Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SamAlexandeR
Msg: 401
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 17 of 61    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
hey what's up i liked the way you talked. i'm new to this site and i can't fidure out how to post a reply to the thread "is it possible to blah,blah,blah" or anyother one. can you tell me how please. i picked you random and well, because you're hot. tell me, yeah?
 am here
Msg: 402
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 5/16/2006 11:54:09 PM
YES,Yes, Yes oh yes it can happen

october-sky
Msg: 403
Posted: 5/17/2006 5:02:23 AM
Hi Verissa

Encouraging to hear that the two of you have finally met.

I have replied to your posts in the very beginning (cant find the page now).

you mentioned in one of your posts that there was just something about him,
that you couldnt forget, that was keeping you around to meet him (not your exact words-cant find those either). This is how i feel about the person that i have been talking with for over three years now. For awhile, there has been some gaps in time between us. There has been a few times where i second guess myself about him. More when i listen to what my non-believer friends may say. I have tried to meet others. Its not the same.

When i met this person online, as mentioned in my very early post-it was not in a dating site. We both were not looking for a relationship. I didnt even know at the time if he was married, male or female etc. We were in a support group with other people online, at the time i was having computer problems, he offered to help. Of course, when we started to email one another, outside of the support group, etc. then its obvious i learned more about him, what his real name was, a male, any pets, children, significant other etc.

There were very many interests, and similarities between us. It was like we balanced one another, with all that we believed in. We would talk for hours, whether on the phone, or the messenger. We had gone through some trying times as well. But always, that feeling has not disipated for me in regards to him.

The other day, he told me he had snail mailed me a letter. I took it as well maybe i will get one and maybe not. I was to receive by a certain date and didnt. Thought - well maybe my friends are right and i have been an a** all along. Well, the letter and card did arrive yesterday, and it has the very date on the outside of the envelope when he mailed it and from what town.

There is no set plan (again) about meeting. Im trying to focus on if it happens it happens and if it doesnt well that will be very sad. There are issues that he is concerned about, and is afraid. We have talked about them and i have reassured him that im ok with those issues.

Time will tell. He knows how i feel. And i honestly believe he is telling me the truth. If it wasnt meant to be, i am sure that he would have been long gone by now and i would have found another that would bring to me the same feelings that i have experienced with him.

I am happy for you Verissa and for all the others that have been able to experience a special love with someone they met online. It is possible to fall in love with someone you have never met.
 Verissa
Msg: 404
Posted: 5/17/2006 10:06:02 AM
Oh October-please don’t congratulate me. Yes we met and yes it was wonderful. He wasn’t what I expected looks wise but he has beautiful eyes and I thought a kind heart. Everything was perfect and I swear that was the happiest I’d ever been. Even now I’m trying not to cry. One day it was perfect, I met and loved his family, and they really liked me too. We were happy, he was going through some tough things and couldn’t believe I’d stand by him though everything…and then I get an e-mail saying I’m sorry I just can’t be in a relationship right now…and then I see on his profile that he is again looking to date?

So be happy with the fantasy that you have of your love.

I still have faith. This may have been a test to see if I’d grown a heart and was capable of loving someone, that I didn’t make myself, ever again. And yes, yes I can. I still care for him, even love him in my own way…but he’s hurt me one too many times for me to ever trust him. I trust until I am given a reason not to, he lost most of it before we ever met and then this last blow. So please don’t congratulate me on meeting him. You can however congratulate me on learning from this experience.

Love is hard in the flesh and even more so on here. Everyone is so guarded, jaded, scared…well I just had my heart broken and I still believe. Does that make me a fool? Possibly. I’ll buy the hat with the spikes and bells…what a fool am I! Loosen up people…at least if you feel hurt you know that you’re still alive. And I AM ALIVE…hahahaha

Good luck ya’ all!
 Forsythia
Msg: 405
Posted: 5/17/2006 11:00:37 AM
Hang in there, Verissa! Continuing to believe in love after having one's heart broken does not make one a fool, as far as I'm concerned. If it does, then I'm also a fool! Like you, I have met people who are guarded, jaded and scared. The problem with closing up after heartbreak is that you may well be closing out the right partner, the one for whom you've been waiting. So, I'll keep the faith with you!

