Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > FAQ: Sent emails not showing up in the sent      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ShyVenturaGuy
Msg: 76
Sending messages but not showing up in the sent message areaPage 4 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
again, the powers that be here simply do not know what the problem is or how to resolve it, so they try & try again w/ what seems to be non working solutions & afr too many of us here have this problem, so it is not user error, rather, it's administrator error for whcih they will not accept responsibility It's okay to be wrong, admit it, the move on & fix it !

Frustrated time & again !
 DonInVictoria
Msg: 77
Sending messages but not showing up in the sent message area
Posted: 5/12/2007 9:07:00 AM
Just how large is your First Contact email? Much over 600 characters (around 8 lines), will not go through (but will be shown as "sent", with nothing in your sent folder).

It happened again this morning with someone new.. It is most definitiely related to First Contact... and this user, like the others before her, had no restrictions that as far as I was concerned applied to me. Usually you get a message that tells you if there is one of those restrictions.. I was just old "Message Sent"...
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2007 6:20:55 PM
RE: Reply 83.

I used the word "obnoxious" because it was used in the profile of the person I was attempting to contact - as she didn't want someone with too much of that quality, and sometimes my humor does border (or cross) that characteristic. However, unless you're telling me that it's a banned word, the message should have gone through (and the system did give me a "sent message" page but it wasn't in my sent messages list).

RE: Reply 85.

If I were blocked by the user's visible restrictions, the site doesn't even let me enter the "compose message" web page, but tells me that I'm blocked. I have occasionally seen the blocked page when I wasn't careful about reading the person's restrictions.

RE: Reply 89.

The largest minimum message size that can be selected is 300 characters. ...So why would a 600 character message ever get blocked by a size restriction?

I don't send duplicate (i.e. form letter) messages, nor have I ever contacted more than 10 people in a 24-hour period (nowhere near the limit of 40). Other first-contact messages (but not all - maybe 50% of them) do go through on the first try.

I still think it's inappropriate for the site to report "message sent" when it wasn't.
 DonInVictoria
Msg: 79
Posted: 5/12/2007 6:45:05 PM
For a First Contact message, the filters might well consider it too harsh and derogatory a word to let slip by. I suppose
you could think of it being likely 'banned' for First Contact emails, and that's pretty much what I'm telling you is likely.

> However, unless you're telling me that it's a banned word,

Heh! Because, for First Contact messages, there's a concern about members mass spamming others with humongous
(6000-7200 character) messages. Hence, until there's some level of back and forth communication going on, it makes sense to
not open the floodgates for that First Contact email.

>why would a 600 character message ever get blocked by a size restriction?
 ShyVenturaGuy
Msg: 80
Posted: 5/15/2007 5:23:05 PM
Happening STILL & ANEW ! I tried another Profile - she & I chatted, if you can call it that as it picked up abpout half of what she & I actually wrote ! & then I tried to mail her - SENT, but it DIDN'T SEND at all !

When are the POF folks going to admit they have an un-fixable bug & re do it ?!

No wonder it's free as not all of the functions here work.

FRUSTRATED - STILL !
 Ticketoride
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/15/2007 11:56:51 PM
Happening STILL & ANEW ! I tried another Profile

Another Profile, but also run from the same Computer you had "Sent messages not showing in Sent Message Area" Problems previously & currently using your own Profile?
 ShyVenturaGuy
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/16/2007 9:56:10 AM
Yes, that's correct - I met her in IM, we chatted awhile, then I went to her Profile, wrote a nice letter, nothing against any of ther Posted Rules. clicked on Send, it displayed Message Sent, but later that session, I checked & there was NO message to her in the Sent Area.

Please help, not only me, but all the folks here are & have been experiencing the same exercise in futility.

Many thanks
 Ticketoride
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/17/2007 1:06:05 AM
So, the same problem with her Account as is with Yours using your Computer?

But she has no Problem when she uses her own Computer?
 ShyVenturaGuy
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/17/2007 1:20:58 AM
Thanks but I think you missed my point, not sure what you mean about My PC, her PC, etc. I have no idea as to what PC she uses

I have tried & tried ro reach Profile A, it says Message Sent, yet it's NOT been sent & none of what she or I have in our Profiles, Settings, etc. shoud preclude me from actually sending her a Message.

Secondly, I met a separate woman in IM, we hit if off, so I tried to email her & same thing "Message Sent" yet when I go & look later, there IS NO Messasge Sent .

It seems that since so many have this issue, & from what I have read, nothing seems to be helping, therefore, why not gather around for the new structure of this site & remove that bug once & for all

Until the, we keep trying

Thanks a lot & I'll check back later
 yayawhatever
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2007 1:55:21 AM
There seems to be some confusion. This is only occurring with certain users? What differentiates them from other users? Then it read like it was happening while you were using different or a new profile(s), and then it read like it was only happening on your pc, even when using other ids. It appears much clearer now.

