Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dahliakitten
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?Page 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I don't think so. Love has different levels. Emotions, feelings, then commitment.
 Bob Dylan
Msg: 52
Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?
Posted: 2/23/2006 3:31:44 PM
I think I was once in love within a week.

Im not making that mistake again.
 CountrySugar
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/23/2006 3:46:44 PM
Everyone thinks they are inlove in the first week. Everything is new and exciting, that changes...then you realize you weren't..you were just twitter patted is all..
 joey169
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/23/2006 3:47:36 PM
Its LUST!!!! How can any1 believe anything people say online........?.......Maybe if u talked on the phone quite a few times.......I'm just having a hard time with this online sh*t......everybody is different! Love is strange n works in mysterious ways......I think I luv sum1 on here but.......dunno......things don't add up so I put my feelings aside n play the games!!!!
 ohno!
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/23/2006 4:29:40 PM
true love takes time
 Sienna_leigh
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/23/2006 5:15:45 PM
destiplex: "Not true! love can be instant and lasting. you have now idea how much you can know about someone before you even speak a word.

you reduce the living experience to one sense, sight. fyi, the woman I fell for in that instant
was totally not who I would have picked to date. something inside me just snapped my eyes toward her and I was in love right then and there. still, as I had said, I had not the guts to talk to her so....even when she approached me. I was paralized. if that ever happens again I will not hesitate!!!"

No offense but that's very naive thinking. What you're describing is a very intense infatuation. There is NO WAY you can know enough about someone by just looking at them, puhlease. If not, then by your line of thinking, if someone walked up to you covered in a gunny sack, you could fall in love with them too - just by first sight - knowing nothing about them, not having spoken to them. Uh huh.

Maybe you're young and haven't really experienced true love? In order to fall in real, true love with someone (not lust, not infatuation), you've got to know about them, have a lot of deep respect and admiration, you've gotta know their little idiosyncrasies and quirks, you've gotta see how they treat others, etc etc. There are far too many people out there who are "in love" with "being in love." I've dated a few guys like this and it's a huge turn-off. I've dated guys who professed their love to me after 2 weeks and it was ludicrous because we'd only gone out on a couple of dates. These kinds of men scare me, I think they're desperate and so hellbent on being in love that they create it in their mind - and they're always clingy, needy, and a pain in the a***.
 ohno!
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/23/2006 6:37:47 PM
Sorry, Desti...gotta agree wtih Sienna on this one...I was dating someone briefly from here, and he told me he loved me and wanted me to say I loved him...I don't think the words "I love You" should be thrown around so casually. I liked him alot, but we didn't know eachother well enough to be saying that (atleast i didn't)...and, look...here I am single again. So much for love--he didn't do anything to stop me from breaking up with him...so, I guess he didnt' love me like he THOUGHT he did....
 lexus430
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/23/2006 6:53:58 PM
i fell in love with my puppy at first sight
 Integral_life
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/23/2006 7:51:33 PM
lmao

LMAO

From the sublime to the ridiculous is but a step.

Infatuation ... lust .... sure, why not.
 Zastrazzi
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2006 6:10:40 AM
It's completely possible. My wife and I met over the internet, I flew her to Calgary from Dallas to meet and we fell in love almost immediately.

On her next trip up a few weeks later, I proposed.

We were married two and a half months later, and are still happily married 6 years later.

Love isn't about following rules. It's about following your heart.

Unless it's one sided, then it's about following the rules... cuz the other thing is stalking and a little freaky ;)
 Sienna_leigh
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/24/2006 7:36:45 AM
Zastrazzi, how ironic:

It's completely possible. My wife and I met over the internet, I flew her to Calgary from Dallas to meet and we fell in love almost immediately.

On her next trip up a few weeks later, I proposed.

We were married two and a half months later, and are still happily married 6 years later.

Love isn't about following rules. It's about following your heart.

Unless it's one sided, then it's about following the rules... cuz the other thing is stalking and a little freaky ;)

...this kind of response coming from a MARRIED man who's "polyamorous" who's on here, looking to "date."

