Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is there real men out there who wears make-up      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tmofedm1
Msg: 76
Is there real men out there who wears make-upPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Marilyn Manson has a huge following. Here in Canada, so does Robin Black. My daughter is totally in love with R.B., thinks he's the hottest! He's pretty cute, but I'm biased...went to school with him and his brothers!

lol.....

Yes, some guys can pull it off.

T
 manny541
Msg: 77
Is there real men out there who wears make-up
Posted: 10/23/2006 4:46:49 AM
I don't do make up...never have ...never will. Ofcourse I have been told..never say never. If you do, then do it..I could care less. Looking to use it to cover up imperfections..that's your thing. Then again, so many people are so Superficial. I am not going to change my appearance just to someone could like me. I am me..and that's all I am. Oh..I don't care too much for the Goth look...reminds me of Halloween. Hey..I wonder what those people dress up as on that holiday? Do you think they take it off and go as plain people?
 t-gurl
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/23/2006 6:22:12 AM
It's very simple. A REAL man is secure enough and confident enough to do what he wants, wear what he wants, without worrying about what others think.

Just like some women like tall men and others like short, some women will like men wearing make up and some won't. Big deal, but they are still REAL men.
 Nightwing66
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/23/2006 6:33:09 AM

Ive worn makeup on camera and on stage.

Yep..., when I was younger & in a band/acting, me too. & A LOT of women commented that it looked really hott. Still love Halloween costumes, as well.

As a daily thing? Not so much.
 Sindee
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2006 6:35:05 AM
I agree with t-gurl. Men and makeup is not everyone's cup of tea, I do not mind it...in fact, some guys look great in it. I would not have a problem with it what-so-ever.
 dreamstate123
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/23/2006 6:43:59 AM
I wear make up occasionally. One of many ways i make myself look better including exercise, proper diet, avoiding the sun etc, etc. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it IMO unless you have mental issues.
 sparticuss
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/31/2006 3:10:46 AM
I know a few young goths who wear a bit to a few parties.

I also know a mid aged man who wears a touch to hide a revolting scar he has due to skin cancer surgery. Revooting to some people anyway. I couldn't give a %^&* about it. All I asked him was if the doctors got the lot.
 loner41
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/31/2006 4:30:11 AM
[It's very simple. A REAL man is secure enough and confident enough to do what he wants, wear what he wants, without worrying about what others think]

Right, and secure enough in his sexuality to know that he never, ever would wear makeup for anything except being on tv. And even then he still wouldn't like it. If you have to wear makeup to be goth, then maybe you got issues anyway. Sorry, but I AM a real man and if you read some of my other posts you will understand my stance on manhood in general. Too many pussies in this world today.
 gtxblueyes
Msg: 84
Posted: 10/31/2006 4:36:05 AM
Uch,,, Very few I hope, does cornhuskers hand cream count?
 SinfulSabby
Msg: 85
Posted: 10/31/2006 11:24:52 AM
Ohh I heart makeup on men..... Given they are not wearing a full face..... A little eye liner is super sexy!!!! Even dark nail polish I dig! Its hot! They look a yummy
 Brian_Thorn
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2006 11:36:28 AM
For the record, "Real Men" don't wear make up. "Real Men" also don't eat quiche, drink aparatifs, or purchase Mini vans or Teacup Yorkies as pets by choice. Young Boys might do these things, hell even Men who routinely deposit their testis in their SO's purse before they leave the house might do these things, but "Real Men" simply don't do this. There is a reason why we have Grecian Formula, Kansas City Steaks, Whiskey, SUV's and Labrador Reterievers, it is because "Real Men" demand them. Nuff said

Have fun ;)!

PS: Cover up on a guy? Sheesh, do you at least use a good foundation first? Yikes!
 SimbadSailor
Msg: 87
Posted: 10/31/2006 11:46:55 AM
Ichi-ban. Lipstick for MEN!

