Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why Do Men Say "I Love You" & then dump you later?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 steed1978
Msg: 151
Why Do Men Say I Love You & then dump you later?Page 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
What most of us are really saying is that we LUST you.
 Sethfire
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Why Do Men Say I Love You & then dump you later?
Posted: 6/29/2008 4:53:57 PM
ask yourself that question....think back Im sure you did that to someone karma sucks for you
 Solarpanel
Msg: 153
Posted: 6/29/2008 5:01:54 PM
It's because they want to and they're evil and they're training you to appreciate the men that don't do that and they're giving you something to laugh at and ... and I don't really know.

What was the question?
 sn1ckerz
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 8:05:26 PM
jill,
Love is may things. And unfortunately so many people use it to get what they want. Like sex. But it isn't the guys who are the only ones saying it and then leaving.
Many women had said it and then "POOF", they are gone.
I do believe in love. I was in what I believe to be true love once so far. I loved the women I dated but for different reasons of each one.
Have I said " I love you" and then dumped them. No, that isn't my style. I have been left and been the one who left. Its all a matter of what happened. And unfortunately somebody gets hurt.

What you said here

From now on when a man says "I LOVE YOU" to me, I will laugh at him and treat him like a joke.

I think you are taking things to an extreme. Not everyone is that bad. Build a wall if you have to and keep your gaurd up. But don't shut all out becasue you might lose the one for you.

JMHO
 sn1ckerz
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 8:08:03 PM

think back Im sure you did that to someone karma sucks for you

Thiers that KARMA word again. Aint that peachy
 indehills
Msg: 156
Posted: 6/29/2008 8:10:05 PM

Why do men say "I Love You' and then dump you later on?

More "MEN do this, MEN do that" crap.
 GREENEYES269
Msg: 157
Posted: 6/29/2008 8:23:11 PM
There is a difference between Love and True Love. Love comes in many forms and has many ways to say it. That's what your relationship was just Love. some one can say they love you and mean it. True Love Never has to be said you know it there eyes. You can tell when you touch them and there eyes glow and there heart races and the goose bumps come up. True love isn't a word it is your Heart. Unfortunately you can have True love but the person you are with might not. When you feel it a lot of times you get blinded by it and figure they are in it to. There is Love at first sight But never confuse it with True Love. that is something that will grow. When it is coming from both Its the most wonderful thing there is. you can feel it when you look in
 bloomsatnoon
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 8:28:54 PM
Number one you got to know what you are giving before you know what you are about to recieve....think about that one....do you honestly think that love is a roll in the sheets...I think NOT... AND I never even had to think about that... I KNOW alot of women think just because they slept with a man that that man is now theirs lol what a joke women just dont know what love is I HAVE A BROTHER WHO GIVES OUT RINGS LIKE THEY WERE ON SALE CHEAP...JUST LIKE THE GIRLS HE GOES WITH BELIEVE IT HE DUMPS THEM LIKE A TIM HORTON COFFEE CUP .AFTER THERE USED THEY ARE USELESS TO HIM
 Seve13
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2011 2:30:04 PM
And why is it that woman supposedly never do that?
I find it to be as much on the woman's side as a man's(to say I love you and take off with another person). Enough of the self-pity crap.
You seem to just be a negative person, and maybe there was a reason he took off.
 janice9273
Msg: 160
Posted: 8/26/2011 6:42:28 PM
i ve been asking myself that same question alot lately. my boy friend of six years said i love you to me almost everyday for the past six years then two months ago he called me while out of town working and told me he didnt want me anymore i was devastated.you should never tell someone you love them if you truely do. because if you truely love someone you will never leave them.some men tell you they love you to only get what they want. this is to the next man who comes into my life never tell me you love me if you are not serious. im not playing no more mind games
 adamsuperman
Msg: 161
Posted: 8/26/2011 7:30:15 PM
Women do the same. I have no doubt women say they "love you" then dump you later on. My ex and me lasted almost two years. I have shoe boxes full of letters, notes, cards of her saying " I am her one and only" or " She loves me more than anything". But when her EVIL, DRAMA, CRAZY parents didnt like me and basically made her choose me or them....she chose them so I think the whole "I love you and dump you later" statement applies for both sexes
 garold01
Msg: 162
Posted: 8/27/2011 4:09:33 PM
Why do women say the same thing? Basically shallow and no commitment to anything. I've had it many times. Its not about gender. Some people just don't attach importance to anything and then they change their minds. They will never be happy.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 163
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:57:19 PM
It ain't just men.
 Rare_English_Beauty
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 7:06:52 PM
I thought this thread was a little odd ball until I read this post. Thanks for explaining my previous relationship to me. I really feel as though I know what was going on. A real eyeopener!
 Rare_English_Beauty
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 7:10:20 PM
I was referring to this post. Not sure why it didn't quote.