And just because there are stories of those who fall in love at the speed of light and marry shortly after, and they're still together after some time - that could mean all kinds of things. It could mean that they were both extremely desperate to have "someone" and they had low expectations and are willing to settle for anyone/anything, all to avoid being single. And just because 2 people remain together doesn't mean they're happy and fulfilled - lots stay together because it's familiar and comfortable, or for financial reasons, or because there are children involved.......or because one or both are cheating on the side.

1 out of 2 marriages end in divorce - how much common sense is required, based on that stat, to know that relationships, love and marriage aren't things someone should jump into?
 louispointe
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2006 8:27:43 AM
The thing about love is there is no litmus test for it.
It is different things to different people.
We each have our own ideas about it.
No persons interpretation is any more valid than anyone elses.
I believe love is like a leap of faith.
I place no limits on love.
I CHOOSE to believe there is still a little magic left in the world.
We ARE what we THINK.
Think LOVE.
Take the leap.
 dodgerdan
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/24/2006 8:44:34 AM
Ya but what if you fall in love with that preson and don't know if they fell the same way.
It's fustrating not knowing what to think. How do you know if you have met your soulmate,
I say when you met somone how rocks your wold every time you see here or him smille
Ya in 1 week it is possible to fall in love.
 juanchito26
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/24/2006 1:21:27 PM
Here is a secret for having a woman fall in love with you within a week.....
Tell them you make 500K a year or more, you own 3 houses, and you travel all over the world.....
That will get you a girlfriend in a day
 cxs33
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/24/2006 1:39:10 PM
NO! YOU CAN'T FALL IN LOVE IN ONE WEEK...

Love is a state of mind, a state of life and a bond that is only grown over time; when talking about a love between two stangers. There is so much that goes into love that it would be impossible to list here and impossible to develop in one week.

There are three types of love:

love between family (blood relation) you're born into it

love between soldiers (you would die to protect them and they you)

love between two people in a romantic interest (marriage)

(This is Bible stuff, in case you were wondering)

Anyway, the feelings that you have initially (lust, desire, happiness) are chemical reactions in your brain that can exist for up to 18 months in some relationships. After that Love takes over, if you're lucky, and you stay together; hence the wedding vows. Unfortunately, 67% of marriages in the US end in divorce because we want that chemical reaction to stay with us forever.

Why do you think most people say they are looking for "Chemistry" when they meet for the first time?

Good luck all,

CXS33
 verysweet
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/25/2006 3:38:42 PM
This one is so very hard. I would like to think that it is a possible thing (but alot of people would like to think that) I do infact believe it did happen to me.But to me and to the other person are two different things that often don't match up.If it feels that amazing take the ride see what happens but also try to protect yourself because the fall can be harder then the flight.Be yourself and hope to hell he is all he seems.
 serendipitous17
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/25/2006 4:28:32 PM
Perhaps you can... but you only find out in the long run when all is said and done. So after a few years has passed when looking back, you can make that claim. After week one if you can know for certain it is love forever I would have to laugh at your wishful thinking. Either that or the two people are so hollow that there is nothing to learn about the other, in which case they love what they see and thats all there is to it.
 Zastrazzi
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2006 4:51:45 PM
Ironic? Perhaps from your point of view it is. Your point of view clearly being one that either doesn't understand polyamory or one who disagrees with it.

And just because there are stories of those who fall in love at the speed of light and marry shortly after, and they're still together after some time - that could mean all kinds of things.

It could mean that they fell in love and are still in love. But of course it's more fun to take aim at people who have something you don't. Me, I call that sour grapes.

It is certainly the height of arrogance on your part however to assume you know anything about how my wife and I feel about each other, or how happy we are. Allow me to assure you my wife and I are extremely happy in our marriage. We've probably met more challenges in our 6 years together thus far than most couples get in 15 as we fight our way through the Canadian immigration system.

Being polyamorous means a lot of things, and unless you intend to have an adult discussion about it, there isn't much point in going any further.

