Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > how many here are after 45 and without children      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 River3366
Msg: 26
view profile
History
how many here are after 45 and without childrenPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
At 54 I have no regrets of not having children. I only wanted them if I had enough money, I loved my freedom, I did not want the responsiblilty. I seemed to always have enough trouble taking care of me. My friends all had children more than enough if I wanted to play auntie for a bit. The number one reason the agony of being pregnant and the pain to deliver no thanks not to mention the weight gain. I am quite content with my cat and dog.
 TedJMill
Msg: 27
view profile
History
how many here are after 45 and without children
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:48:13 AM
I'm 47, and my younger brother and sister both have children, but I don't look at them and want children of my own. It seems like too much of a commitment, too much responsibility, too much to have to deal with for me. I do like doing the uncle stuff, but I want to be able to say "That's enough, go back to your parents now.".
 islandgal3
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2006 9:15:31 AM
Me .... no children and no regrets. I have nephews and nieces (all grown now) that I could spoil and then give them back - lol. In the Way-Back Machine, there was a time when I would have considered having children had I met Mr. Right ... I think. When I was 29 I decided that if I didn't meet Mr. Right before I was 30, I would not want to even think about having kids.
 comfy-cozy
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2006 9:18:54 AM
It would have been nice to have had a child, but wasn't to be. I am lucky I am close to my sister, therefore close to my nieces. I have been there right from half an hour after they were born right up to today. They have spent weekends with me. I have the best of it, I have them from Friday to Sunday when they go home, lol. My brother-in-law keeps telling me that I can keep them for a longer time, that I don't have to rush them home lol.
 classy canuck
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/7/2006 12:48:10 PM
I would have loved to have children and unfortunately as much as I tried I never had any. I am very thankful for my 10 nieces and 9 nephews along with my 7 great nieces and 4 great nephews. In June 2005 I was blessed with a beautiful great great niece. They have been a blessing to me.
 Le Roi
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/8/2006 2:24:01 AM

I'm 46, divorced twice. No children. My 1st wife lied when she told me that her daughter was mine. It wasn't until her daughter was 3 that I found out the truth. Her daughter is 14 now. That was abuse of the worst kind!
 lizwhip
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/8/2006 10:47:25 AM
I have four children - had my first at the age of nineteen. So it's hard for me to even imagine a life without them. They're good kids, too, and I love them to death. That being said, in my NEXT lifetime: NO KIDS. The thought of that kind of freedom is very appealling to me.
 RubysRhetoric
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/8/2006 2:40:15 PM
I am 45 and never had children. I can't say I regret 'not' having children, but there are plenty of children in this world that need love, and that is good enough for me!
 Texas Tina
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/8/2006 5:07:11 PM
I'm approaching my 47th birthday ,never been married and have no children.
It was not a conscience decison just how my life has turned out. I don't have any recrets. Thats an emotion that would be a total waste of energy. I'm very lucky to have parents who didn't pressure me to "conform" settle down and have a family nor did I feel this thing everyone refers to as the internal clock.
All I can say is just live your life and regoncize opportunities that come your way and not to be afraid. Be the best you can be.
 juju b
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/8/2006 5:13:41 PM
I am 46. I have no children of my own. I raised other people's children. I would have a child now if someone wanted to. But if not, last time I looked there is no shortage of children. I wish to be prepared in case, so I like practicing. I am ready for grandchildren now. I think if you are 45 and older and have your first child, it is fair to call it a grandchild.
 Isobaric
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/10/2006 10:55:28 PM

I teach, and I consider my students my kids. The great thing is.. at the end of the day, I get to send them home.

That is sort of how I feel. It is possible to enjoy having children by psychologically adopting them in a sense. The problem for me is that I am not growing old gracefully and I find it very difficult to look at people forty years old as being young enough to be my children now.

There was only one kid I never really liked - a ten year old boy who one day looked up at me and said, "Why is it that every question I ask you has to become a lecture?" I always overcompensated with kids because my own father never properly answered my questions... okay, I didn't really dislike the little genius.