IT IS BECAUSE THEY HAVE YOU AND C THAT YOU CARE ABOUT HIM THEN HE GOES OUT AND FIND HIM SELF ANOTHER WOMEN OR 2 WHO KNOWS AND THEN HE TELLS YOU THAT HE LOVES YOU JUST TO KEEP U AS A SPARE AND MAKE U THINK OH MY GOD HE REALLY LOVES ME BUT HE DOESNT BECAUSE HES ALREADY GETTING USED TO ANOTHER WOMEN AND HE STARTS TO LIKE HER AND START TELLING HER I LOVE YOU AND THEN EVERY TIME HE HANG OUT WITH YOU .. YOU START TO GO ON HIS NERVES MORE AND MORE BECAUSE HE REALLY LIKES THE OTHER WOMEN AND DONT WANT U NO MORE THEN HE SAYS IN HIS LIL HEAD U KNOW WHAT SCREW THIS WOMEN I HAVE OTHER ONE I LIKE BETTER SO HE GHOES AHEAD AND DUMP YOU AND THAT GOES ON AND ON BECAUSE IF U DONT STICK TO 1 WOMEN U CANT REALLY HAVE A NICE RELATIONSHIP BECAUSE U THINK OF ANOTHER WOMEN MORE THEN THE ONE U HAVE NOW SOONER OR LATER OTHER WOMEN STAT ASKING YOU HEY U NEED TO SEE ME MORE OFTEN THATS WHEN U DUMP UR WOMEN AND THAT SUCKS FOR HER BECAUSE ALL THE TIME SHE MAYBE LOVED YOU AND CARED ABOUT YOU BUT I GUESS THATS THE WAY.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 7:13:13 PM
I love apple pie. I can dump a lot of it into my piehole when I am so inclined.....

But, women arent apple pie are they? I have been dumper and been the dumpee in my life. Neither felt very good either. Feelings... if I meet a lady and things are going well I try to ask myself this. Am I in love?? In lust?? Or do I even know what love is ??

And I have'nt said I love you to a woman in a long time. It kind of puts you out there in a vulnerable spot. She may even laugh and treat me like a joke. And, I'll be darned if I know what women want. Or need.

I think I'll have some more pie.....
 beenambedie
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 10:07:50 PM
Posted By: jillmac71(d1455812) on 2/18/2006 441 PM
Subject: Why Do Men Say I Love You & then dump you later?
Message: Why do men say "I Love You' and then dump you later on?

LOVE is many things.
LOVE is a feeling.
LOVE is an action.
LOVE is a strong powerful 4 letter word that is commonly misused and abused by too many people.
TRUE LOVE NEVER DIES.
TRUE LOVE CAN NEVER TURN INTO HATRED.
Unfortunately, not too many people know what true love really is.
Therefore without knowing what love is, it's impossible to give love & recieve love.

Why are men afraid to show a woman their love with their actions?Why can't men walk the way they talk?From now on when a man says "I LOVE YOU" to me, I will laugh at him and treat him like a joke.He could say those 3 magic words to me a million times and it won't mean anything significant to me UNLESS he shows me his genuine love for me with his actions.Words alone are not enough & actions speak louder than words.

What a coincidence ! These are my exact sentiments toward women
 unclezeus
Msg: 168
Posted: 8/28/2011 1:58:49 AM

Why do men say "I Love You' and then dump you later on?

Simple.
People confuse infatuation for love, so they tell you they love you.

