 11:10:14 AM
Please don't post anymore profiles in this thread
I'm off POF for the rest of the week....work and real world social life
Probably see you next weekend for more profile reviews :)

Griffintown
Msg: 68
Back for the weekend
Posted: 2/4/2006 1:48:08 PM
I'm back for the weekend....post them right here
 southeastbabe
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/5/2006 12:18:26 AM
Thanks, i will put my thinking cap on and put somemore in there and thank you for taking the time to review mine.
 ladycatpink
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Back for the weekend
Posted: 2/5/2006 11:30:10 AM
Please take a look at my profile and give me some ideas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ann in Maryland

P.S. For some reason I keep attracting guys who are into s/m and bdsm. Any ideas why? And how can I change this?
 Sy~Baby
Msg: 71
Advice Please?
Posted: 2/5/2006 11:57:37 AM
May need some rearranging or clarification...need some suggestions for types of photos to post. I update my profile wayyy too much with few results.

Shona in Ontario
 Griffintown
Msg: 72
ladycatpink
Posted: 2/5/2006 1:16:54 PM
In the straight forward, to the point type of profile, yours is quit good.
Nice little sensual touches combinded with good spelling and grammar.

Now to your problem of attracting s/m and bsdm types. There are two possible answers to that question and neither of them you can change.

You're probably attracting mostly submissive. The reason is that you're 6'0, Big & Tall/BBW. The average male being 5'10, this automatically makes you physically dominant. You've got black hair instead of, say blonde, which can add to a certain serverity and authority; although your great smile doesn't seem to reflect that.

You're also wearing black in picts, again authority....
Try putting up a pict of you wearing something more colorful

The second reason is location. You live in annapolis. What's in annapolis? You've got a small naval station but also the naval academy. Military men who are always giving orders and submitting others to thier domination, enjoy being dominated. It's a way of letting go from the pressures of comand. This may explain your popularity with that type of clientele, your location near the military boys.

On the other hand it's good businness. You could become a mistress and open your own dungeon in your basement. A good mistress can make some very, very serious money. Worth considering if you're at all interested in that scene.

As for a longterm relationship you're profile is just fine as it is....

Good luck and have fun
 Griffintown
Msg: 73
Sy~Baby
Posted: 2/5/2006 1:39:29 PM
Your profile reads like a public policy statement from an automated bureaucrat....
I know you're just messing around.......but
Relax with the big words..... It just doesn't flow.

The second paragraph is actually much better, although you seem totally self absorded, fascinanted by your own existance and ability to write.
Your main pict isn't the best, I'd go for either the fourth one(great smile)or no.7 just for the attitude

Yummy cleavage.

The first date could include your safety issues with a more imaginative proposition.

Nice to read you're interested in culture.

Do you do drugs?Prefer Not To Say
Obviously you do.

Hey, you appear on 62 members favorites lists.
Who's complaiming.

Have fun and enjoy your life
 Sy~Baby
Msg: 74
Sy~Baby
Posted: 2/5/2006 2:10:19 PM
Guess having a sense of humor removes my "great sense" of timing. yeah I try not to sound that way because i care for people quite a bit. Those statements I made were a lousy attempt at detracting people from invading into my private life too quickly.

I prefer positive mode over mooooooooody pictures.

Favorites does not mean they initiate or keep in contact with me lol.

No complaints, just trying to be more relaxed about life in general.
 Griffintown
Msg: 75
Sy~Baby
Posted: 2/5/2006 2:21:51 PM

Favorites does not mean they initiate or keep in contact with me lol.

Why do you think that is?

If you're interested in culture, why don't you consider the possibility of pursuing that in your studies.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > You gals need a profile review?... Post it in this thread