Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men Are Jerks!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Riff-raff
Msg: 26
Men Are Jerks!Page 2 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I would just like to, on behalf of men ask you to please not generalize. I don't feel like goin off on an anti women tirade because of what a few have done to me. It's an individual thing, not a sexist thing.. thank you.
 batemen
Msg: 27
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 12:42:00 PM
"Two sides to every story "
 ladykanuck
Msg: 28
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 12:51:10 PM
Do your parents require that anyone you meet or date meet them first? If so, I can understand that - this can be a risky way of meeting someone, there's many predators on the internet - but on the other hand, unless you're upfront from the start that it's a requirement that should a guy want to meet you, that he has to pick you up at your home and meet your parents, you have to expect that if you break it to him after you've been corresponding that he might be freaked out. In addition, many guys will not feel comfortable going to a gal's home to meet her for the first time - for obvious reasons. There's just as many nutty women out there, too.

It's best to meet somewhere public. If it's okay with your parents, discuss meeting a guy your age at a public place with a group of friends - invite the guy to bring along some of his if that makes him feel more at ease.

And by the way, the "lollipop" picture is kind of sketchy to me - you're opening yourself up to attracting pervs with that one.
 Gotapulse
Msg: 29
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 2:26:47 PM
I remember going on a date once with a girl who didn't tell me beforehand that I'd be sharing our time with ten of her best male friends. Had I known that, I wouldn't have wasted my time going. Consequently, I learned then and there that there is no such thing as a date with somebody when there are more than two people attending. Meet the parents first thing ? What are you nuts ? Would you like to go on a date with his parents for the first meeting ? Sounds great.

As for the rest of the post about how all men are jerks and blah blah blah...stop whining and examine your own behaviour here. If after you learn what an actual date is and they still don't show up then who knows.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 30
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 2:43:56 PM
Please whoever said title should be people can be jerks, right on. Whoever said lose the few pounds, that's the second stupidest post here.
The OP is 18, how much relationship experience does she have, living at home with parents hanging around and all. Geez, probably drew this conclusion about men based on a few. OP, if you want a sweet guy, like your headline and profile says trust me you're using the wrong bait. And don't think the guys won't read your forum posts, even jerks aren't necessarily stupid. You aren't doing yourself any favors, if that's how you've formed your opinion about all men, what are you doing here? Looking for one more jerk, I suppose. It's really bizzare to read of an 18 y/o talking about being driven to drink. Geez, I feel sorry for your liver when you hit 50 y/o! You are in dire need of attitude adjustment. How would you feel if these guys you labeled jerks posted what they thought about you? Would you be comfy with that? I think not.
 kitkat34
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 2:45:00 PM
well im apolled at figment boy do u have some nerve this girl is telling how it is and this is what u say i bet u need to lose some weight ur self buddy maybe guys or gals should not go by looks that is wrong and yes men r jerks cuz they blow too many nice sweet woman out of the way why? how rude would u like us girls to blow u off? thats not lady like so men should respect woman otherwise out the door u go i am shocked of how men treat us i just want a nice sweet respectable men even if im not attractive it should be by her personality and other traits not by her weight this woman is a nice woman give her respect im for her because i know most men r pigs believe me i know seen them - done that guys give us a break and shower us by what were like from the heart not from the body bye sarah
 Riff-raff
Msg: 32
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 2:53:46 PM
KitKat once again, please refrain from the men are jerks thing. Its sexist to think that only men can be this way. Its a gender generalism to lump us all together. Now as for your judge us from the heart not the body.. I'm sorry, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There has to and I mean HAS to be some sort've physical attraction for there to be anything else.
Don't be so shocked at how you're treated by the opposite sex.. it happens to all of us no matter the gender.
One last time.. I've been treated like sh!t by women before, but I do NOT lump all women into the same category. I would appreciate the same.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 33
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 3:00:20 PM
Alright if I may, can I apologize on behalf of the women, like myself who actually LIKE men? Yeah, honestly some of us think that guys are just great, even with those who aren't, overall most men are fine just like they are. They just want to be appreciated, just like women do. I don't think it's too much to ask, really. Neither men or women are born hating the opposite sex, all guys aren't jerks and all women aren't bothces. And saying they have become that based on a few bad experiences with the opposite sex is just well...ignorant. Go ahead and be like that and miss the great ones. More men for those of us who like them, I already have my own darling man. You're only cheating and fooling yourselves. Too bad for you.
Oh and please don't think that all southern women or women who live in Florida (EEK!) act like this!!!
 suddenly
Msg: 34
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 3:01:49 PM
Figment..

that's a terrible thing to say. That's one reason why people have such low self esteem, people like you telling them the only way to attract someone is if they look hot.

Not nice!!!!
 Hayzeus
Msg: 35
People Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 3:25:46 PM

yes men r jerks cuz they blow too many nice sweet woman

Me too...that happens to me too.....only...women do it to me. Wierd, don't you think?

would u like us girls to blow u off?

they do....all the time.... but I'm not foolish enough to believe that this means "all girls are biotches." I don't even think the ones that blow me off are biotches....they just aren't interested in me...and THAT'S THEIR GOD-GIVEN RIGHT!!! I will respect their right to blow me to the bitter end... I meant "blow me off."

men should respect woman

This should say "People should respect other people"

i just want a nice sweet respectable men even if im not attractive

I just want a nice sweet respectable (and cute) woman even if I'm not attractive

i know most men r pigs

Thanks, I love it when ignorant fools that have NEVER EVEN MET ME call me a pig. It's really making me feel the love. And don't even get started with the "I said MOST men" bullcrap.

guys give us a break and shower us by what were like from the heart

Ditto.

