Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sweetcurves
Msg: 726
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 30 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
i don't believe you can truly fall in love with someone you've never met

if you can, then i'm in love with a shitload of men including: orlando bloom, wentworth miller, will and boogie from BB etc etc

sorry but i believe you need to meet the person

anyone can be ANYONE online (even on the phone)

i was with someone for 11 months and he turned out to be a complete lie ( and we were together every day) so how can you only speak to someone online or on the phone and be IN LOVE with them

impossible
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 727
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 8/29/2006 6:18:27 PM
I think anyone who feels that they are in love with someone whom they have never met, is in for a rude awakening.
No, you are not in love, you are in love with the fantasy of being in love, with this "perfect" person.
In love with a fantasy, that's all it is.

Just listen to the real life stories!
 iamjimmytian
Msg: 728
Posted: 8/29/2006 6:36:48 PM
hi lol it is funny and amazing
 Nukem
Msg: 729
Posted: 8/29/2006 6:40:26 PM
What is thing?? a Joke?? Of course you can't fall in love with someone you never met (You can fall in love with the image they portrait themselves at)

As long as you haven't met the person its not love but infatuation.
 pebbles_2006
Msg: 730
Posted: 8/29/2006 6:50:56 PM
yes it is.

I am not new to Online dating.... my ex fiancee i met him on yahoo messenger. We corresponded to each other for over a year as friends & we call each other everyday just to keep in touch. We look forward to having to talk to one another over the net or by phone & there is no time that we dont run out of things to say...

When the time finally arrived that we would meet(Sept 2004) each other in person.... Sparks flew & we were unseperable. A month(OCT 2004) after he met me I was in the process of moving to an apartment of my own... He moved in with me & shared the apartment with me. A month(Nov 2004) after we realize that with our long distance friendship & recent change of living arrangement - he wanted to take things further... we got to ring shopping a month after & got engaged. then Dec he came to meet my family & asked my father for my hand in marriage...

Then we started our fiancee process for me to move to the US....... within that Year 2005 things were going well & the paperwork was going smooth..... but then recently the last time he was here Jan 2006 we had this huge arguement over something stupid that when he left he realize to see other ppl but never once asked me.... So he was cheating on me for 7 months that made me call off the engagement & he recently called a few weeks ago wanting for me to change heart to wanting him back in my life which I cant bec I have fallen inlove with someone else....
 canyunflyer
Msg: 731
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2006 7:01:47 PM
I would venture to say.... all the naysayer's have never experienced this... thats why they say...NO.

I have experienced it, and I say....emphatically...YES!

What do you mean...fantasy? Exchanging hundreds of long thought out emails....spending hundreds of hours on Instant messenger..... and plenty of hours either on a phone, or the audio hookup on IM......is not fantasy!! Fantasy is falling in love with Tom Cruise because you saw him in some movie...or you like his nice white smile and boyish looks!!! thats fantasy.

People can be deceptive over the internet, I aggree. But if you have any sense at all , with a lot of mails and instant messenger... you can tell whats going on. Writing can be a better pathway to the soul and spirit of a person than anything else. It is very very powerful.

Before i had an experience at this particular phenomena, I would almost certainly have been a skeptic too. But, not any more. Remember, the question was...(can you fall in love without meeting someone face to face?) It didn't say.... can you have a fulling relationship only over the internet. It just asked..can you fall in Love. You bet yer buns you can!!!! whatch out all you non-believers..... tomorrow, you just might make that contact on here or somewhere that will change your mind... and your life...forever!
 bobby7
Msg: 732
Posted: 8/29/2006 7:04:53 PM
Right! Any more "Fairy Tales"???

Damn, people need to follow the sources..Need I say more?

