Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > how many here are after 45 and without children      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hockeyr
Msg: 51
how many here are after 45 and without childrenPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Thanks! It is soooooo much easier for men than women in their 40s. Finding someone younger is tough, and then you have to worry about having things in common, but it can be done. :)
 sillyspoke
Msg: 52
how many here are after 45 and without children
Posted: 3/18/2006 7:46:03 AM
for me is more a question of being selfish or not and what is to be selfish.

it is selfish to have babies in my own just cos i want babies? would the baby forgive me?

or it is selfish to enjoy life alone without worries, travelling, etc?

what is to be selfish?
 DodgeTruckCountry
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/21/2006 4:28:33 PM
At the young age of 50, soon to be 51, I have never been married, and have no children.

Being on my own for most of my life, with 3 other siblings, two of them still married, and one widowed, which two of them have one child of their own. And I have one parent left. Therefore I don't really miss not having kids of my own.

However, I DO, at a lot of times, miss that WONDERFUL companionship, of not having a loving and caring lady, and if I may say, a WONDERFUL WIFE that I can call my own.
To share those special tender moments with her.

I miss not being able to put my arms around her, and hold her lovingly close, and look her straight in her eyes to not only tell her HOW MUCH I LOVE her, but also let her feel the LOVE that I have for her.

Isn't that what companionship is all about between a man and woman?

Isn't that why god made both a man and a woman, so they could share each others LOVE, and care for each other as human beings and companions.

WHY, did he make Adam and Eve, if it was not for a man and a woman to be together with each other, so they could share each other LOVE together.

Which makes me wonder, WHY, are we apart.

WHY, are we living seperate lives from each other?

A man and a woman, don't necessarily need to have kids, to LOVE each other, because, they have each other.

Having kids are nice, but they are ONLY really extensions of ourselves, when you think about it, are they not.

So, back on topic, no, I do not regret not having any children, as nice as it would be.

Sincerely
And
Best Wishes
From
Neill
 yahooey
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/28/2006 8:41:12 AM
Amen and hallelujah there brother.....I am in the same exact position as you....I'm 45 and childless and would love to be a daddy, more than anything in this world. Was married to a woman who didn't like kids, so adoption was even out of the question, now I'm single and really would love to meet a single mom who wanted a man to be a daddy to her kids and a good husband to her, problem is, they don't seem to exist around mid GA.......lol.....oh well, I'll keep trying.
 montyjam
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/28/2006 9:14:01 AM

I was surprised to read a few talk about the time and money involved in having kids. If that is your concern, and you aren't willing to live within your means, or you are worried about your own personal time, you can't want them bad enough.

Hockey ~ I respectfully disagree with the above statement. I think that ALL factors need to be taken into consideration when deciding whether or not to have children. I've always felt that if you are not 100% certain you want children, don't do it. You are, after all, messing with someone else's life.

I am in my 48th year and have no children. I never met their father! I've been in relationships with men who already have children and remember one in particular, where I probably stayed longer than I did because of his children. I am an honourary aunt to my girlfriend's three kids (one is my godson and one is named after me).

I'm actually great with kids (so is my Dad) and when people see me interact with them, they always say "I didn't know you were so good with kids. You should have had some!" but I was never sure so I didn't do it. Now I am considering getting serious with a widower with a 7 year old daughter ...
 Fifi47
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/28/2006 2:58:59 PM
It seems as if all the men my age want women who have children. Seems as if they will not give us childless women a chance.
 azblueskies57
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/28/2006 3:03:27 PM
I doubt all men do. I think I went through a nesting period, around 28-30 when I did want to have a child. It never happened for me and never will. That passed and now I wouldn't have them. I would be an old daddy. I remember kids whose parents were old and couldn't play ball and all that. So, no, not at 48. I am now too old.
 Fifi47
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/28/2006 3:49:45 PM
My brother is 50 and has a 3 year old daughter. He married at 45, adopted her children who are now 10 and 13, and then Elisabeth came along. Not for me but he seems to take in all in stride.
 ragdoll_bc
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/28/2006 9:40:48 PM
I knew at 18 that I didn't want children. I am just not mommy material. At 50, I still stand by that decisions. When I was young and I thought about kids, I never saw a man in the picture and knew I'd have to do it all by myself and knew I wouldn't be able to handle it.

I have 17 nieces and nephews who love their rich Aunt When I go to visit them I'm totally focussed on them. There are no kids of my own needing my attention. They love having that attention from an adult.

