Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 151
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 7 of 61    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Because given the circumstances of what this kind of environment is, the number of people on here just looking for a booty call, etc... it isn't likely to find a substantial relationship here. Despite everyone who will now say who they met and they've been together for 2 years, yada yada.... 2 years? I have socks older than 2 years. Talk to me in 2025 and tell me if you are still with a guy you thought you loved from an internet dating service.

Is it possible? Everything is possible.

Is it likely?

If you believe in those kind of odds, play your state's lottery often.
 Bandito
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 3/29/2006 2:41:35 PM
Love comes in different shapes, forms and colours. It is the single most powerful word yet totally ambiguous and subjective in dimension and intensity.

No dount people meeting on-line abd falling for each other are in-love. Is it exactly the same love as it would be if they were together I would say probably not?. Does that make it wrong or less meaningful? No, not at all

Peace and love where ever it exists is better than sorrow and loneliness

Love
 BambiWoods
Msg: 153
Posted: 3/29/2006 4:48:51 PM

Im gonna throw this out to everyone(I didn't read all the posts for this thread so hopefully no one else has brought it up) but from what I understand people are saying is that in order to love someone you have to meet them, in other words see them in person and spend time with them. What about people that are blind, they don't have the luxury of seeing someone, or seeing expressions, they simply have conversation, which is pretty much all that getting to know someone over the computer is. So ya I guess I say it is completely possible as long as both parties are completely honest, why couldn't it happen?

good point.
 picker_grinner
Msg: 154
Posted: 3/29/2006 4:56:22 PM
Every day of the week.
I'm writing a book, 'What is Love?'. I anticipate it will be a Best Seller.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 155
Posted: 3/29/2006 5:01:48 PM
The thing is, until you meet in person, you don't really hear the inflection in the voice, see the look in the eyes and facial expressions... Virtual conenctions are just not tactile enough. You can fall in lust or even into your idea of love, which likely changes with your level of lonliness, but honest deep down love, I doubt it.
 Re-AnimatingKain888
Msg: 156
Posted: 3/29/2006 7:58:35 PM
(141) jacktraven

This is the most logical post in this entire forum...You got it
 867love
Msg: 157
Posted: 3/30/2006 9:26:14 PM
ahhhhhh -DAISY DUKE if you had only looked my way, we could have had something. now all i have to remember you, is reruns on CMT.......
 wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 158
Posted: 3/30/2006 10:32:44 PM
I think your letting your hopes run away with you. I truly hope it does become what your wishing for, but as they say love is blind and you may want to wait to see the reality of this person before you lose your ability to use reasonable judgement. I do believe you can become extremely infatuated with someone you haven't met, but the spark of real contact must be there for it to go further. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a hopeful romantic, as long as you keep your wits about you.
 QuanYinsChild
Msg: 159
Posted: 3/30/2006 10:39:54 PM
As long as his name isn't Mike and he's from the UK with a slew of reasons of why he hasn't ever been in love before - you're probably safe enough. If any of this sounds remotely familiar ... IE: deep voiced UK accent with a perfect line for every thing ... put on your Nike's and take up running ... and grow a really thick skin. Too good to be true - is. And until day 15 is there - I'll be praying for you ...
 sensually_urs
Msg: 160
Posted: 3/30/2006 10:48:13 PM
Well, I've got to say, this one is VERY VERY close to my heart....

Two years ago, I 'met' a guy in the States (I live in Australia) on line... trust me, I fell in love more than ever in my life before (and relationships have never been a problem:) - we spent between 8 and 9 hours a day either on line, on the phone, or text messaging! We could feel each other breathe, knew what the other would say next and loved completely and absolutely!

This state of euphoria lasted 4 months... then for no apparent reason, he changed his mind! My stupidity, he was not long out of a marriage - I was the classic 'pick up the pieces' scenario, I was even alert to this and questioned the intensity many times... only to be assured it was 'real'...

To this day, the thought of him makes my heart miss a beat.... and the sound of his voice reduces me to tears...

