Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 4EVERFRIENDS
Msg: 976
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 40 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
squirrly has said something very important.....your senses......you have 5 of them for a reason...right now you are only using your hearing (on the phone) and truthfully cannot count your visual because you are only reading words....

I talked to a guy for 3 weeks...totally enjoyed talking to him...thought I had found the one I could communicate with....we laughed and talked for hours....I finally agreed to meet him and found he had no social skills whatsoever...I would not have known this if I had never met him....he made no eye contact with me or others, did not smile at me or laugh with me, he was rude to the waitresses (yes I thought maybe he was nervous and gave him a 2nd chance),talked incessantly about his ex who had called him back in July (this was October 31) and could not understand why she called (but he was over her--NOT)....nothing on the phone could have prepared me for this...No red flags went up....you can tell a lot about people when you use ALL of your SENSES inluding common sense.....

Please be careful....I hope it is different for you...if it turns out exactly how you want please let us (POF) know he was everything you dreamed of...it will give us hopeless romantics something to look forward too....

Best wishes...Kimberly
 Angeleyez4u2004
Msg: 977
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 11/15/2006 7:54:14 AM
I never thought it was possible and thought others who kept insisting that it could happen, were crazy. Having said that, I now know differently, been there, done that, got the darn tshirt and if it hadn't been for 16000 kms of distance between us, it may of worked out better. I do agree that the physical aspects are important and you can't touch or kiss or any of that other great stuff when its just online. For some the physical part of the relationship eventually happens, but for most it will never come to that. Would I ever allow myself to feel like that again for someone that far away, NO, but it was nice while it lasted and it definately taught me a whole lot about myself and life in general.
 angel???
Msg: 978
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2006 3:12:42 PM
dont expect too much and dont fantasize too much coz if u get disappointed youll just get hurt
 youandme
Msg: 979
Posted: 11/17/2006 11:52:01 AM
I did once after 4 months of long daily webcam chats,even just like that, still wonder how he is doing (sigh) he was really far away in texas. I was ready to move
 heartslovesmiling
Msg: 980
Posted: 11/17/2006 8:30:10 PM
yea i think you can...because i have ..and when we did meet there was great connection,,we talked stayed up all nite at the beach drinkung coffee, looking at the stars,we made the best love i have ever had..he past away 2yrs ago in a car accident...and iwill always remember that we fill in love before we saw each other...heartslovesmiling
 D__A
Msg: 981
Posted: 11/17/2006 10:45:08 PM
I think its possible to develop feelings, however when you meet... it could still go both ways.

Think with your head not with your heart :)

Good Luck :)
 songster101
Msg: 982
Posted: 11/19/2006 1:23:33 AM
I just want to say that Vicky is one of the greatest friend's a person could ever have. There, that change's my last post,a long time ago...
 Verissa
Msg: 983
Posted: 11/19/2006 2:17:53 AM
^^^too bad the outcome was what it was...thank you for your comments but do you believe that it is possible to fall in love with someone? I'd still like to hear my song someday.
 songster101
Msg: 984
Posted: 11/19/2006 9:31:58 PM
That song is for real, it is just not finished yet. I believe it can happen Vicky, some believe it, some don't, and some just run like the wolve's...
 lyin eyes
Msg: 985
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2006 11:04:40 PM
Yes and its also possible to get hurt,take me I just ended it.Now Im blue.Who is out here listening?
 crystalze
Msg: 986
Posted: 11/20/2006 9:40:33 AM
i totally agree, i think you can fall in love without meetin a person first. at the moment i am totally besotted with someone ive been chattin to. now i have met him i am more in love than i have ever been in my life. he hasn't lied about anything on his profile, or put a different pic on to what he looks like. when we met we knew straight away that we are in love, and we are even thinking about getting married. i say anyone that feels like there falling for someone, then go for it, dont ever hold back. its not about looks, its about who you were chattin to i should know. follow your heart, i did x
 mystery11
Msg: 987
Posted: 11/20/2006 10:48:10 AM
Its the connection,chemistery , getting on. that explains alot of goodlooking girls with ugly men Well, i need a girl who i find sexy plus getting on so any about IM me...i look btter in real life
 e is for erica
Msg: 988
Posted: 11/20/2006 11:10:16 AM
I guess in some circumstances it COULD happen, but I have a first-hand experience with this....

I started talking with a GREAT guy that lived 1800 miles away, and we really hit it off...he was completely smitten with me, and I returned the feeling.

Within a month of us talking he told me that he had just booked the trip and waas coming down to see me....

I was so excited..nervous..happy..worried...ect.

Long story short, we met, had a GREAT time, but all the romantic feelings we felt before our meeting actually disappeared, and we were left as friends....

Although he is great, I was still disappointed by the whole thing. It is such a great feeling to be on cloud nine knowing that there is someone out there thinking about you and thinking that you're great.

