Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would you kiss someone in a wheelchair      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Catwm
Msg: 26
Would you kiss someone in a wheelchairPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Just make sure to use the right bait.....
 sportstergirl
Msg: 27
Would you kiss someone in a wheelchair
Posted: 3/22/2006 8:26:52 AM
Have you seen the film Murderball, they played it on A & E, I think you can order the DVD now

http://www.aetv.com/indiefilms/murderball/indiefilms_mb_about_mb.jsp
 PersonalityPlus1
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/22/2006 8:30:55 AM
Im not into guys so NO i wouldnt kiss a guy in a chair or not woudlnt kiss a guy PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Catwm
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/22/2006 8:47:34 AM
So now Josh, do you feel better?
 Catwm
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/3/2006 3:51:56 PM
Hello Josh, how's it going now?
 josh12s
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/6/2006 1:39:28 PM
ok I guess. I am afraid to talk to girls here in utah
 Catwm
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/6/2006 2:50:49 PM
May I ask why you are afraid to talk to the girls in Utah?
 Brunette Okie
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/6/2006 7:51:48 PM
the wheelchair doesn't make the guy, I've had family in wheelchairs all my life so i don't even consider things like that. guess maybe its all in what you become accustomed to
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2006 8:53:50 PM
What kind of wheelchair?

If it has a good sound system and some neon chase lights, maybe.
 cpshuffle
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/6/2006 9:22:39 PM
Hey Josh,

I am not in a chair, but speaking as a fellow disabled person....The best way to get a date is to believe in yourself, and let your charm shine through........

I have definitely experienced rejection from women. But to be honest so have most of my able bodied friends.....

Every person has their tastes and limits in terms of the types of people they can date....

But I have truly come across many a person who has no problem or hang ups in dating a disabled person.

Speaking from experience, when I was able to realize that my disability was a big part of who I am, but far from the only thing that defines me as a person, my confidence grew.

I have found that confidence is contagious and attractive....It really is a magnet

Of course confidence is hard to hold on to....but I think that it is always within our grasp.

So, yes, I am positive that many women would kiss a guy in a wheel chair.....possibly go beyond the kiss....?????

Catwm
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/7/2006 7:12:09 AM
Again, I would be attracted to a guy with a disability, that should not matter to the right woman.

As to why you are afraid to talk to girls, that is a normal process that both men and women go through because of the differences in us. That is what makes it so fun.

Why not become involved in some singles activities at a local church or something or see what the community has to offer?

Get beyond the fact that you have a physical limitation, believe it or not, everyone does in some respects. ( physical or emotional ).

Enjoy life and someone special will show.
 Mike456
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/11/2006 10:06:19 PM
If it were Catwm, I would!
 Angelheart3
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/15/2006 2:22:40 AM
Josh, that's like asking if one would kiss a man who is walking. Your chair serves as your legs. Who you are isn't defined by your chair, rather by your substance of character.

Swagger.
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/1/2007 6:15:19 AM

Why is anyone even answering this thread? It's like asking "would you kiss a guy with blonde hair" or "would you kiss a guy who drives a truck?"

It's all about the PERSON, not the situation.

Asking if someone would DATE a guy in a wheelchair is a more relevant question, and there are already many threads about it.

This is not the same thing as asking would you kiss a guy who drove a truck, or had blond hair. Being confined to a wheel chair is a serious issue. The only way id kiss a girl in a wheel chair is if she was my wife and got in an accident..but other then that I could never have any kind of relationship with someone in a wheel chair..I have nothing against them, its just that theres alot we wouldnt have in common. I like going out and travelling, skating, and other activities someone in a whell chair couldn't experience.
 Robin4wheels
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/12/2007 7:09:17 AM
If I could get MY wheel chair close enough to HIS, yep, we'd kiss!!!

(Of course I'm just kidding with that. Two people in wheel chairs can kiss).
 Robin4wheels
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/12/2007 7:11:37 AM
Oh, and Jet? I travel a lot! What's that got to do with being in a chair?
 SXECHF
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/12/2007 7:15:23 AM
Totally!
What does being in a wheel chair have to do with who that person is.
Actually on my hen night i was in a club and this guy was in a wheel chair and he was on his stag night...he was yummy!
We were flirting like mad but because of the circumstances...obviously nothing could happen...but if we were both single then i would have probably been sat on his lap at the end of the night!
 wyldkats
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2007 12:47:39 PM
If a woman only see the wheelchair then she is not seing the grate person whos in it and I seen a lot of hot guys who arei n wheelchairs before and some who are very sweet and funny too SO sure also u never know hell the guy in the wheelchair migfht be the best sex ever ...Kat
 wyldkats
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2007 12:50:00 PM
Ps the wheelchair is only a small part of u and if anygirl does not like that part then it her lost becuase there a BIGGER part of u inside of u your self
 Jackiecan2
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2007 1:02:38 PM
Oh dang another wheelchair discussion...LOL! Are your lips disabled? See all the positive replies....its got nothing to do with the chair...believe me I know!!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody kiss the man!!!!!!!!! "SHEESH" Roll your ass out there
 princess001
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/12/2007 5:05:56 PM
Yes, My ex husband was in a wheelchair....Its not the chair its the person...
 andrea61
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/12/2007 5:12:18 PM
Of course I would and I have
 jeremy66
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Would you kiss someone in an electric chair
Posted: 4/12/2007 7:17:48 PM
No...
 RiverLynard
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 12:15:33 PM
Yeah, a kiss is cool.... but how about hitting a home run???? LOL
Personally (ahem, speaking as a guy in a wheelchair for 38 years) I have a theory on why people are put off by disabled persons. It's the "Limping Wildebeast" effect. See, we're all imbued with a genetic predisposition for survival. Imagine you are a wildebeastie in lion country and the wildebeastie beside you is lame. Frisky mom lion is drawn to the lame prey. So, the smart wildebeast is gonna stay away from the lame guy since sooner or later ms lion is gonna be flashing claws and teeth!
Likewise, being around a person in a wheelchair sets off all those genetic alarm bells wired to your survival instinct.
Am I nuts? Maybe. But I am happy and that is what matters.
Back to the kiss question.... There is no simple answer to that way complicated question. There are soooo many issues. Is the disabled person "cool"? Attractive? Articulate? Can they handle rejection? If you would kiss them, would you seek a more permanent relationship? Are you both half blitzed on margaritas at the Green Flash in Mission Beach? (YES!)
There are just tons of "right now" questions and "down the road" questions. In the end it all boils down to the individual. Hell, would the disabled person want to kiss YOU back????
 EyeDye
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/1/2007 12:24:26 PM

I am wondering if any ladies would kiss a guy in a wheelchair?

If you cannot see past your wheelchair then how will you expect anyone else to? This is a question that dosen't even need to be asked in the first place. You are more than your impairment. It's YOU that matters, and anyone with half a brain in thier head will see that. Anyone that can't....why bother waisting your time.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would you kiss someone in a wheelchair