So, can you fall in love with someone you've never met... My answer is a resounding YES!!
 lorilovesdaisies
Msg: 161
Posted: 3/31/2006 7:31:33 AM
people that think are in love with movie stars etc are infactuated

u cannot fall in love with someone never meeting them in the flesh
not to be a ****, but get real

dont mistake wanting to be in love with actually being there

being in love with someone would make u want to be with them i would imagine, u have never even seen the man brush his teeth!!!

good luck
 April64
Msg: 162
Posted: 3/31/2006 7:36:37 AM
Nope you cannot fall in love with someone you have never met in person. You can be in lust. There are so many other things about a person that you cannot possibly know until you meet them in real life.
 cute_thang1
Msg: 163
Posted: 3/31/2006 7:53:17 AM
Okay, I really hope all goes well. Just be careful and keep an open mind. You can feel pretty intense about the way someone voice sounds, the way they compliment you even though you are down on yourself, the way they tell you how much they care and feel about you.
But keep in mind there are sooo many more roads to cross, so yes you can feel very intense about someone in this stage. But when you love someone, it is because you love them with all the barriers. That is having met them, interacted etc. Keep your mind open to it but also know that it could crash at the drop of a dime. Some are true to their word and some are liars, I hope in your case it's the sooner rather then the later. But be careful!!! Also remember people will comment based on their experiences but that does not necesarily reflect what will happen in your case. Keep us informed!!
 Scheherrazade
Msg: 164
Posted: 3/31/2006 9:08:33 AM
There is a lot to be said for Chemistry.

I'm a computer tech and spend way to much time on line. I got caught up in the fantasy and fell in love on line. We talked for six months and really knew each other well. When we finally met, personally he was everything I expected him to be and more. Then he kissed me. Its not that he had bad breath or was unclean, he took very good care of himself and dressed to the nines. But his own natural scent was offensive to me. Every person has their own subtle natural scent and in this case ours just clashed. Soon the relationship just lost what ever had started it. We are still friends but thats it. Some pheremones are just not compatible.

A year later I meet a guy on line and now I am very cautious because I do not want that to happen again. We become very good friends and we talk almost daily for a year. I get attached to him but am very careful to not let it get into the extreme personal relationship I had had before. Then one day his computer breaks and he brings it to me to be fixed. One kiss and I jump right off the cliff head first into love. His scent is like an aphrodiasiac to me. He can walk by me and my nose will follow him across the room. The sexual compatiibility was like fireworks at the fourth of july.

Your mind can fall in love but your body does not always follow the plan. Until you touch, taste and smell the person, you'll never know if your chemistry is compatible.

Seduce my mind, you can have my body. Touch my soul and I'm yours for life.
 Halfevl333
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2006 9:12:45 AM
Verissa on 3/21/2006 732 PM
"I've met a wonderful man. I find myself falling deeper and deeper. He is everything I never knew I always wanted. And yet we haven't met face to face. Is it...even plausible...to fall in love without ever meeting someone? The thought of their touch burns you up, the thought of their kiss makes your knees weak...and oh my, the thought of holding them in your arms is too good to be true. I tell him my weaknesses and he makes me feel strong. I tell him my faults and he thinks that they are cute and I'm wonderful. How can someone make you so happy and fulfilled when you've never laid eyes on one another? Is it possible?"

Well, I haven't read all the answers to your post, but I will add my 2 cents... Yes you can fall in love with someone you have never met. I call it "Fantasy Love". Our brains are the biggest sex organ we have, and it can create anything we "want to happen". Are your expectations real? Maybe, but I seriously doubt it. You have created this fantasy lover who is the answer to all your dreams. If and when you meet, be aware that he may not live up to your expectations that you have created in your mind. In our dreams, the other person has no odors, doesn't leave clothes laying around, and is perfect. In real life, well, I hope you know what people are like and realize they are far from perfect. So, go ahead and dream about your white knight on his charger sweeping you off your feet and carrying you off to his castle to ravish your body and leave you in ecstasy…but don’t expect this knight to really show up…

daylillies
Msg: 166
Posted: 3/31/2006 9:13:26 AM
so true^^^^ like i said physical contact...says it all.
 AlonenotLonely
Msg: 167
Posted: 3/31/2006 11:57:38 AM
Verissa, I wish you luck and please be careful!

