Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nufyxes
Msg: 451
view profile
History
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 19 of 61    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
Congratulations, whens the wedding? Or will there be one? Can you honestly say that you love him when you havent even seen him? I've been there this guywas telling me how much he cared about me and how much he adored me and he started telling me he loved me and then we met and it was horrible, I treated him the same I had been treating him but he was completely different in person. Just make sure that before you go too far you realize that people on the net are always different from the real deal
 cute_little_1
Msg: 452
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 6/21/2006 2:25:02 PM
I believe it is possible, because I am in the same boat! :) Met a guy and I have never met him face to face and he makes me feel like I am on top of the world. So I believe it is possible to fall in love with someone you never met! Good Luck with it all!
 sfjdfj
Msg: 453
Posted: 6/21/2006 2:53:17 PM
I believe that it is possible to fall in Love with someone without meeting...in time. Getting to know someone these days is rare, but if you allow yourself and the other significant that opportunity to learn about each others ways, laugh and be yourself it is definitely possible. When you meet someone for the first time and have gotten to know them even if only a little its Love at first site...Love at first site for the one you're familiar with mixed with first glance and physical atraction.
 laceylilkitty
Msg: 454
Posted: 6/21/2006 4:04:05 PM
JUST REMEMBER THAT THERE ALL TYPES OF LOVE...OF COURSE YOU CAN LOVE SOMEONE THAT YOU HAVE NEVER MET IN PERSON DONT BE RIDICULOUS TO SAY IT CANT HAPPEN WITHOUT THE TOUCH FACTOR....LOVE COMES IN ALL FORMS....ONE MIND CAN AND DOES VERY OFTEN LOVE ANOTHER MIND.....FOR WOMEN IT HAPPENS MORE OFTEN THAN MEN....BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE HUGE DRAWBACK TO PICTURING OTHER MORE INTIMATE THINGS BEFOFE MEETING SOMEONE.....YOU BUILD IT UP TO SOMETHING THAT CAN BE VERY DISAPOINTING WHEN IT COMES TO THE ACTUAL ACT OF INTAMACY WITH THE PERSON....YOU MAY LOVE THIER MIND AND MEET THE BODY AND HAVE NO ATTRACTION OR WOW FACTOR THAT IN ITSELF CAN BE CRUSHING.....
 a37064
Msg: 455
Posted: 6/21/2006 4:10:26 PM
Only if you believe in fairytales....
 honeeb2820
Msg: 456
Posted: 6/21/2006 5:00:47 PM
yes it is i think..i met someone on the computer and i spoke with him every night ..moved on to the phone everynight for hours . we talked about everything and when i wasnt on the phone with him i was thinkin about him he is perfect we finally met and i still felt the same way ...weak in the knees and i so want to be with him for the rest of my life..everything about him even down to how he says the word crazy ...i love the way he loves me and i love the way i feel about him...seems weird to me too but i knew before i ever laid eyes on him that he was gonna melt me for a long time to come...
 Verissa
Msg: 457
Posted: 6/22/2006 4:16:08 PM
nufyxes
Congratulations, whens the wedding? Or will there be one? Can you honestly say that you love him when you havent even seen him?

Mhmmm, generally when I read and respond to a post I search through all of the thread and see what the OP said from the beginning to the end to avoid ignorance and confusion when stating my oppinion. This idea might benifit others posting to a very long thread.

Before making such a bitter statement it might do you some good to see how it progressed. No in the end it sadly did not work out. Were the feelings the same, yes most certainly they were. He treated me fine not any different than on here. I do care for him so very much and I still believe in love without ever meeting face to face. To love someone from the inside out feels much more rewarding than to love someone from the outside in. Love the soul and then the appearance. I agree the appearance is very important, hot damn this could potentially end up being the person I wake up to for the next 60 years so I'd like at the begining to be attracted to them, and them to me, for sure.