Only actors and TV anchors, and only when in camera. Otherwise, GAYYYYY.......
 Noisy
Msg: 88
Posted: 10/31/2006 11:47:57 AM
Ok, men wearing make up is just wrong. Sorry. I'm hetero.
 *handyman*
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/31/2006 5:19:26 PM
It's funny i grew up in the era of rock bands posing as women and they got more women that they knew what to do with!! motley crue , poison , Kiss , now it manson and the rest ? hey they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right ? Now at almost forty it just seems gay!
 lilbitoftexas
Msg: 90
Posted: 11/25/2006 3:58:10 PM
I agree with you 100% Manny and I hope that also holds true when to comes to women wearing or not wearing makeup. I also agree that the Goth look looks like Halloween and I want to know the same thing. Do they remove the makeup and go as plain people?...LOL Maybe they do the exact opposite and apply all white...clothing, makeup...etc.
 mr_ultimo
Msg: 91
Posted: 11/25/2006 4:18:06 PM
They used to call themselves KISS
 Speranza
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/25/2006 4:32:45 PM
I haven't read the whole thread but surely by now someone has mentioned how gorgeous Eddie Izzard is?

Straight guy, happens to like women's clothes and make-up.

Fair's fair. I get to wear trousers if I want (don't usually actually) and grow chin hairs...
 singleguy64
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/25/2006 5:40:19 PM

Only actors and TV anchors, and only when in camera.

Agreed. They have a valid reason, to hide the glare from all the lights and such while on camera. That I can see. Otherwise, the closest I come to makeup is chap-stick when I'm going out in the cold (because my lips get all dry, and c'mon women, you don't want to kiss a guy w/ gnarly lips ).

Oh, ok, someone mentioned halloween. Maybe then, depending on the costume. A clown costume would kinda necessitate some makeup.
 loner41
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/26/2006 12:33:57 AM
Who the hell is Eddie Izzard? Sorry, but if he "happens" to like womens clothes & shoes then straight & normal he ain't. YUCK! What's the world coming to?
 Hottest_of_the_Hot
Msg: 95
Posted: 11/26/2006 12:42:56 AM
Unless he's Lukas Rossi or any guy in a punk rock band, it's all good...but any man on a regular day / night date, wearing make up is a bit off putting.
 Speranza
Msg: 96
Posted: 11/26/2006 2:20:13 AM
Personally I probably wouldn't choose to go out with a guy who wears make up but I might.

Whereas a bigot would have me running for the hills every time.
 diamondbrooke
Msg: 97
Posted: 11/26/2006 2:41:25 AM
No there are no real men that wear make up because they want to.
 1_toe_in_water
Msg: 98
worn finger nail polish a couple of times
Posted: 5/24/2009 2:30:32 PM
I was seeing a young lady a several years back. She asked if I would ever consider wearing finger nail polish. I never had but thought what the heck. She painted my finger nails with black nail polish. I actually felt somewhat pampered as she applied the stuff. Went out to the bar that evening. Dressed in black jeans, shirt and jean jacket. I looked at my hands and thought "holy crap I'm a frikkin vampire". Didn't use any remover and left the stuff on till it wore off a couple of weeks later. Was in an 0 for 14 batting slump with it on. Haven't chewed or torn my nails since though.

Wore it another time as my halloween costume. Wasn't a real manly shade though.
 Sound_Girl
Msg: 99
worn finger nail polish a couple of times
Posted: 5/24/2009 5:57:13 PM
I love seeing all the men saying "real men don't wear makeup." It cracks me up, do you think makeup was originally intended just for women? Both Egyptian men and women wore makeup and no one would've dared said that any of those makeup wearing men were not "real" men. C'mon, it may not be your thing, and yes the reasons for men wearing makeup have changed, but stop being judgmental and feeding into stereo-types people. It's not really my thing, but I wouldn't question any one's "manhood" because they decided to put on some makeup.
 NotTheAverageChick
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2009 9:33:40 PM
Oh Brian Thorn....could you BE more manly?! Or studlier?

Now and in the recent past, makeup on men has been viewed as conceited, tilting toward the feminine and GAY! No, traditional hetero men don't wear makeup - cuz they don't have to! Men aren't usually judged and chosen SOLELY on their facial features - at least not any that could be improved by makeup (if only his eyes 'popped' more or if his lips were fuller and poutier!). So, to me, a guy wearing makeup wants to attract the attention of gay men consciously or subconsciously!

The half-step that a lot of young guys are taking now is waxing their eyebrows. YUCK! That is hands-down the most feminine thing I have ever seen and I can spot them from 20 paces! He's usually also wearing a very 'fashion-forward' outfit with a lot of labels and words on it, has over-gelled/moused hair and that arrogant, puffed-up t00l attitude prominently displayed on reality tv! I have actually laughed out loud a few times because they were scoping out chicks! I've since learned to control myself...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is there real men out there who wears make-up