I agree with those saying this is more like infatuation and fantasy. Relationships are something that take place over time, and love is something that happens not just because you admire certain qualities in someone, or because they compliment you and seem to adore you... I think love happens when you know you can still love that person when they're having a bad day, have bad breath, stand beside them when they need you most, etc.
I was reading another forum on unconditional love. I think that is a fleeting feeling, and constantly growing and changing. I think most of us strive to give unconditional love, but it's not humanly possible to do all of the time. That's why we made up the idea of God and Jesus (sorry to offend Christians, this is just my belief). I love my kids unconditionally, but sometimes I don't like them much (not often). I try to love and accept everyone with acceptance and non judgement but it's a struggle at times. And just because I love somebody doesn't mean I want them in my life.
As long as you "love" someone you never met, I think you're in that unconditional love stage since it's so easy to do.
Good luck again and let us know how it goes!
 josephg
Msg: 168
Posted: 3/31/2006 12:12:22 PM
Yep happen to me a couple monts ago.We met a couple weeks ago and spent them toghther. we're planning to be married in a few of months.We have so much in common it's unbelieveable.When we talk to each other .More ofthen then you'd ever expect, we say the same, thing at the same time to each other.
Just on the same wave lenth,all of the time.I also got an added bonus.her six year old daughter.Who has never known a father.Now, as far as I'm concerned ,shes my daughter.I love her as if, see was my natural daughter.
So don't let anyone dismay you.It can and does happen.Go for it!
Good luck.
Joe
 josephg
Msg: 169
Posted: 3/31/2006 12:21:21 PM
To smile with youe eyes'
Sorry but you are so wrong! You may smile, with your eyes.But, if you really want to see.You must ,frist open up your mind and heart and believe in the unbelieveable.
Joe

josephg
Msg: 170
Posted: 3/31/2006 12:26:46 PM
TO QPTIMISTIC HAPPY LADY

Bingo!

jOE
 josephg
Msg: 171
Posted: 3/31/2006 12:35:42 PM
ASK JOAN OF ARC?

Why bother
Msg: 172
Posted: 4/1/2006 10:10:22 AM
Are you out of your mind ?
You can develop a strong curiosity and anticipation of a first meeting but what if he snorts when he laughs or has a voice like PeeWee Herman?
You can't fall in love with a bunch of typed lettering because I know for myself that I can say alot more to a computer screen than I can in person.
This avenue of communication takes the reality out of a face to face and if the other person don't like what you're sayin ,it's too easy to just "click" and gone.
Face to face creates a whole different world.Bottom line...sure there's great people but love from chat...nope
 shihapoogirl
Msg: 173
Posted: 4/2/2006 10:02:22 AM
It's possible to fall in like with someone you have never met, but I believe that you need to meet in person to see if there is a physical connection to match your emotional connection. I have talked to many through email and on the phone and really liked what I was learning about that person....but meeting in person is the key!! Least from my experiences. Best of luck to you!
 YrOfTheDragon
Msg: 174
Posted: 4/2/2006 11:14:14 AM
I agree - Most guys (if they have any sexual or romantic imagination) fantazise about the woman of their dreams, etc. But until you REALLY TRULY connect and be in the moment every step of the way with a woman whom you've just met, and know and feel the sparks rise - then and only then will you know for sure if the relationship will go somewhere.
Too often people - especially online dating 'window shop' women are WORSE for this than guys..I think!!
In big cities - its all about upgrading - see if I can "do better" - hey that's ok, but its a big world many distractions - and only f you are mature and secure in yourself will (a guy) really try to focus on reality - instead of some doopy idea that you can fall in love without being with anyone...
 YrOfTheDragon
Msg: 175
Posted: 4/2/2006 11:18:55 AM
Nice post buddy!!! awesome - exactly - free sex or short term sex/boyfriend-girlfriend stuff thru online dating doesn't last long - its like shopping at the market...good for a bit - but the odds are low. Becuase its EASY: you found someone off the net - you meet, if you're not real or know what you can offer - it gets stupid and shallow.
Real long term relationships probably occur under more REAL circumstances - like a social function, party, something. The web is a place where you can play games - and no one can tell. Sad but true.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?