Regards,
S
 vicwhit
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2006 9:48:56 PM
I am 52, and was married for 28 years with no kids, by her choice. I have regreded not having any as I do love kids, but I will get by. Went thru 3 more relationships where I found out later they was fixed not to have kids. Now for the last 3 years I have stopped looking and have become pacified with knowing I never will. To all those women who missed me of haveing kids, well sorry I was not there! (lol). Just be happy with what you have or in this case what you dont have. Love ya anyway ladies.
 azblueskies57
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/29/2006 1:12:38 PM
Not only do I not, but I am so hoping SHE doesn't either! There are many men here with no kids, but a woman is rare.
 margoe
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/29/2006 1:33:29 PM
OP, I have 4 kids . Three of my sisters have no kids- 2 older than me They can be 'bad' , they can be good, nobody judges them like I would be judged. They can leave their job, leave town , disappear, , reappear whenever the hell they feel like it - nobody judges them like I would be judged were I to do the same thing. They can date whoever the hell they like, do whatever wherever howerver. You know the rest.
 azblueskies57
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/29/2006 1:43:34 PM
YOU had four kids, wanna take them back so you can run around again?
 LFF001
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2006 11:05:04 AM
I never "realized" I didn't have a baby because I planned to not have one all along.

No babies here and absolutely no regrets.
 BarrysNic3
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/11/2006 12:26:30 AM
I am a DWM 47 with no kids of my own. Im my case my ex failed to tell me her tubes had been tied after her second child. She was kind enough to give me that Information for our first annv. What a gal huh? I still stayed with her 10 yrs. Then she was a welfair worker and f#$king her clients. She had 2 kids I raised for 10 yrs. but never see them now, there choice. Sure I wished I had kids but all the ladies my age have done that and dont want to do it all over. I have had no luck at finding a younger lady but maybe some day who knows? I have gotten used to the idea of never having a child of my own. It just suxxxxx hehehe Hey by the way any volunteers out there???

Barry
 Felinefriend1
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/11/2006 3:03:26 PM
Never had any children and no regrets - doesn't mean I don't like them, but preferred to experience the wonder of children through my friends.
 lkn4u2006
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/11/2006 3:14:49 PM
I am 45, never married, with no kids. I would like to get married in the future but I have no desire to have kids of my own. I firmly believe kids are for the young, although my brother would disagree as he has a 2 and 4 year old and is 44. Graduation parties should occur long before retirement parties in my view.
 river_loon
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/12/2006 9:57:14 AM
There are many men here with no kids, but a woman is rare.

lol ....many? I haven't met a man here without kids so I would say a man without kids is just as rare. It takes both (man/woman) to have kids.
 moraima
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2006 5:18:55 PM
I live in a child free zone - and I am loving it.

It amazes me how many older men with small children freak out when I tell them that I am not interested in dating them because I am not interested in a lifestyle that includes small children. I think possibly the reason they freak out is because they get turned down so often. A lot of women even if they have had children don't want to start the young children high maintenance lifestyle over again.
 Ladymay
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2006 6:51:53 PM
Hi silly,
I am almost 55 and never married or had kids. I personally fine that I did regret not having kids. Now I see that when I date, the men usually have grandchildren, and I get to enjoy them as much as if they were my blood. Christmas was beautiful with his family and we were engaged. Unfurtonately, he passed away this past January. God had a plan for me and I guess it was, not the one I had for myself. So I just enjoy other's children and thank God for what he has given me.
Linda
 ItsMeDoggie
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/12/2006 7:18:44 PM
i have no kids but plenty of nieces and nephews........at a certain age one has to think what is fair to the child.........i can not see doing the tings tha are nessary for the development of a chile when i am in my 60s.......i think it would be unfair to them. that's my 2 cents.
 Vintage63
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/12/2006 10:09:42 PM
I'm not yet 45 but I don’t have kids and don't plan to. I guess what bothers me most about this whole exchange is the acceptance of the societal expectation that one is supposed to 'want' or 'need' to have children of one's own.

Tell me….just how much time does the majority of young parents spend pondering their decision to procreate versus those of us who choose not to??…and yet we are the ones who are often judged as been selfish, child haters, uncaring, etc

Those who actively chose to be parents are doing the right thing - no doubt about it...but so are those who chose not to be parents– it is the people that do not make a 'conscious choice' but rather let life ‘happen’ that should be the real point of discussion.

Just my 2 cents worth.
 beave1098
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/12/2006 10:58:58 PM
I am 48 years young and I have no children. At this pont of my life, when I think of having a child of my own, I immediately visualize me at 67 years of age, and fighting with a teenager over my car keys! Don't do it now!
 sillyspoke
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/13/2006 12:12:22 PM
Well today I had a v long day, I am being training in a lot of new things and my head was going to explote.

When I thought all was over I took the bus with a workmate and guess what?

Our walkman did not work and a kid around 2 years of age did not stop shouting, crying and giving us a v v v v v v v big headache. A big traffic jam and one hour and half of trip with this the kid.

Then my workmate told me:" do not worry bout ur biological clock".

This are the kind of things that turn me off bout having babies.
 moraima
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2006 12:54:58 PM
Yes, darn it and you can't even crate train them.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > how many here are after 45 and without children