Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Hockey Playoff Predictions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 3076
Hockey playoffsPage 124 of 128    (88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128)
All Canucks players belong in the slammer.
You call them hockey players? When nothing works, they act like thugs, provoking fights, they want to win by intimidation. I have seen Bruins games with Flyers, Lightning, but fights never broke out in every 2 minutes like it did with Cana-duh's team last night.

And what about the officiating????
A canuck flipped a bruins over like a NFL player is tackled on the leg, who gets the power play? the Canucks!!!! What a joke...

Canucks are clearly BEATABLE. I'll give the 2nd game also to the Cana-duh's team because bruins players are frustrated now. Bruins will regroup at home and will turn the table around.

Where is Nancy, she should be watching some hockey games too.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 3077
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/2/2011 9:18:35 AM
Seriously dude?

The Canucks are a highly skilled team. But they play in the West - if you can't play gritty, you can't play. The big, bad Bruins can play physical against teams that aren't used to it, but there isn't a team in the West that doesn't know how to play the body. Even the Sedins have learned how to play a tough, physical game. That check that sent Lucic end over end was a clean hit. You haven't watched much hockey if you haven't seen that before. Lucic used to dish those out when he played here in Ladner.

If the Canucks win on Saturday (as you're conceding) then the Bruins have to take 4 out of 5 from the best team in the league. That's just not going to happen. Tim Thomas did his best to steal a game, but even at his best he can't score goals. And Boston just doesn't have anything up front to compare with Chicago or San Jose. Sorry buddy, this series was over before the first faceoff.
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 3078
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/2/2011 12:26:47 PM
You are a typical day-dreaming Canadian.

If Bruins win 2 home games, the series is 2-2 , tied.
Then it is anyone's game.
Then I see a 7 game series.

Of course the bruins have to play the 7th game against a pool of anti-bruins Officials and a Pro Wrestling team in their home town.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 3079
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/2/2011 4:44:13 PM
Yes, the Canucks are grittier than the Bruins. They're also far, far more skilled. I have no idea how you can call another team dirty when your team captain is still under criminal investigation for the hit in Montreal. The guy who was the boss of officiating until a few days ago has a son who plays for the Bruins. It's not their fault, but the Bruins have gotten the benefit of the doubt on all calls for a few years now. If there was an anti-Bruin official, he got canned a long time ago; the bunch that is on the payroll now have all learned to call the game in a pro-Bruin way.

For a guy who hates Canadians, you've picked a weird sport to watch.
 Walts
Msg: 3080
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/2/2011 6:55:40 PM

When nothing works, they act like thugs, provoking fights, they want to win by intimidation.

I actually do not believe you understand what a thug is, or what a fight is. What you watched last night was two teams that haven't played against each other very much staking their territiory. It was called a hockey game.(for the Stanley Cup even)
Both coaches were probably pretty happy that the teams played as they did. Showed them that the players actually "understand", fairly in the series, what they are actually playing for.
The skill,speed and depth should let the Canucks have the Cup in 5, 6 at the very least.(if all goes well) But the do call it a seven game series for a reason.
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 3081
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/4/2011 5:54:36 AM

For a guy who hates Canadians, you've picked a weird sport to watch.

What you watched last night was two teams that haven't played against each other very much staking their territiory. It was called a hockey game.(for the Stanley Cup even)

I don't hate canadians, it is the fact that Canadians try to monopolize the hockey game as their own game, may be because Canada is covered with snow 24/365. They should stay with curling.
My alma mater in upstate NY was/is very big in college hockey, which got me hooked on the sports and watch the finals even if the Bruins are not there.

I know how fights are accepted in hockey games, that is one reason I don't like to watch the sports, I feel like they are wasting their/my times instead of playing the game. After watching Bruins/Flyers/Lightning games, i was happy to see the sports got a little 'civilized'.

Unfortunate now Bruins must play 7 games against a wrestling team with hockey sticks.
 Walts
Msg: 3082
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/4/2011 8:29:34 AM

I don't hate canadians, it is the fact that Canadians try to monopolize the hockey game as their own game, may be because Canada is covered with snow 24/365

Yeah, we all live in igloos up here and drive dog sleds too. I actually don't think ya went to college if you had the gonads to type that statement. The NHL has a little weasel running the league that keeps trying to market the game south of the border and fails badly in certain spots. We, as Canadians just "gained" another team because of it. Far from a "monopoly".

