Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Frustrated with the whole dating after turning 30?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whitby stan
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Frustrated with the whole dating after turning 30?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
There is still some down to earth men around.As for being disrespected It seems to happen to me all the time.I dont let it get to me. You have to go through the B.S. to find that special person you can share your life with.
 simplysteven
Msg: 102
Frustrated with the whole dating after turning 30?
Posted: 9/14/2007 10:47:28 PM
The key here is finding the right one. Those sincere, caring guys are out there. It is tough to find one that hasn't been screwed over. When you do find one, or he finds you, be sure to take good care of each other. Reciprocating the communication (whether by phone calls, emails, or just by talking to each other) goes along way!!!! Keep in mind this only applies to the guy(s) who truely wants to be with you.
S
 Gr8Designs
Msg: 103
Posted: 9/16/2007 1:42:05 PM
I don't think it's frustrating unless you make frustrating for yourself. I'm new to the online dating experience and contacted a few women and never got responses. It hasn't got me frustrated mainly because I can imagine they receive several inquires daily and if they get to me and are interested - great. If not, I look forward to the next inquiry.

Being 38 and never married it's the first time in my life it seems harder to find someone special, let alone a date. I really think it comes down to I have the things that I won't settle for in a relationship going forward, which makes it harder to find this person. I learned a lot from my past relationships and basically want all the good from each one in my next relationship. In your 30's most people have experienced a lot over time and base their relationships on those experiences.

The key is not to get worked up over the dating thing and just have fun and someone will eventually enter your life..
 TTonyred
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2007 8:25:25 PM
Listen, I just turned 30 and I got to tell u that I agree most people are less attentive to others cares and feelings. It seems that noone is interested unless the other person is a "***hole" or "Whore". The intelligent, thinking people are no longer getting together and having children, and the world is being populated by the stupidest people the human race has to offer. Give the people that u are friends with and "not attracted to" a chance, and date outside your usual box.
 FadingCaptain
Msg: 105
Posted: 12/1/2007 10:27:33 AM
Well dating in my thirties is tough because I work so damn much. My off-time is too valuable to waste on bs. When I first became single at 29, I went on like 13 dates that didn't go very far. My fault really, I guess I was still hung up on the ex. Now I don't even try. Any woman that I find attractive and message mostly just gets read/deleted anyways.

Being single at thirty isn't too bad...but I can't help to think that I'd be happier with a SO.
 danzigger31
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/2/2007 8:10:40 AM
i have to say nvus that was brilliant! You really must have some experience with us 30+ women. lol best laugh i've had in ages!
As for dating 30+, i know exactly what your talking about, i put up with a lot of crap in my 20's in the name of love that there is no way i would put up with now! Women do alot of growing up in their 20's especially if they have kids and just know what they're looking for and don't want to or see why they should settle. my cousin says i'm not tolerant enough of guys but i just think i know what i like and don't like, i'm holding out for the real deal, after all what's the point in settling just so you have someone?
 eyernmann
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/2/2007 9:15:29 AM
Try it after 60! Most people near my age are so......old.
 jan_fobia
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/2/2007 10:03:04 AM
Blackbird its the same way here where I live, not much to choose from....Either they are married, too young , too old, or just ***holes...
 geezerbloke08
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/3/2007 6:54:28 AM
by the time youve been to 30 youll find most of the people on this site for instance have had some experience of either giving or recieving a bad experience of being hurt, one way shape or form.the worst thing is,youll get reactions from the new partner from past demons,no one starts with a clean slate,every situation reminds them of whats happened before,so thats half the reason your frustrated.
 blueydwmn71
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/3/2007 6:10:14 PM
I don't think you should have to use a guy. For me that's not my nature. After 30 dating is impossible and I guess it's worse being a single mom of a 10 year old. I always get the comments "you are a cool person, why don't you have a bf" I guess I am not gf material...but why?
 Elizabeth1234.
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/3/2007 6:43:19 PM
frustrating is right, meeting anyone worthwhile is almost impossible it seems...
 sexyfunguy
Msg: 112
Posted: 12/5/2007 9:44:27 AM
Sure it sucks - but lets face it - most of us made this choice due to putting more emphasis on our careers vs. settling down. Combine that with the fact that dating now is so uptight - aka - more like a job interview than fun, it really isn't hard to figure out why some people are just dropping out of the market all together.
 Spiraldive
Msg: 113
Posted: 12/6/2007 2:44:41 PM
There's nothing wrong with girls who are 30!
In my experience I would prefer meeting someone in the same ago group.

