Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is there real men out there who wears make-up      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PrincessNaughty
Msg: 26
Is there real men out there who wears make-upPage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Yeah I agree Real men do not wear make-up.
You can shave/wax/nair all you want, but make-up is for women. I like MANLY men!!
 jazmella
Msg: 27
Is there real men out there who wears make-up
Posted: 3/15/2006 6:43:41 PM
I disagree with the ladies here saying make-up is primarily for people with a vagina.

Anyone can wear make-up. Yes, even -uh oh- MEN!! That doesn't mean they're less of a man, that's just ridiculous.

Example: What if a man has skin problems? It's not fair that women can cover up and men can't.
 PrincessNaughty
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/15/2006 6:48:32 PM
How many men would actually wear it?? I mean if he had some horrible scar to cover or some major skin issue I could understand, I guess. But to just wear it because you like it would be too wierd for me. Hell I hardly wear any darn make-up myself so if my man wore some it would really bother me.
 KrazyTrk
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/15/2006 7:01:18 PM
I'd like to barbecue but standing in the sun may make me sweat causing my mascara to run, and my cover up to run as well...........bahahahahahahahahaha fak that.....
 shakdicaprio
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/15/2006 7:10:10 PM
DARN THATS A NEW ONE FOR ME SHUCKS TO BAD MY OLD LADY LEFT ME SHE COULD HAD TIE ME UP AND PUT MAKE UP ON ME AND HER BE THE MAN AND ME JUST LAY THERE ,YEA I AGREE I THINK MAKE UP WOULDNT HURT IF THE TIMES WORTH IT IIII DONT KNOW WHY I DIDNT THINK OF THAT ONE.OOOOOO WELL SHE'S GONE.
 Xavi
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/15/2006 7:14:53 PM
Just for the folks who think only gay guys wear makeup -- I hate to break it to you but every guy you see on TV, movies, and probably on stage in your favourite bands, is probably wearing makeup.
Personally I am not into the goth look on guys, but I have seen a few men with eyeliner on and it does look hot on some guys.
 PrincessNaughty
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/15/2006 7:20:17 PM
Duh actors wear make-up, they have to because of the lights and to help with that 'perfect' look. They do not wear it out just for kicks.
 gymrat500
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/15/2006 7:20:21 PM
XAVI...behind the lense of a camera is different as many have already stated.

even the OP says in her question "real men" do they wear make up? my answer is no. however there are lots of girly men or the metrosexual types that probably wear just as much garbage on their face as the average woman.

Real men don't care about guys who wear make-up as were both after different things. we want woman and they want your boyfriends.
 Shangrilah
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/15/2006 7:54:01 PM
A man who wears nipple rouge really gets me going
 mndpd
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:21:58 PM
i like the freaks with make up too
 Caseymcmuffin
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:53:00 PM
Guys wearing eyeliner get me everytime....HOT.
 KrazyTrk
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/16/2006 2:13:42 AM
what's a nipple rouge? Sounds funny
 alohahyou
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/16/2006 2:30:46 AM
Eyeliner and make up is just the trend right now.
 keepingit
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/16/2006 4:07:55 AM

i did mean goth or punk look.....these guys are just intimidated by it....don't u think???

Yeah, I can see myself being intimidated by make-up.
 Algernon Moncrieff
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/16/2006 4:27:29 AM
I've been doing 'the acting thing" for awhile. i can understand someone who might be an actor; geting off stage and in the rush of having to be someplace I myself havent rmoved my stage make up. That to me, is no big deal. After all, it's just a bit of pancake and besids, it's one of the ways i earn a living... BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would NEVER wear make up as a fashion statement. To me that's a call for attention. Don't get me wrong; it doesn't bother me. Many people i know are goths and the guys get off on having their nails painted and eyes done up, but me... I don't see the relationship between "who someone is" and their need to look like Eddie Munster.

Make up simply is their to hide the truth. Isn't that why it was invented? Isn't that why women love to wear it. It hides imperfections and enhances skin tone and appearance.

Just a thoght. But hey! If dudes that wear the heavy got make up turn you on, GO FOR IT! Whatever floats your boat. It's about what makes you feel good, not what other people think.
 jsmxwll
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2006 11:45:06 PM
Honestly the basis of this discussion is whether a man wearing makeup is right or wrong, and whether liking that is right or wrong. There are many posts that go both ways... but realistically this is a constest of opinion. Right and wrong certainly do not apply to this particular subject because it is similar to asking "Does it demasculate a man if he has a pink backpack? and is it wrong of me to like that man because of his pink backpack?" To state a person's 'manliness' based on their prefference of style is purely a social prejudice. It is ignorance at it's finest. If you want to know how 'manly' a man is... try asking him. You may be suprised by the answer. Beyond that point is this. When asking how much of a 'man' someone is requires you asking a question that can never be answered correctly due to the fact that it is subjective. 'Manliness' is going to mean something different to just about everyone. To me 'Manliness' is simply the self confidence of the man in question. Is he confident in who he is and is he comfortable with how he presents himself. If yes.. then he is 'manly' enough for me to respect him. I dont give a damn if he looks like Rupaul. How you look does not determine your selfworth does it? So how can it determine how much of a 'man' you are? Our great grandfathers would have considered most of us 'men' as 'lazy pussies that don't know our heads from our asses' which is their opinion. How does it make a 'manly man' feel to have that said about him? Does that opinion of another individual actually change how 'manly' that person is? Think about it.

Well that's my opinion.
 HazelEyes23
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2006 7:29:35 PM
SOFT HONEY - I actually agree with you. Men who wear especially eye liner are very hot and appealing. Its not just the eye liner, its the fact that they have enough balls to wear it and the guys who make fun of them are obviously lacking their penis. But thats their problem. I don't know if you've ever seen INKED on A&E but Thomas is ****in' HOT and he wears eyeliner.......I dunno, maybe its just some girls..... lol
 jim bag
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/28/2006 7:47:07 PM
If i was auditioning for the rock band KISS , probably
normal life HELL NO
 terminallycute
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/28/2006 7:51:46 PM
let him do what he wants.....

I am not sharing my candy pink lip gloss with any man though!!
 scarlett42
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/28/2006 7:58:07 PM
Y'know..
It's not my thing but I did have someone very nice message me from this site who was very goth and wore alot of make-up..
Maybe I should set you up!
 still_tre
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/28/2006 8:10:24 PM
What im getting is that women love guys with eyeliner, never really thought of doing that but might give it a try.

I need some help tho, who wants to apply some eyeliner? Im guessing its coloring around the eye but i really dont know, someone clue me in.
 tweet911
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/29/2006 11:48:18 AM
Didn't think a real man would wear make-up

who knows I could be wrong... but i don't think so
 softhoney
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/7/2006 6:08:38 AM
HazelEyes23......thanx.....my bf doesn't wear make up....but he has like once, and it was basically only his eyes......it was for this hair competition and he was one of the models so no it wasn't for just no reason.....but i remember seeing him like that and i'd luv to see it again......SO SEXY!!!!! personaly i'm goth and he isn't, but i wish he was:) AND for the last time.....i didn't mean make-up like coverup and blush, i only meant like stuff that would be goth or punky.....geeze people do u even read some of these posts
 SabreWolfSS
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/7/2006 5:20:03 PM
Real men do not wear make-up no way no how.
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/7/2006 5:45:14 PM
I have always wondered why men don't use some make up. I don't mean like a woman would, but to hide stuff like dark circles under the eyes, etc.

For the under 25 group of men, I think the goth make up is fine.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is there real men out there who wears make-up