Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bullielover62
Msg: 151
Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Falling in love is such a ridiculous phrase..... So let's not use it, for the sake of argument and discussion....

BEING in love takes time to discover and grow in union. Seems far fetched that it could happen in a week's time, but some people are as shallow as a bird bath, so maybe.....

I've had a man say "I love you" after just one week, but I knew he was only saying it as a way of expressing his endearment towards me... not that he was IN LOVE with me.

Lust, fanciful thoughts, body tremors.... those are all a part of the exploration of another... but not to be mistaken for love.

To truly be IN LOVE with someone, I think takes a lot more than just the feelings you experience initially. There has to be something deeper and that only comes with layers being peeled back, knowing and accepting the other person into your heart.

Time.

I don't think a week is enough time to know how they like their eggs....
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?
Posted: 1/26/2008 6:53:39 PM
Yes it does happen. I have known others and it happened to me.
I felt it instantly the first time I looked at him. I saw it in his eyes looking straight back at me.
True Love when you see it is unmistakable.
When he simply touched my hand hours later for the first time I felt a literal jolt of electricity through my body.
It was like an awakening of my soul.
There is nothing like it in the world.
I tried so desperately to make it work.
I just could not adopt his beliefs and lifestyle choice to be in an open sexual relationship. I was 36 and he was 49 and had lived this way all his adult life.
I am a monogamous person by nature, I take my men one at a time, thank you very much! He was not monogamous in nature like a lot of men aren't, the difference is he owned it and lived it openly.
We lived totally different lifestyles however that does not preclude you from falling in love. I couldn't ask nor expect him to change for me. I loved and respected him too much for that.
He knew how I felt about monogamy and was very open and honest from the beginning and said he knew he could not be with just one woman.
OMG I respected him and loved him so much more for telling me up front and not just playing me and sleeping with other women behind my back like most men would have.
I tried so hard to just love him and understand and pretend he didn't see other women. I saw him off and on for a year. And then a couple of years later we saw each other again when I first moved down here to Florida. I had to see him one last time to have some closure so I called him and he came. I just couldn't do it. And we both knew it.
I loved him enough and he loved me enough to finally let it go.
That was harder to accomplish and more difficult to move past than either one of my divorces. But I have. And thankfully I am stronger for it.
I think a little part of me will always love him..... however I am wise enough to know it was not meant to be.
The Fairy Tale of true love that is meant to be will automatically be reality....... is not really reality at all now is it?

The good part, the most wonderful thing, the silver lining so to speak that came out of this whole thing is the inspiration it has given my writing.
I have written a short story about that first night we fell in love, and it is also the basis for a Novel I am writing.

TC
:~()
Deb
 whitetigeress
Msg: 153
Posted: 1/26/2008 7:28:24 PM
to the title question;

its the beginning of love that deepens with time
 juslin
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2008 8:00:50 PM
Yes, it is possible, and yes, i got my heart squished. He was funny, charming , talented, and very adorable, boyishly handsome. First time i met him he walked in with sneakers, sweats and a striped rubgy shirt, dark hair and eyes, just my type. Spent the evening with him and was hooked. He was everything i wanted in a man, and to make a long story short, he broke my heart, dumped me via email. Still think about him. and wish things were diffeerent. I could have really loved this man, and its his loss, becsue he'll never know how much.
 Guess
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/27/2008 11:56:49 AM
I think it is possible,I did it twice and they lasted for more than 20 years,so yes it is!
 paradisebluz
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/27/2008 12:57:11 PM
If you think it is possible, then it is. Translation: when we meet someone we're attracted to, we get infatuated by them. The feeling of falling in love is not from the other person but from within your own mind. You create your own feelings and how you want to project them onto another person. (rose-colored glasses). Although it's a great feeling, be sure you're being honest with yourself and fair to the other person. It's easy to put someone on a pedestal but not fair because we are all human and have faults. Sometimes after you see the faults, the feeling of "love" can fade because you have idealised this person as someone they really are not - "the perfect person". Make sense? Realistically, you're infatuated... love comes when you can see and know the person wholly which takes time.

Good luck and enjoy!

Erin
 mercedesgirl
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2008 1:06:22 PM
To wkdwch: I was reading the forums and read your response on this forum. Thank you so much for sharing!!! I have gone through the same heartbreak you did, and I wholeheartedly agree with you.
 climbsagain
Msg: 158
Posted: 1/27/2008 3:07:22 PM
Is it simply falling in love with the idea of being in love. that can happen in a New York minute. 30 minutes in Cleveland Ohio.
 maddie65
Msg: 159
Posted: 1/27/2008 8:00:46 PM
fell in love in the first hour and it lasted 3 years .we never were apart again from that night until we broke up mutually .........he passed away when he was 30 and he was my first love and always will be ..................
 time4_2
Msg: 160
Posted: 1/27/2008 9:28:56 PM
Yep, sometimes it takes more than 3 seconds!

Ms. Beavenhouse
Msg: 161
Posted: 1/27/2008 10:11:15 PM
I suppose anything is possible but in the first week, are both people really acting the same way they will be in 3 months.

