Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What do you girls think about guys with guns?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 georgie34
Msg: 626
What do you girls think about guys with guns?Page 26 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
^^^^
.......................Why?
 CJ8Rock
Msg: 627
What do you girls think about guys with guns?
Posted: 3/25/2010 7:48:39 PM

I'd rather not have armed citizens, then I'd be less likely to be blown away by a truly bad person with a gun bought or stolen from one of those armed citizens or the dealers who supply them. There are truly bad people here too: I prefer knowing that they're extremely unlikely to have a gun and that if they do have such a mercifully rare item then I'm not likely to be their preferred target.

If you think that the lack of "selling" dealers would mean criminals would not have guns - you are truly pathetically moronically stupid.
Please report back to the real earth, not your friggin' pipe dream world.
 zipdy
Msg: 628
Posted: 3/28/2010 6:22:15 AM
true.^^^

criiminals are not deterred by the law.

they will procure guns in every environment.

Chicago banned guns (morons) and violent crime went up in that city.
 mr.evil
Msg: 629
Posted: 3/29/2010 5:30:25 PM
Well we seem to have a few guys who represent the best in militia and the NRA in the news.

David Brian Stone Jr. and some others were arrested today, as part of the Hutaree christian Militia. They apparently were planning the killing of police officers. Seems all their guns were legal as well. I'm sure they were responsible gun owners.

Yes, yes, the beat goes on. Now weren't we talking about militia and legal guns a while ago? How many of you ladies would have dated these gems?

I know, I know, guns good, people who hate guns bad!
 lillacbbwny
Msg: 630
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2010 5:48:45 PM
I have seen those personal ads with men holding guns and I think it is a sign of mental illness, that and hunting which I would think go hand and hand. I have also seen those ads with men holding fish. I have to wonder what they are thinking. Do they think women are really looking for fish? Then there are the ads with men holding up fingers, I see those and move on. They really look like fools and are trying to be something they are not and from what I am told that started out in jails , that and the pants being held up by a belt that is below their ass. I mean do women find that appealing?? I know I sure don't.
Laurel
 Paderic
Msg: 631
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2010 6:46:48 PM
Well we seem to have a few guys who represent the best in militia and the NRA in the news.

David Brian Stone Jr. and some others were arrested today, as part of the Hutaree christian Militia. They apparently were planning the killing of police officers. Seems all their guns were legal as well. I'm sure they were responsible gun owners.

Funny, my reaction to that story was that we need to outlaw Christianity. {/sarcasm}
 HardwoodFloorBoard
Msg: 632
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2010 1:20:12 PM
Hey Mr. Evil,

You think all those Hutaree guys were single and living in Mom's basement? I'd be willing to bet that a significant percentage of them are married.

The real nut-jobs, of all political stripes, always seem to be able to find significant others to share their obsessions.

And by the way, there are animal rights advocates and environmentalists who have committed acts of violence, would that make all animal lovers or enviromentalists nut-jobs?

If guilt by association is OK for gun owners, then it should be OK for every other group.
 BigUgly666
Msg: 633
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2011 10:34:53 AM
The only one talking about killing cops was the FBI plant.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 634
Posted: 1/23/2011 4:45:12 PM

Hard guns and buns..whats not to like?

You mean weapons?

Depends on WHY he has one.

If you aren't in the FBI or law enforcement I see no need to pack one over lunch.
 MsMicki
Msg: 635
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2011 7:20:59 PM

2 things

1) He better be able to go out and shoot us some dinner!
2) He should be a better shot than I am!
 kari135
Msg: 636
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2011 7:45:50 PM

He better be able to go out and shoot us some dinner!

Absolutely!
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 637
Posted: 1/23/2011 8:01:12 PM

2 things

I wouldn't have them in my pictures though...but I am a fan of semi auto handguns and black guns... I do not hunt though.

I have taught all my women to shoot better than most men though!
 Welsh474
Msg: 638
Posted: 1/23/2011 9:34:03 PM
I have no desire to shoot a gun or own a gun. If a man I dated was a hunter, I'm okay with that as long as the guns are locked up after a hunting trip. If he is a gun collector or gun fanatic - no thanks. I don't like the "from my cold dead hands" attitude at all.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 639
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2011 11:43:13 PM

how about breakfast? i can hit a box of cheerios if it's not too far away and the light's good.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 640
Posted: 1/24/2011 12:15:47 AM
^^^^LOL with my .45 I can hit individual Cheerios at 25 feet in the Weaver stance....kinda overkill though!
 *Surfgyrl*
Msg: 641
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2011 12:52:24 PM
I met a man from POF not that long ago who FLASHED a gun along with his so called weapon permit and I went along with it to see what for.
He came up with a VERY convincing "story" about what his job was and said his father was in the military for the gamut. So he went in the military (here are some ideas for all the liars out there) and when he was finished he supposedly worked for OIA (Orlando International Airport) in security. He even went as far as telling me that he sometimes took helicopters up to look for smugglers on the coast near Port Canaveral near the Kennedy Space Center where the shuttle goes up at.
So, after playing along for a while and noticing the bulls**t was getting deep, I went to a friend of mine who is the process server/PI where I used to work who has the software to look up most anything about anybody, told me that EVERYTHING about him was a lie down to his name!!

