Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Hockey Playoff Predictions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 3126
Hockey playoffsPage 126 of 128    (88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128)

Geesh...shouldn't the excuses and conspiracies at least be saved until after (and a very big IF) your team loses?

Let them talk.
Canucks players/fans are like basketball's Leb James, all talk, no action.
Canuck's goalie who was beaten 8 times in one game had the audacity to
say he could save the goal Tim couldn't in game 5. He is Leb James of Canucks.

I hear Bruins players are fired up. They are criticizing among themselves,
that they could have won game 5 with a little more efforts, that they should make extra efforts to score goals in such games, etc.
 hoopsnhikes
Msg: 3127
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/13/2011 4:10:42 PM

they're not exCuses or consPiracies, again, chara's hit
on Pacioretty and the mcginn hit on Rome resulted in what?

More punishment than Burrows' bite on Bergeron.
 Walts
Msg: 3128
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/13/2011 4:19:25 PM

Vancouver doesn't do very well in Boston.

That wasn't a "bite" FFS!!!! What's wrong with you guys. "BITE" = large quanities of blood PLUS one missing finger tip.

The Bruins will tonight cause it won't be a hockey game. They chicken shiat will start, the refs will let it continue, and unless the Canuck's heads are right into it, and just play between the whistles, the Bruins will get to them.

Then we'll have a game 7, the refs WILL NOT embarass themselves and the Canucks will win the HOCKEY game. Oh, and Thomas can have the Conn Smythe if he so desires. About the only thing that has been consistant the whole playoffs.
 hoopsnhikes
Msg: 3129
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/13/2011 4:35:46 PM
Defend biting so long as part of the finger isn't actually bitten off in one paragraph, then complain about the non-hockey "chicken shiat" that the other team is getting away with in the next.

There's nothing I can really add to that to make it any better...
 Walts
Msg: 3130
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/13/2011 4:44:28 PM
^^^^^ Facewashing is the BIGGEST chickenshiat thing that every entered hockey. If ya wanna fight, drop the phucking gloves and fight. Nooooooo, Bergeron(just like Burrows) came from the Quebec league where chickenshiat was invented. Two frenchies going at each other like those two doesn't bother me one bit. They both deserve what they get. Bergeron just wasn't smart enough to keep his fingers outta somebody else's yap.

The Bruins CAN NOT keep up with the Canucks if the games are just hockey. They have proved it in this series and any like it. If the umps do their job, it's over. But we know they won't do their job tonight, don't we?????
 Walts
Msg: 3131
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/13/2011 7:16:50 PM
Just got back in from cuttin the lawn and turned the tube. Looks like the Canucks suck again. I'll never ever figure this group out. Oh look, a Game 7!!!!!!
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 3132
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/13/2011 8:49:10 PM
I got to the pub late. Just sat down; didn't even get a chance to order a beer. Bang! Bang! Down 2 - nil. Didn't even stay. By the time I got home (walking, as I was planning on drinking), it's 4-0.

But there were reruns of How I Met Your Mother on, so at least I wasn't stuck downtown in a crush of people watching the Canucks get beat down.

Will Schneider start in net for game 7?
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 3133
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/13/2011 9:11:06 PM
luongo seems to have no problem at home, it's just in boston he's gotten a bit stinky. I think luongo should still be in goal wednesday. but I'm not a good person to analyze and scrutinize over games and particular players. So maybe I'm wrong.
 Sunshine-99
Msg: 3134
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/14/2011 2:22:07 AM
Wow, it was a crazy game. Luongo did appear to give up some weaker goals. I was curious to look at how prior Game 7 went in the Stanley Cup Finals....

Year Home Away Winner
1942 Toronto Detroit Toronto
1945 Detroit Toronto Toronto***
1950 Detroit New York Detroit
1954 Detroit Montreal Detroit
1955 Detroit Montreal Detroit
1964 Toronto Detroit Toronto
1965 Montreal Chicago Montreal
1971 Chicago Montreal Montreal***
1987 Edmonton Philadelphia Edmonton
1994 New York Vancouver New York
2001 Colorado New Jersey Colorado
2003 New Jersey Anaheim New Jersey
2004 Tampa Bay Calgary Tampa Bay
2006 Carolina Edmonton Carolina

Only two road teams have ever done it, hopefully the bruins and Thomas choke and the sedin brothers are victorious.
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 3135
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/14/2011 6:21:02 AM
Does anyone (even if you are Lu-ongo's mother) have the slightest doubt which is the better team, Bruins or the Canucks (burp) ?
Bruins everytime crush the canucks when they play in boston, whereas they lose by only 1 goal (often later in the game and last moment) when played in Vancu.

