Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Hockey Playoff Predictions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 feltersnatch
Msg: 3173
view profile
History
Hockey playoffsPage 128 of 128    (88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128)
Watching the parade right now and it's FAAACKIN AMAZING!!! Title Town baby! That's what I'm talking!
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 3174
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/18/2011 9:59:19 AM
There is one interesting aspect to the aftermath of the riot.

This is the first sports riot in North America (there have been lots of others in Detroit, Montreal, Los Angeles, etc.) that has happened since Facebook, Youtube and ubiquitous video in phones. So these rioters are being identified here. One young man showed up late for work the next day only to find that his image had been identified, his employer contacted and he didn't have a job anymore. Another young man was filmed, identified and is losing his scholarship. Most of the people involved will be named and charged.

I'm really hoping this will be as widely broadcast as the riot, since it makes it clear that these guys can't count on the anonymity of the mob anymore. There won't be another Canucks riot in this city as the rioters' identities and charges are publicized. If it becomes widely known that this is what happens, there is less chance that it will happen elsewhere either.
 _xxxxxxxxx_
Msg: 3175
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/18/2011 10:33:34 AM

I embarrassed for Vancouver residence because of the hate-filled people who live there. But for those who do not know, British Columbia is well known for pot-growers. The entire Nation of Canada knows that. So to taint the city based on a group who probably are very well acquainted with marijuana is not fair.

wow, stoners caused the riot, who knew!

it's a core group of established anarchists, you do remember what Toronto went through during the
G summit? they also tried to start chaos during the first dayz of the Olympics, same area, same windows of the Bay..

jesus murphy, iffin the culprits were stoned rather than fueled by alcohol and a mob mentality they would
have sat around one of the fires roasting marshmallows and eating looted pirate packs from White Spot

seriously, is there any breathable aIr back east?
 Sunshine-99
Msg: 3176
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/18/2011 2:56:57 PM
My take on the Vancouver Riots was that it was not contingent on whether Vancouver won the championship or not. I think that most of the culprits were planning to Riot even if Vancouver won. These kids needed any reason possible to destroy property and cause chaos.
 sum1reel
Msg: 3177
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/18/2011 2:59:17 PM

The Yankees are now just another team.

Sure pal,..... if that is what you wanna make yourself believe! (just like you've fooled yourself into believing that you do NOT have a NY Giants & Jets dong jammed up your wazoo!)...i guess that must be the reason why the Bsx have spent more money on big name players in the last 2 yrs than at any other time...it must be because the Yanks "are just another team"

Will talk to 'Pal' in a baseball thread.

sure!...lots of time 4 that, ...btw, crawford just went on the DL.....but don't let that rain on your 'parade', pal!.......savor your flimsy grasp on 1st place while you can!
 Sunshine-99
Msg: 3178
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/18/2011 3:05:08 PM
And the couple on the street during the Riots involved a man comforting a woman who was injured somehow during the riots. It looked like they were making out but he was just haunched over her while attempting to protect her. She might have broken an ankle or something.

It's too bad that a couple thousand people had to give Vancouver such bad press. If someone worked for me that was caught on tape, considering how serious the crime was, I might make the guy/girl do mandatory community service with weekly reflection papers.
 My I
Msg: 3179
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/18/2011 7:03:14 PM

wow, stoners caused the riot, who knew!

Not what I said. But then again, based on your response, it's not difficult to ascertain your preference. It's not difficult to understand that those who like to raise hell and cause trouble as they did, are more than likely also joining in the annual "Legalise marijuana" march.

It's not so much that they use drugs - it's simply about the lifestyle they live.

jesus murphy, iffin the culprits were stoned rather than fueled by alcohol and a mob mentality they would
have sat around one of the fires roasting marshmallows and eating looted pirate packs from White Spot

^^^ This is where drug users credibilty wanes. In other threads users insist they are more alert, more energetic, and - even better yet - they can drive better stoned vs being straight.

Someone needs to get their stories straight and their facts right.

seriously, is there any breathable aIr back east?

No!
So don't bother coming this way.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 3180
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/18/2011 7:19:43 PM

Not what I said. But then again, based on your response, it's not difficult to ascertain your preference. It's not difficult to understand that those who like to raise hell and cause trouble as they did, are more than likely also joining in the annual "Legalise marijuana" march.

It's not so much that they use drugs - it's simply about the lifestyle they live.

You may not have said it outright, but you sure as hell implied it.

I live here. I don't like pot, but a lot of people do. Even at my age about a third of the people I know smoke it occasionally. It has nothing to do with "lifestyle." These are entrepreneurs, controllers, project managers, doctors, lawyers and sea captains. None of the ones I know listen to reggae or march. But I'm old and so are they. It's just something people do more here than where you live. Just like people where you live are more likely to stick their heads up their asses and spout judgemental nonsense.
 My I
Msg: 3181
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/18/2011 9:49:44 PM

You may not have said it outright, but you sure as hell implied it

Im not disputing that I implied the type of people who are out inciting riots are normally those who also engage in other "lifestyles" such as drug use. But I did not say drug users are responsible for the riots. These same people who incite riots also smash and damage property and some even roll over vehicles and burn them.... then stand in front of media celebrating...... it all goes hand in hand with these type mentalities.

I live here. I don't like pot, but a lot of people do. Even at my age about a third of the people I know smoke it occasionally. It has nothing to do with "lifestyle."

Again, I referred to those who riot - it's not a secret that these people are drunk and/or stoned and have a very bad temperment. Why you feel your friends need to be included in a defensive position over drug use is beyond me. I didn't say all drug users are rioters - but, as I had stated, people associated with drug use always get defensive for some strange, fvcked reason.