OT: Sorry for the excessive quotes and sarcasm...it's just that guys and girls are always posting so much hate towards each other here. It's depressing and taxing to continue reading it over and over again. It's a wonder that we've survived as a species at all...

I love you all...even the ones that blow me....off.

Play Nice, and keep smiling (show your teeth (but don't use your teeth)).
Hayzeus

=====================
All you folks think I got my price
At which I’ll sell all that is mine
You think money rules when all else fails
Go sell your soul and keep your shell
I’m trying to protect what I keep inside
All the reasons why I live my life
=====================
 Riff-raff
Msg: 36
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 3:32:03 PM
Bucsgirl... Big azzed hugs for you. Thank you for finally saying somthing sane. i was getting to the point that I was starting to think, hey, maybe I am an ass just because I have a penis.. LOL.. what with all the threads these days. Thanx for being you.. :)
 sexycherry23
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 3:38:09 PM
hey,
yes some are jerks..but some guys are real sweet. i dated this one guy who i was friends w/ for longtime and after he broke up w/ me he hurt me and said we can still be friends....and we talk a lil ,but its werid to talk to him as a friend cuz we were sooo close....and he is a nice guy sometimes but sometimes can be a total jerk to me and dosen't talk to me and sounds like he dosen't want nothing to do w/ me. but on the other hand. i was today at church and was talking to one of his friend and this one gurl told me that it looked like he and me liked each other. and maybe he does cuz he was hanging around the coffee place were i work after church,.....but my ex told me alongtime ago he isn't into me....that i am too shy...but maybe cuz he would be jealous if i date his friend prob....well maybe i will see if he likes me next week.:) tata for now take care gurl
 terminallycute
Msg: 38
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 3:38:51 PM
I say have a piece of cheesecake and all your worries will drift away. :)

Winter Sparkle..

You make me laugh everytime I read your posts... I think your great!! You go girl!!

Just dont turn me into a lesbo or drive me to drink like those men that southerncherry is talking about ok!!

bucsgirl
Msg: 39
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 3:52:41 PM
Well I've dated a few jerks myself. But I also have had some wonderful men in my life, have the best ever right now!! Anyone who lets their attitude be tainted by a few bad experiences well just isn't being realisitic. And riff, don't believe what you read here, consider the source. Some get mad, some turn bitter and some just realize that's one experience with one person.
 Atone74
Msg: 40
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 3:56:23 PM

Lose the "few extra pounds" and they'll show up.

This really was an uncool thing to say man, at least she has a pic on here you a$$hole. It's men like you I love to get in the ring with, knock some of that cocy attitude out of you..

OP: Sorry about your situation, but I agree with most of the folks here, metting parents can be hard. But, in your defense, he could have been man enough to call you, I would have..
 lazyboy
Msg: 41
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 4:01:09 PM
Women and hotties are NEVER treated like dirt.

What's with these anti-male bashing posts anyway? And I noticed that the same
women tend to post their replies on these types of threads without fail.

If you don't like the opposite sex, you can always try becoming gay....not that
there's anything wrong with that.
 sistersunshine
Msg: 42
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 4:03:53 PM
i know more woman that are jerks than man........... let me tell you
 ~crazychic~
Msg: 43
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 4:07:34 PM
some people are only jerks to ya if u let em be.......i know alot of women that are jerks and alot of men that are as well....we all learn from our mistakes...well sometimes lol..........now group hug everyone
 MarilynPa
Msg: 44
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 4:25:42 PM
I think the problem is that a lot of people THINK they want to start a relationship but once the actual process begins, it scares the hell out of them and they run in the other direction.

I have had a lot of people contact me. We email, chat.. maybe even talk on the phone and then when we get to the meeting part.. NADA.. I even had one guy tell me that he'd never had the nerve to meet any of the women he'd contacted. He'd been on line 2 years at that point. He talked, chatted, emailed etc a lot of women..but he was too scared to follow through.

The other day I saw someone I'd like to meet (on this site) He was exactly the type of man I've been looking for. He contacted me- I wrote back.. He gave me his email and his phone #-I gave him my email and my phone number. He's disappeared off the face of the earth. I don't want to call- because if he was truly interested all he'd have had to have done was email me.. but I just don't understand...

And I've heard it from the men too- women are just as afraid to meet people too- but my question is.. what are we all doing here if we're not looking to meet someone?
 SouthernCherry
Msg: 45
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 4:33:09 PM
for the record i dont hate men i was just be sarcastic about the saying that some of the men whos "woman will drive you to drink" as far as me turning lesbian im not going too i was just being sarcastic again.but thanks for everyone that did reply and put ur two cents in.also i dont hate all men and not all men is bad.Yes there are some good or some bad.i posted to see other woman has ever felt that way b4 or has even been in that scene b4.Yea some woman can be jerks to guys so its not all a men thing its normal and everyone can be jerks at time so i didnt mean to pent it all on the men.if it did im sorry to all the guys.
 Nik39
Msg: 46
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 4:42:23 PM
tsk tsk tsk.. looks like someone needs a happymeal..
 Aurora73
Msg: 47
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 4:47:11 PM
What are we doing here if we're not actually going to follow through? Spending a few hours of our week entertaining ourselves. But seriously, for some folks it's all about the game. Those are the people you see who are 80 years old at Vegas, playing the slot machines all night...

~Aurora
 the horned one
Msg: 48
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 4:48:40 PM
msg 34 you can never! blame! your LOW SELF ESTEEM! on other people! it's yours and yours ALONE! SORRY!
 Billbug
Msg: 49
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 4:51:41 PM
Ok. I feel better now and promise I won't be a jerk.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 50
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/26/2006 4:51:41 PM
I don't think that's what she meant, horny. People with low self esteem because of their appearance get ever more hurt by rude remarks like that.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men Are Jerks!