Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 shaz 1
Msg: 751
view profile
History
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 31 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
verissa........ it can happen and it has hapened to me i have been talking to someone on line and talked through cam and email and spke with each other on the phone we have also txt and we have met and i still feel the same about this guy if anything now my love has gotten stronger for him and we get engaged on the 18th sept and married in 2 years so it can happen and it can work. i have never been happier i love this man so much. good luck. ..........cabman86...... you are totaly right looks shouldnt matter itshould be the personality i was nervouse to meet this guy at first incase he ran lol i dont class myself as being a fit woman but i have a brill personality but now i am so glad i did meet this guy so hats of to you for saying what you did more people need to think like you .i wish everyone luck.
 ImYourAngel23
Msg: 752
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 9/5/2006 4:21:01 AM
It happens all the time !
 marshw
Msg: 753
Posted: 9/5/2006 5:22:46 AM
No Verissa, it is not possible, but you can become infatuated with the potential of what that person MAY bring to your life.
 vonnegite
Msg: 754
Posted: 9/5/2006 5:59:25 AM
Its totally possible to fall in love with someone you never met - but BUT you gotta realise you are in love with an idealised version of this person!!!
when they arent there in your face - day to day - its easy to love them - to idealise them - they can be whatever you want them to!
you can believe only the best of them!
met him - check out the chemistry and see what happens !
 gorecki
Msg: 755
Posted: 9/5/2006 6:13:48 AM
I never believed it could happen well to me any way and it has.
I now plan to travel to the otherside of the world to meet a beautiful woman.
Who Knows what I'm about to say, finishes my sentences. Likes the same things as me, same music, has similarities oh the my perfect woman from the colour of her hair to the colour of her eyes. So to take soomething from her profile and a movie we've all seen SHE (TRACEY) COMPLETES ME!
 WildOrchid72
Msg: 756
Posted: 9/5/2006 10:05:13 AM
Yes it is possible.Just be careful and don't get your heart broke in the process.All the best of luck hun.
 Kitty771
Msg: 757
Posted: 9/5/2006 10:09:04 AM
I really don't think that you can fall in love with someone that you have never met. You can have some online talking relationship with someone for a very long time. But what it really all boils down to is talk. You don't know the person, they aren't 'REAL'.
You build them up in your head as to what you want them to really be. You don't seem them in action in the real world. You have no clue what their little quirks are and how they really react to things.
I would say that it's a no go.
 angelab
Msg: 758
Posted: 9/5/2006 10:10:58 AM
Unless you're face to face with someone you're not in love with them, you're in love with what you ideally imagine them to be in your head. Everyone always presents themselves at their absolute best in a virtual-relationship, and you never get the whole story.
 Sweeter Then Honey..!
Msg: 759
Posted: 9/6/2006 9:27:14 AM
Yes I'am still here Verissa and Ty....!
I posted on another thread about this JERK....!
I did check him out and he doesn't teach at school he said, just as I expected....!
I think he played me cause I let him know I was vunerable, having lost my nephew, sister, fiance, all in 12 month period...! !
Then I moved back here from New Jersey, and got my own place!
Long story.....! but then Lost my hubby this past yr. in Jan 2006 whom I was caregiver to!
But....! U live an learn I guess and I won't be someone's fool again.....!
 rune3
Msg: 760
Posted: 9/6/2006 9:55:13 AM
Even when you're face-to-face with a person, you can't know them completely.
Even when it's face-to-face, it's still your interpretation of them that you are in love with.
Fortunately, your interpretation has the chance to become more and more accurate over time.
And sometimes, people can exceed your expectations, even after years of knowing them.
I think you just have to keep the two separate. One is a hope, an idea or dream. One is a real person.
It would be a shame to care so much for the ideal that you weren't open to appreciating the real person.
 tagurit29
Msg: 761
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2006 8:53:34 PM
In a word - YES!
And often at the least likely time, with the most unexpected person!
Call it fate, karma or destiny but sometimes you just know it is right.

In a quirky twist of fate, I responded to an email from a man on the other side of the world - not in the hope of finding love, but because he seemed funny and I thought he would be a great chat buddy.
Fate, however, had a different plan and from the first conversation I knew he was someone very special.

We cannot predict what the future holds, but I have never had such an amazing connection with someone and while I have fought it tooth and nail (for all the reasons so many other posters have pointed out) yes - I am falling in love!

I know the true test will be when we meet face to face (and yes - that is happening and not soon enough for either of us - lol)
I don't ever want to have regrets and if for some reason things dont work out, knowing him will have made it all worth it and at least I will never wonder "What if..."