See Lates post - Msg 61 on page 3 in this thread and follow his advice. Send that as a first contact to the individuals you've been speaking with and then follow up with your own message. If that works then there is something in the content of your message being filtered.
 ShyVenturaGuy
Msg: 86
Posted: 5/17/2007 11:35:29 AM
Really ? I am more confused now than ever ! And like others before me who have tried, I Copied & Pasted that text from #61 & it didn't make a difference :-(
 Ticketoride
Msg: 87
Posted: 5/17/2007 11:54:48 AM
Lets try this again?

Thanks but I think you missed my point, not sure what you mean about My PC, her PC, etc. I have no idea as to what PC she uses

Are you having the same "Sent MGS" Problem with her Account logging on with your Computer as you have when logging on under your own Account using your Computer?

Does she have the same "Sent MGS" Problem when she uses her own Computer?

why not gather around for the new structure of this site & remove that bug once & for all

It has not been determined that the Site is the Source of the Bug. Despite any emphatic Proclamations to the Contrary, I believe the Answer does lie within the Infos posted on this Thread. I bet my bottom Dollar something in your E-Mails trips the Spam/Scam Filter, if its not something at your End. So please answer my Questions above, Protests fall on deaf Ears, as I can't do anything with them.
 the_humormonger
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2007 1:25:24 PM
i do believe you'd put your money where your mouth is, ticket, but...

ShyVenturaGuy
User closed account May 17 2007 11:49AM

you evidently scared him away.

as a reminder to those guys (and, why is it that it's only guys???) that have sent message problems -

look at your own restrictions - if you have restricted those looking for:
talk/email -------> you can't mail those who have that as what they are looking for
activity partner----->you can't mail those who have that as what they are looking for
dating -------> you can't mail those who have that as what they are looking for
short term -------> you can't mail those who have that as what they are looking for
etc.
etc.

i am not sure whether this also applies to distance restrictions, such as "must live within 75 miles", but i would imagine it does. so, get out your protractors, guys, because that would be "as the bird flies", not actual driving distance.
 yayawhatever
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2007 6:14:35 PM
I have seen women have the same problem and make attempts to determine why. You are correct however, it is not as often. This makes me think it has to be the IE filter that is blocking them from contact, as women do tend to use this filter more often.

What I got from him in the end, is even the latin text that Late uses to test these issues did not go through. They were not on the same pc, he was just having trouble sending first contact emails period. He said it was only certain users and he wasn't having any trouble using the IM with these users.

Late made it very clear in his posts on page 3 that if the latin text did not go through that it had to be a filtering issue.

Before getting so frustrated, perhaps he could have had the other user send him an email. He was in IM with them, it would have been a simple way to alleviate any first contact restrictions. If that was not an option, my best guess is these users had blocked him and he somehow wasn't seeing the splash screen.

The distance restriction also applies to IMs does it not, so I can't imagine that was the problem.

To anyone seeking assistance, a word to the wise: Please make your posts as clear as possible as you can see the moderators are really trying to help you and if it takes a lot of time to determine what you are experiencing and clearly, then it will take a lot longer to provide you the assistance you seek.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 90
Posted: 5/17/2007 10:01:53 PM
you evidently scared him away.

He closed his Account 5 minutes before my last Post went up.

i am not sure whether this also applies to distance restrictions, such as "must live within 75 miles"

Its 'Approximate', not sure what Database Algorythm the Admin uses, but its quite often out in the left Ballpark, as you may have witnessed in Newbie Topic Complaint Threads here in the Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help Category.

Its a 'First Contact' E-Mail Restriction like any other in the Mail Settings.

Back to ...Sending messages but not showing up in the sent message area
 gtadaizee
Msg: 91
Posted: 5/18/2007 4:36:18 AM
I apologize that this is not directly related to subject but is at the least a first cousin.
Sometimes when I go to send a reply or an original email I get the message about being blocked and go back to my inbox.

BUT I know that I am not blocked by that specific person and so I either try it again and it works, or I reply using another one of the emails received and or sent and it goes thru.

I'm trying to do everything correctly in here but I also like to understand what I am doing.

If you can explain this one (I suspect it is just a clitch but perhaps I am wrong) I would be truly appreciative. T.Y.
 ineedofaffection
Msg: 92
Posted: 5/19/2007 8:00:07 AM
This really is a huge problem... I think 2 in 10 first contact emails are actually sent for me. I really like this site, BUT, this problem is hugely frustrating. What is being done to resolve this problem. At least let us know WHY the emails are NOT going through. The "rules" that have been posted on hear just don't seem to apply. I have tried to send emails to people with NO restrictions and they haven't gone through.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2007 1:30:03 PM
I'm still experiencing the problem, but only on about 50% of my first contact attempts. I've resulted to using my "favorites" list as an "I'm interested" list, but it's not like many peple check to see on whose lists they show up.