I will never even think that there is a POSSIBILITY of loving someone I've never met again.

Just my experience.
 KCs_Eternal_Optimist
Msg: 989
Posted: 11/22/2006 4:30:37 PM
Before I had this same kind of an experience, I would have been envious that I hadn't felt this way before. But since I've experienced it, I realize that what you're describing just can't be love. Everything after the first and before the last sentence is a fantasy.
Have the two of you gone through something tragic together?
Have the two of you gotten past some heated arguments?
Have the two of you felt that physical chemistry between the two of you (phone sex doesn't count)
Have the two of you had a chance to create memories that the two of you would share forever?

Answer yes to all of those (and a dozen more in my mind), and then I'll tell you that maybe you do got the real thing.
 CINDERELLA48
Msg: 990
Posted: 11/26/2006 10:30:21 AM
I personally believe you can really like a person whom you have been talking to and sharing important things about youself, but love is something in my view that happens with being close to that person. The feel of there hand touching yours, knowing they would never leave you because that person has been there for you through really hard times. Sure a person can sound good and say the right thing to get your interest, but its the smile on there face, the touch of there skin and that special look in there eyes that lets you know you are truely special. Sure you can have strong feelings for someone you have not met, but perhaps they are trying very hard to get on your good side. I believe you must have that certain chemestry and that only comes from spending real quality time with a person. After all a person is not truely real until you have seen them with your eyes. I believe pictures and words can be deceitful, but spending time with someone and getting to know them is good. Life is short so I say enjoy it while you can. If I felt like I could have feelings for someone I had not met, just imagine what could happen when we meet. This is only my thoughts of course.
 gentlelady12345
Msg: 991
Posted: 11/26/2006 11:39:38 AM
Sorry...it's fantasy until you meet.
 sanmale
Msg: 992
Posted: 11/26/2006 11:50:19 AM
I think its called infatuation..no its not possible unless u are delusional in relationships
 Verissa
Msg: 993
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2006 3:55:37 PM
Ok so it took me an hour or so but I read through the whole thread and as it turns out she did meet the guy so I guess it wasn't completely infatuation...but what I'd like to know, as he has apparently posted on here as well is whether or not he loved her the same? He is still posting, and so obviously they are still trying to work something out, what is happening?? Are you still trying? Do you still love him? I saw that you two were going in different directions, is there still a chance that it might work out and give us all hope? Hopefully one of the two of you can answer this question.
 Heathdb
Msg: 994
Posted: 11/27/2006 1:52:40 AM
Lol, I disagree with you on this one. It is totally possible. If it wasnt possible then she wouldnt be feeling that way. Maybe it isnt possible for you but apparently it is for her. Of course they are jsut a fantasy, isnt that what any relationship is anyway. A fantasy that is made up by your perception of who that person is and what they do for you. If that wasnt the case then the first person you were in love with you would still be with but somewhere along the way they proved to you that the fantsy that you created wasnt an accurate depiction of what was really going on. The fact is it is and always was a fantasy. To me that is exciting news becasue if it is all a fantasy based on our beliefs and perception we can live that fantasy however we want to and make whatever we want possible. So I say to you...wanderer of love that you are loving that person and enjoy it as long as you want to have it and if the time ever comes to move on to someone else enjoy that too. Then look back at the past and be thankful for what youve had in your life and the oppertunities that were made available:) Just a thought.

Shiningnight
 TexRaceMan
Msg: 995
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2006 2:00:57 AM
I'm going to say yes. I've never met Christie Brinkley.
 _Arch_
Msg: 996
Posted: 11/27/2006 2:02:26 AM
take it from me, it is possible.

but it's 10X harder to keep that love
 songster101
Msg: 997
Posted: 11/27/2006 3:23:06 AM
O.K. you all want answer's,,,follow your own heart. I say it is possible.I see it in her eye's and smile. I woulda never thought so, before i met Vicky...She is an absolute sweetheart.
 jasonman74
Msg: 998
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2006 3:58:48 AM
Yes I think so,but it is rare. If u r looking for LTR it is better to get to know someone before the touching begins.jmo.good luck.
 PerfectFitz
Msg: 999
Posted: 11/27/2006 5:40:15 PM
A while ago, I would have said "no,way"

But I'm starting to think that it is totally possible. If you connect with someone who is your ideal match, you get along perfectly, have crazy and laughter filled convos and just get the butterfly feeling whenever you hear from them.... then I dont see why not!

Luvz Ya Baby
 xXmentalXx
Msg: 1000
Posted: 11/27/2006 5:46:53 PM
Fall in love with someone you've never met hmmm thats a tough one but well my girl hit stole my damn thought so ya um....... damn you perfectfitz!!!!!!!!!

I loves fresh cut lettuce and you sweetheart
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?