Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Strawberri_Max
Msg: 351
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 15 of 61    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I've met a wonderful man. I find myself falling deeper and deeper. He is everything I never knew I always wanted. And yet we haven't met face to face. Is it...even plausible...to fall in love without ever meeting someone? The thought of their touch burns you up, the thought of their kiss makes your knees weak...and oh my, the thought of holding them in your arms is too good to be true. I tell him my weaknesses and he makes me feel strong. I tell him my faults and he thinks that they are cute and I'm wonderful. How can someone make you so happy and fulfilled when you've never laid eyes on one another? Is it possible?

Just wait till you have two computers and an intranet in the same home. And start arguing about how many you really need, and who pays for the connection, if you should have a spare bedroom/study, who pays the rent, who uses the most time, and one of you spends more time on-line than engaged with your partner.

A heh heh heh heh.

-- -

Personally I believe it is possible to share feelings of love with someone on-line but to honestly believe you are hopelessly in love with someone you have never met is

also believable. But is it real and long lasting? Thats the real question. You can listen to
poets and watch Shakespearian inspired plays and movies till the cows come home but in the end only you can decide.

Good luck, hope he is a wonderful in rl as he is the way you view and interact with him on-line.
 SandyMac
Msg: 352
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 5/2/2006 6:35:49 PM
To Eastsideddie-Actually, 2 sets of people, who met on the internet & are friends of mine, did get married. They knew they were in love before they met face to face, that is what I was told anyway.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 353
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2006 7:19:40 PM
I'm not even going to try to read the other posts because I've had a whole bottle of wine...lol. YES! I think you can fall for someone online...Is it true love? No..you don't know th at until you take in their pheramones and talk in person. I have serious lust for someone I have not met, I think if we had met, it would have been no denying we were meant to be...but he's not of the same mindset..so I will move on....NO MORE WINE!...LOL.
 Verissa
Msg: 354
Posted: 5/2/2006 8:03:45 PM

Good luck, hope he is a wonderful in rl as he is the way you view and interact with him on-line.

Actually he's better in person than he was on line. Every minute away from him seems too long. And myeslf I never would have believed it could happen, I'm not a very sappy emotional girl..I don't know if it's love yet, I don't think I'd go that far but it was meant to be a legit question..If we hadn't been able to meet so soon (5months) could it have become love on line before we did meet? Yes I think that it could have been..but I don't have to find out..we have eachother now. I'm still learning what love is but it's something deeper and more connected than simply caring, or lust.
 fun_bun
Msg: 355
Posted: 5/2/2006 8:30:43 PM
I'm absolutely head over heels for Keanu Reeves.

We most certainly have never met but we most certainly have crossed paths. We went to the same elementary school (8 years apart); tried bumming a cigarette off my ex; and, most recently, we were in the same stadium watching U2.

Anything is possible!
 COblkbobcat
Msg: 356
Posted: 5/2/2006 8:44:38 PM
NO - it is not possible.
 Jim33903
Msg: 357
Posted: 5/3/2006 12:53:50 PM

NO - it is not possible.

Doncha just love these one sentence responses? Betcha he did not even bother to read all the posts from those of us that in fact have fallen in love with someone we never met. This response was like we are taking a poll. lol

I'm not mad or upset with this post or the gentleman that posted it.. But one sentence does not say a whole lot on the topic now does it?

But so long as this seems to be a poll, let me respond this way:

YES - it is possible.

And if you read any of the posts in this thread, you will see that it is not only possible, it has happened to many of us. That's a fact, not an opinion.
 silverfox_08
Msg: 358
Posted: 5/6/2006 7:11:12 PM
One of my earliest experiences on the net was a woman I met. She said all of the right things and sent me a picture of her the week before I met her in person. Thinking I was in love with her and her with me, I drove over 200 miles (one way) to meet her. From the time I got the picture until I met her a week later, she had gained about 125 lbs. Why would someone deceive you like that? I believe you can only get to know a person so much and think you're in love but the bottom line is...you have to meet the person to make the final connection. Remember, love is blind and so are most of us!
 lost and alone
Msg: 359
Posted: 5/9/2006 7:46:28 PM
I think that it may be possible. For I also have met someone and I feel the same way. But a word of advice.........be careful as to how much information you give out to the person. Giving out personal information can be very dangerous.

PS: Please tell me that his screen name wasn't or isn't cracycuddler or realcuddler. IF SO.......PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY! HE JUST MAY BE A CON ARTIST OR A SCAMMER! CAN'T PROVE IT SO NOT OFFICIALLY ACCUSING! JUST HAVE SUSPICIONS.
 uncmn2u
Msg: 360
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2006 9:19:11 PM
in my opinion i dont think so...I believe that it takes being in the presence of another to see how you feel, period!...words can be hollow..how do you measure the richness of tone of voice, body language and their contribution to communication.?...Dr. Albert Meharian did a study to determine how communication is understood. He broke it down into 3 categories...the verbal (what you say), the para-verbal (tone of voice) and body language. His study results indicated that body language represents 67 percent of what we communicate...para-verbal accounted for 26 percent of what we communicate, and believe it or not what a person says only accounts for 7 percent of all potential communication....