And, I fell in love with George Bush, without ever having seen him!
 Nukem
Msg: 733
Posted: 8/29/2006 7:11:57 PM
Ya and Im in love with SHakira...good grief
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 734
Posted: 8/30/2006 6:23:18 AM
To the ones who get mad because we say it is a fantasy, I can not recall how many times men online have told me they were in love with me, and some asked to marry me!
No, I find this very silly!
You can exchange thousands of emails, who cares, it is still a bunch of silliness, almost like passing notes in class, except - wait- at least you knew the person better! lol
Just sounds like kids' games!
 kingofaman
Msg: 735
Posted: 8/30/2006 6:58:43 PM
IT'S LUST NOT LOVE...
 brook213
Msg: 736
Posted: 8/30/2006 7:09:34 PM
Hi All...

I appologize for most likely posting this in the wrong area - I'm totally new to the cyber/chat thang and was looking for some points.

I was wondering if on POF there is an area where they post local events for singles??

Thanks!!!

Chris
 BeachDude4Fun
Msg: 737
Posted: 8/30/2006 7:12:36 PM
If we cannot fall in love with someone we have not met, then how can we fall in love with God?

Peace
 Hippos_are_nifty
Msg: 738
Posted: 8/30/2006 7:39:27 PM
Uh...I think you have to actually see the person. Would if you were falling in love with some psychotic guy? Then you'd feel really stupid. I think it's kind of weird falling head over heals for someone you've never met before...I mean, you have all these fantasies of how you think he is when really, he could be a weirdo. I suggest you meet the guy before you fall in love with him.
 shaz 1
Msg: 739
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2006 1:47:26 AM
verissa...... i remember reading thes threads when i first came on line and i told everyone ou can fall in love with someone you have never met i did and im so glad. i eventually met the guy and he lives over 280 mile away but when i first spo0ke to him on line we instantly fell in love we had so much in common and are very similar in our ways . whae we met for the first time the love was there and it never went away and im so glad because now yesterday he asked me for my hand in marrage we get engaged on the 18th sept and im so happy we both are so it can happen. i say to everyone if this happens to you take the chance and grab it. good luck to u if you do fall in love with a someone you have never met
 trueatheart
Msg: 740
Posted: 8/31/2006 1:51:20 AM
I agree with optimmistichappylady,things that seem to be too perfect to be true usually are.I'm chatting with this one guy,he seems too good to be true,he's looking for the samething I am,he tells me poetry all time,he seems too good to be true and I never met him yet but until I do I keeping my guard up because one never knows that when your just chatting with someone and never met chances are they could be making up all kinds of lies so,if someone says they love you and never met you yet,how can they love you,#1.they don't really know the kind of person you are when you get mad#2.they don't know what your family style is like even if both of you would tell eachother about everything in your life still, the one that says they love you can be just telling you things that will interest you so when you finally meet you can get hurt.
 verybubbley
Msg: 741
Posted: 8/31/2006 2:21:29 AM
I think you can "think",that you are "in love".with someone that you have not yet met...but I dont think it is possible to love someone you haven't met.we build people up in our minds...and usually when you do finally meet that person they are not exactly like how you made them up in your mind...thats why it is good to see someone quickly after chatting with them on-line.
 ruggy79
Msg: 742
Posted: 8/31/2006 3:16:36 AM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think is the answer!! ;-)
it'll be great if we could, but until u meet them, I'm afraid that ur imagination will be making them out to be perfect and everything u wanted, and their touch will seem that little bit sharper, and the kissiing almost too good to be true....u gotta experience it properly to know wot's it like....plus, come on, its a lot better in person!! ;-)
 rune3
Msg: 743
Posted: 8/31/2006 4:55:37 AM
You might 100% believe that you know them and are in love with them.
Your emotions can completely match the feelings of "being in love".
So you could well say that yes, you can fall in love this way.

BUT it's sensible to be aware, that even more than in real life, you cannot fully know someone -- your mind fills in all the gaps. If you are optimistic and hopeful, the gaps are filled with good things. If you are pessimistic and cynical, the gaps are filled with bad things. Online there are many more gaps than in real life. And worse than just 'gaps', people can come across entirely differently in person than when they are sitting at a keyboard, having time to think what to say. So you're in love with the person you hope they might be, not the person they are.

