Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 silentwhisper2u
Msg: 476
view profile
History
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 20 of 61    (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46)
I think that you can fall in love with someone without ever meeting them. I think that love is not cemented by the physical touch but by the emotional connection. I can sense another 's touch by the words he shares with me......"I will kiss you till the warmth of my lips takes leave and the transfer to yours is complete. I will feel the softness gain warmth and the sweet wetness of your lips tingle my very soul." Only words but if i close my eyes can i sense that feeling the answer for me is YES. Can a blind man find a woman beautiful without ever actually seeing her......of course the answer is yes.....we have five senses none more powerful than the other....each can be present or absent but does not make the reality of the emotion love less.
a
 flowerchild1963
Msg: 477
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 6/26/2006 8:06:29 PM

we have five senses none more powerful than the other....each can be present or absent but does not make the reality of the emotion love less

Hmmm.....Something to think about.
 questing41
Msg: 478
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2006 8:31:04 PM
Of course you can. (Which isn't to say any one can.)

The suggestions to the contrary I've read so far in this thread are pretty empty and hypocritical...

Anyone can present a false front, either online or in real life (reading this forum you'll see both have happened to hundreds of people here). Does 'Real Life' present you a few other ways to catch a liar? Of course! But that has nothing to do with being able to fall in love in either place.

To deny 'love' can exist because you can't know someone well enough online is to deny *any* protestation of love. You can always know someone better, there can always be a surprise. It's an argument without any clear definition of what is enough, and I can use it against anyone who says they're in love =p So I don't think it's a fair comment.

It goes on and on... knowing someone physically can afford you further information sure. Saying that's enough to fall in love while knowing someone via the net isn't, is both arbitrary and absurd though.

And of course, as I started off saying, what is enough for one person isn't necessarily enough for another. Because it's not enough for you doesn't mean it can't be enough for someone else.

That said, can people mistake something else for love? Without question. That doesn't have any bearing upon whether it's possible though.

Those arguing it's not possible are more truly arguing love itself is not possible. Fabricated prerequisites are just that.