LOVE is
....compassion for another. Thats all it is. And yes it can die. And yes "Love" is over hyped.

Infatuation is not love. And infatuation dies [wanes] over time, about 2 to 3 years.
Seven years, if a baby is born within the first 3 years.

TRUE LOVE NEVER DIES.
....There is no "True" love. There is infatuation and there is love. Passion and compasion.

TRUE LOVE CAN NEVER TURN INTO HATRED.
...Oh sure it can.

Therefore without knowing what love is, it's impossible to give love & recieve love.

Not necessarily. A lot of people don't know what a virus is , but they still can give and receive one.

Why are men afraid to show a woman their love with their actions?

Most likely because she , or another woman, has given him good reason to be afraid.

Why can't men walk the way they talk?

That would look funny.

From now on when a man says "I LOVE YOU" to me, I will laugh at him and treat him like a joke.

Can if you want to.
However better to just laugh at him and tell him , "No, its infatuation", if you've been together less than 3 years.

He could say those 3 magic words to me a million times

Why should he say these words , to you, at all? How have you earned this?

and it won't mean anything significant to me UNLESS he shows me his genuine love for me with his actions.

That won't work either. Why? Because infatuation makes us do amazingly stupid and dear things for the person we are infatuated with.

Words alone are not enough & actions speak louder than words.

Still there can be something lost in translation.
 sharl123
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2011 1:59:19 AM
Men are a bunch of liars, will tell you ANYTHING , and I do mean anything, to get laid.
 sharl123
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2011 2:00:57 AM
LOLOLO that's funny stuff. who care's
 twin sis
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2011 4:01:47 AM
Both sexes do it but for what reasons, who knows? I'm a firm believer in actions speak louder than words anyway.
 DeviantAJ
Msg: 172
Posted: 8/28/2011 6:00:03 AM
I think if a man says he loves you before you know he does through his actions there is a problem.

I loved my ex girlfriend very much, and I only got the chance to tell her I loved her the day she dumped me, because I knew I did, and I knew my actions showed her I did. I wanted to make sure the day I told her I knew without a doubt the truth behind those words. I was with her for 6 months, and I knew 5 months in. I don't know if this is just my opinion, but I never say anything I don't mean... and sadly I think the worlds 'I love you' are quite overused and because of that lose their meaning/strength.

I knew my girlfriend didn't love me, but she would call me love. LOL. But my girlfriend told me I was the greatest guy she ever met and that she was scared I'd leave her when I brought up one week that she was being distant, a month later she left me saying she felt no romantic connection or that I was ever her boyfriend. So I've learned people say a lot of things before they dump you = /.

I think that's the biggest indicator though, if you feel he loves you before he tells you, I think you can trust a little more that it's the case. If the word's come out before you can tell, I'd be a bit wary. It's all about trust. And giving someone that, make sure they earn that trust, before you believe words, because sadly I've learnt the world is full of people who like to talk and a smaller portion of people who actually do.

Just my 2 cents!
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 173
Posted: 8/28/2011 10:01:04 AM
And of course no women has ever acted this way.

"TRUE LOVE NEVER DIES.
TRUE LOVE CAN NEVER TURN INTO HATRED.''
Ironic that the two points you stress the most you couldn't be more wrong about. It can on both counts.

''Unfortunately, not too many people know what true love really is.''
By whose definition, yours? Poets, philosophers, and clerics throughout history have been unable to define love. But obviously they didn't have your insight.

''Therefore without knowing what love is, it's impossible to give love & recieve love.''
In your VERY HUMBLE opinion I assume.

''From now on when a man says "I LOVE YOU" to me, I will laugh at him and treat him like a joke.''
What man, with even the slightest amount of self-respect, would want to show you anything but the same in return?

But good luck with that....
 anniehotty
Msg: 174
Posted: 8/29/2011 5:56:44 AM
ok why do boys dump a girl to be single after two years answer that one
 LargoMaNonTroppo
Msg: 175
Posted: 8/29/2011 7:25:07 AM
I know a woman who left her husband for another man. The week before she left, she was posting on his facebook page how much she loved him.

Go figure.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why Do Men Say "I Love You" & then dump you later?