As for your stat that 1 in 2 marriages end in divorce, all that tells me is that most people don't know how to pick a partner.
 Betty Boop 2
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2006 7:19:13 PM
I think it is possible to feel something stronger than just friendship within a week but i don't think there's a word for it. I think people don't know what love really is and they just use that word to describe an unexplanable, extremely happy feeling.
 Waiting41
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/25/2006 8:08:05 PM
I think the best word to describe this would be "illusion" !
 daylillies
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/25/2006 8:34:34 PM
i say its..........LUST !!!!!!
 TheKid72
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/25/2006 8:41:13 PM
Wow, you could have wrote this exact story about me, except I had him play me for 3 weeks. I thought it was love at first site as well, and we grew so close, and he said he felt the same way. He was even the first to say them 3 words every person longs to hear (I have never said them first to a guy). But then after about the 2nd week, things went downhill. Then he asked me to go to Colorado with him for a long weekend to meet his dad so i thought that ok, maybe we can work on us this weekend, we will be away and just have lots of time to ourselves, but boy, that was one of the worst weekends and worst vacations of my life. 2 days after we got back was Valentine's Day, he sent me a dozen long stem roses to me at work. The next day we are talking on the phone and he tells me that he doesn't love me anymore...........WTF where did that come from??????????? So he broke up with me and I have found out that broken hearts are the worst things to ever have to deal with.
 destiplex
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/26/2006 5:34:47 PM
["No offense but that's very naive thinking. What you're describing is a very intense infatuation. There is NO WAY you can know enough about someone by just looking at them, puhlease. If not, then by your line of thinking, if someone walked up to you covered in a gunny sack, you could fall in love with them too - just by first sight - knowing nothing about them, not having spoken to them. Uh huh.

Maybe you're young and haven't really experienced true love? In order to fall in real, true love with someone (not lust, not infatuation), you've got to know about them, have a lot of deep respect and admiration, you've gotta know their little idiosyncrasies and quirks, you've gotta see how they treat others, etc etc. There are far too many people out there who are "in love" with "being in love." I've dated a few guys like this and it's a huge turn-off. I've dated guys who professed their love to me after 2 weeks and it was ludicrous because we'd only gone out on a couple of dates. These kinds of men scare me, I think they're desperate and so hellbent on being in love that they create it in their mind - and they're always clingy, needy, and a pain in the a***. " ] you seem angry about this subject. fyi kinda young 31, got smacked down pretty hard once I loved her she didn't love me as much. she came after me "ie" started the relationship. it hurt alot but all the same the emotion was real for me, love is love even if the other person does not feel it. as to if I am desperate? no not really, women hit on me all the time, I am more discerning now about who I share my love with. being hurt in love has not killed my heart or my soul.
 LMAO
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/26/2006 8:32:11 PM
As I read all the above and what else that may come after I post this:

Is amazing how people think , how people react, to one anothers feelings when truely they are being honest not afraid of wearing their hearts on thier sleve, those are the ones whom get hurt the worst i found.
Plus they are the ones whom are the most afraid, of the reality of getting hurt.

They wear the heart on the sleve to be honest, open, and truthful , but then they get bashed for being needy , desperate, interesting on everyones thoughts.

But yet, that is what everyone truely craves, is someone that is honest , open, and true to thier feelings.
Then when it comes along, they do not know what to do with them, because it scares them.

Becareful in what you wish for, it may actually happen and you may not be able to actually deal with your wishes.

Is a vicous cirlce, scared, truth, trust, respect, lust, passion, then hurt. Not excatcally in that order, but is how it goes.

One thing, is the beleif in people, so many have been betrayed, that one never forgets, is sad, because you should never live and assume that everyone is the same, is why we are human, and we are all different, otherwise lives woul dbe very predictable, and if you can predict your future, power to yeah, you would not be here , would you?
 Latinomarine
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2006 9:37:44 PM
i belive that anything is possible when the intentions are right... just follow your heart, it will never lie to you...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?