Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Almost 28 and NEVER had a boyfriend. Am I a freak???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Frankiethepunk
Msg: 51
Almost 28 and NEVER had a boyfriend. Am I a freak???Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Well thats easy to solve. Get on a plane and come to Toronto well start right away
 sugarsnow
Msg: 52
Almost 28 and NEVER had a boyfriend. Am I a freak???
Posted: 3/7/2006 11:14:17 PM

Well thats easy to solve. Get on a plane and come to Toronto well start right away

Exactly. Females irrespective of their appearance are hit on constantly. If female doesnt have a boyfriend, it is because she does not want one.
 Le Roi
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/8/2006 12:12:52 AM

Don't feel so bad. I'm 46, divorced twice and no children (my 1st wife lied when she told me her daughter was mine).
 bestwomanever
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/8/2006 12:37:32 AM
I sincerely hope sugarsnow was joking with the "the only reason a girl doesn't have a boyfriend is because she doesn't want one" line.

Umm, if that were the case, how exactly would it be possible for these dating sites to even function and/or exist?
Hmm... I know, it's a thinker...
 sugarsnow
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/8/2006 1:19:54 AM
They function because married women are bored and mentally ill women need something to entertain themselves and men are so desperate that will put up with impossible odds. 37 people have seen fit to have you as a favourite. regardless, just show up at a bar and 99 percent of the guys will sleep with you .
 Le Roi
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/8/2006 1:25:11 AM

Exactly. Females irrespective of their appearance are hit on constantly. If female doesnt have a boyfriend, it is because she does not want one.

So what's your theory if male doesn't have a girlfriend?
 toonsmith
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2006 1:32:51 AM
You will be fine. You live in one of the greatest cities in America.

SAN DIEGO!

Lots and lots to do there. You are very lucky. Go mingle! :)

Toon
 sugarsnow
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/8/2006 2:00:52 AM
So what's your theory if male doesn't have a girlfriend?

A guy can be quite normal and not be able to find a girlfriend. I realize this sound self-serving but it is a statistical fact that in western countries there are huge surpluses of single males under 40. This arises because of the harem effect. Many married men have girl friends. Many women choose to lead very whorish lifestlyes being strung along by jocks.
The most powerful factor is the hag factor: women become undateable at least 10 years earlier than men. All these factors work to reduce the supply of dateable single females. There are 10 guys for every female on these dating sites, for example. Another good indication is that almost all disabled females have boyfriends while almost all disabled males do not have girlfriends. Its the 10 yr difference in the biological clocks that causes the biggest discrepancy in supply. Women have the luxury of being choosy about the men they have sex with which help keep the gene pool clean. Almost all women have sex and have children who survive so there is nothing to keep the female side of the gene pool clean explaining all the bbw's etc..
 bestwomanever
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/8/2006 2:23:49 AM
Well, if you're just purely talking about "getting laid," then your theory would apply in that respect. Any woman, no matter what she looks like, can go to a bar and pick up a guy for the night, but she can't necessarily show up and just pick out a boyfriend (unless she's Angelina Jolie or someone rediculously hot like that). So, if a woman is willing to totally and completely settle for ANY guy that comes her way, then, you are right, but most women don't want to just find ANY random guy, she wants someone who fits her. Another thing, it is a fact that there are more women on this planet than men, and a lot more gay men than women, so this dwindles the number of available men even further (sort of like the ratio at my former college, I mentioned in an early post). Yet another thing, I hear A LOT more women complaining about not being able to find a man than I do men. And you mention married women being on sites whoring around, well there are many married men on dating sites as well. I just don't think you are friends or aquainted with any women, otherwise, you would know the real story.
 mometal77
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/8/2006 3:40:21 AM
Le Roi,

That is terrible. I dont understand why some women trap men like that. I have heard a lot of women doing that to men. I know a guy that is paying for a boy and the kid looks nothing like him. I was hearing on the radio where a couple wanted kids later on in the marriage. Well the guy gave sperm to this clinic for later on. Well later on the couple got divorced she went back to this clinic forged her ex husbands name. They inseminated her and now he has a child. She got a court order forcing him to pay for this kid in a check every month. And he wasnt even there. LoL..

