Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CHARLIESFAVANGEL
Msg: 526
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 22 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
NO! I don't understand why people fall in love with a perfect picture. I will never fall in love with a picture without meeting him in person. What you see on the picture might not be what you see in a person. I will tell you a true story about one of my guyfriends. He was corresponding with a woman in one of the personal ad. They were both writing lovey-dovey stuff to each other for months. They were both in heat over IM. I told him many times that what he saw on the picture might not be what he expected in real life. It is better to meet in person than to go ga-ga over someone who you never meet. He tried for months to ask her to meet him, she postponed. Until oneday, she decided to meet him. It turned out she was a handicap with a lovely face. He feels sad for her, that such a lovely intelligent woman has to go through life like this. But sadly to say, he found out she is not the one for him. He told me that I am too smart, I don't overlook things like most people do. He is not in personal ad anymore and he is still looking.
 CHARLIESFAVANGEL
Msg: 527
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 7/3/2006 11:48:54 AM
Oh by the way, I don't meet my guyfriend that I am talking about in personal ad. He is my friend. I didn't find him in personal ad, if you guys are thinking about that. I introduced him to personal ad...lol He gives up personal ad after so many disappointment. He is looking for a perfect face and figure...like a runaway model. He is not the type to settle down.
Posted: 7/3/2006 11:51:07 AM
I didn't fall in love with a picture, i fell in love with a person. I had seen multiple pictures of this woman so that was not a concern for me. If anything, she was actually more beautiful when we met thn her pictures even hinted at. The bottom line for me is the personality.... I am far more attracted to the person than the collection of physical attributes they either have or do not have........There has to be a degree of physical attraction, of course.....but love goes far beyond that. Physical attraction may be what starts a relationship but it attraction to the person that keeps it going and growing.

This is possible, trust me. Just because your friend had one bad experience does not mean it is not possible. After all, that relationship was built upon lack of truth.....
 izcaz
Msg: 529
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2006 11:55:33 AM
Im sure as in everything in life there are many answers, depending on the individual. But my reply would be yes I think it is possible, speaking from experience!! The feelings you develop online and then thru phone/text etc may mask faults when you do meet this special man! Maybe thats bad, maybe its mad! And maybe its unnerving that your heart can rule your head in these circumstances. I think the whole internet dating scene is really strange, and it brings about meetings which according to your personal belief in destiny, fate, God, or whatever, would never have happened if the Net hadnt facilitated it. I think two people who were destined to be together will fall in love no matter how it happens and no matter how long it takes to finally meet in the real world.

Watch this space!
 CHARLIESFAVANGEL
Msg: 530
Posted: 7/3/2006 12:32:09 PM
I agreed in what you said, newandreadyforu. Physical attraction and attibutes are the starts of a relationship. Sadly to say, most people will go for a perfect picture to get to know a person first. If a person is homey, strangers won't come up to him/her to get to know him/her better. I bet the homey person won't get lot of mails than the attractive person.
By the way, don't worry about my guyfriend not going to personal ad. He is too good-looking. He has never lack of female companions. Anyway, he is not ready to settle down yet..... he is still
 icamoose
Msg: 531
Posted: 7/3/2006 12:38:08 PM
and in a couple of weeks time after you have met i bet there will be a question from you as too why are men are jerks...
 jingram3
Msg: 532
Posted: 7/3/2006 12:44:50 PM
before turning yourself over to love make shure hes not just saying these thing to win you over you could find a big dissapointment comeing your way if your not carfull take it from me a guy who has been looking for that special one to grow old with some men will and have said things just to get past first base
the best way to know if it is true love wait till you meet him and when you get short of breath weak in the knees and feel like you could not live without him then its love but make shure its mutual
good luck
 shaz 1
Msg: 533
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2006 12:49:20 PM
kingofaman your poem was so nice i have tears in my eyes softy arnt i x shaz
 maskndolls
Msg: 534
Posted: 7/3/2006 1:42:59 PM
Yeah I believe it can happen for the simple fact that it happened to me. The very exact same thing you imagine what it would be like while laying in bed at night and you can almost feel it all as if they were really there. I know and I have been there I met him and the very first night I met him I told him that I loved him and now only a month later we are looking at wedding things together and are so very happy and I can honestly say I have never been this happy in all my life. So yeah its very possible and best of luck to you both!