So enjoy the feelings, be hopeful for sure: hope is good.
But don't imagine that you are in love with anything other than a hope of what they might be like.
You don't know what they are like for real yet.
But nothing is wrong in hoping that you can love the reality too.
 PeaceLover61
Msg: 744
Posted: 8/31/2006 10:16:54 AM
Yes it is definitely possible....but ofcourse I dont think its impossible until you actually talk to them. A voice says a whole lot more than just an internet chat. But yes....there is such a thing as love at first sight!

Well at least in my books there is. Cheers!
 hotgurl216
Msg: 745
Posted: 8/31/2006 4:44:33 PM
girl i know how you feel, I had the same thing happened to me. I was chatting to this guy and I fell in love with his personality. I thought to him often, then I seen his picture one day and I was still attracted to him. I know that if I was to meet him berfore I knew his personality I don't think I would of found him attractive. Personality sometimes makes the person beautiful.
 US is the best!!
Msg: 746
Posted: 8/31/2006 6:37:59 PM
well yes :) when they have worked their way into your heart in other ways and then you talk on the phone and watch eachother on webcam..just smiling and laughing and reading things and crying and everything..it makes a big difference
 TaraLee610
Msg: 747
Posted: 8/31/2006 7:21:05 PM
The only question I have for you is how do you know he is being perfectly honest with you? It is very easy for people to lie on the phone and on the internet. They can be very good at it. I am just saying from experience. I am not trying to ruin this all for you, but you have to look at both sides. You are right when you say when things are too good to be true they usually are.. but I hope you are right
 Verissa
Msg: 748
Posted: 9/1/2006 11:09:43 PM
I would rather love someone for who they are than what they look like. I know people lie. It's a sad fact..and if the situation was that he had lied about who he was I might have felt different. He was who he claimed to be he's just a confused man. I don't think he knows what he wants or needs. That is ok I still am happy to have felt this way at all.

I've spent most of my life feeling very little for people. To have fallen in love with someone for who they are, not knowing what they looked like...wow, what a feeling! I have found since I met him I am more open and caring, I have since met more wonderful people. And even some that I can say I love..mind and soul for their hearts and souls...my Bradley especially...he is such a wonderful person it makes me want to be a better woman..Christina, Shai(John) my Topiary cow Mr. Moo...Princess Picklebottom..cuddly canuck...troublemaker...cynderella...all my dear friends I love them.

So YES it is possible to love someone without ever meeting them. I wish things had worked out different with the wonderful man I wrote this thread about but sadly it didn't...I love him nonetheless and for all you cynics who say it can’t happen; bite me!!!!!!
 _TDH_
Msg: 749
Posted: 9/4/2006 5:48:35 PM
Verissa. Way to go! For those that say its not real till you touch... you're too cynical. Verissa didn't say she had met the man of her life and that it was going to work out happily ever after, only that she had fallen in love.

I too fell in love with someone online... after many months of IM, emails and talking on the phone. Sadly it was I that was the confused one, and couldn't sort out my feelings till much later. I did many things I can't take back... pushed her away.

It started out as friends, we'd joke, lift each others spirits when we were down, talk about anything and everything. I didn't even have a clue what she looked like for a couple months. LOL. And when she did send me a pic... I found her very cute... something I may not have if I hadn't already talked with her and got to know her first.

We didn't profess to be attracted to each other, in fact we each were seeing others at the time. And I think that's why I finally let my heart open to her after sooo long of not letting anyone in. No pressure, no expectations, I got to see her at her best and happy... and when she was really pissed off and hurting. And I found both equally lovely.

Verissa, glad to hear you decided on your own what to believe!
 cabman86
Msg: 750
Posted: 9/4/2006 5:53:32 PM
SURE IT CAN HAPPEN. LOVE ISNT ABOUT HOW SOMEONE LOOKS ITS ABOUT THE FIT OF YOUR PERSONALITIES AND WANTS AND NEEDS.

ITS ABOUT THE AFFECTION YOU FEEL FOR SOMEONE NOT THE LOOKS. HOW A PERSON LOOKS IS ONLY A PHYSICAL ATTRACTION
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?