So to make a long story short, I did email him and question him on a few things about himself including that he is married. He emailed meback and told me; "if you say anything, my wife is very jealous and italian and that is why I have a GUN."

So needless so say, I emailed back the nicest email to him in fear of him and never saw him again. He knows where I live, and we did go on many dates. He lives about 60 miles from me closer to the west coast area closer to Tampa, Florida.

If you go into a fantasy of make believe, some people live that way. I hope that was all it was with him.
He has probably progressed into worse now.
 CheezyChick
Msg: 642
Posted: 1/24/2011 8:18:21 PM
Yup....I think I like 'em....these guys with guns....^^^^ most especially those ones up there.....:)
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 643
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2011 8:28:45 PM
I may lose guy points for this....
but I own no guns.
and if I had to shoot dinner....
we'd starve.

But I'm not opposed to dating a girl who could shoot up some roast.
I'll just have to bring the wine.
:-P
 CheezyChick
Msg: 644
Posted: 1/24/2011 8:36:10 PM
Mmmmmm...vino...?...You are in....make it a chianti, we'll need something with a strong taste to keep up to the gamieness....
 MrFication
Msg: 645
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2011 9:06:27 PM
I really can't say I've ever packed on a meet and greet. Maybe along for the drive there once or twice. In the area I live, it is really easy to get a concealed carry permit---I think it was like $15 at the county sheriff's office, so lots of people have them. Even quite a few women are carrying.....which is totally hott. One of the reasons for keeping one around is in the event of a tasty critter showing itself on the way to the meet and greet. For one meet and greet the woman didn't have a gun, so I offered to bring a spare for her because I was trying to take her bear hunting. Now I'm busy with lion hunting and wouldn't want someone unarmed to show up to that meet and greet---or meat and greet.....
 EJA58
Msg: 646
Posted: 1/27/2011 10:32:23 PM
I don't care. I am more concerned with what my guns think of the women I date.
 FavouriteDreamsOfYou
Msg: 647
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2011 6:16:32 PM
What do I think about guys with guns?

I don't think about them.
'nuff said on that.

For those posters above who think everyone should be armed with a gun ... don't come to Australia.

We like it that most people don't have them.
We had a gun amnesty many years ago - it was a good thing.

The US seems nuts in comparison.

sweetness-one
Msg: 648
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2011 8:27:45 PM
I cannot see any reason why anyone needs to have a handgun in their home or on their person, unless they are a policeman or from a similar agency. And, for most, unless they are properly trained, ANY time you have a weapon in your hand, if you aren't capable or willing to use it, you are just handing an assailant your weapon. Sad to say, from what I can see from moving south, most are willing to shoot first, ask questions later, and to hell with who they hit.

I couldn't live with killing someone who likely wouldn't have been that big a threat to me, possibly wasn't meaning me serious harm in the first place, or that I couldn't have handled sans handgun.

You can have my watch. It's not worth killing a man over. JMO.
 MsMicki
Msg: 649
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2011 9:47:35 PM

I cannot see any reason why anyone needs to have a handgun in their home or on their person

Single woman that lives in the boonies.
I want them for protection .....noone is gonna hear me scream out here!
I want them for pesky critters.
I want them to target shoot....because I like to!
I want them to hunt rabbit and squirrel because you haven't lived till you've had my squirrel gravy!!

And I guarantee you, even though I don't live in the south, some freak breaks into my home in the middle of the night......I will shoot first and ask questions later.
 MrFication
Msg: 650
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2011 10:13:37 PM
Interesting perspective from some of the posters here. I know a few people that have their lives revolve around guns and even other pro-gun people think they are a little out there. I also know plenty of people, women included that carry....most of the mindset 'better to have and not need, than need and not have'. I very rarely carry one with me when out, but if I have to go through certain areas or at certain times...feel it makes sense. The area I live in has a real problem with methamphetamine, and as far as I can tell that drug creates zombies by removing the human from within. The state usually doesn't start to try to rehab the users until too late. So there are many sketchy characters and law enforcement is strung thin, with long response times. Unfortunately it seems to be more reactive than proactive, and although it is extremely safe, there are plenty of incidents affecting all walks in all areas.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What do you girls think about guys with guns?