Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Fortune Tellers are Evil?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Arabianangel
Msg: 126
Fortune Tellers are Evil?Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I dont think 'evil' is the right word to use here, its obvious there are some very gifted people out there, I could write a book myself on some experiences i have had, funny enough its never been tarrot but more so coffee reading....my auntie has always been acurate she has never taken a cent from anyone........i dont know how and why some have it and others dont, but can i assure you, there have been times where i have avoided having coffee at her place when ive had a few issues going on in my life that i didnt want family to know about.
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 127
Fortune Tellers are Evil?
Posted: 6/20/2007 5:39:17 AM
The word you're looking for isn't evil, it's charlatans.
 skarlott
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2007 2:17:31 PM
The Bible is not wrong...it is judgmental people who are wrong......

I am a palmist/psychic and I am very spiritual, I am Christian....I believe that we all came from Pagan ways/beliefs....the bible as we know it has been changed so many times!!! Henry VIII wanted it changed because the Catholic church would not let him divorce and basically made his own religion....King James had several scholars (some think maybe even Wm. Shakesphere) to assist him in changing the bible, taking books out of it...etc check it out....weird huh??? So I have put in my 2 cents worth....have a Blessed day
 skypoetone
Msg: 129
Posted: 6/20/2007 2:58:23 PM
Only when they give me the wrong lottery numbers.
 WhiteGirl420
Msg: 130
Posted: 6/20/2007 3:13:50 PM
op---

Ok i always recall my pastor, my mom,my dad, and everyone else telling me that witches and fortune tellers were evil and followed satan.

Witches are definitly evil. If they are not of God then they are of the devil. I saw a documentry once on a group I thnk they were called wiccas they were dancing around a fire naked as they cut off chicken heads and poured the blood over their body. It was a ritual they did. I am sure it is not of God they cast spells and curses. It is scary stuff that you should stay away from. As far as fortune tellers go I would say if they are of God then they are good. I would want to know where they get their power from is it from the evil spirits or from God. The prophets you spoke of got their power from God so they were not evil.

Best read the FAQ for this forum before you post yourself out of existence, please note the rule concerning Exclusivity of Truth
FAQ - RELIGION FORUM

Forum Moderator
 Alpina
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2007 3:43:48 PM
I think one of the greater things Harry Houdini did in his life was his work debunking fortune tellers, mediums, and psychics.

Heh....just learned this from a google search: fortune telling is illegal in the state of New York.
 skypoetone
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/20/2007 3:52:56 PM
Whitegirl...

Sorry, but not all witches run around naked and cutting off chicken's heads. White witches are very environmentally friendly... did you know that? Now what they get up to in the privacy of their own homes... Whaoo! hahaha! That maybe something else.
 chinua
Msg: 133
Posted: 6/20/2007 3:54:51 PM
whitegirl- who did that documentary?? Bet it was a bunch of fanatical christians. I've been to rituals; and no such thing happened. What is evil is people who spread crap like what you saw..............and what you are perpetuating by not thinking for yourself. ( I'd like to know who 'everyone else' is!!!)
BTW; its wiccans; not wicca....and not all of them do 'fortune telling'. No; they are not of the devil- thats a christian thing; made up by christians to scare people .
As for the poster above; yes there are fake psychics and mediums...............just like there are fake everything else. Doesn't mean there aren't real ones.
 Alpina
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2007 3:57:07 PM
Update on my comment regarding legality:

http://www.northcountrygazette.org/articles/062906PsychicsCharged.html

QUEENS---Three Astoria women claiming to be psychics have been charged with fortune telling following an investigation in which undercover officers posed as clients interested in obtaining readings. In one case, it is charged that the alleged psychic defrauded one of the officers of more than $1,000 by claiming to be able to perform exorcism rites to remove evil spirits.

More details in the link.
 MrBad_Kitty
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2007 4:13:53 PM

Witches are definitly evil. If they are not of God then they are of the devil. I saw a documentry once on a group I thnk they were called wiccas they were dancing around a fire naked as they cut off chicken heads and poured the blood over their body.

*twitch* and christianity is polythestic faith about death and destruction. throwing out a generalized blanket statement like that is pretty stupid, esp w/o references. Then again, reading from your other posts, its to be expected.

as far as the chicken head thing, thats voodoo or voodon (depending the part of the world you are from). They typically support animal sacrifice. Voodon is a mixture of African and Christanity. Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voodoo

Pagans and Witches have a high respect for life in all its forms. Animal sacrifice is out of the question and never supported. Even the chruch of Satan doesnt even support animal sacrifice. Heck christians practice animal sacrifice far more often then Wiccians and Satan worshipers ever do.