It's just something people do more here than where you live.

So... then.... why are you arguing this point at all? *sigh*

Just like people where you live are more likely to stick their heads up their asses and spout judgemental nonsense

I clearly stated that these rioters have a lifestyle that certainly encompass drug use - if you call that judgemental after stating your area has the higher drug use... you need a colonoscopy
 Sunshine-99
Msg: 3182
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/18/2011 9:52:45 PM
I have some friends that drink/smoke - it's really no big deal.

If it affects their judgement in joining a mob , burning cars, and causing chaos in their own city- then they are complete ***holes. ..... regardless of whether or not they were smoking or drinking at the time. I hold people 100% accountable for their actions. My only regret would be missing the chance to join the local police force and beating their asses into the ground.
 feltersnatch
Msg: 3183
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/19/2011 6:38:45 AM

Sure pal,..... if that is what you wanna make yourself believe!

That's right buddy! I do believe it...I know it's hard for you take knowing that Boston is now the city of champions.

(just like you've fooled yourself into believing that you do NOT have a NY Giants & Jets dong jammed up your wazoo!)...

Buddy...I think your "wazoo" has a lot more closer ties to them, especially with those Jet fans. The "bonding" moments must have been a rousing experience up YOUR trapdoor for sure... And now you can take our Stanley Cup right up there too.

i guess

And that's all you will ever do on these threads...Maybe one day your speculation will be fact.
 Walts
Msg: 3184
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/19/2011 8:34:15 AM

Im not disputing that I implied the type of people who are out inciting riots are normally those who also engage in other "lifestyles" such as drug use. But I did not say drug users are responsible for the riots. These same people who incite riots also smash and damage property and some even roll over vehicles and burn them.... then stand in front of media celebrating...... it all goes hand in hand with these type mentalities.

Okay, ya gotta stop. Your words are getting a little silly here. Those that "incited" this riot were not jacked up on any drug or booze. Those that started the shiat were part of a group that have done this more than once. They planned, they set up areas of "attack", and they performed. What did happen "afterwards"(which was part of the plan) they got the drunks to follow their actions. Not the dope smokers, cause they were over in the corner curled up with the cheetos.

Smoking dope does not make ya energetic, in fact with the majority, the complete opposite. Now, if you actually knew of what types of drugs that could get ya jacked up enough to start wasting energy trying to smash windows,flip cars, run like a cheetah from the cops, I would be listening. Dope smoker's "mentalities" are not that of destroying,smashing,wasting energy,etc. People fueled by booze(legal by the way) do hundreds of times damage than any stoner that I personally know.(socially and materially)

For an example, the latest "to give himself up" was supposedly an athlete of national calibre. I don't believe he was a "stoner" or even have that "stoner" mentality.Just another young one that had no idea about accountability, fueled up on booze(legal by the way).
 _xxxxxxxxx_
Msg: 3185
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/19/2011 8:48:43 AM
This is where drug users credibilty wanes. In other threads users insist they are more alert, more energetic, and - even better yet - they can drive better stoned vs being straight.

O_O . . my sardonic tongue is always credible, since you like to blather in absolutes, could you
please cite your sources and please try to be coherent, cuz stoners have a hard time concentrating

Someone needs to get their stories straight and their facts right.

yes, yes they do

me the assumed stoner: seriously, is there any breathable aIr back east?
my eye: No!
So don't bother coming this way

ok *slams hand down on my staples "that was easy" button

as for the anarchists, the dewd above spelled it out for you, the act was pre-meditated
and carried out with precision, stoners indeed
 sum1reel
Msg: 3186
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/19/2011 8:35:50 PM

That's right buddy! I do believe it...

...then your ignorance must truly be blissful, pal.....but remember to keep your head up your wazoo at all times...lest you lose that blissful feeling!

Boston is now the city of champions.

... ...Umm yeah, as if anyone outside of Boston (and south of the Canadian border) actually gives a sh!t.

I think your "wazoo" has a lot more closer ties to them,

You are right about this, Pal....as BOTH the giants & jet wazoos shared the pleasure of crapping on NE's lofty aspirations!
 feltersnatch
Msg: 3187
view profile
History
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/20/2011 2:39:57 AM
...then your ignorance must truly be blissful, pal.....

My ignorance will never exceed your arrogance.

... ...Umm yeah, as if anyone outside of Boston (and south of the Canadian border) actually gives a sh!t.

But you do give a shit!! No need to lie. You've been wanting to partake in this thread so bad, but didn't know how to do it...So you waited on the moment for someone to just say something bad about your Yankees...We all know you are the New York Galactica Defender.

You are right about this, Pal....

I know I am...And don't you forget it.

as BOTH the giants & jet wazoos shared the pleasure of

Flying your galactica wedge shaped vessel right up your trapazoid...Buddy!

sum1reel
Msg: 3188
Hockey playoffs
Posted: 6/20/2011 4:51:28 AM
So you waited on the moment for someone to just say something bad about your Yankees...We all know you are the New York Galactica Defender...

...targeting all the cheap-shot takers from your neck of the woods!....

And don't you forget...

...about those 2 long dongs stuffed way into your colon!.....no pal i won't, but you go enjoy your big little parade!....it will help take your mind off your rectal problems for a while!
 JackAttack29
Msg: 3189
view profile
History
Hockey Playoff Predictions
Posted: 6/21/2011 12:56:21 AM
Bruins won! YEAHHH!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Hockey Playoff Predictions