Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Seeing your ex with someone new      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NeoRaijin
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Seeing your ex with someone newPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
It tore me apart cause my ex turned gay.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Seeing your ex with someone new
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:48:38 AM
I've never seen it, I set the bar too high.

I try to be happy for people, however much of a b*i*t*c*h they mighte be.
 Bandito
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/6/2006 10:35:19 AM
Great thread carol27 If there isa a duplicate I haven't seen it.

My ex left me for the new partner. For the benfit of the children I am put in a number of situations where he is around. I try and grin and bare it but in truth I find the whole experience humiliating.

Why? because i am left feeling like the looser with a capital "L". I choose to have custody and care of the children, choose them over entering into relationships so I am left being alone...no partner...no sex....no companionship

I think I wouldn't feel this way if there was someone in my life to balance off those feelings...but there isn't and there won't be for a while. I know I am not the "Looser" in reality but it sure erks at me to be reminded of ease in which me and the kids were abandoned. Truth is I have nothing against the guy...I just don't want to be in the same physical location with them when they are together....yet alone having to styomach being with my ex alone.

Bandito
 smile with your eyes
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/6/2006 10:52:29 AM
I'd love to see him with someone new...he would then be done bothering me
 Felanie
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:06:34 AM
OMgoodness - I am sooooo thrilled knowing that my ex is with someone else....
*tap dancing*....

Has anyone heard that song - The BRIDE?

Sorry for cut and paste...
but this is the best!

The day is finally here
Theres flowers everywhere
The guests are waiting with sweet anticipation
As I look down the aisle the preacher starts to smile
Church bells are ringing and the organ is playing
Im so overcome that I could cry
Im so happy
Im not the bride

Shes such a pretty thing
She don't know anything
Ain't gonna tell her that shes outta her mind
The preacher asks the question
No, I have no objection
I do, I do, I want him outta my life
Throw the rice and let those white dove fly
O happy day
Im not the bride

Eat some more cake
Throw the bouquet
Pass some champagne
Its time to celebrate
Im gonna dance this night away
O woah ya ya

The groom is getting loud
His new wife starts to shout
O this is perfect
It can only get better
There fighting in the car
Off to a real good start
His mama's cryin, arent they lovely together
Their driving away
We wave them good-bye
Close call
Free at last
Amen
Hallelujah
By the grace of God go wild
Im not the bride
Im not the bride
Im free, Im free, Im free
Im not the bride

Thank God
Mm bye bye now
Good luck girl
Your gonna need it
Ha ha ha
Ta ta
 nosoup4u
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:08:50 AM
If i hadnt let go of her yet I can imagine it being difficult. Therefore I would avoid being in contact with someone I still feel attached too.
 Carol27
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:10:05 AM
When I seen the girlfriend yesterday...I recall my only thought was...."You better be nice to my kids ****...or you will have me to deal with."

Other than that, I don't have anything against her.

So far so good. As long as she treats my children good...I don't have a problem with her.
 MsAnnThrope
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:10:18 AM
LMFAO @ Felanie's post. SO TRUE! When my ex got remarried, I felt much the same. "HOPE YOU ENJOY CARING FOR CHILDREN!!" Hee hee.
 Tropickyle2005
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:23:05 AM
If I already moved on...then, for sure! I am happy for him.But, if there still love i felt for him? then, my heart is breaking when i see him with somebody's arm.But, not going to freaked out!
 redmarlo
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:34:31 AM
I don't know how I'd feel. I guess it would depend on who it was. I know he's been with other women, haven't seen them together yet. Wonder what he'll think when I'm with someone new? In a mean way, I hope he realizes what he missed out on. I do want him to be happy just not yet... I guess what I mean is that I hope I don't see him with someone else until I am with someone else.
 molonel
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:46:45 AM
My ex-girlfriend got back together with her previous ex-fiance. I had to swallow a little bit. But after the moment passed, I realized that I was glad that she was going to be happy, and be taken care of.
 Summer Teeth
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:49:55 AM
There are too many politically correct answers here. Sure, there's a part of you that wants the ex to be happy, but there's usually a part of you--some evil genius general--who wants to say, "Nuke her!" and then push the red button.

Nuke! Nuke! Nuke!
 lone56wolf
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/6/2006 12:01:56 PM
Teeth.... That's what that knot in my gut's all about. "Hope you walk into a mall display while you're staring at me" methinks back to her as I keep right on walking.

Steve
 kyjelly79
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/6/2006 1:07:45 PM
It tore me apart cause my ex turned gay.

damn what did u do to her???????

if i see my ex with someone new i'd get upset for sure.... but then i have to realize that things didnt work out for us and i'm happy that she is moving on
 Robby 2
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/6/2006 1:45:50 PM
My ex lead me to believe that there was still a chance for us once she figured out who she was, and what she wanted out of life.