Having said that, I must add that I have grown much wiser in my two years of singledom. I seem to be better at plucking out the weeds in a more expeditious manner. But weeds can sometimes so closely resemble flowers, can't they? And even weeds can be pretty...
 seeking_pleasure
Msg: 406
Posted: 5/17/2006 11:49:04 AM
oh it's possible alright, long story made short k?....in 1999 i started chatting to someone in the States, i was in England, within 2-3 days i knew i was in love with guy( up to this point no photo's had been exchanged)...anyway after talking to him for 6 weeks(photo's now exchanged) and while chatting to him one morning online he had a seizure, it was enough to scare me to make the 6000 mile trip for someone i had never met!...and i did, i flew into Texas 6 days after his seizure, a few months after that he came to visit me in England....everything turned out better than expected because in 2001 he and i got married,...he took on my 4 kids from my prior marriage and we have now just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary...ain't life grand.....go with your heart....i did and now look at me...
 celticbiker
Msg: 407
Posted: 5/17/2006 1:09:52 PM
escapee not sure your correct but your opinion as valid as the next persons .
Personaly i believe you can love a persons peronality just by talking but not love the person for everything they are . love as a discription has a broad base exsample i love coffee . although i wouldnt want to read a mug of coffee poetry or want a relationship with it . just because some people on here use this as there only way of contact either because of distance or being disabled and they love someone they have found on here doesnt mean there desperate escapee . stay blessed people
 craziazzbaby
Msg: 408
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2006 1:14:52 PM
hey seeking pleasure you cant be that happily married if your out there seeking the company of a woman...thought you were happy with your husband??? hmmm seems to me that your really not.
 ][KAOS][
Msg: 409
Posted: 5/17/2006 1:31:31 PM
Red... wake up!!!! You're day-dreaming again!!!!
 Verissa
Msg: 410
Posted: 5/17/2006 2:27:47 PM

hey seeking pleasure you cant be that happily married if your out there seeking the company of a woman...thought you were happy with your husband??? hmmm seems to me that your really not.

Maybe she shares? Marriage is about sharing and sacrifices. Nothing wrong with playing if everyone involved is ok with it.
 QTPIE1963
Msg: 411
Posted: 5/17/2006 3:26:47 PM
YES......... I think a part of yourself can fall in love with someone you never met, however when you finally meet and the instant connection isn't there you will be surprised how fast that love goes to just another friend..... Good luck girlfriend I have been there and sad to say when we met there was no chemistry. Just don't fall to hard hang on to a little reality OK...... God Bless TJ
 soar43withUS
Msg: 412
Posted: 5/17/2006 3:34:07 PM
I agree and then, I disagree! To me, there are 3 stages of LOVE: Romantic, Mature, and then, the 4ever kinda of LOVE(Agape kind)...GOD kind!!! You can have a romantic LOVE with someone you never met, but...for such LOVE to mature...you need to have "hands on!!!" Then, after such mature LOVE so grows, then such...with GOD...can be the 4ever kinda of LOVE that is UNCONDITIONAL!!!!
 gtxblueyes
Msg: 413
Posted: 5/17/2006 3:35:26 PM
You can become interested, exchange ideas and dreams , but for love to bloom you must meet the person and see if sparks fly.
 vicilou
Msg: 414
Posted: 5/17/2006 4:08:23 PM
oh hell yes and i prooved it last week as an experiment!....yeah it was cruel but worht it to show the guy wot he,d been doin to others!!...only took him 4 days to tell me he loved me!!,point prooven and i felt like shit!!lol
 redhairedbeauty1
Msg: 415
Posted: 5/17/2006 5:50:04 PM
the internet is a fantasy playground.. and the nicest people can be portrayed as devils and the opposite to. You can turn anyone into anything you want them to be. I have talked to many people online then met them and thought they were not anything like i imagined they were.
So to answer your original question i would ay No.

I do have a friend who met a guy off the internet, she talked to him for a couple days they met had coffee. then they continued talking online for a few more months. then they hooked up. Whenever they get into an arguement they talk on messenger instead of on the phone. i thought that was kind of wierd
 lastdance
Msg: 416
Posted: 5/17/2006 5:51:50 PM
Attention! Attention!
She is right.
I met one men online. I fell in love with him. We chatted for 6 months without seeing each other (He was living in the different state). I only saw his pictures.
And then we finally met...
He wasn't that much attractive as on the pictures. But, it wasn't an issue for me. Because by then i happen to like him for his inner side. So, we kept going.
In a 1,5 we slited up, and the biggest reason was his BODY SMELL. I COULDN'T STAND IT.

sO, IT IS POSSIBLE TO FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE WITHOUT REALLY SEEING HIM/HER.
HOWEVER, IT IS A MUST, A BIG BIG MUST TO MEET THE PERSON. PHYSICAL ATTRACTION PLAYS A KEY ROLE IN THE END.