~Fiesty~
 bigpapi1976
Msg: 535
Posted: 7/3/2006 2:06:55 PM
This thread has actually happened to me recently. I met someone on this site and we IM on the site, exchanged MSN address and then talked on the phone for a couple of weeks. During this time she had told me that she was "fallin" for me and that she thought I may be "the one"! Aside that this is a lot of pressure before an actual meet, it was also a little "needy" sounding. I, however had enjoyed all of our correspondance so we decided to meet. She came to my apartment on staurday to watch a movie. Needless to say about a half hour into the movie she practically raped me. We went on a date sunday and ended up sleeping together twice more. Talk Monday and Tuesday and on Wednesday she tells me she's bought a house with her boyfriend and doesnt want to talk any more. lol! I still dont know quite what to think but if she just wanted sex all she had to do was ask! lol! So to answer your question, if you're falling in love with someone before you have met face to face there is something wrong. But hey, we're all different and maybe it'll work for you!
 shaz 1
Msg: 536
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2006 3:08:10 PM
bigpapi 1976 you poor guy there are some horrible people out there move on and meet someone else as they say plenty more fish in the sea lol x good luck to you
 albinobutterfly
Msg: 537
Posted: 7/4/2006 5:11:22 PM
i think at times ppl want love so bad that believe whatever someone tyypes on a comp is way of getting that love and when the typers says all the right things that suppose love grows when really it isnt anything at all

i personally cant fall for someone over a comp,pic,phone whatever .

you have to have that click that connection in person to know if you really have something

i have chatting with someone yahoo messenger for a few months then we met and it was nothing am i surprised no did i have my hopes up nope why? ..............because its the net its rare to find love and even more rare to keep it

i sound negative for only being 21 but hell its true.

and everyone knows it

love is possible anywhere any time but no matter its so rare

but good luck to everyone
 sweetkissess
Msg: 538
Posted: 7/4/2006 8:20:10 PM
I have to take back everything I said. He turned out to be the biggest jerk in the world. When I said I wanted to take things slow, he decided that meant I did not want him and he changed overnight.

Inculding his phone number!!!!!

Good Luck Everyone!!!!! We all need it.
 Soul Seductive
Msg: 539
Posted: 7/4/2006 8:54:16 PM
You know if I hadnt experienced falling in love with someone I never met..I would probably think it would be impossible..but from experience ..I know its not
 october-sky
Msg: 540
Posted: 7/5/2006 2:13:39 PM
Hello Silentwhisper2u and to all the others who believe that it is possible to fall in love with someone you have never met

Silentwhisper, i like what you wrote about the blind man finding a woman beautiful without ever really seeing her..and of course the answer is yes. The person that is in my heart whom i havent met loves me even when i wear my green tattered coat. (there is a story behind that coat)

I have written on this post a few times, in regard to this question. Am not able to find the posts as there are many pages.

The person that i love i have not met as of yet. We met three years ago (this fall) in an online support group. It was not a dating site. We are working on plans now to meet. There are varied reasons why it hasnt happened as of yet. There were many issues that happen in ones life that has created the gap of not meeting yet, on both of our parts.

The one constant was that we have been connected for so long, either by phone, emails, messenger, snail mail, and once in awhile a web cam. We didnt see one anothers face until months after we met in the support group. We were not looking for dating. He was helping me with computer problems. We shared many conversations filled with deepness, interests, humour, health, love etc. It was like we were together in real life the way we talked with one another.

We could sense one anothers presence throughout the day. There would be numerous "coincidences" (there are no real coincidences) where we would be picking up the phone to call one another, i would dream that he was talking to me in my left ear, the phone would ring in reality and it would be him (i hold the phone to my left ear)...many times i could swear that he was right here in my home with me, or sitting in the car with me.