I made a conscious decision at 25 to not have children until I was in a stable relationship with a partner and could provide them a proper, nurturing, environment in which to grow. Since Ms. Right never managed to show up in my life, they never happened.

As for regrets, I am ambivalent. It might have been very bad, but then I am living the classic life of "God only knows what I'd be without you."

So now I have only one child. He is green and grows his own clothes.
 Pandy
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2006 4:28:31 PM
Let me remind you to stay on topic, folks. Abortion is not the subject of this particular thread....if you wish to discuss abortion, you can pull up a thread already in progress in the current events forum.

Pandy/moderator
 fitbird
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/12/2006 3:05:24 AM
Never the right time or the right fella and not enough maternal longings to make it happen. When I see friends playing happy families with children and grandchildren I do sometimes feel a little regretful. I think bringing up a well adjusted and happy child is one of the most important things you can do. But it doesn't really bother me. I think I took the right course for ME.
 DaFlash
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/12/2006 1:22:47 PM
I am a guy 45 and never fathered any children. I come from a big family and have neices and nephews to last me the rest of my life! lol If I want to spend time with kids.. there is always a family member glad to "ship them over"! lol I do however, have a hairy 4-legged son that is prob more demanding than any kid!
 hmburner
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/12/2006 1:33:33 PM
I am 49 with no kids,no regrets. Before i got married when i was 19,i did a little research as to the cost of children. As part of a prenup i told her that 1 kid = 1 new Harley Davidson. To this day the score is.......no wife,no kids used harley

just thought id share
Bill
 auntie-up
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2006 6:55:16 PM
Hmbruner ... at 19 you felt the need to sign a prenupt?
What could you possibly have of such value at that age?
Hmmm... but, in the end, you got what you wanted ... your Harley ...

Life if full of little "oops, should have rethought that one"....
 blazinsun59
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/13/2006 5:07:57 PM
I am way over 45.... My kids are in there 30's.... Shoot!
 hmburner
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/13/2006 5:37:33 PM
At 19, I kew her family was interested in breeding stock .....me. Thats why i opted for the harley. She later married a man with six kids and no job.......her family is happy now
Bill
 ashley1861
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2006 6:47:53 PM
My bf is 45 and has never had children. But I have adopted his kitties and am their GrandMeow. He is pleasantly entertained by my granddaughter. He works in a school...
We and the kitties are one big happy family with more on the way.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2006 12:02:44 AM
Well hmburner, you picked the harley... and I picked the horses... but i like harleys too!!
 RubysRhetoric
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/14/2006 3:16:43 PM
Still 45 and no kids
 azblueskies57
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:09:47 AM
48 and never had any.
 dceeeee
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/15/2006 1:32:38 PM
Twobits said...
I am just past 45...no kids. I am pretty darn sure I am not going to get pregnant:-)

Then kymber said...
I don't know twobits. Anything is possible these days.

Kymber, you REALLY think there is a possibility that some day Twobits could get pregnant? I hope I live long enough to see that!!!

O/T: I thought I was alone in having a hard time finding the guy I would want to have kids with.....I see I had plenty of company!! I wanted a large family, and didn't have a child until I was 35....almost ready to give up. Miracles DO happen....(she was planned, though...not a miracle, as in 'accident')

~DC~
 Hockeyr
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/15/2006 7:51:44 PM
I am 45, always wanted kids and still do. I always laugh when every one of my "married with kids" friends tells me I am nuts, while at the same time tell me that it is the best thing that ever happened to them!

I was surprised to read a few talk about the time and money involved in having kids. If that is your concern, and you aren't willing to live within your means, or you are worried about your own personal time, you can't want them bad enough. If I have kids in the next few years, I know it will mean that I cannot retire as early as I was planning, a compromise I am willing to make.

Anyway, one of my hockey buds is 52 and just had his second kid, so I guess there is still hope for me.. :)

Cheers
 auntie-up
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2006 7:57:53 PM
You are rare Hockeyr ... don't meet many men whose "biological clocks are ticking" ...
I hope you find that special someone to make your wishes come true.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > how many here are after 45 and without children