Mmph :) Sorry if I sound heated ;)
 LAKE CO.MAN
Msg: 479
Posted: 6/28/2006 4:45:32 PM
I think that any one can fall in Love as everyone seems to put it? But do you really know this person? You talk to them here.,And thay feed you like feeding a horse grain.You eat it.You like the taste of it,Why? Because it is something that taste good to us as a food,just as our brain reacts to a person saying that thayLove us.BUT! Do we know that tahaytruly love us? These ladys are words.Wake up up.True Love is with in us.but not from some one who we have only met on here.ONCE! Love is winthiin the eye of the beholder.Not the words of the beholder.Ok?Woeds are meaningless.Been thier done that.
 shaz 1
Msg: 480
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2006 2:01:22 PM
well verissa i totaly agree with you i have only been on line about two month met a few guys on hear but i have fallen for a guy i talk to hes allways there to listen to me . as soon as i turn my comp on hes there we have exchanged photoe and for some reason i trust him totaly and yeah you get that certain feeling in your stomarch you want to hold them so tight.i exchanged mobile numbers with him and if im never on line he txts me to go on if im out and he txts me he askes me to go home and says he misses me . is this love i ask myself well i have neverhad a feeling as strong as this about anyone and now we are planning to meet up in a few months .hears crossing my fingers that i have caught my man of my dreams .
 bucsgirl
Msg: 481
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2006 4:08:08 PM
shaz That's great to hear. I'll be hoping for you that your meet is a wonderful experience and he's all you hoped for and more. Just be open to him, and learn to ignore all the naysayers and people who just want to drag you down and make you negative. Stay positive and hope for the best!!
 shaz 1
Msg: 482
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2006 2:05:51 AM
verissa he sounds nice go for it i wish you luck and i think love shouldnt have anything to do looks
 shaz 1
Msg: 483
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2006 2:10:22 AM
thanks bucsgirl ijm always truethfull to him and open and i have asked him to be the same and i feel he is . lets just hope hes the one i have been through alot in life and i am only 39 he makes me feel specil and he says i make him as well .
 swee10lo
Msg: 484
Posted: 6/30/2006 10:30:50 AM
i can only agree with your last line...i felt the exact same way about someone that i have met here!i've invested 4 months of my time...everything seemed perfect.i felt like he was my soulmate!all of a sudden, after all this time the phonecalls stopped and also the roses that he kept on sending me just when we were suppose to meat eachother.we already talked about a future together and he even was talking about me moving in with him.i was and still am very dissapointed and hurt.i couldn't believe it.up to this day he still won't talk to me.the last time i tryed to call him is almost a month ago.i don't understand it and never will!this made me lose almost the last bit of hope i had to find love...and like u said...so did one of my close friends...if it seems to good to be true it usually is.any thoughts?because i'm still trying to figure this out!
 shaz 1
Msg: 485
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2006 2:51:56 PM
i am so sorry to hear about what happened to you. you must be so upset it makes me mad to hear that so many people can play a game like this . but i do have to say i have been through this before but luckly i didnt get to involved but this other guy he totaly the opposite he always there we had our first argument over nothing realy last night and i thought it had happened agai to me and he would have gone away because i was hurt and quite nastyto him,but this morning i switched on he was there saying that we would never get ride off each other .and yes i do talk to people on line other guys and i have to say none of them are like him maybe im dreaming lets hope not i am falling deeper and deeper every day and he tells me he has fallen for me .usually wen things go right for me i get let down with a big bang i hope not this time
 swee10lo
Msg: 486
Posted: 6/30/2006 4:29:44 PM
i wish u all the luck.
 summrgirl
Msg: 487
Posted: 6/30/2006 7:38:54 PM
Been there, asked that....
And i found out you can fall in love with the "idea" of someone without ever meeting. Its just as easy to misrepresent yourself on the phone as it is online...i found it out the hard way.
i am assuming that you have at least spoken on the phone?? if you have only spoken in im's you're playing with major fire...but until you've seen a person's life first hand you can never truly love all of them. lying works on the phone too.
i wish you all the best in life and love.
 swee10lo
Msg: 488
Posted: 6/30/2006 7:58:23 PM
thanks for the response! i absoulutely agree with u...but y spend all this money on flowers and all that money on phonecalls???it doesnt make sense.....if there was someone else why go through all this and even try to set up a meeting?!we live 14 hours away from eachother!!!
 shaz 1
Msg: 489
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2006 7:52:57 AM
hi as i said before ive been down this path with a guy before and he was on pof as well .he was ringing me all the time he was emailing me all the time txting as well so i know how much it was costing him we even were going to meet he asked me first .it got to the day before he was gona arrive he txt me he couldnt get a bus ticket to come meet me and he wasnt well so i left it he rang me said he was sorry bla,bla,bla then he tells me his ex kept comeing round and he called her some terrible names i just said what ever and he asked if he could come on a wed i said yes knowing he had no intention he never turned up . then i got txt mess from a woman he says was a friend she must have sent mess to wrong person i said ok and we had an argument .he rang the day after and then kept asking me to ring him all day.i rang once he rang 3 times that day and the txts were unbelievable .i realy felt this guy was in love with me wrong got to wednesday never heard from him since then he doesnt answer his phone or txt i sent him .so i am warry about some of these men but why are they aloud to get away with this this is peoples feelings that are being played with i guess they have no respect for others .this new guy i met is totaly different and i wished i kept talking to this one before the other if you get the drift so i say girls watch for the first chap the turkish accent blows you away ,please becarefull girls. i am very carefull now and i have fell for this guy as i sais in my previous messages and yes its deeper ever time we speek .i just hope this is it x
 Soul Seductive
Msg: 490
Posted: 7/1/2006 9:03:55 AM
Yes it can happen..it did to me...we talked online and on the phone..and to be honest I was crazy about her...felt like " this is it, she's the one".......didnt end up the way I hoped..but I know its possible
 honeybunn44
Msg: 491
Posted: 7/1/2006 10:04:00 AM
soul seductive:

yes it possible because it happened to me and we have been together for 5 months now.
 shaz 1
Msg: 492
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2006 10:21:51 AM
soul seductive dont worry you will find someone to share your love and open your heart it does hurt so much wen someone does something so nasty to you . well the guy i fell for on line as dissapeared i think he wont speak to me looks like i was wrong again that heart just gets trashed again oh well plenty more fish ah ah hes loss maybe someone elses gain thats the way i look at it .i wont fall so easy nxt time once bitten twice shy .we have to get up and keep going .good luck babe
 jemia
Msg: 493
Posted: 7/1/2006 11:29:20 AM
Verissa,

I do not want to sound a bit pessimistic, but reading so mouch about the different scammers
on this sight,I will be more aprehensive about any romantic declarations.
Go on romancescammers@yahoogroups.com and you will be amazed of what is going on!
When it sounds too good to be true, it really is. I would be very careful if I were you.
Good luck.