Do you remember this combination : mind + body + soul.
If one of these keys is left out, you won't be in true harmony.
 lastdance
Msg: 417
Posted: 5/17/2006 5:56:47 PM
"She", meaning my reply to this female's oppinion that i agree with (page 1):
/you are missing a vital piece of the puzzle....the part that you use all your senses for. I saw a scientific study on the chemistry of love and evidently smell is one of the biggest things which triggers something in the brain.

I do believe you can find compatibility and like-mindedness which can be really wonderful because its the part of love with stays forever since the physical part will change with time. Still, you need to physically connect too and that is not a sure thing just from finding you connect mentally./
 WRBH
Msg: 418
Posted: 5/17/2006 6:05:21 PM
No it's not. Beacuse one of the largest ingrdiants in any realtionship is Chemistry. Chemistry isn't oh man he looks hot in that pic. It's what you feel when your put together. I've been shocked by guys I didn't think were that good looking and yet we had chemsitry. While I've gone out with a few Greek Gods and nada was there.
 canali
Msg: 419
Falling in love (infatuation) is one thing: staying in love is quite another
Posted: 5/17/2006 6:11:15 PM
To fall in love is one thing...but to STAY in love (once the infatuation wears off)
and really build a most solidly built relationship is an entirely different thing altogether.
Isn't that the question you should be addressing, ie, the 2nd part?
 A_Blueyedbabe
Msg: 420
Posted: 5/18/2006 4:07:25 AM
Verissa, I want to say I thought it was possible. I fellin love with a man who i couldnt wait to talk to each day. Seemed like a dream come true. since October. Well, I found out just days ago He is not the guy in the photo, but a scammer who scamms many women with the same stories. & uses a pic from a very handsome guy from the Hawaiian Focus International modeling agency.I will suppy this link to anyone who is curious many of the people on this & thousands of sites are scammers using these peoples pic & from other agencys. check it out.& keep your eyes on the Media. We are gonna break this wide open.
He doesnt have a daughter & has played & used me all along. He isnt an engineer & he was never from Florida to start with. Ive lost Money & The last chance i might ever believe in men.
Please be carefullget him to go on cam to prove who he is. If he makes a million excuses I just told u why.
good Luck
ciao
Karen
 BIG NIGGA
Msg: 421
Posted: 5/18/2006 6:51:40 AM
^^^WOW.....lol....not funny but..............smh.......^^^
 Verissa
Msg: 422
Posted: 5/18/2006 8:06:13 AM

he has played & used me all along. He isnt an engineer & he was never from Florida to start with. Ive lost Money & The last chance i might ever believe in men.

Oh my...you sent him money? Why would you do that? No Karen I met him it was good for a while I was happy he was happy then kindly Dr. Jeckle turned into Mr. Hyde and all of a sudden I wasn't his dream come true anymore and he couldn't be in a relationship...now I don't know if it was just me he couldn't be with or if that applies to everyone. Either way it's sad, and I'm hurt, but I'm moving on and getting on with my life. If something is meant to be it will be but it won't ever be with him. I hope he finds her, his dream come true, but he really needs to fix his head first and figure out what he wants before he hurts the wrong person and lives, or doesn't, to regret it...there are a lot of psycho bunny boiling women out there.
 Forsythia
Msg: 423
Posted: 5/18/2006 5:44:18 PM
Oh Karen, what a horrible experience to be scammed by someone like that! But I certainly hope this evil man is not "the last chance you might ever believe in men". There are good ones out there.

Your story certainly reminds me to be careful with this online dating thing...
 auburnpeach
Msg: 424
Posted: 5/18/2006 6:14:05 PM
Yes, it is true. I met someone on here and we talked for 6 months by email and by phone. Even my friends say that I fell in love with him before I met him. We finally met at the end of the 6 months and have been together since then. I love him more and more each day and the thing to remember is you can be in love with this guy because your feelings are real, he may turn out to be a dud and break your heart but even then if you loved him, you loved him. I think its just the physical part that your really worried about and you will never know until you try.....just use common sense and be safe.
 Tonewheel
Msg: 425
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2006 2:34:00 PM
>

Nonsense. People have fallen in love from long distance since the invention of paper. Not only is it possible, it's often a very deep and lasting kind of love. Ultimately, lasting love has very little to do with the physical body. That's why you see people who are 90, still madly in love even though they are barely able to stay continent. Touching someone is an expression of love, not a creation of it.

This isn't to say you're not in love with a fantasy. It's entirely possible you're in love with the idea of him rather that him. It's also possible you don't know him very well at all. None of us posters could determine that for you. All I'm saying is that it IS possible (I should know -- I experienced it).
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?