If Bruins lose the series, that would be an injustice to humanity, god should be ashamed of himself for doing something against 'his' own nature.

Btw, what happened to Bruins-chicks? why only canuck-chicks are on this forum? Women should watch hockey just to hear the nice sounding word 'ricochet'.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 3136
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/14/2011 8:28:31 AM
Women who can both read and type are all Canucks fans. Sorry.

And the Canucks are still the far superior team - it would be a travesty if this bunch of Bruins goons stole our trophy. I say "Our Trophy", because it is our trophy. It belongs to the people of Canada, not the NHL. Look it up.
 _xxxxxxxxx_
Msg: 3137
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/14/2011 9:10:14 AM
Raymond's injury to his back caused by a late hit (the ****ing puck wasn't anywhere near him), that and the repeated punches to Danny's head were over the top.. the ref's reply to Danny questioning the hits?
"i'll get to it" ... um yeah

'mUricans do whatever it takes to 'win' and it's almost always illegal, hell, this should have been a
clean sweep for the Bruins ..afterall the league has been offering up the canucks asses for them

i'm done with this series
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 3138
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/14/2011 9:58:43 AM
@earthlings

I am rooting for the canucks, and I am in vancouver. However, I don't think the canucks have necessarily played really well or better. In game 5 I think they kind of lucked out. So I don't think they simple just have it tomorrow because home ice seems to work for them...i think they need to luck out again to be honest.
And statements like that are why I'm the worst fan of anything.
 xXBlindXx
Msg: 3139
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/14/2011 12:21:25 PM
tell you truth raymond is fast but he turns alllooooottttttt of pucks over. I am actually really looking forward to them bringing tambellini. he is fast!!! and he most of all knows when to pass or when to go rate for the net. don't get me wrong i feel bad raymond got hurt but on the bright side i think its tambellini's time to shine. could you imagine getting that phone call to play game 7 of a Stanley cup play offs!!. go canucks go.
 Peggy1026
Msg: 3140
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/14/2011 1:52:01 PM
Sports media said the Canucks were the far superior team, but nothing I have seen in this series supports that statement. I guess what you consider a goon is what we call a hockey player around here.
For the record, what is a "travesty" is that Luongo is even nominated beside Thomas for the Vezina trophy. Luongo is a head case who has failed to put his money where his great big mouth is. Canuck fans should be embarrassed.
Not only can I read and write, I understand the game of hockey. Whether the B's win or lose, it has been great watching at least one team play with heart and spirit in the finals.
Go Bruins!
 My I
Msg: 3141
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/14/2011 3:29:53 PM
I think Vancouver is a better skating team. However, they lack the toughness in their top players (Sedins). Boston is a tough team and given the necessity to play rough, vancouver can't beat them up.

As I said in my earlier post, it's a battle between Luongo and Thomas - both teams are playing pretty good. It comes down to the goalies and their determination to stay focussed and determined.

Just as in the Olympics, luongo is showing his weakness on those shots from the face-off circle and back to the blueline. He juggled a lot of those shots in the olympics and the other teams picked up on that. Last night, he let them in as well - hopefully Boston keeps that going for next game.
 feltersnatch
Msg: 3142
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/14/2011 4:09:38 PM
I am rooting for the canucks, and I am in vancouver. However, I don't think the canucks have necessarily played really well or better. In game 5 I think they kind of lucked out. So I don't think they simple just have it tomorrow because home ice seems to work for them...i think they need to luck out again to be honest.
And statements like that are why I'm the worst fan of anything.

Now here's a Canuck fan I can respect...She loves her team, but respects her team's opponent. Not that other garbage we been listening to in these threads! When they win, it was a "Good game". When they lose, it's about blaming the officials...Or because it's an American team.

And how can Canuck fans say after 6 games in this series the Vancouver are a "far superior team". Seriously?! If that statement is meaning during the regular season Canucks were superior? Then I would say yes, but if the fans are saying in this series? You guys are dead wrong! You can blame the officials all you want! Each call against the Canucks or the Bruins was not a hoodwink between the refs and players. Afterall, last nights game the Canucks had 10 powerplay opportunities compared to the 9 on the Bruins...Just face it the calls were fair.

Either way...If Canucks win or lose, the fans are still going to burn the city down. Remember 94?
 hoopsnhikes
Msg: 3143
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/14/2011 4:16:19 PM

The Bruins CAN NOT keep up with the Canucks if the games are just hockey. They have proved it in this series

Right, because the three games in Vancouver have been such lopsided blowouts that were over early.
 hoopsnhikes
Msg: 3144
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/14/2011 4:32:18 PM
It's very clear that the Bruins are the far superior team, as proven by the fact that they have won 4 out of 7 meetings this year against the Canucks by a very lopsided score of 22-9...including 17-4 over the past four games with one of their top scorers being out due to the egregious actions of one of the Canuck goons.