Jemia
 sweetkissess
Msg: 494
Posted: 7/1/2006 11:48:00 AM
I believe that it is possible to fall in love with someone without meeting. But you eventually have to meet them. That is the true test. My new bf is completely in love with me, because of the person I am on the inside and when we met yesterday, wow. There were definate sparks. He is an amazing person! He looked deeply into my eyes, and I thought wow, "he could be the one". He treats me like a queen, opening doors for me and holding hands with me. I was scared to meet him, but I am so gald I did.

For the first time in my life I feel the possiblity of love!!!!! And darn it I deserve it.
We agreed to go slow, so we can really get to know each other much better.
 LolaShy
Msg: 495
Posted: 7/1/2006 1:04:02 PM
Love? Possible. Lust? Definitely. Webcams can reveal a lot about a person. The way he looks at me, so intently, I melt. Looks straight into the cam, and I turn into a giddy teenager. Bites on his lower lip? Hmmmm so cute. When he smiles, I can't help but smile. We talk often, and can talk about anything. Am I in love? No. But I am sooo friggen intrigued....too bad he lives so far away.

I suppose one could fall in love with someone they have never met. Especially with all of today's technology. But to feel his real life touch and kisses, would be the real test.
 Soul Seductive
Msg: 496
Posted: 7/1/2006 3:05:53 PM
honeybunn44 and shaz 1...thank you for seeing my point, from your experience you know its very possible to fall in love with someone you never met , and that you are supportive of me finding someone I can open my heart with...Lord knows, I really cared for that woman and I had the purest intentions with her to.....but she apparently didnt feel that way ....it hurts bad!...but at least we know it is possible!
 elbon1
Msg: 497
Posted: 7/1/2006 3:39:04 PM
I believe that love is felt within the heart. doesnt require touching a person first. so I guess my answer would be yes it could happen. but what is love?? thats the real question. hears your answer.

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable and it keeps no record of when its been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every ciriumstance. Love will last forever.
 AndrewDB
Msg: 498
Posted: 7/1/2006 4:26:27 PM
I'm with the yes crowd.

I know a friend who met his wife online. (Partly one of the reasons why I'm on this site.. I don't have much of a pond around the local area.. and if the pond has a fish I'm interested in, they're taken, or don't like the nerdy/geeky type of guy that I am.. ;p

You read the first part of that right.

A friend of mine whom I've since lost contact with, met and fell in love with a woman online.

They talked for a matter of three months, he flew out to visit her on her own turf, and when he got back I knew (and he knew) that his future was sealed. Three months later she came out and visited him. Six months after that (December ironically enough) he bought a ring and asked her to marry him. She said yes, a month later they moved to where she lived and they've probably been there since. As I said, I've seen it happen.. I'm not going to admit that I've fallen in love online (I just did if you read that sentance the correct way), but I'll give you a damn good idea that yes, it's possible.
 shaz 1
Msg: 499
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2006 4:58:55 PM
soul seductive sounds stupid probably to you but try to move on you will find that special person and be in love. well i lost that guy he ran a mile i think i opened my heart told him how i felt never heard from him since oh well i will have to get back on and see if i can meet someone who wants to find love. just think of how many peoples profiles you have gone past and not tried to talk to them ive done it i went past yours ive been past a few never felt good enough because i now feel i fall in love to quick .life is to short start again xone day i know i will find real love and hope he opensup to me first lets hope x
 swee10lo
Msg: 500
Posted: 7/1/2006 6:41:26 PM
this is what i think...the ones that are out here to run game shouldn't be on da site.
in my opinion pof needs to remove the ppl that lie n cheat others with false intensions/pretenses!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?