Example: Farmer Brown runs a poultry farm in New England. Every Thanksgiving (a national holiday), family members from far and wide come to visit, give thanks and enjoy the traditional dinner. The morning the guests are about to arrive, Farmer Brown grabs the largest turkey he can find and chops off its head with an axe, then prepares the bird for his guests. When the guests arrive, they all sit down, say a prayer, "Bless this, Thy bounty which we are about to receive."

Now the scene I just described is fairly common. Could this be ritual sacrifice? Of course, the religious zealot will rant, "Ritual sacrifice occurs during or prior to the act of killing!" So, let's clarify; If Farmer Brown bowed his head and said a little prayer to sweet Jesus before he chopped the turkey's head off, that would be a ritual sacrifice and therefore, a crime against god and nature. Brown should wait until he is about to eat the roasted carcass, standing as head (priest) of the household, before a long table (altar), saying a glorious prayer before the entire family (congregation). If a rabbi performs a kosher killing at the local slaughterhouse, it's called "Passover."

If you have the power to do good, why not use it?
 readyfordating
Msg: 136
Posted: 6/20/2007 4:39:36 PM

Witches are definitly evil. If they are not of God then they are of the devil. I saw a documentry once on a group I thnk they were called wiccas they were dancing around a fire naked as they cut off chicken heads and poured the blood over their body. It was a ritual they did. I am sure it is not of God they cast spells and curses. It is scary stuff that you should stay away from. As far as fortune tellers go I would say if they are of God then they are good. I would want to know where they get their power from is it from the evil spirits or from God. The prophets you spoke of got their power from God so they were not evil.

Wiccans aren't evil, only different, just like any other religion, they celebrate things different then you. The religion is Pagan, and it has a base older the almost ANY religion.
 themadfiddler
Msg: 137
Posted: 6/20/2007 8:37:02 PM

Given the track record of this poster, the angels of my better nature tell me to report this bigoted nightmare of a post for immediate deletion...

Claims of exclusivity of truth, flaming, prosletyzing... standard nonsense that's fit for the pit.

What if someone said:

Hey I heard about this crazy religion called Christianity where they do this sick ritual where they mime eating the flesh and blood of their brutally sacrificed god and they really believe that they are eating his flesh and drinking his blood during the ritual. And they have a plan where at the "End Times" everyone who doesn't believe the way they do gets exterminated...but not before having to suffer through a nightmare called the Tribulation!

You'd call the ATF and FBI in on them...they sound like raving psychos ready to establish a gun and bomb laden compound...oh wait...it's just the Catholics and Episcopalians down the street having a bake sale.

Yet you spew out some hateful and misinformed - and completely fabricated - nonsense about Wicca, not even framing it with "In my opinion" or giving a source to back it up in any way and people are supposed to take it seriously?

sassyaquarius
Msg: 138
Posted: 6/20/2007 8:47:55 PM

If they are not of God then they are of the devil.

And this can be determined by... ? A dark look in their eyes??

Witches are definitly evil.

Should they be burned? Or thrown into a river tied up with a rock to see if they float??

What is the date today?? Wow...........
 WONDERMAN37
Msg: 139
Posted: 6/20/2007 9:03:51 PM
YES THEY ARE EVIL JUST LIKE WITCHES AND PSYICS THE BIBLE SAYS TO FLEE FROM THEM

Best read the FAQ for this forum before you post yourself out of existence, please note the rule concerning Exclusivity of Truth
FAQ - RELIGION FORUM

Forum Moderator
 MrBad_Kitty
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2007 9:15:54 PM

Given the track record of this poster, the angels of my better nature tell me to report this bigoted nightmare of a post for immediate deletion...

your right, i alomst got caught up in her harted. Thank you for reminding me of her recent crys for attention (ie my mom is possessed thread) You do have a point, about them be obsessed with the end of the world, eating the flesh of humans and trying to convert anybody who doesnt think like them.

YES THEY ARE EVIL JUST LIKE WITCHES AND PSYICS THE BIBLE SAYS TO FLEE FROM THEM

Sir, i know you like the caps lock key, and when typing in all caps its very useful. But it polite net society it suggests that you are yelling at us. Sir, we can read your post with or without the caps lock key. Incidently, didnt the bible say to love your neighbor? Or do you like follow it when its convient? if the later is your style, then i suggest you put down the bible and torch and please take your meds.
 WONDERMAN37
Msg: 141
Posted: 6/20/2007 9:17:25 PM
SORRY FOLKS THE BIBLE DOES NOT CONDICT ITSELF, IF YOU ARE A PHOPHET YOU WORK FOR JESUS IF YOU ARE A WITCH, FOTURETELLER OR PSCYIC YOU WORK FOR SATAN ENOUGH SAID ED

Best read the FAQ for this forum before you post yourself out of existence, please note the rules concerning Exclusivity of Truth, Preaching, etc.
FAQ - RELIGION FORUM

...Last chance, and do turn off your caps lock, this is a rule too.

