Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How many 40 year old men still live with their mother?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Football Mom
Msg: 23
How many 40 year old men still live with their mother?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
No, whoville, the word "boy" is more like it. I wasted my time waiting for him to become a man
 derek73x
Msg: 24
How many 40 year old men still live with their mother?
Posted: 2/4/2006 2:31:39 PM
The only reason a 40 year man or woman should live with their parents is to take care of them or because they shouldnt live by themsleves. My aunt is in her 50s and never moved out. Now my Grandma is 80 and shouldnt be by herself.
 one man one woman
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2006 3:25:49 PM
I was 33 when I moved out, for the first few years after school it was financial, then she had a number of strokes and I felt that I had a responsibility to help take care of her, so Iput my life on hold for ten years.
 Football Mom
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/4/2006 5:09:50 PM
I admire you gentle bear - It's very different living at home taking care of ailing parents. I had mentioned earlier that my ex bf's mother was perfectly healthy so there's no excuse.
 NoNeed2Look
Msg: 27
Posted: 2/4/2006 5:44:12 PM
A very good friend of mine that I have known for almost my full life, lives with his Mom and GrandMother on and off. I always looked at it like he was doing something nice. His father walked out before he was born and his mother had to go back home. When we were in the 3rd grade his GrandFather died.

Those of us who know him smile and just nod when he makes up a new reason to move back home, or why he can't make his relationship last with the lady in his life. Those who take the time to know him know that he is the only one his Mom and Grandmother has. The Ladies that have made it the longest with him understood and helped out. Grandma is in her last 80's and Mom is in her late 60's now and they need help in the winter with the snow, car, coal burner..... He only moved away from town when he knew someone else was there to take care of them.

So to get to my point. Sometimes you have to look deeper into the picture to see the real reason a man is still living at home at any age.

He lived with my husband and I when we still lived in PA. He knows how to treat the ladies in his life and the ladies he dated he treated GOOD!! For him his Mom and Grandma come 1st no matter what.... They can't make it without him.....
 whoville
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/4/2006 7:19:11 PM
The problem is that the excuses for a man living at home are the same for the people who are fat - they use they excuses whether they are true or not because they don't want to look stupid.

Fat person says "it's genetic, I have a thyroid problem, i do watch what i eat an exercise"; yeah, right, of course you do. Just like the guy, who when confronted, all the sudden pulls out "my mother is living in poverty and I am there to help her with the bills" or "he is very sick and weak; if I weren't there she wouldn't eat". Too many people use the lies as their excuse, which makes them worse than where they started in the first place.

Give mom some money! Get a nurse to go in an see her! Out her in a state home for the befuddled! You don't have to live at home.
 Montana27
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/4/2006 8:44:21 PM
I don't know ANY 40 yr old men living with their mothers, for that matter, I don't know any 20 yr old men still living with their mothers!
 naterb
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/12/2006 7:08:51 AM
If their is 40yrs old men still liveing with there mother"s. Theirs got to be something wrong with them. He must of been a real momma's boy!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How many 40 year old men still live with their mother?