To put it bluntly - girls in their early 20's need to be taught that they are not little miss perfect.
 Johne102
Msg: 114
Posted: 12/15/2007 9:28:14 PM
I am frustrated that I can't find my Ms Right but I go out on more dates now then I did in my 20's. I am not sure what that means but yes I have days I get frustrated with dating.
 fast2live
Msg: 115
Posted: 12/17/2007 4:23:05 AM
LMAO I just got divorced, and havent had a real date yet but im looking forward to the experiance. I like meeting new people in general so i cant see myself getting frustrated. I think that comes more from the people looking for mr or mrs right.
 tomski32002
Msg: 116
Posted: 12/17/2007 4:31:59 PM
Nice people,

Well i keep getting deleted without an answer. This does not concern me i am not the best in the world and i know that one day someone is going to realise that i am not lying to anyone SINGLE AND WAITING. but i cant do this typing how do I know i am interpreted correctly in someone else mind? I cant so if you read my emails read them in a polite voice in your head take me for happy go lucky.

best wishes
 uthinkinboutit
Msg: 117
Posted: 12/18/2007 5:15:29 AM
hottie ill tell u what happened to those guys........they smartenned up....decided u werent worth seein u thru ur bad boy phase......(generalization).....women are not what they used to be....but u all seem to think u can fall back on that image......nope.
 nashile24
Msg: 118
Posted: 4/21/2008 7:34:52 AM
im 24 and i find dating just as frustrating as you folk in your 30's!!!!! all the guys my age just want to go out drinking with their friends all the time and pretend they are still 18!!!
 Pers14
Msg: 119
Posted: 4/22/2008 8:23:08 AM
I feel you on that newchick. I'm getting more comfortable with myself, etc... and am enjoying the charms of being single. :) I just have to 'keep the faith' that someone great is looking for someone great like me...

I find however that in my region, people keep a wall up around themselves. This makes it hard to meet new people :( but I'll keep chipping away.

Cheers!
 randomstoic
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2008 4:46:43 PM
It makes a phenomenal difference if you understand yourself and what you want in life. So I am much happier to be dating at this age.
 mainmanmids
Msg: 121
Posted: 4/24/2008 1:53:03 PM
Well I am 34, still feel in my 20s at times unless I am at work and I feel in my 40s lol

Guess, I still believe there is someone for everyone out there I hope I find my somebody, and thought why not give this place a chance. So hopefully who knows perhaps that person might be on here.

I feel comfortable with myself and what i want thats for sure, so if its a lady on here, hope I will make you happy.
 articlover
Msg: 122
Posted: 4/28/2008 7:37:52 AM
Hi Nash,

I second your opinion of guys who just want to drink and love acting 18 it a social problem every where you go.

Im glad that I am not like that, I must move closer?

I would like to your your views on other social issues

Laurence34@gmail.com

xx
 HealthyRelationship
Msg: 123
Posted: 11/19/2011 7:45:46 AM
I so concur with this comment. However having a name like hottie may not bring you any more resepect. It starts from within.. self worth and self respect and that will attract those who will treat you the same way. TRUST ME I'm working on that one still myself.
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 124
Posted: 11/19/2011 11:21:52 AM
I'll have to agree with Ovada. . as someone once told me, "How others treat you is a reflection of how you feel about yourself." For example, if you have poor self esteem, and don't think very highly of yourself, others can pick up on that, and will treat you accordingly. I think that's part of the reason I'm not really having much luck in the dating realm. . .the thing is, how does one work on that?
 travelalone
Msg: 125
Posted: 11/20/2011 10:43:24 AM

if you have poor self esteem, and don't think very highly of yourself, others can pick up on that, and will treat you accordingly. I think that's part of the reason I'm not really having much luck in the dating realm. . .the thing is, how does one work on that?

Belief begets Confidence.

One way that I know of to work on what you believe about yourself is by changing your internal dialogue. Affirmations, afformations, listening to music with uplifting messages or vibes that you enjoy, surrounding yourself with positive people that reinforce the good in you, talking to a professional and eliminating from your life anything that does not coincide with your vision of your best self could help.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Frustrated with the whole dating after turning 30?