Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bettyg471958
Msg: 76
Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
No I don't think its possible to fall in love in 1 week with someone. If I meet another man whether its on here, or on some other dating site and he says he is falling in love with me, I am SO running the other way! It takes time to build on a good relationship. Honesty, good communication, wanting to spend time with each other, and ALSO making time for each other and if you really care about someone, YOU WILL make the time to call that special someone up.
 AllThoseYesterdays
Msg: 77
Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?
Posted: 3/6/2006 10:39:25 AM
A week? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha ...... pleaseeeeeeeee.
 smilescolorado
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/6/2006 10:40:50 AM
"Love at first sight" is a concept that sets people up for disaster. Meeting someone for the first time and jumping into a relationship is very risky. It can work out if the people are similar enough in their mind-sets and are considerate to each other, but instant relationships tend to fail. This is because both people do not know enough about each other and respect has not been built between them.

When a person loves another person, he/ she should be able to list reasons why he/ she loves the other person.

I beleive in the land of make believe and anything can happen! Fairy Tales do make us believe just that.
 hendrix8989
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/6/2006 10:41:45 AM
know way....you are feeling lust
 Tropickyle2005
Msg: 80
Posted: 3/6/2006 10:48:10 AM
Possible!but you just only have to aware of it! hold your breath,take it easy and calm.Wait, when the guy feels the same.
 obx22
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/6/2006 10:48:20 AM

When a person loves another person, he/ she should be able to list reasons why he/ she loves the other person.

That statement shows remarkable insight.
 Gone Again
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:52:37 AM
Yes it's possible, it depends how much time and effort you invest in each other in that week.

I was chatting to somebody online, for a short while, within a week I knew I had strong feelings for them. But thought love in such a short time was not possible. Besides which I didn't want to fall in love with him (another story altogether)

But we met for coffee, and I realised I loved him, as he did me. That was November. Haven't seen him since. But still love him.
 Dovescry
Msg: 83
Posted: 3/6/2006 12:42:58 PM

No! It's lust.
 realthing2
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/6/2006 12:53:30 PM
I think it is possible to fall in extreme like/lust almost immediatly. I am going through the same thing. I met a person 2 weeks ago and I so so am in like. I have a 25 point list of everything I am looking for and he meets most all of them. I would not call it simply lust although I do look forward to experiencing him. I just so like to be with him.

My husband I met and immediatly knew as well. We lasted 10 years. Anything is possible or impossible if you believe it is.
 Gone Again
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/6/2006 1:15:04 PM
I can see valid points in nearly every post.

And I would have agreed that you can't fall in love in such a short time, until it happened to me.

Sometimes you just know. You can't explain it. The man I've fallen in love with isn't somebody I looked at and felt great lust for. He's not the build of person I would have normally been attracted too. He's shorter, he's fatter, he smokes. But when I was saying goodbye to him - I just knew.
 gazzoo_2003
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2006 1:24:41 PM

When a person loves another person, he/ she should be able to list reasons why he/ she loves the other person. [quote/]

I think too, that not only should you be able to list the reasons you love someone, but you should be able to lits the reasons that person loves you. If you can't and you don't know why they do, you have a problem.

PS. I met the man of my dreams and knew it almost instantly.
 gazzoo_2003
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2006 1:26:12 PM
I'm with you Scarlett. I didn't believe in instant love, or the " i know I'm supposed to be with you" jazz either. When I stopped looking completely, he showed up and here I am.....
G
 danielle_
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/7/2006 9:46:46 AM
I have a friend who met a man from this site, he told her he was falling for her personality before they even met in person but as soon as she said she was developing feelings for him, it scared him off. What's up with that?
 juanchito26
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/7/2006 9:52:34 AM

Just wondering is it really possible, to fall in love in 1 week?

This is the "eros" phase of love, certainly the hormones and the physical....
Now, i will not say there are not people who fall fast in love, marry and last a lifetime together, but they are few and most wont last.....
 hendrix8989
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/7/2006 9:55:44 AM
No!! You cannot fall inlove in two weeks. You are only feeling Lust or back in the days called "A Crush". It takes time to fall in love.
 phoenixinks
Msg: 91
Posted: 4/7/2006 3:53:24 PM
I guess im kinda like everyone else when it comes to the question "is it over the internet" but as far as if you have met this person. then i fermly belive in love at first sight. i know this will sound funny but i fell in love with my ex wife the min i saw her. 5 great years untill it was over. no regrets though
 CaribRicanFem
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/8/2006 1:38:55 PM
absolutely - however I would not marry for at least one year and a half....

This happened to me and my ex -..fell extremely quickly for each other...he ended up being an insecure, socially immature man...whose insecurities truly revealed themselves exactly 1 year from the day we met.

Insecurites brought out a side of him that was perplexing ....and dark, manipulative.

I dropped him and he got weird -

then he bought a beautiful expensive ring, and proposed..talk about doing things as*backwards..

.....can you say, restraining order? -
 CaribRicanFem
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/8/2006 1:42:54 PM
I wanted to add...that I don't believe it matters how you meet someone....in person, on the phone chat lines....or internet...

strange people and good people are everywhere...regardless of the tools you use to meet people.

If you are still having problems...then you can't blame the tool - internet, speed dating service...phone chat lines...

maybe the problem is really you - //////not directing this at anyone in particular,

just wanted to share,

L
 lonelymarriedgal
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/8/2006 2:00:58 PM
yes love does work in mysterious ways....but we all have to remember everyone is different. I dont think there is anything wrong with having strong feelings for someone in just a short time. I just say go with your gut! Your own instincts never lie!

If your care deeply for this man you have met....go for it...and enjoy it!!! We are only on this earth for a short time. People come and go in our lives....but when your gut tells you something is there.....listen to your own inner being! Love or lust...either way it is an amazing feeling inside and out.

Good luck and enjoy

Live, Love, and Laugh.......>>>>>what else do we have!!!!
 Duke lookin for my hazard
Msg: 95
Posted: 4/8/2006 2:13:48 PM
SO WHERE DID THE SAYING LOVE IS BLIND COME FROM?
 meetusoon
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2006 2:18:17 PM
Yes it is possible. My parents met at fair in Atlanta in 1949 .They knew each other for about 4 hrs. Got married ,stayed together for 46 yrs , until my dad passed away from agent orange.(vietman) God rest his soul. So yes it's possible.
 phoenixinks
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/8/2006 3:28:42 PM
meetusoon

Yes it is possible. My parents met at fair in Atlanta in 1949 .They knew each other for about 4 hrs. Got married ,stayed together for 46 yrs , until my dad passed away from agent orange.(vietman) God rest his soul. So yes it's possible

this my friend is a true success story. WTG for your parents
 johnglc
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/8/2006 5:27:07 PM
I don't believe in love at first sight...or week.
 lonelymarriedgal
Msg: 99
Posted: 4/8/2006 9:00:05 PM
Sad to read that someone could think being in love sucks!

I think it is the most wonderful feeling anyone shoule experience!
 sweetpca1
Msg: 100
Posted: 4/8/2006 9:17:23 PM
I met my husband through an internet dating site he lived in Hawaii and I in Ontario. We met and fell in love with each other, we had be conversing for several months before I actually physically met him. I came to Hawaii on vacation for 2 and half weeks and here I am back again and we are now married. There is such a thing as love at first meeting.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?