Sorry about what happened to you. It was not like that for us..he's just not ready to settle down and I can't force it upon him so we were at an impass there..and we both have moved on and remained friends.
 b_onita0280
Msg: 458
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2006 4:26:21 PM
yes it is possible! but the question would be......If it will work out between u and him after u meet each other?!! would he be what he said he is....would u be still inlove after u see him and be with him?!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 459
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2006 4:45:10 PM
Obviously it happens. It IS contingent on both people being genuine and sincere. But you can fall in love with someone before you experience their physical presence. If that's what you're falling in love with, then it's a love or attraction that won't last. There is an advantage in getting to know someone only through letters and phone calls, because you don't have the physical, chemistry that interferes. They only have their heart and mind to win you with, not their dashing or sexy looks. If you do find that and experience it, then when you do meet, it's all the more intense and real. You LOVE the person, not the shell or the body they inhabit, but you love their mind, heart and soul. That's the type of love that lasts.
 unclebuckshot
Msg: 460
Posted: 6/22/2006 8:31:06 PM
It does happen, (raising my hand as an example). Actually we realize that it can't really be love, but the feelings is just as exciting, intoxicating, and addicting! On this iste, I could not wait to log in to look for e-mail, or a forum post from this person! We e-mailed personally, exchanged secrets, just like we would have if we were sitting on the same porch swing!
But, we were on opposite sides of the continent, and as it bcame more and more evident that we would never meet, the fire began to die, even to the point where I am being referred to in symbols in other forums because of a thread I started! This thread happened to cause a lot of controversy, and I was put down, deeply hurt, by someone for whom I had deep feelings. If you think falling in love online, without meeting, can cause pain, think about being totally humiliated online, in a forum by that same person you held in a place in your heart occupied by no one else!
Yes, it is possible to fall in love with a person you have never met, but please meet that person before you fall in love! Don't let an online relationship turn into anything more than "penpals" until you meet!
 msman
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2006 8:40:34 PM
Absolutely it can happen. It takes a lot of trust! It's happened to me and no we haven't met yet but are hoping to soon. It's tough because life gets in the way but if you really feel love for that person and it's mutual you can overcome the obstacles.
 Sams101
Msg: 462
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2006 2:10:45 PM
Yes ,, word's can often speak louder than face to face meeting's . If you can not hold a chat with someone , there's really no need to meet them anyway . I see maby this same thing just may happen to me as well. Good luck !
 Peaches1953
Msg: 463
Posted: 6/24/2006 2:24:51 PM
If it was meant to be ,yes!
 Funme40
Msg: 464
Posted: 6/24/2006 2:27:17 PM
Someone you never met? Pure fantasy, nothing more. In lust yes, love takes much more, investment and time.
 romanticlady64
Msg: 465
Posted: 6/24/2006 3:06:22 PM
Yes it can be possible but of course you wont know for sure until you actually meet. You can fall in love with that persons personality. Looks do matter but its what's inside that really counts. Lets face it with age looks fade and if you dont have someone that you can talk with .....then your back to square one.
 shh-shy-panther
Msg: 466
Posted: 6/24/2006 4:24:11 PM
yes it is possible to fall in love with some one you have never met, but it also depends on how you see love and what love means to you, you can talk for hours on a phone you can send text, email,and at this stage you have no innerbishurns, your not scared to say who you are what you do, or what your looking for,and you still have not met yet, and you can still have playful moments when you just laught forever at what is being said, you have topical debates with each other that can get heated and you sill find a way to communicate reguardless of how heated, and you start filling up with these fealings which gets you to a point when you cant wait to get back on your pc, mobile,ect and hope their waiting at the other end, some people even set a time to talk reguardless of their means, we then start to build up a mental picture of what it would be like to be with this person and then we have our dream of what if, what could be, what might be.
yes we can fall in love,
fantasys, lust they are all sins, we are all human so some things we find as plesure, but that is never to be mixed up with love.
when two people first meet after conversing for so long, all our inner most fears kick in, all of a sudden your not sure if you like this person their eyes are to big/small their to pale or to dark for you, not as tall or short as you assumed, but thats the problem we assume and we assume to much and then we wonder why we are single but never wonder who weve hurt in getting to that point, because in realilty we are ignorant to the fact of what love is.

love stands alone.
if you find that love is somthing you have to invest in or you have to work hard at it, maybe thats not the kind of love you need, investments mature with time, and depending on what you put in its not saying your going to get a good intrest in return.

i could go on but im sleepy, but love is endless love do's not care what colour hight, pimpel on your a** love just loves you for you wether you meet or just stay penpals ect.
 alpinette
Msg: 467
Posted: 6/24/2006 4:44:15 PM
yes yes yes yes i do believe you can a few years back i fell in love with a guy i met on the internet but he lived in another state he would email me such beautiful emails and chat with me until wee hours in the morning either by phone or on the computer he would burn me cds with love songs on them and i could talk to him anytime i had a problem and basically he was and said everything i needed to hear or see in emails yes the sound of his voice made me tremble he was like my soul mate and made me forget my troubles when we talked so yes i believe you can fall in love with someone without meeting them first i think your falling in love with his inner beauty first it sounds like and sometimes thats better sometimes as they say looks can be decieveing say you meet a really nice looking guy and im not saying all good looking guys are this way just some and hes a real a** a jerk if you know what i mean and then there is the regular guy you may not give the time of day to that is the sweetest guy in the world but you wont give him a chance so good luck chat later alpinette
 Fluffles
Msg: 468
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2006 1:23:47 PM
Be wary, this happens to women who begin relationships with men in prison all the time. Those relationships usually cancel out within 30 days of the man's release. Problematically speaking, you should also realize that you may have a problem with intimacy and may be relagating your social life to unattainable men. Hmmm?
 lenacay
Msg: 469
Posted: 6/26/2006 7:18:00 PM
I don't want to bash the people who wrote in and said it can not happen, but without a connection of the soul the sex will be empty and meaningless. When you fall in love with a person because of shared experiences, personality, intimate thoughts that is much deeper than whether or not you find them sexy and have some momentary chemistry in bed. It is the love on the level that you seem to be experiencing with this person that will sustain your relationship for years to come.