As to distance, there are databases that include the longitude and latitude for U.S. zip codes (where the coordinates are usually centered on the zip code's area). With those coordinates, distance can be computed - and that's probably how it's done here.
 13doodle
Msg: 94
Posted: 5/20/2007 3:11:47 PM
Hey all,
I have had the "Sent Message" untruth before myself. The suggestions that are given do not always work.
On top of that I cannot keep anyone in my favorites. It empties when I log out.

No one can keep me on their favorites list either.

Messages that are sent to me by women do not make it most of the time (the problem has worsened over the past few months).

Also, my mail settings and some of my profile specifics seem to change "on their own". At first I thought that i was doing something wrong, but I have realized it is problems with the site.
I have tried changing passwords from my home computer as well as others, pouring over these forums for some sort of answer and finally emailing tech support (3 times-no answer). It has become such a huge issue that I have addressed it in my profile so that women do not get irked with me "not responding to an email that they sent me" (it has happened).

I really like this site as well, but I am pretty much at my wits end. It has become almost unusable.
As far as I can tell, what actually appears in SENT MESSAGES does make it and my VIEWED ME list seems okay. Other than that there are serious issues....
Good luck to you all.
 DVD
Msg: 95
Posted: 5/29/2007 11:44:16 PM
I've had this same problem as a lot of other people have and it is very frustrating. I send messages, it says "message sent" but does not show up on the sent list. It has nothing to do with restrictions by the other user and these are not long or obscene messages either. I've even sent a message, saw that it wasn't on the sent list, then im'd the person to see if they got it or not, and they didn't get it.
This happens to at least 75 percent of my first contact messages. This has been a problem for a couple of months now, and i'm to the point where I can't contact anyone, I can only favorite them and hope they see that.

Plentyoffish, you have got to fix this problem before it drives people away. I appreciate the site, but this is a big enough problem that needs to be looked into. It's just as bad as the the IM problem last year.

If someone can figure this out, please let me know
 TC3
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2007 4:26:36 PM
Not sure if this helps, but the filter on the emails is EXTREMELY sensitive. I sent an email with the name "Dickson" in it, and that prevented the email from being sent out. So go over the email with a fine toothed comb and see if you can find the word that it's picking out.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/2/2007 9:55:19 PM
Just how large is your First Contact email? Much over 600 characters (around 8 lines), will not go through (but will be shown as "sent", with nothing in your sent folder).

For a First Contact message, the filters might well consider it too harsh and derogatory a word to let slip by. I suppose you could think of it being likely 'banned' for First Contact emails, and that's pretty much what I'm telling you is likely.

Nonsense !!!

When are the POF folks going to admit they have an un-fixable bug & re do it ?! No wonder it's free as not all of the functions here work

Please help, not only me, but all the folks here are & have been experiencing the same exercise in futility.

It seems that since so many have this issue, & from what I have read, nothing seems to be helping, therefore, why not gather around for the new structure of this site & remove that bug once & for all

Its an enhanced Filter blocking Users who message People with 'Intimate Encounters' excessively and then try and message Women who don't want anything to do with that.
 gtadaizee
Msg: 98
Posted: 6/4/2007 9:32:07 AM
Well I'm a female, all woman I might say and over the past few days I have had an awful time with this problem for the first time! After about 6 tries to one fellow, I sent a one sentence email telling him I was trying to send him an email AND IT WENT THRU!!! Then I cut and pasted my intended email and it went thru.

I simply think that this is just a fluke, no rhyme, no reason!!!! Irritating but I guess we have to live with it.

Just wanted to make sure you knew this is NOT a gender issue oh and I don't message I.E.s Sometimes I look just to see what the big deal is BUT otherwise I won't touch an I.E. even if it appears harmless.
 GraceAlone
Msg: 99
SENT message folder?
Posted: 6/7/2007 3:04:01 AM
I must be blind ... I can not find a SENT MESSAGES place at all! Where is the Link? I have an IN box but I do not seem to have an OUT box???

Please help the poor blind lady!
 Ticketoride
Msg: 100
SENT message folder?
Posted: 6/7/2007 3:05:50 AM
I can not find a SENT MESSAGES place at all! Where is the Link?

Related Links:Sent Msg/Outbox
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > FAQ: Sent emails not showing up in the sent box or receiving a System Message disallowing contact.