She had chosen to partake in a drug with a friend and then drove that car across town. I got pissed and pulled the ring. I let her mother know what was going on. A week later i put the ring back on her finger and told her she could do whatever she wanted as long as she was safe, and with me. Two weeks later she gave me the ring back.

I was still emotionally attached to her, thinking that this poor girl was so confused and lost.

The campground that we stay at in the summer, and met at, has a gathering. She walked in with him, and my phone started to ring.

I had left her with a car, thinking the reason she knew she had it was because she was still cared about it and loved. I was worried about her, and how she would make it to school, and make it to work.

I called her mother at 9 at night and said i wanted the car back immediately. I called her and she said the reason we didn't work out was because she wanted to have "fun". Which was bullsh*t, we had fun without any requirements from any substance.

It hurt that she said that. It really did. But i got the car back, and she still doesn't think she did anything wrong. Her excuse being "I told you you could have the car back anytime you wanted". But she knew that was not the reason she had it. I guess for the whole weekend they were looking for who called me, which proves to me that she knew she was doing something wrong because she got "told on"

I warned her that if she ever started dating again i would probably flip, i had assumed that she was confused and wanted to find herself, and she was scared, here she was out doing drugs and with another guy, while in my car.

What really sucks is i remember her in such a positive light, how she was when she was with me, that i can't hate her, and i still wonder how she is doing, and what is going to happen to her.

I have been where she is at. Thinking that the friends that were giving me drugs and alcohol were true friends. A few of them were, but i never wanted to be anything more than what they were.

I hope one day she sees the light, sees what she lost, not so much materiallistically but love wise, she will have trouble finding anyone that loves her as much as i did.
 hottscorpio25
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/6/2006 1:52:15 PM
I think i have only seen one of my exes with someone new. Considering that he meant a lot to me it did hurt but it didn't bother me too much. This is mainly because i knew that i had a special place in his heart and no one else could replace that. If it had been an ex that i was glad to be away from i doubr that it would have effected me the same way. If anything i would wish him the best
 Patti-O-Lantern
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/6/2006 1:57:54 PM
I actually find it hillarious. and the stop watch is set..lol
 Cante_Skuya
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2006 3:06:37 PM
Honestly, it really tore me up. After all this was the man that I thought I would spend the rest of my life with. I had no idea what to do.................do I run up to her and tell her to run as far away as she could as fast as she could, or run up to her and give her the biggest hug for taking this loser off my hands......

smitten2meetu
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/6/2006 7:34:56 PM
When i came across my ex, a couple of years ago, I was so over this guy, because he was such a needy man. I dated him for a couple of months when I told him to leave with the garbage and a couple of months later I ran into them at a coffee place. I actually walked up to him, as he was nervous to see me, introduce myself to his new woman. He didn't know what to say, went to the washroom, his new woman inquired to why we didn't work, and said, conflicting personalities, he needed to have a woman, I needed space...lol
 SUN-2
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/12/2006 2:14:03 PM
Wish them well and move on. the best advise I can ever give someone. It's your turn next
you will meet what fate is put in your path. never look in nthe rear view mirror all you do is getting stuck in replay mode. the're Ex's for a reason mark them with a big X and move on
don't be fooled by those who hav ethis illusion about keeping an Ex as friends ....Denial is a venim to your soul.
 kr8ztwin
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2006 2:18:29 PM
god I'd hope the guy the last girl I dated had a huge trust fund and likes to be a pet monkey . Once the real girl came out....relationship ended. Lasted a whole month. I'd feel bad for the poor b@stard.
 twilight-twin
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/12/2006 2:18:35 PM
Oh man! I would give ANYTHING if my ex would just date. I'd be soooo happy for him if he found a tiny bit of love and contentment in his life. Nothing would make me happier than if he would let himself go enough to form an assemblance of relationship with someone that matters. Whew! That would be beautiful!
 gemnest
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/15/2006 7:31:06 AM
Seeing my ex with a date . Wow that brought back memorys. was I mad hell no . I laughed till I couldn't laugh no more . They came by my place to let me know that they were on a date and asked if I had a news paper. So he could cut out a coupon so you could buy one dinner and get the other free, Talking about a real spender. i did give my ex some advice drop the billionare before he broke her
 angora
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/15/2006 7:47:33 AM
Wow so many comments I agree with on here.

I would love for my ex to find someone new. It would mean he's moved on but, mostly it would mean he would be out of POF and would think twice about having his cousin contact me via email and pretending it's a coincidence. Don't you hate people that think your stupid? Yup, don't know why we split up.

He also wouldn't be reading what I post in the forums. An ex is an ex for a reason for me it is not painful to see him move on. All you can do is hope they find someone that suits their needs.

Ang~
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2006 7:51:07 AM
No problem at all. If I am at the point where they are an ex - anything, they are no longer of any interest or concern to me. I don't wish them anything but the best, and certainly no misfortune.

When I am no longer with a person, it's normally for a very good reason. At that point, they return to being like anyone else I walk past on the street.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Seeing your ex with someone new