Ok, i know the naysayers are going to have a good time reading this..but dont ever say "never". I was one who didnt believe in online meeting people.

There have been a few difficult times between us, there has been distance, but we have been able to talk it through. For awhile he was gone to the South to help out with Katrina Disaster (he is from the USA).

There was a miscommunication. I knew he was going, and had heard from him a couple of times from emails.

Then there was no contact-just like that - he was gone.
I was devastated and couldnt believe that he would disappear. It wasnt his character i was sure of that.

Everyone kept telling me, to forget him. I COULDNT FORGET HIM. There was too much we had shared, there was too much connectedness, there was a strong bond and i could not let that go.

I feared that he had died or was injured somewhere. I went through he** for three months not knowing what happened to him.

One day while cleaning up a box of things, i found a gift i had purchased for him, it had fallen to the floor. I cried while i picked it up and held it to me, thinking, hoping he was ok wherever he was. That day, shortly afterwards, he called. he was back home in his state. He was quite shocked that i had forgotten our last phone call, and or email. Now looking back, he did mention that he had come back home but was going back to help again.

For some reason, that didnt register/stay in my mind.

I had been dealing with my own personal traumas in regards to a motor vehicle accident for some time now. Part of that has affected the memory. (which can be a challenge for anyone who has loved ones that have had a head injury.

When he sends me a hug: or a i can feel it. I love hearing his voice. When i hear him talk to me, no matter my troubles, they all seem to be minimal. I love hearing his laughter. When he is laughing i am laughing. We share many beliefs with one another. We understand one another in many ways that i have never ever experienced with another person before.

It is interesting as he once said that he thinks of me as a cookie cutter image of himself..and that is exactly what i was thinking the same day when he said this..but i didnt want to share that with him..in case he thought i was "odd."

WE have talked about when people get together..could either be a downward spiral or an escalating one. He truly believes that it will be an escalating one and i believe that as well.

To think that we have talked for almost three years, at one time, daily, nightly, for hours on end, not just for a month or two..but for three years..and here we are together in heart and mind.

Some naysayers may come up with their words of well what if you dont like this or that about that person, well there could very well be many things about me that he might not like..but i dont feel that this will happen with him and I.

Our love for one another grew in time, and that was without pictures, without a webcam for a long time, and without meeting in a hurry. He has been there for me many times..and i cannot forget that.

We know how one another dresses, we know about our dislikes of food etc. We know that one may not be a morning person while the other is, we know that one prefers alot of quiet time, we know about one anothers habits, and we know that our love is genuine.

as silentwhisper2u has mentioned : we have five senses none more powerful than the other....each can be present or absent but does not make the reality of the emotion love less.

YES IT IS POSSIBLE TO FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE YOU HAVE NEVER MET
 D3nis3
Msg: 541
Posted: 7/5/2006 2:44:23 PM
No it is not possible.

YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH THE POSSIBILITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Catwm
Msg: 542
Posted: 7/5/2006 2:48:00 PM
Love, exciting and new, come aboard, we're expecting you............the love BOX..............

