Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Guys: What are the best kinds of outfits for a woman to wear on a fi      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cartographer
Msg: 26
Guys: What are the best kinds of outfits for a woman to wear on a first date?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Avoid high heels, they look uncomfortable, and just be yourself as you would be casual.
 mechman
Msg: 27
Guys: What are the best kinds of outfits for a woman to wear on a first date?
Posted: 5/20/2006 1:10:40 PM
in my opinion a woman will wear clothes to reflect how they are feeling at that time.
I prefer a woman in a dress or skirt,and a nice top. for the simple reason leave the pants at home unless your over 50.
If your a lady dress like one and if your a slut im sure you will let your true colors shine.
And dont spill the bottle of purfume on you,i find that annoying.
these are my opinions and dont necessarily reflect the opinions of others,lol
 underboss69
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/20/2006 2:09:37 PM
i prefer something that can come off quickly just in case the mood hits us
 4aces64
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/20/2006 2:35:02 PM

I have read the threads about what NOT to wear on dates. Now, I would like to turn the tables and ask the guys: What styles are best to wear on first dates, and for dates in general?

Thank you!!

DW

well i think it is a good question. but like many have said already, it can depend on the situation and the person.

if you are just going to meet someone for coffee or lunch, i would recommend wearing something casual but nice looking! just wear some pants and a nice top and probably make sure your make-up and hair look as nice as possible. remember you are trying to make a good impression!

if you decide to meet for a dinner date, wear something more dressy. if it is a nice restaurant and you enjoy it, wear heels, stockings and a nice dress (it can be classy and not slutty you know!...LOL).

on the other hand, maybe wearing a dress or skirt and top is not your particular style for a night out. so just wear dressier pants instead. you know what to do!

i mean most of this is just common sense. and i am sure you can get some ideas of what your potential date would like by just chatting with him about it before the date too. if it is someone you have spent some time getting to know i am sure they will just give you their opinions.

do whatever makes you both happy and just have a good time!

oh and Designingwoman, good luck with the new pics!
 who_the_fox
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/20/2006 10:13:39 PM

leave the pants at home unless your over 50.

Um...because women at 50 have bad legs? lol
 LOVEKISS211
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2006 12:39:53 PM
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH U WANT FRIES WID DAT? AS A WOMEN DOIN THE 1ST DATE THING AGAIN.....I WILL DRESS ACCORDING TO THE OCCASION OR PLACE. BUT OTHER THAN THAT I AM DRESSIN IN MY JEANS BOOTS/SHOES AND A COMFY TANK(NOT TO LOW CUT) OR A T
 KrissiNJ72
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2006 1:23:35 PM
I wear whatever it is I decide to put on....i hope he would do the same..I could care less how a man dresses so long as it's in good taste and he's clean....geesh..picky picky picky.......for me a man in a nice pair of jeans, sweater and sneakers is good enough
 sayonara7
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/21/2006 2:10:23 PM
I'm not sure if I'm answering your question, but I agree with what you implied.Yes, the way you dress does not reflect your personality.Applies greatly to me.
 BadBrain
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:36:04 PM
So long as its not a wedding dress I'm good...
 ourez
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:41:35 PM
Hazmat suit with face shield and respirator.

And a thong.
 designingwoman
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2006 9:00:09 PM
How about camo, a bandolier, an AK 47, grenades and a bazooka????!!!!!
 casey jones
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/21/2006 9:34:17 PM

Hazmat suit with face shield and respirator.

And a thong.

ourez, she'll be ready for anything in that outfit.

Laughed when I saw this one.
 tishisdishy
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/29/2006 2:01:44 PM
My style changes with the wind....I can wear a short skirt and blouse with combat boots...but that may scare him offf....

or I could wear a skirt blouse and heals......

its for a movie then dinner......any suggestions.........

oh yea its a first date and he is an 'artist' type......i'm perplexed!!
 sparticuss
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/29/2006 5:06:12 PM
Lets see now.

Three themes.! Wear what you are comfortable wearing, wear whats appropriate to the type of date, and wear clothing that reflects your attitude to him.

So if you just want to chat then something conservative. But if you want to get him into your pants then something brief and lose so he can get at them easily.
 tishisdishy
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/30/2006 10:50:59 AM
Actually the date called prior to the 'date' and ask what he was planning on wearing was appropriate...so then i asked him if i should go funky or feminin.......problem solved....

oh by the way...this is not a b$tchfest...so if you don't have something positive to type keep yer yapper closed..........shheeeshhhh......
 UrCowboyDreams
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/30/2006 11:11:41 AM
What to wear on a first date...hmmm...I've said this before on another post: attraction starts the ball rolling. Men are very VISUAL. Peak my curiousity in you as a person and spark my attraction in you as a woman and I will be in hot pursuit. So you don't have to dress "slutty", although sluts need love to, lol, but just dress sexy. Packaging is everything in marketing and it is the same here. It gets our attention and gets us to thinking...and wanting!
 tishisdishy
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/30/2006 1:35:29 PM
oi real deal...or real-full-of-yourself.....you state you are respectful to self and others....from what you type in here.......i don't see any respect, much less any compassion.......sheeeeeeesh....
 adventurer79
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2012 4:09:53 AM
sexy lingere, possibly satin, redor black, nice dress or skirt and top, not too short
 windchymes
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2012 5:19:06 AM
"(BTW, unless you are a size 4 or less, spandex is right out at any time, just like a muscle shirt is out for a guy, unless he has them to show off.)"

So you size 6 and 8 porkers better just stick to a caftan.

Since the first date is just a quick drink to be sized up, I see nothing wrong with nice jeans and a dressy top & jewelry. Just like you'd wear when you're out hitting the clubs, which is where you'll be in about 20 minutes anyway.
 0ldhag
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/24/2012 5:46:09 AM

What are the best kinds of outfits for a woman to wear on a first date?

Do these jeans make me look fat??

Sorry, back on subject...

BTW, unless you are a size 4 or less, spandex is right out at any time, just like a muscle shirt is out for a guy, unless he has them to show off

Damn, I need to re-think my pictures...
 redsox322
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2012 7:10:53 AM
No ****ing way would I wear a dress or skirt on a first date in which there prob wont be a 2nd. Not every guy deserves me to dress up for him so f that tbh. Ill wear jeans and a cute top thats fine with me
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/24/2012 11:06:18 AM
A birthday suit always wins me over.

ontario_woman
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2012 11:08:55 AM

A birthday suit always wins me over.

I was wondering when someone was going to suggest that!
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2012 2:46:05 PM
i used to ask women to 'wear really good shoes.' they would always ask what 'really good' meant, and i would leave it up to them. one time i got bright silver high-tops.
 ekw1234
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2012 6:51:10 PM
Wear whatever you want, whatever you feel beautiful in, who cares what the men want. You come first!!!

I think its funny how opinionated guys are when it comes to women's clothing, whereas they themselves often dress really poorly to dates. I like jeans and a dressy top for a first date, if he impresses me I might put on a dress for the next one. As far as the comfortable shoes, still I think its the woman's prerogative. Also depends on your activity.
I alsolike the respirator... that way you're safe from airbourne pathogens...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Guys: What are the best kinds of outfits for a woman to wear on a first date?