There is plenty of room for misunderstanding and miscommunication when you are not in the presence of another.......proceed with caution..no one person can meet the entire needs of another........
 tiredofbeinglonley
Msg: 361
Posted: 5/10/2006 2:05:48 AM
I believe it can happen I met this man on the internet we talked over the phone for a long time then I went to meet him in person I loved him more then anything. We were together 3 years and is was the best 3 years of my life. His family on the other hand didnt approve and they ended up the main cause of our breakup. Anyway good luck and I hope its the same feeling when you get to meet face to face.
 hapeenurse
Msg: 362
Posted: 5/10/2006 7:23:10 AM
sure it's possible , but even more likely is falling in love with the idea of being in love with the person. For me personally I would have to get to know the person ,well , in person! you may pour your heart and soul out to someone and feel the feelings of love but until they are right infront of you , face to face you won't know.
 AmazingMe
Msg: 363
Posted: 5/10/2006 9:09:19 AM
Guilty. I've been so cautious about my feelings, and I've been hurt so badly in the past, and I honestly was not anticipating falling in love again.
But I did. And we haven't met yet. I think the phsycial part of meeting someone is just the icing on the cake. Being able to talk for 5 or 6 hours a night is something that you very rarely get to do in a relationship where you picked someone up at a bar or something. You connect on a much deeper level. Besides, the ammount of time we spend on the web-cams or the phone - meeting in person is not going to be a big shocker.
What can I say? I loves ya the_armorer2002 . . . and you friggin know it. LOL
*hugs*
AmazingMe . . . always amazing you . . .
 the_armorer2002
Msg: 364
Posted: 5/10/2006 9:52:52 AM
My dear, any man worth the skin hes printed on would give everything to be with you. Only now your mine.

I have had such horrible relationships in the past, and successive too. Its made me believe that true love, or what I've found, unconditional love, was something I was never going to feel. Even though I had met everyone through online dating, and they all turned out bad for me, I felt I still couldn't give up.

.....and then i met Amazing Me. Turned around my perspective on everything. Yes, it truly is possibly to fall for someone, and not have ever touched them. Through online dating, and phone calls and messenger, you can learn more about someone, how they think, and how they feel. Its like you get the inside track on them, because they are there, alone with their thoughts, so you get let in. I've fallen for Amazing Me, and hard. Yes, I was headed out west anyways, but you gave me something to look forward to....life with an amazing love.

Everyone who reads this...live life to the fullest, and live every day like it was your last. Life is so very fragile, and short.... you need to see things you've never seen, and do things you've never done. Throw caution to the wind. Because one day....it will be over. And all you take with you are the memories. And the only things in life you ever regret.....

....are the chances you never take.
 hapeenurse
Msg: 365
Posted: 5/10/2006 10:07:52 AM
okay , those 2 are adorable!
 angeloflove4u
Msg: 366
Posted: 5/11/2006 6:02:22 AM
yes it can happen it happened to me,
 Jim33903
Msg: 367
Posted: 5/11/2006 6:36:53 AM
Well there you have it! For all the people that came here to say it can't happen, not possible, is only infatuation, only cyber fantasy etc. BULL!

You just don't know unless it happens to you. It happened to me and now maybe it is happening a second time. I found her 1200 miles away. BUT we both will speed up the first face to face meet. But even that will not change the way I know the heart and soul of this beautiful woman already. We meet June 12th.

To you AmazingMe and to you Armorer2002 , I congratulate you both and wish you all the love and happiness you deserve.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 368
Posted: 5/11/2006 6:45:28 AM

It happened to me and now maybe it is happening a second time.

Man, how some people just don't get it.....

The second time?

If the first time was true you'd still be with her. Geesh!! People can't (won't) segregate lust and love....

And the fact that you list yourself as "seperated" and anticipating "the second time"....

I'll stop right there.
 britcitusa
Msg: 369
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:01:18 AM
Actually,i know two couples who did this.They met before the internet and were actually "pen pals"Their marriages are stronger than anyone i know of.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 370
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:12:47 AM
Cool. 2 out of...............?
 the_armorer2002
Msg: 371
Posted: 5/11/2006 9:32:50 AM
Eastsideeddie.....seeing someone from the net is the same as real life, you just can't tell. You hope, you pray, that you've found the right one, and maybe it will even feel that way for a while, but if its not meant to be, it will end. We shouldn't make fun of him for failing, we should applaud him for trying. He sounds genuine, and I wish him the best of luck, he deserves it.

Meeting someone online gives you a rare opportunity, unlike meeting someone in person at a bar, etc,..... to get inside their head, learn so much about them in such a little amount of time, and to keep space between you until you feel comfortable enough in your knowledge of the person to meet them face to face, and begin forever.

Don't decry such a wonderful dating tool. For the past 3 years, I have found my girlfriends, numbering 3 over those years, and even though they didn't work out, I thank God for every moment I had that was good. Because, in the end, all you take with you are the memories. Instead of being pissy at being rejected, or being taken, be thankful for being able to experience those good things with that lady, and know hat it will help you grow as an individual.
 kr8ztwin
Msg: 372
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2006 9:39:29 AM
I agree with ^. Theres really not alot of difference at all. I've dated girls offline and on and its always been the same. You don't figure out who the REAL person is until some time into a relationship. I just wish people could be themselves up front....if you are a dork, wear it on your sleeve. I do
 the_armorer2002
Msg: 373
Posted: 5/11/2006 9:46:27 AM
LMAO, kr8ztwin.....your a good guy!! You so very right....be honest, with your lady and with yourself....all the best relaionships are based on honesty, trust, and communication. Give your all, 110%.....so if it ends, you can atleast say you tried your best, and it just wasn't meant to be.
 FriendLuvrFoeva
Msg: 374
Posted: 5/11/2006 11:35:08 AM
It might be possible, but actually "in love" very unlikely. You may feel very attracted to the ideas and the words. I think it would be more of a facination. Anyone can say anything online, and many do. Until you actually meet the person and spend time with them to know if the words and actions are real, It's just a fantasy. Just my personal experience and opinion.
 hapeenurse
Msg: 375
Posted: 5/11/2006 11:46:43 AM
okay but didn't most of you fall in love *after* You met?
you may have initially started talking online or emailing/calling but at some point you meet right? isn't that when the love starts or is confirmed?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?