Free bird Its not anything bad to wait. Heck, friends married young and have kids and want out lol. I didnt start dating till I was 24. So far havent meet anything good. From the net or in real life. Been out of an almost three year relationship for five months. I have talked with a few and meet a few and saw right through the games and bs with these women. Yes, there are women players. Meet one from on here a while back that was dating three guys at once lol. I dont know how some women or men can keep up with more than one lol. Must be the money and the pampering. Before meeting a person. Ask questions a lot of questions off the wall even. I find asking certain questions if it makes them mad .. usually something is wrong. One thing I have to say is. From not just on this site but the net in general. I get on a subject like talking about kids then expectations and later the convo goes to stds usually pisses someone off. They open up and say they have herpes or hpv ect. Or they used to have it but it was cured. As I drop on the floor laughing. God I hate games and how people think others are so stupid. Dont ask how I get this information out of them. Its scary really how many are even on here. I have talked to a few. This is information for you. You probably already know. Since being new to this whole dating thing. I know people make mistakes or have been screwed over by other people. Some just some use this to get back at other people and dont care who they hurt in the process. I have known people to do this. And it pissed me off. I just wont date anyone that says they have something and I say thanks for being honest. Or they wont get tested. Even If they say they have never had sex. I am sounding like a big brother lol. Just my 2c. Tired have a good day.
 kmhstx
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/8/2006 4:07:53 AM
sugar snow.....lets see there is a big huge difference between getting laid and finding a boy friend. The OP stated clearly enough thats she has had plenty of oppertunity to get laid, but is having a problem finding a quality man who wants to stick around and have an actual committed relationship with her. Yes is relatively easy for most women to get sex if thats what they want, hey I'm not societies verson of beautiful, and I'm pretty sure that if I wanted to go trolling for sex right now I wouldn't have that much of a problem. But its hard to find a descent man with a job, intelligence, clean, and kind that actually wants to be in a relationship now a days.
 tyrone biggins
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/8/2006 6:42:08 AM
ya, gotta be too picky, or maybe just deep down dosn't want anything serious, and dosn't know it yet.
 jazzthief
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/8/2006 7:16:42 AM
Freebird, at least you havent' wasted a lot of time dating morons and there are a lot of them out there (and on this site).

I'd sex it up a bit, take about 3 inches off your hair, blow dry it straight, get a cool angled cut, love the reddish lipstick in the first photo.

Don't worry about "getting out much." Bars are for drinking. I met a guy online whom I've been dating for 3 years and that was after nearly 2 years of NOTHING.

So it's hit and miss with these online sites... give it a shot, who knows...??
 bingo525i
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/8/2006 8:11:29 AM
I think your prblem is the following,
you are nice and everything , however , u r surrownded with wussies that are afraid to approach you,
dont punish urself , the problem is not in u
sooner or later u will meet the MAN that u deserve

Bingo
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/8/2006 8:15:20 AM
Freebird,

I think some of the negative commentary by guys is because you are an attractive woman who seems to have a good head on her shoulders -- which makes it odd -- so just look at it as a positive thing. :)

A lot of single women in their later 20's to early 30s (the demographic that I am surrounded by, and where biological clocks are ticking), will talk about how they can't find a decent guy to save their lives. A lot of us guys will roll our eyes at that, because the same girl will usually say on a different night, "God, these guys just keep coming up to me at the bar, they're annoying". Which is true -- but every time there is ANY awkardness in a guy coming up to such a girl with that mentality, she will see the guy as a weirdo, since there are clowns out there who will ruin the concept of guys going up to girls.

So, in essence, just as "I can't seem to find a decent guy" can be a self-fullfilling prophecy, so can "Guys who come up to me at the bar or hit on me in general are weird", becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Combine both -- and bam -- you have singleville. :)

It's not that you aren't ready to date -- I think it's the mindset you may have of getting acquainted with guys. Maybe too many bad or weird experiences in your history prevents you from taking full advantage of being truly available. (And I'm speaking to all ladies out there who've been single for too long).

Just go out there and meet guys -- and don't be alarmed that you'll sense that most single guys would like to sleep with you shortly after they first get to know you. I know, makes guys seem bad -- BUT it doesn't mean that's all they're looking for, that they're unromantic, or that they're not willing to take it on a serious basis.
 Sversion1
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/8/2006 8:45:27 AM
Hmm, interesting, not having an ACTUAL boyfriend in 28yrs.

As a person that would date you, my only concern would be the way u interect within the relationship, due to your experience, or lack there of. For example, a simple situation in a relationship which required a certain level of understandling/communication. You may take it out of context or not react at all, due to lack of experience.

Anywho, good luck.
 kmhstx
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/8/2006 11:01:58 AM
^^ This is another frustrating thing, its like when you first enter the job market, you can't get a job with out experience, and you cant get experience without a job. lol and its kind of hard to volunteer to get experience in the relationship world. Lol the question to yourself if you are interested in someone in my or freebirds position is ...is he/she worth it to try and be open to this relationship, and realize that it won't be perfect, and it may be a lil bit of a learning curve, but is it worth it? Yes I think it is.
 Sigi
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/8/2006 1:03:26 PM
"Umm, if that were the case, how exactly would it be possible for these dating sites to even function and/or exist?
Hmm... I know, it's a thinker..."

Freebird78.....Read your replies with interest...and you actually do THINK ...maybe the men you met so far could not handle that gift or were not used to it...?

Just one of these days a free bird will enjoy her great catch/match!

Just Go Girl!
 18havefun
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2006 12:03:28 AM
Sitting around feeling sorry for yourself is not going to work.

There are a whole bunch of single men your age who wouldn't turn you down-if you give them the chance to approach you.

You need to go somewhere where there are of lots of people, and where you get a chance to have a chat with some of them.

So you have left college. You could go take extra classes- this way you could meet people and see them on a regular basis.
If you don't want any more schooling you could join a gym, join a club, go to a convention or just about anything that interests you becuase 99% of the time there are plenty of single guys to choose from.