I think it takes more then a week to really get to know someone. To me, once all their annoying habits aren't annoying me to anymore then I know it's more then like but it takes a few months for someone to really annoy you lol.

BTW if this is online love..then no.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 162
Posted: 1/28/2008 6:26:25 PM

I don't think a week is enough time to know how they like their eggs....

If it took only a week to fall in love there wouldn't be enough eggs to go around!

Basted would do fine...
 kisstheviolets80
Msg: 163
Posted: 1/28/2008 10:37:18 PM
I absolutely think it is possible. Likely? Probably a negative there.
 ~Smiles~
Msg: 164
Posted: 1/29/2008 12:55:15 AM
Nope.............................................

"messages this short cannot be posted"
*sigh*
 ex-navy
Msg: 165
Posted: 1/29/2008 1:18:33 AM
T he secret behind it is that both people have to be willing to make it work. That's all it is. There's no "It works without commitment and the occasional tunup" and there's no stupid highschool games involved. A real relationship is work and commitment, but the payout is something saught by many.
 carribgirl
Msg: 166
Posted: 1/29/2008 1:27:19 AM
that is a bit hard to say. I don't think we can put a time limit on love it could be love, only you and that person knows if it's love or not,some people will tell you it can't possible be love but only you know whats in your heart. I say our life on this earth is time limited, take a chance and see what happens, if it works out then you'll be glad you took that chance. if it does not work out then it's another lesson learned in the book of life and experience. I wish u well.
 funnydebbie
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 1:56:57 AM
Yes, it definitly can happen. 20 yrs ago I met my ex at work. I took one look at him and it was love at first sight. We were together for over 11 yrs and still love each other very much, but the relationship ended due to other problems. But, I am proof that it can happen. Don't let anyone tell you it can't and my ex felt the sameway. I wish I could find someone that I had such intense feelings for just looking into their eyes for the very first time, it's magical. Oh, after we met, he came in and asked me out about an hr. later!
 Miss Poppy
Msg: 168
Posted: 1/29/2008 2:51:54 AM
Yes - it happened to me when I was 17. I am 30 now and still have feelings for this person, even though we have been apart for 13 years. I saw him recently and all those feelings came back.
Normally, it is lust.
 dgei
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 3:26:58 AM
i think one can have feelings which were associated with love in the past, but when something really goes wrong early on,its fairly easy to walk away as opposed to being committed to fix it. so i would have to say 1 week,no. 1 month,yes. i also believe we can be smitten by someone as well,like ms poppy above. i too have experienced a similar situation.
 Larissan04
Msg: 170
Posted: 1/29/2008 1:23:08 PM
yes. it is possible, but i don't reccomend it. lol!

had it happen and it was love. never felt anything like it before nor since. we both just "knew."

lar
 HeavenBound8126
Msg: 171
Posted: 1/30/2008 11:00:46 AM
Love knows no time limits or boundries.. Or atleast REAL love doesn't.. You can't say that two people can't fall in love in a week (although it's not very common for it to happen)... I will say though that my great grandparents met and 2 weeks later were engaged and spent the next 76 years of their lives together and were only seperated by death in which one passed on and a year later the other one passed away.. And they were happy every second of life that they spent together.. So yeah.. true love can happen anytime, anywhere, and in any time frame.. It depends on the people involved!
 juanchito26
Msg: 172
Posted: 1/30/2008 12:16:26 PM

True Love when you see it is unmistakable

I wish I was this much of a dreamer.
When I felt that this statement was true, that is when I had to hit the reality floor the hardest.

I still believe that true love takes time. You can see a gorgeous person with a great body, smile and be instantly attracted. Is this true love?. Doubt it.

Now, it may happen for the gorgeous people, but I just doubt its authenticity and long-term potential.
 juste1969
Msg: 173
Posted: 1/30/2008 1:31:46 PM
I have only ever been in love twice in my life...it took longer than a week, AND A HELL OF A LOT LONGER TO GET OVER THEM!!! i could really like someone in a week but not feel love for them, but hey im not saying it doesnt happen!
 Larissan04
Msg: 174
Posted: 1/30/2008 2:43:34 PM
heavenbound~

that story about your grandparents sounds very much like mine. they are gone now, but they met when they were about 14. my grandmother fell out of a carriage, and my grandfather ran over to help pick her up. it was apparently love at first sight. they married when they were twenty, and they were married for 72 years. but things were different then...

people didn't date tons and tons of people and run around trying to see if someone fit thier laundry list of criteria...

but yes... love at first sight CAN happen. i think that as long as your heart is accessible, and your love pure, then you will recognize it. the problem is people get so jaded that they no longer are able to recognize true love or what is truly good for them anymore... sad...

lar
 malboat
Msg: 175
Posted: 9/17/2010 5:59:01 PM
Yes, it is possible. It just happened to me this week thanks to this site. If we don't believe why try to find our perfect match? The heart knows what it wants. And it will tell you when you find it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?