People really - it is called love in the " box " syndrome.
 Bearone
Msg: 543
Posted: 7/5/2006 2:57:38 PM
Nice. Very Nice. I like it! You sound Cute!! Nice happy hopefully clear thoughts..too tuff!!
peace to you!!! THANK YOU!
 Lovinheart
Msg: 544
Posted: 7/5/2006 3:03:20 PM
Hmmmm...ok, my two cents worth. I believe it is possible to fall inlove with someone you meet online. It has happened to me several times. No...I didn't fall inlove...they did! Fiirst time was in a chatroom. I was trying to help a lady that had a lot of problems, and it eventually led to her telling me she was inlove with me.. That scared the heck out of me, but I continued chatting with her, and soon she was calling me on the phone. I told her I wasn't interested in romance, but just trying to help. The second time was almost the same. The third time I met this young lady face to face at a friends party, but payed her no mind because she was so much younger then I. Like 36 years younger. But she found out that I chatted online, and in a few days she started chatting with me. I didn't even know it was her till later. To make a long story short...We became more then chatting buddys, and got married. Lasted for 41/2 years. We would still be married if it wasn't for my persistant feelings of guilt over the age difference. We met just shy of her 21st birthday, and I had just turned 57. We were married a year later. She was intelligent, and beautiful, and I still miss her.
 Bearone
Msg: 545
Posted: 7/5/2006 3:04:22 PM
I bet he is Great! He better "buckle his Chinstrap" if he is trying to keep up with you!!!
You dear are a "Trip" very cute but a Trip......I like your style!
 Verissa
Msg: 546
Posted: 7/5/2006 6:15:28 PM
^^^ Funny enough he is great but he needs to get his head on straight so sadly it didn't work out. It was a learning experience, one that I'm not so sure I want to repeat. In real life you meet someone and you like their exterior then get to know their inside, thought, feelings, etc...here you might not see the exterior so all you have to go by is what is on the inside. You become great friends and love who the person is inside first. I don't know but to me it hurts more to lose the soul and friendship than to lose the sex and exterior. Don't get me wrong sex is great but I find that all too often people rush into it and then thats all that the relationship is about..and they have nothing else to build on unless they really work at it..and in the begining it doesn't seem most people put out that effort anymore.

And I've met some spectacular people with kind hearts..always a pleasure to read from you October-sky...

It is possible to fall in love, no guarentee it will work out but how is that any different from any other time in life.

Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
 spauls49
Msg: 547
Posted: 7/5/2006 6:53:25 PM
Verissa - the answer to your question is simple....when you meet him you will know!

Love does not happen overnight - whether you are physically with the person or not....what you are describing does not sound like love to me - but the begining stages of a relationship that may lead to something down the line. In my opinion the question is not whether you can fall in love with someone you have never met, but whether it is a good idea to.

I really think it is always best to take the time to get to know someone and be aware that you are human, a lot of what you perceive may be wrong in the beginning stages of a relationship and the only true remedy is to take the time to see the person in all their glory or horror - so hold on to that love you think you are feeling - meet the guy, get to know him really well, and come back on line in a year and let us know the answer to your question :)

Good luck
Paul
 Gregorian Dynamite
Msg: 548
Posted: 7/5/2006 7:04:29 PM
It's incredibly naive and stupid to "fall in love" with somebody you've never met.
 ponykeeper62
Msg: 549
Posted: 7/5/2006 7:09:10 PM
What I've found is this...it's easy to fall in love with pictures and words. I was falling for someone who I'd seen pics of and talked to at length on the phone.

Let's just say when I met I was incredibly disappointed and ended our date almost immediately. He looked nothing like his pics (which looked great by the way), and he had bad teeth (wasn't smiling in the pics..wonder why?) and bad breath. Yuck. Plus he said he was 5'10" and he must have barely been 5'6" as he seemed about my height. We were supposed to go dancing...I don't think so. If I'd met him at a club and he asked me to dance I'd have turned him down.

Don't ever think you can fall in love over the phone or just by chatting. It takes being in the physical presence of someone to see if there is anything there.

Good luck, hope it works out for you, but I have to tell you, gotta wait till you see them in person. Mine is not the only horror story out there..I've heard many.
 lissa_emily
Msg: 550
Posted: 7/6/2006 9:46:30 AM
Yes it can happen.. it happend to me... I have never in my life experienced something like I did, even when I was with my ex for 7 years.

I told him things that I wouldn't tell anyone.. we had everything everyone wants.. we had a friendship and we were able to learn things about each other before it ever became physical. I was head over heels in love with this man, I have never felt that way before, even though it seems dumb that it happend and no one really understands.. but once it happens to you, then you can bash it.

Good luck, I hope it works out :)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?