bubblypersonality007
Msg: 762
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2006 9:05:54 PM
umm im not sure..there were times when i thought my feelings were true to someone until things changed and i started to feel something else..its not your fault its just that time flies by and your mind plays games with you...
 teacup_98_98
Msg: 763
Posted: 9/6/2006 10:23:30 PM
yes it is, I dont know if i would call it love, but i talk to some one and i didnt even have to see a pic , when i see his name come up on my cell i just get the biggest smile on my face , When i talk to him i feel like this 15 16 year old kid again, I havnt met him yet but going to this weekend and i have been just making myself sick over it, I like everything about him so far, and when we go to hang up i get sad and miss him , u feel dumb for feeling that way over some one u dont know , Theres times within the day i just wanna call to hear his voice but i dont wanna bug him or make him think im a nut case lol, but good luck with him .
 mermanus
Msg: 764
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2006 11:49:30 PM
It's happened to me but I had the benefit of several photos and phone conversations. Without those, Id say "no".
 DixieChick1979
Msg: 765
Posted: 9/7/2006 1:31:17 PM
Yes, it is possible to fall in love with a stranger. I met someone one on here yesterday and we talked for 8 hours straigt. what's the name of you mystery man? Mine is scott donze. the only problem is the distance. but it is nice to get to know a person first before you actually meet them.
 9vsmj
Msg: 766
Posted: 9/7/2006 5:39:10 PM
hi Verissa yes it is possible to fall inlove with some one you have never met it has happened to me twice unfortunatly both times it ended but both times i can say that it was the most wonderfull thing to have happened to me both times with me the distance was 12000 miles i dont know how far it is with you but do one thing GO FOR IT
 cmat
Msg: 767
Posted: 9/7/2006 5:48:35 PM
You can fall in love with someone you never met, but the thing is does the feeling stay after you've met. When you date online and over the phone the other person and you can hide little quirks about each other that could drive each other insane and when you finally notice it when you meet the person it's normally ends up a do or die situation with the relationship. I've been there done that, not successful... but it can succeed.
 crazylilting
Msg: 768
Posted: 9/7/2006 5:55:25 PM
Interesting question.

As there are 31 pages for this post I hope i'm not going to repeat what someone else has already said but its to much to read all that.

Any Huuuw,

To love another human being, I think we only love what people represent. of course physical attraction and chemistry as well. So if someone is online, and is representing themselves acurately, i think it is possible. There is a factor that i think is impossible to clearely interpet over long distances, but if all else is good then i think the chances are good that something may be there.

I also think that some people have addictions to internet relationships, so if you find yourself with someone online becareful. As the last poster mentioned it can be wonderful but it is over the internet. Careful with those cams.....

cheers,
crazylilting
 toriralph87
Msg: 769
Posted: 9/7/2006 8:52:32 PM
YES it is. i been there done that, had the t-shirt, note the word had... we broke up, on his account, but as for me, i fell MADLY in love with this man, he was my age, wonderful, handsome, sweet, everything i EVER dreamed of, and yet i never seen him once when the feeling come over me, i could just dream of his touch, kiss, feel, etc. and it made me melt inside, and then all over again, i could see us together, and just being there happy, as far as i am concerned i am positive that you CAN once you find the right one, some people just take longer then others... and if you feel this way, i think it is possible for someone to fall in love with someone they never met, its not the looks, its what they are like inside.
 beario
Msg: 770
Posted: 9/9/2006 12:58:11 AM
From my experience I would say yes it is possible the most important thing is both
have to be very honest about who they are to the other one. If both people portray
exactly who they are then it is possible. I met a guy and fell in love with him however
we were both very honest about who we were. When I first laid eyes on him six months
later I really already knew him from talking to him over the phone for a very long time.
The only reason it didn't work out was because of distance but to this day we are very
good friends and both agree that the time we spent together was the best time we have
ever had.
 Meface
Msg: 771
Posted: 9/9/2006 9:44:43 AM
I think you mostly fall in love with people you never met who are famous. Like the Beatles or Bob Dylan. Or Jack Nickelson or Tom Cruise. Or Jesus or Buddha, or Emily****nson, or Charlotte Bronte. I'm in love with a pretty boy from a Harley Davidson mag, but I know that's just silly. His picture is by my bed.
 forty-six and 2
Msg: 772
Posted: 9/9/2006 9:50:00 AM
For those that say you can fall in love with someone you've never met, you're not really falling in love with them, you're falling in love with the person you've created in your head.

You can talk to someone for years everyday, emails, phone calls, letters, but still you don't get to know all of them without doing things together. The parts of the person you don't know about, you fill in with your imagination. Most people don't even realize they're doing this, but we all do it.

It's that combination of what you know, what you've imagined that you fall in love with. When you meet the person, if they don't live up to the person you've created in your head, you will have troubles and quickly fall out of love, then come on pof forums ranting and raving about how people mis-reprezent themselves.
 keepingit
Msg: 773
Posted: 9/9/2006 10:12:02 AM
I have no idea how to answer this. I said "no" when the thread was first started. I've had time to think about it.
I think it's more than a one dimensional question. Maybe.
 Verissa
Msg: 774
Posted: 9/9/2006 10:17:16 AM

You can talk to someone for years everyday, emails, phone calls, letters, but still you don't get to know all of them without doing things together. The parts of the person you don't know about, you fill in with your imagination. Most people don't even realize they're doing this, but we all do it.

This happens even when you live with someone for years. The fact of the matter is that it is possible for some people to find love with another for who they are just by talking to them. It’s the soul they fall in love with. I do agree that a lot of people lie and misrepresent themselves..but does that make the other person's feelings less valid? No it does not. Wait until you meet that exceptional person..or perhaps you won't because you're too close minded. Your soul mate could be across the ocean and because you aren't looking with an open mind and heart you may miss out on the extraordinary.

Too sad for words. If it weren't for meeting this man and falling in love with his soul I might have missed out on some of the most wonderful people I have ever met. I would never have began this thread if not for him. I still love him, just can't be with him. It's too bad we would have made a very happy life together.
 heyitsdoug
Msg: 775
Posted: 9/9/2006 10:22:21 AM
I agree with smile (msg2) and hope that her ass wasn't "handed to her" too roughly!

You may think it's different for you, but I doubt it.......for me, I have to look into someone's eyes.....and you can only do that face to face. You also can't know what their touch, their kiss, or holding each other feels like until you do it......it's just how you THINK it will feel.
Yes, there's a chance you may be right......but more often you'll be wrong.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?