Your Bruins are a bunch of whiners. Newpapers here are full of their crying. So bad that their own coach told them publicly to shut the hell up and play the GAME!!!!! Maybe you should consider his words. Or not, cause he's a Canadian too.
 _xxxxxxxxx_
Msg: 3083
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/4/2011 10:03:55 AM
I don't hate canadians, it is the fact that Canadians try to monopolize the hockey game as their own game, may be because Canada is covered with snow 24/365. They should stay with curling.

a windup, how pedestrian

curling is Scottish.. you went to school yeah? furthermore, we gave you basketball, so quit yer whining, y'all take whining to a new level

* iffin i was Burr, i would have bitten the ****er off, you face wash, you deal
with the consequences, it's how the game is played, and it's how we like it,

what's neXt for NBC.. choreographed skating cheerleaders with chiClet smiles?

** snow 24/7/365 and uncivilized,
indeed, not the country you're looking for
 feltersnatch
Msg: 3084
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/5/2011 9:21:21 AM

I have no idea how you can call another team dirty when your team captain is still under criminal investigation for the hit in Montreal.

C'mon now...That hit clearly shows that Chara was trying to release and it wasn't intent.

But I'm not here to say that the Canucks are more of the thug than the Bruins. I know the Bruins have their hands full when playing against the Canucks. The quickness of the Canucks and the waves among waves of the Canucks attack is insane. However the Bruins are holding out quite well. Going home now will probably give the upper advantage and Bruins fans are just insane as those Canuck fans. Boston is a hockey town for sure. Be happy that we are not seeing a Lightning-Canuck series or even worst Lightning-Sharks series. Canucks are certainly coming to an hostile environment. So far it's only been 1 point difference in both games, so we're seeing some good hockey.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 3085
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/5/2011 10:49:45 AM
I've been reading the coverage in Boston media about this series. I grabbed this from a comment in the Boston Herald:

After game one I wrote a piece here about the Bruins being overmatched and took a lot of flack from B's fans, especially some guy who signs on as maddog something or other. Now un- derstand this, I am a staunch B's fan, but as a long time fan of all sports I've learned after many lessons that you root for a team with your head, not your heart, objectivity is essential.So, let's look at game two. The B's had much better scoring chances in this game than they did in game one. They were able to get down low against the Canucks defense and get some serious shots on Luongo, hence 2 goals, however, the defensive mistakes by the B's are not because they have bad defensemen, it's because the Canucks are to fast and to talented to be stopped. B's gave up odd man rushes all night long, again were pushed around by the Canucks, especially in the first period when the Canucks were whacking anything that moved, and once again had a terrible time getting out of their own end against Canucks forechecking giving away the puck pretty regularly, it was scary. Look, be realistic, the B's could win this series, although I don't see how. Canucks forced numerous B's mistakes in both games and that's why they won both games. Canucks have the mindset this is their time, their year to win it all, so do the B's, the difference is the Canucks believe it wholeheartedly.The B's have played as hard and as well as they can, I'm not questioning that, it's just not enough to beat this Canucks team in 4 out of the next 5. Sorry to say this, but I don't see the B's getting out of Boston alive.I honestly hope I'm wrong.

It's pretty indicative of what I was reading from that city. The Canucks are just too fast and too skilled. The consensus seems to be that Chara was the worst player on the ice last night. When your best player and team captain is being exposed as too slow by lines 1 through 4, your chances go from slim to none.
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 3086
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/5/2011 12:46:35 PM
You are quoting a guy who doesn't know the difference between 'too' and 'to'.

How do you spell Lucky **stards?

ans: C A N U C K S

The Canucks are just too fast and too skilled.

Breaking news: 100 thousand Canadians in Vancouver celebrated game 2 win aganist the Bruins.
ha ha ha... No wonder I spell Cana-duh. I bet the 'Stoned' gal was one of them.
Its like 100 thousand new yorkers celebrating on the street a homerun in the first innings by the Yankees against the Sox.

True color of Canuck's skill was revealed in game 2. If they cant initiate a fight, they play lousy. Bruins clearly outplayed the Canucks in game 2. All they have to do is finish the job when they are in front of Canuck's goalie.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 3087
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/5/2011 1:02:44 PM
The Canucks are up two games to nil. Nobody (not even die hard Bruins fans) is saying that the Bruins outplayed the Canucks - except for half of the second period, the Bruins were owned in game 2.