The question I would be asking myself is whether or not this person would be the one I would still want to be with if sex was not a possibility at all. If the answer COULD be yes than that is the person I would definitely want to be with.
 trknon
Msg: 470
Posted: 6/26/2006 7:24:35 PM
You are falling in love with what someone you don't know is telling I could tell you I am a millionaire with 8 cars and several bank accounts and dine at only the finest places, it takes time to get to know someone take your time
 GigglyOne
Msg: 471
Posted: 6/26/2006 7:28:49 PM
I don't think you can fall in love with someone you've never met. I know I have liked people I have never met a lot. But never fell in love with them. Although, recently a guy I know in the States told his girlfriend that him and I are soulmates. Long story short, she was in love with a guy she's never met, but has only seen in dreams. And he told her that him and I were soulmates. We've never met, but have talked on the phone for hours for months, until the phone bill got outrageously huge. So it's happened to people, but I think it's a bit weird and I don't understand it.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 472
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2006 7:33:44 PM
Be optimistic and cautious at the same time. You probably know him much better than someone you would have dated for the same amount of time. The chemistry will probably be there even if it perhaps wouldn't have been if you had initially met face to face because you have built up the butterflies without the physical contact. If someone is going to lie, he is going to lie. If someone is going to even unintentionally present himself falsely, which happened to me recently (yes the same supportive love you just the way you are thing and then when things got a little difficult, he bolted), situations will arise that will bring everything to light. Even if you date somebody extensively, until you live together, you don't know which of those cute traits that you originally liked are those that you will start to hate and become deal breakers. Make sure your bullshit detector is on and proceed. You can either spend your life expecting the worst and not really living or hoping that things will work out but with a healthy sense of skepticism, then you are at least sometimes pleasantly surprised. Enjoy what you have and worry about it when there is something to worry about. Even if things don't work out, the blissful period has been wonderful and you have some nice memories on a rainy day.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 473
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2006 7:34:20 PM
Be optimistic and cautious at the same time. You probably know him much better than someone you would have dated for the same amount of time. The chemistry will probably be there even if it perhaps wouldn't have been if you had initially met face to face because you have built up the butterflies without the physical contact. If someone is going to lie, he is going to lie. If someone is going to even unintentionally present himself falsely, which happened to me recently (yes the same supportive love you just the way you are thing and then when things got a little difficult, he bolted), situations will arise that will bring everything to light. Even if you date somebody extensively, until you live together, you don't know which of those cute traits that you originally liked are those that you will start to hate and become deal breakers. Make sure your bullshit detector is on and proceed. You can either spend your life expecting the worst and not really living or hoping that things will work out but with a healthy sense of skepticism, then you are at least sometimes pleasantly surprised. Enjoy what you have and worry about it when there is something to worry about. Even if things don't work out, the blissful period has been wonderful and you have some nice memories on a rainy day. Also, years ago I thought a friend's sister was insane. She was an army brat and started corresponding and telephoning a guy (pre-Internet) that she had known as a teen. They were unable to meet because he had gone into the military and they married without spending any quantity of time actually physically together. They have been married now for more than twenty years, lol.
 matisse808
Msg: 474
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2006 7:53:38 PM
No, but it's possible to fall in love with the subconscious idea you've created of someone. Most people believe the lies they tell themselves quite readily.
 flowerchild1963
Msg: 475
Posted: 6/26/2006 8:01:54 PM
No. Not possible. You can fall in love with the idea of what you have imagined that person to be, created in your mind by the pieces you have collected through conversations. But to really be in love you have to spend time with the person. Get to know all their habits, quirks, etc. Even the smell of their skin. Intimacy is also a factor. Although some would categorize that in the lust deparment, I believe it plays a major role in the "in love" feeling. Love is the whole package, not just communication. That being said, if you start with communication and it's really good, then everything else usually falls into place.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?