Forum Moderator
 MrBad_Kitty
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2007 9:33:44 PM

SORRY FOLKS THE BIBLE DOES NOT CONDICT ITSELF, IF YOU ARE A PHOPHET YOU WORK FOR JESUS IF YOU ARE A WITCH, FOTURETELLER OR PSCYIC YOU WORK FOR SATAN ENOUGH SAID ED

Last time I checked Moses didnt worship or follow Jesus. Nor did any of the other phophets in the 1st Testment. Sorry to point that little tidbit out.

Though I have a nugget of infomation for you to chew on, how do you know they are working with god, against god, or some other deity?
 chinua
Msg: 143
Posted: 6/20/2007 10:35:07 PM
what does 'CONDICT' mean?
And how many times does it have to be said............the devil is in your mind; made up like the bogeyman. You should be more scared of the moderators!!
 WhiteGirl420
Msg: 144
Posted: 6/21/2007 11:47:37 PM
Funny how you can say witches are good, and everyone is your friend. But if you say they are evil then watch out you may get deleted...I guess I should have said maybe they are evil or I think they are evil or I think they get their power from evil spirits or I think they are not good.....
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 145
Posted: 6/22/2007 12:49:05 AM

Funny how you can say witches are good, and everyone is your friend. But if you say they are evil then watch out you may get deleted...I guess I should have said maybe they are evil or I think they are evil or I think they get their power from evil spirits or I think they are not good.....

no it's more along the lines that you're allowed to attack particular behaviours, particular traits, but stating a group is evil or of the devil simply because they're not like you isn't acceptable.

not to mention your post about them cutting off chicken heads and all that... well frankly that was a pile of crap. You need to do a little fact checking.
 themadfiddler
Msg: 146
Posted: 6/22/2007 3:26:37 AM

This argument is either made from the standpoint of the deliberately obtuse or the hopelessly thick. Either way its trolling for flames. No, you should have said neither because quite frankly no one on these forums is any more interested in the opinion of the "evil" of witches anymore than they are the "evil" of Jews, African Americans, Hindus, Muslims, or for that matter, Baptists.

The implication of your last post, which was in clear violation of common decency and the forum rules, was that the Christian religion was the only true religion and therefore, their opinion of fortune tellers or diviners/witches etc. was the only one to carry any weight...in other words, if you don't have the sanction of our God to do miracles, your power comes from the Devil and is tacitly evil. It's an assertion, has nothing but opinion to back it up, no fact, and is plain old fashioned bigotry at its finest...

And that, plain and simple is one of the reasons it's against the rules no matter how you want to reword it.

Also, as it is unproveable bigotry, frankly no one gives a rats ass.

So you may just want to cut back on that a little. Hmm?
 HRWild
Msg: 147
Posted: 6/22/2007 11:16:31 AM
I do not believe in the tarot or palm reading or things such as that can predict anything.
I do believer that there are seers. Some call seers prophets, some people refer to this ability as ESP. If this is a genuine and true ability, I do not think that there is anything evil about it.

black_bi_diva
Msg: 148
Posted: 6/22/2007 11:22:32 AM
Well, I'm a prophetess. What does that make me? And what about the people who come to me for advice? Does that make them fall from grace?

Psychics peer into the essence of your soul. Our veils are lifted and we feel everything that surrounds us. We know your question before you send the message to your brain to formulate words.

We were around for millions of years until the advent of modern theolistic religion. We were killed off, murdered, burned to death and cast to the sea by the ones who claimed we were evil and malicious manipulators of spirit.

Now isn't that ironic?
 MrBad_Kitty
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2007 12:49:00 PM

during the burning times witches were bumped off because they were competition to the church.

IMHO, i think the the who psycher thing work due to the M-theory and string theory. Which states that the entire world is connected. All past and present events are connected. What is more interesting is that Carl Jung, famous psych doctor, called it synchronicity.

I find it interesting that regular psych doctors wont touch this subject, parapsychologists and physicists are working on the M-theory and string theory. If everything thing is connected in one way or the other. once this theory is cracked open, it may bring to light the power of supernatural events.
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 150
Posted: 6/22/2007 1:07:49 PM

Carl Jung, famous psych doctor, called it synchronicity.

He's one of my heros and synchronicity is one of my favorite concepts...

Once I started to take note of all the "meaningful coincedences" or synchronous events in my life, I noticed that there was a definite pattern.. I piece those patterns together to see the bigger picture...

I now look for synchronicity... and it leads me forward... since I have been doing that my life has changed dramatically and there is simply no going back...

But then, I also read tarot cards, runes, the I Ching.. amongst other oracles, and practice astrol0gy all of which have aided me in prediction and self reflection... so I guess that makes me of the devil

during the burning times witches were bumped off because they were competition to the church.

And the medical doctors
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Fortune Tellers are Evil?