If a team tied for the fourth highest point total in the East can dominate the top team from the West as seen by the facts above, you have to figure that the Canucks would probably be a 6 or 7 seed at best in the East, and maybe not even make the playoffs. Which makes it a shame that the clearly inferior team gets the home ice advantage for game 7.

What's also a shame is that the officiating appears to be fixed as evidenced by the fact that they let Burrows play in game 2 and he basically won the game for the Canucks. It looks like the league wants the cup to return to Canada as it has been so long since a Canadian team has won it.
 Walts
Msg: 3145
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/14/2011 5:03:37 PM

If Bruins lose the series, that would be an injustice to humanity, god should be ashamed of himself for doing something against 'his' own nature.

Ummmm, helpful hint for you Yanks since you really "don't get it". Ummmmm, they call it a seven game series for a reason. First one to win 4 games wins it. Simple. Don't matter if you score a hundred goals in one game, it's just ONE win.( I know you wish it was total goals for and against, but it ain't)

So, the only thing you can do, is sit down tomorrow night and enjoy the show. Anyone that has played ANYTHING in their life, dreams of this kinda shiat. What you should maybe asking is WHY the Bruins can't win in Vancouver, cause we all know being "close" only counts in hand grenades(you guys are GOOD at THAT) or horseshoes(we're not bad in that department).

Crack a beer boys and enjoy the show. And don't forget what Philly did to ya last year. That ONE was a SEVEN game series also.
 ComplekCity
Msg: 3146
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/14/2011 5:21:16 PM

Right, because the three games in Vancouver have been such lopsided blowouts that were over early.

All that means is that Thomas has played well in both cities , Luongo hasn't.

If Boston didn't have Thomas this series would've been a sweep.

Vancouver is the better team, they have more depth with their forward and defense.
Boston has the more CONSISTENT goalie.

End of story.

Don't say Boston is better just because you're rooting for them. That only makes you look like you're clueless about Hockey.

earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 3147
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/14/2011 7:11:21 PM

Women who can both read and type are all Canucks fans. Sorry.
And the Canucks are still the far superior team - it would be a travesty if this bunch of Bruins goons stole our trophy. I say "Our Trophy", because it is our trophy. It belongs to the people of Canada, not the NHL. Look it up.

No, Bruins-women are in high demand, they have little time to root for their own team. On the other hand, most canucks-women are lonely, desperate or stoned (but girlwithcat above seems to have the right head on her shoulder).

"Our Trophy"?
Is it "Your lake Erie", "Your Niagra Fall" too?
We dont say "its our world series" when blue jays win the championship.
Stanley cup finals ratings have gone up this year, its not for the canucks, but for the boston's great Bruins.
 My I
Msg: 3148
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/14/2011 7:36:29 PM

Don't say Boston is better....... That only makes you look like you're clueless about hockey

There is more to the game than skating and shooting the puck. A team is not better just because they have better/more playmakers and goal scorers. As in any sport, you can look good... you can even look great. However, when all the cards are on the table and you just can't seem to seal the deal.... how does that make you better?

Vancouver had a two game lead... if they were better (in all facets of the game), there is no excuse for them to be where they are at.

It's a team sport - if a goalie sucks, he's part of the team. Therefore, Vancouver is not better in goal tending - that is VERY IMPORTANT !

Vancouver is better in some aspects of the game and as we seen three times now..... those assets sucked and were outscored like 17 goals to 3 (something like that) in three games; they haven't won an easy game yet - Boston has not been blown out in all 6 games - how is that better???
 xXBlindXx
Msg: 3149
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/14/2011 9:18:03 PM
reading this is ridiculous. i did a road trip across canada a couple weeks back from bc to halifax. i came back through the states. when i was going through bosten vancocouver had just beat the sharks. so yest i had a couple people question me on what i thought the series out come would be. said couldn't tell its hockey. what i can tell you is timmy is a f***ing good goal tender just Rinne from Nashville and we got one hell of a series ahead of us. to you people i say put away the shot guns. stop with the low blows we both teams deserve to be here. I might have a hard attack tomorrow because of how intense it will be but i can honestly say weather win or lose both teams have played to there best of there ability's. And will probably hit the bar after a great game and congrats each other.

so from a canuck i wish the bruins a great game tommorrow and may the evening be fun filled and one to remember.

ps. congrats timmy tomorrow you will have the most saves in nhl history for the play offs. 761 and counting
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 3150
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/15/2011 6:35:08 AM

That only makes you look like you're clueless about Hockey.

I am clueless about hockey....but, I still love my Bruins!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Hockey Playoff Predictions