Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Question for the ladies      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Keljo
Msg: 26
Question for the ladiesPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I live in an araea where there is little or no public transportation. A guy without a license or car would be a huge no go for me. I hate to drive as it is, and to have to do all of it would not make me happy.
 DogRescuer91
Msg: 27
Question for the ladies
Posted: 3/28/2006 3:17:04 PM
Any woman who would only go out with you if you have a license and own a car, is obviously looking for Mr. Money bags

Wanting a guy who has a license and transportation does not make one "obviously looking for Mr. Money bags." For me, I simply prefer a guy who has independence and a life apart from his partner, and where I live, that usually includes having a license and transportation.

That said, for me personally, I find it a turnoff when guys feel the need to post pics of their BMW or Corvette on their profile. I prefer a man whose confidence is not tied to his wheels.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 28
Question for the ladies
Posted: 3/28/2006 4:08:05 PM
Would date a man who had never had a license, but not one who had lost his due to DUI.
 yourdelights
Msg: 29
Question for the ladies
Posted: 3/28/2006 6:30:39 PM
a guy who has independence and a life apart from his partner

I have my independence & can have a life apart from a partner I don't need a license or a car for that.
 Larissa
Msg: 30
Question for the ladies
Posted: 3/29/2006 11:40:51 AM
Wouldn't bother me at all (unless I started to feel like a taxi!), have dated a guy without car once and made no difference at all.
 show me the love
Msg: 31
Question for the ladies
Posted: 3/29/2006 12:11:38 PM
No way would I, and it has nothing to do with me being materialistic.
I dont care if you drive a crappy car, but are we going to take the bus everywhere?
I have a car and a license and its just something that i expect..lol
It is a huge turn off for me, sorry..just being honest.
 Fry Lock
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Question for the ladies
Posted: 3/29/2006 12:45:33 PM
Nope; never; have taken care of more than my share, thank you; if it's due to DUI, or OWLS, whatever, it means you ain't responsible enough to keep your s*** together; huge turnoff...
 FinlandiaFilly
Msg: 33
Question for the ladies
Posted: 3/29/2006 2:50:06 PM
Agreed. It's more about a person's ability to be a responsible adult than anything else. I live in an area where a car is, for the most part, essential.
 jackie7639
Msg: 34
Question for the ladies
Posted: 3/29/2006 3:36:44 PM
Not me. I have kids if I want to run someone around. My life is busy and it's nice if someone can come c u or at least meet u somewhere. Also, no license and no car usually means trouble.
 designingwoman
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Question for the ladies
Posted: 3/29/2006 5:25:10 PM
No license definitely spells trouble in most cases.

But no car in the middle of Manhattan isn't necessarily trouble. I am willing to date someone in the city who does not have a car because it's common sense to not keep a car in the city. That person can always rent a car if he needs to use one away from the city. Whoopee doo. I'm not going to break off with a guy from the city just because he doesn't drive a car.

Now the circumstances change if the guy is outside the city. Having a car is necessary in the suburbs, especially further one gets from the city.
 bushcrafter
Msg: 36
Question for the ladies
Posted: 4/19/2006 3:48:29 PM
This sounds a very narrow-minded, view, dating decisions based upon whether the guy has a car!!!!. They pollute the environment. Cars are the single biggest pollution risk to the environment. I would rather walk, cycle or use Public transport. I am doing it for my children, and their children. I do have a driving license and I choose not to use it. why is this wrong??
 chinua
Msg: 37
Question for the ladies
Posted: 4/19/2006 4:22:02 PM
^^if that works for your area..........thats fine for you. I live in an area where there is no public transport. If someone doesn't have a car here....that usually means he doesn't have a job. I don't think you read all of the posts. How do you date someone..........if you can't meet..in person??......doesn't work that way.
 ripley65
Msg: 38
Question for the ladies
Posted: 4/19/2006 6:56:33 PM
Welp,,sorry to say (well im not actually lol) but i am neither looking for a sugar daddy nor am i materialistic but i will not date a man without a car or a license. *shrugs*
 Drake2827EE
Msg: 39
Question for the ladies
Posted: 4/19/2006 7:17:11 PM
I cannot imagine ever dating a guy without a license. A car is another thing depending on where I lived and he lived. If you're in the city not having a car isn't that bad of a thing. But no licence, so not manly or cool. Dating a chick in the burbs would be impossible without a car. Imagine him borrowing his parent's car or something.
 oceanpearl202
Msg: 40
Question for the ladies
Posted: 4/19/2006 7:17:40 PM
A car and a licence is important to me only because it shows responsibility. I use it as a screen.