Now your only insult is that Canucks fans are too enthusiastic, and that Bruins fans can't spell. Well, I guess I have to give you that one.
 Sunshine-99
Msg: 3088
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/5/2011 6:48:14 PM
I am a Carolina Hurricanes fan so feeling pretty neutral about our Bruins-Canucks Final.

I feel that the Canucks are clearly the better team. Of course, in game 1, a team should be as physical as possible without getting penalities. For Game 2, it looked like a great game and Thomas made the mistake of being a little too aggressive outside of the crease. I'd love to see it come down to a Game 7 in OT. Unfortunately, I feel that canucks will pull out the series either 4-0 or 4-1.
 Walts
Msg: 3089
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/6/2011 5:32:07 PM

If they cant initiate a fight, they play lousy. Bruins clearly outplayed the Canucks in game 2.

You do know that the game is 60 minutes long,,,,well 60 minutes and 11 seconds for game 2. The B's outplayed Vancouver for "maybe" 15 minutes in the second period. That would leave 45 minutes and 11 seconds that they DID NOT outplay the Canucks. Either/or, the Bruins lost.

Here's hoping the sleeping giant doesn't wake up tonight.
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 3090
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/7/2011 8:25:49 AM
What's the score Walts, Dad?
8 to what?
I wish they scored 2 more goals, 10 is a good number.
Is 8 a record number in Stanley cup?

What, Rome guy was just ejected from the game? He should have been arrested for physical assults.

Canucks everyday are proving my theory. Canucks can not win unless they get into fights. Hear me out before you start laughing. A fights does two things among others. Number 1 is it kills opponent's momentum, momentum is very important in any sports. Number 2 is it gives players a chance to catch some breaths.

I'm hoping Bruins carry this incredible momentum with them in game 4,5,6, and if necessary 7,
just as Red Sox did in game 4 against Yankees in 2004.
 Walts
Msg: 3091
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/7/2011 4:31:27 PM
I'll give ya that the Canucks got shiat kicked,but if ya ever played in anything, it's better to get blasted outta the arena, then lose a one or two goal game. The Canucks have will come back from this ONE game, just like they did TWICE in Chicago.

It's now going to be a series, and so ya know the league collapsed and gave Rome 4 games cause Horton is out for the series(so the Bruins say). The comittee looks bad on this one, especially if watch Murray in the press conference,admitting he went to Burkie for advice on the severity of the supension. Burkie doesn't work for the NHL, but the Leafs. Like I said, doesn't look good on the league.

So ya know Revenge, the Rome hit is basically what EVERY hockey player is taught to do when a player passes(or shoots) the puck and looks into the stands. He got walloped. Supposedly, the check was "high", yet I still don't see it. Maybe a 1/2 second or a second too late, but not a thing wrong with it, other than Horton's head is in another world today. Charged?????? Ya want them to wear dresses too?????

Notice any of the chickenshiat slashes the Bruins were giving out last night, kinda like what Bieska took in game 2. From behind, skating away, and Bruins give em the cheap shots. That would be the definition of chickenshiat.
 feltersnatch
Msg: 3092
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/7/2011 5:26:20 PM

and so ya know the league collapsed and gave Rome 4 games cause Horton is out for the series

4 games? Isn't enough games and does not equal the amount of games losing the Bruin's top right winger because he's gone for the series.

He got walloped. Supposedly, the check was "high", yet I still don't see it.

Then you're blind as a bat!!!

Notice any of the chickenshiat slashes the Bruins were giving out last night, kinda like what Bieska took in game 2. From behind, skating away, and Bruins give em the cheap shots. That would be the definition of chickenshiat.

You go from one extreme to another....Isn't this "hockey" you've been talking about?

All I have to say that the league is at fault here. They should have intervened when the finger biting occurred in game 1...That would have set the tone, but the league turned their cheek. Then it was out of control with the taunting in game 2 by Canucks sticking their fingers at Bruin players...That behavior should had stopped right there by the league, but it takes them now when a player gets a blow to the head. Getting involved now and making comments that they spoken to both teams and told to "Stop this crap" is exactly that "crap"... Are you kidding me? The LEAGUE SHOULD HAVE STOPPED IT!!!
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 3093
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/7/2011 6:07:53 PM
Game one showed the Bruins and the Canucks "feeling" each other out. They've rarely met; no matter how many highlight reels you watch, you don't know the team you're playing until you get out on the ice.