The key to approaching men is never make it look like your nervous.
If you like a guy, go and talk to him or sit next to him, don't wait for other people to either as the situation can get even more awquard.

Also, every single time you go out, smile at everyone. Don't over do it. Smiling always gets peoples attention.
Don't get to know someone for too long or else they will always look at you as just friend. You need to get in there and prove to them that your interested if you want something to happen.
If there is someone you already know thats single, and would consider dating them if they asked, touch them whenever you greet them. This can be be done by placing your hand on their shoulder.

Lastly, always make eye contact, but never stare.

I wish you the best of luck.
 BIODIE$ELMAN
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/3/2006 1:34:48 AM
If your not ugly and your not heavy, then it has to be talk, bet you talk to much. Interesting conversation is a must, and if you say alot of nothing, I'd run like hell too!!
 Akaelium
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/3/2006 2:07:40 AM
Hey Freebird 78 I am almost 28 I can really relate to evey fibre & word that came from your mouth. I am also single. Most people I've dated are actually just looking for something casual. I have never had a real girlfriend, I am straight but most girls like me as a best friend archtype of man. I think it's the way society is structured somtimes I wonder am I from the wrong planet. Lol!! Anyway Yeah I am a 27 year old man from Australia looking for a girlfriend it doesn't have to be perfect but comfortable & enough to fill your empty days with a hug or hello or something more humanly than a 1 night stand, or a casual summer romance.
I have actually resorted to dating as an excuse because I have given up trying to find the one perfect girl out there. I am not a freak, not weird, just a guy looking for a girlfriend just like you Freebird 78. I was wondering if you read this......you are not alone, there are other's out there, look at me, I am still looking but sometimes faith is not enough, sometimes love is not enough to keep your other half interested but chance, fate. I think life is weird half the time we are trying to work out, maybe if we let go & had fun we might just, might meet the right soulmate out there if we stopped thinking, trying & looking, dwelling & dreaming. All things are possible. I believe you will meet the right person Freebird, you are truly beautiful, if any dead beat out there can't appreciate you for the kind spirit that you are then they must be not worth it. I am sure one day the right man will come into your sphere of influence. Things happen just wish it & things will unfold as life has plans for. Take it easy, believe in yourself beautiful lady & maybe I might hear from you sometime.
Cya Later. Kael Atlanta

PS This is not a pick up line just 1 friend understanding another. Wink, wink!!
 TallVirgo
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/3/2006 5:05:40 AM
Freebird - don't know if your still even reading these posts. Personally, I had my first beau at the ripe old age of 24! Yep, first EVERYTHING - know what I mean? And it's amazing how many so called friends view you as some sort of 'freak'. Ah, you're just too picky, you're cold, you're --- take your pick.

Whatever!

Just take your time and don't jump in to anything you don't want to do. If it's taking time to meet that certain someone - so be it. There is nothing wrong with you because of this.

I think perhaps starting a hobby or joining some sort of club would be good for you. Volunteer groups are nice for meeting others, etc.,

Take care of yourself.
 lisasunderland
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2011 6:42:19 PM
Hun, Dont feel Bad im the same Im 28 and ive never had a boyfriend either or been on dates, I grew up shy and iguess the shyness stayed with me. I get guys online saying nice things but i feel They want somethiing from me So I dont read to much into it.
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/3/2011 7:21:34 PM
... I'll be 28 in about a month and I have never had a boyfriend ...The closest I've had was this guy I dated off and on for a couple of years (there was a distance factor during part of it), but he said he "didn't like labels," so we never called ourselves "boyfreind/girlfriend." ... am I the oldest person in the world in this situation...? Am I doing something wrong? ..... When I have dated guys, they always end things and say "I think you're attractive, really fun to hang out with, but the extra something else is missing, the "wow" factor." Occassionally I've gotten a "but can we still have sex?" So I don't understand why that seems to be a pattern. I mean, if they're attracted to me and like hanging out with me, what could be the problem? So a). Am I the oldest one in this situation? and does that mean I'll forever be a spinster/old maid? and b). Why do I get that same old story I mentioned above when I have dated?

Hun, Dont feel Bad im the same Im 28 and ive never had a boyfriend either or been on dates, I grew up shy and iguess the shyness stayed with me. I get guys online saying nice things but i feel They want somethiing from me So I dont read to much into it.

You are not a 'freak' you are a late bloomer. Your time will come. As far as guys not feeling you are 'the one,' some have obviously found you attractive to propose NSA sex, so you are not unattractive. So..... you should relax, be yourself, expand your social activities and social circle...it's just a matter of meeting the right guy.
 -metal4life-
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/3/2011 7:37:15 PM
Haven't seen your profile, so I can't say how hot you are, but if you ARE, and everything you say is true....there's only one explanation. That guys assume you're already dating the football star or something. And even that is farfetched considering how many ***holes there are out there who would jump all over a chance to get some other guy's girl...there isn't a hot girl alive who hasn't been approached by half the male population of her city.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Almost 28 and NEVER had a boyfriend. Am I a freak???