I have my own car and I can certainly pay for my own gas before you all start calling me materialistic..lol

OP
 mzalleycat
Msg: 41
Question for the ladies
Posted: 4/20/2006 1:09:59 PM
Dated only 2 men without cars/licenses

1. lost due to a DUI and was a recovering alcoholic and member of AA - good for him, proud of him, but I don't need that crap in my life (was one of many reasons it didn't work)

2. no car because he was totally financially irresponsible. Like made several grand a month and blew it all on nothingness - again, don't need that crap in my life

Owning a car (unless you live in Manhattan, or have other moral/ethical inclinations lol), as others have said, is just one sign of a responsible person. Not owning a car (over the age of 30), sends up red flags for me.

There's lots of fish in the sea, i'd rather hold out for one who drives.
 Tess_4_U
Msg: 42
Question for the ladies
Posted: 4/20/2006 9:59:13 PM
would u consider a female without a car ..... or license ??? that is just it material things dont matter in the search for love .....
 Euro_Canadian
Msg: 43
Question for the ladies
Posted: 4/20/2006 10:40:15 PM
LoL!!!!! so lets see...hummmm your dating a guy who has a car.. gets in accident and by some reason is medically not able to ever operate a motor vehicle again...Do you dump him???? I guess so! since he no longer has a licence....real love there!jezzzz the people on these boards make me LOL!!!... and yes I have a car and licence!
 chinua
Msg: 44
Question for the ladies
Posted: 4/20/2006 11:04:04 PM
^^ at least this hypothetical guy had one in the first place!!!!........... .like some of us keep saying..........if you don't have a car....and there is no public transit........how are you going to meet???????-- by telepathy?????...you make me LOL even louder!!!!
 fatboy461
Msg: 45
Question for the ladies
Posted: 4/25/2006 1:58:05 PM
RUTHLESS75....
thank you!!!
I have no car nor license.
Like you said, who need either one to have fun?!
You go, Gurl!
 cat125
Msg: 46
Question for the ladies
Posted: 4/25/2006 7:06:17 PM
I would have to agree. If someone is over 30 and has no car or no license. I would say that is a sure sign of instability.
 swEtRoXRocker
Msg: 47
Question for the ladies
Posted: 4/25/2006 7:38:02 PM
There could be many reasons why a guy wouldn't have a license, I wouldn't automatically assume that he were unstable.

As a passenger, I was involved in 2 drunk driving accidents;in both cases the driver was intoxicated and railroaded the vehicle(s) I was in. I was cut from both cars, one was upside down.

After the second accident if I was in a car it was in the back seat. Even on dates; which was hard to explain. I lived in the city where mass transpo was available so not driving wasn't an issue until I moved to a more rural state where I finally pursued and got my license.

Now...I like cars and I love to drive fast; so if he doesn't have a license or a car... he would have to get in, sit down, shut up and hold on!

carpaccio
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Question for the ladies
Posted: 4/25/2006 7:58:22 PM
Lots of people who live in urban centres don't have cars - they use public transportation. Not a big deal.
 slick6
Msg: 49
Question for the ladies
Posted: 4/25/2006 9:47:22 PM
Cars are just money pits. The money goes in, and never really comes out. The main reason I even have a car is that the mass transit system where I live is insufficient for my needs. I only drive my car about once or twice a week. It's paid for, which makes it all a little less painful.

evrybdy
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Question for the ladies
Posted: 4/26/2006 3:01:58 AM
I don't have a car or license at the age of 33, and it sux, but there are reasons that people don't realize that is the reason I don't. I want one, and money is hard to come by cause I take care of a lot of family members, and since my parents divorce, I had to give over most of my money to that. Not everything is "let me judge before I know the person" I have had many dates and most guys who get to know me and find out my situation realize it's not about being responsible. Oftentimes, they say to me, I am too responsible, and put all others needs before my own. So, I find it sad that you all judge like this, I have also dated those without a car or license, and you know what? the bus is not that bad. I get from point a to point b a lot cheaper than most of you.

M
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Question for the ladies