Game one and game two played out exactly how they did. Game three however was like they threw the rulebook out the window and didn't look back. Rome's hit was late and was high, he deserves the four game suspension.

I still think the Canucks will win the series. After the embarrassment which was game three last night, they have no where to go but up. I will be watching to see who the Canucks put in goal.

And every hockey fan knows that the refs and officials are more apt to let the small things go in the finals (in particular) to keep the game going. We've all seen it before and we'll continue to see it, whether we agree or not.

Hockey's a fast flying, hard hitting game. At least the puck doesn't glow anymore.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 3094
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/7/2011 7:20:37 PM
I'm really sorry for what happened to Horton, but it was a fluke. It was just a standard, open ice hit. Rome didn't leave his feet; he just put his shoulder into an opposing player. It was just a really unexpected outcome to a play you see all the time - completely unlike Chara breaking a guy's neck.

To be frank, once the Bruins opened up a lead it was a pretty chippy affair - with the Bruins doing almost all the cheap shots. I have no idea how you can watch that game and think the Canucks are a dirty team.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 3095
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/7/2011 8:17:46 PM
I'm all for the Bruins being the goon squad. Vancouver has some big guns that the Bruins' don't know how to handle.

I'm still looking foward to tomorrow night.

Go Canucks Go!!
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 3096
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/7/2011 8:17:58 PM
I'm all for the Bruins being the goon squad. Vancouver has some big guns that the Bruins' don't know how to handle.

I'm still looking foward to tomorrow night.

Go Canucks Go!!
 My I
Msg: 3097
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/8/2011 2:50:30 AM

but it was a fluke. It was just a standard, open ice hit. Rome didn't leave his feet; he just put his shoulder into an opposing player

You and I must be looking at different video replay. The player raised his shoulder directly into the head of Horton, who had completed a play - it's not like he was finishing a check.
It was a late hit, no question. It was a deliberate high hit - check the video and watch the checker's body movement... he went up high (at the head) on the player; he didn't hit through/into the player.
 Walts
Msg: 3098
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/8/2011 4:42:50 AM

It was a deliberate high hit - check the video and watch the checker's body movement... he went up high (at the head) on the player; he didn't hit through/into the player.

Deliberate??? High???? He did go "through"him as in it was north/south movement, and with that that less than a full stride.Shoulder came up after the intial contact. No leaving the feet at all. Horton didn't get his concusion from the hit, it was when he fell and hit the ice his brain was rattled. In the olden days, it was called "finishing a check". I will give you "late", but I won't give you "high".

Murray himself stated the reasons he made the choice he did. He sounded like a man that was trying make a "point" in his first official decision at his new job.
 _xxxxxxxxx_
Msg: 3099
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/8/2011 9:53:00 AM
inconsistent ****fied officiating and rules are ruining this game,
how short certain memories are; why was there no discipline handed
out to chara for the hit on canadiens Pacioretty? or for that matter
the hit on Rome by mcGinn? nada..

well you know...cuz they's 'merica teams

the next thing you guys will want to change will be the 3 periods; splitting
a game up into quarters, so's y'all can have a half time show, granted,
shorter periods might keep you focused

or not

i'd like to shove a puck up bettmans ass
nevermind,
he'd probably enJoy it..:|

whiny yanks
 My I
Msg: 3100
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/8/2011 8:34:27 PM

Deliberate??? High???? He did go "through"him as in it was north/south movement, and with that that less than a full stride.

Are you kidding me?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUYqTE3cnuQ
Watch this video and take note how Rome was lining Horton up as soon as Horton crossed his own blueline. Then, slow motion/pause the above video at 2:04, 2:05, 2:06.
The pass was completed, Rome hit the brakes, bent his knees and then accelerated in an upward shoulder first hit to the head - totally unexpected and totally unjustified - Horton had taken 3 strides after the pass before getting checked.

In the olden days, it was called "finishing a check".

In the olden days that kind of crap wouldn't have ha[[ened because the enforcer would be out on the ice, kicking his ass. As Don Cherry stated many times, getting rid of enforcers is only going to lead to more cheap crap like this hit, for example.

I will give you "late", but I won't give you "high".

It was a late hit - shoulder to head - the player was knocked out.... what other evidence do you need?
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Hockey Playoff Predictions