Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > THE BEST THING TO DO AFTER A BREAK UP IS......      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 memory maker
Msg: 26
THE BEST THING TO DO AFTER A BREAK UP IS......Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Went out and bought a couple DVDs, a couple of CDs, took myself out to dinner and a movie. Then I got into a few projects that I had been putting off in order to make time for the gal.
Party on!!

Hi, Cat!
 LISAG31974
Msg: 27
THE BEST THING TO DO AFTER A BREAK UP IS......
Posted: 4/25/2006 1:47:43 PM
These are all great ideas :)
 CuteNPerky2
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/25/2006 1:59:50 PM
meet someone new immediatly
 gentlemanharley
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/25/2006 6:50:37 PM
I agree with you that the church can give you the support you need, my problem is my wife of 22 years ran off with our preacher. Good thing is they're in another state. Would like to talk to you.

W.R.
 LISAG31974
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/25/2006 7:26:45 PM
wow gentle i am so sorry to hear that... Best of luck you
 LISAG31974
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/25/2006 7:28:19 PM
oops i meant best of luck to you :)
 chicaloca
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/25/2006 8:06:18 PM
Dear Lisa, You have my sympathy and best wishes. I am going through the same thing myself. Everywhere I go, every song I hear, everything I see reminds me of him and things that we did together. I loved him with my whole heart and gave him everything I had to give and he walked out on me like I was nothing. I try to keep very busy and I have good friends and a great mom but the emptiness is big and the pain is enormous. I cry every day. I can't believe he could hurt me so badly when I was always there for him in every way. I helped him through some incredible bad times. He lied to me, he hurt me, he discarded me. And the darn thing is that I still feel love for him. I am a very affectionate and loyal person with a lot of love to give to the right person. I don't want a rebound relationship but I do want an honest, affectionate, loyal man who will treat me right and enjoy the "right treatment" I send his way. I do not want a rebound relationship. I want a REAL relationship. So Lisa we have to work through our pain, trust in the Lord, and pray for the person who broke our heart because they have no idea what they have turned their back on and in the long run they are the ones who lost. Keep your chin up, honey.
 LISAG31974
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/26/2006 6:29:15 AM
Chica,
I am so sorry about what your going through. I so feel your pain!!!! the right man is out there waiting for us. Continue to pray and put God first he has helped me to deal with this for this long. I still have faith and i know that my ex is not the person God has chosen for me. I wish you well with everythying i know its very painful But keep your head up and stay strong.
Good luck to you.

lisa
God Bless
 latinlov16
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/26/2006 11:04:48 AM
Lisa,.. Listen to her,.. she knows what she's talking about.:
 wildgirl_5
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/26/2006 1:49:45 PM
start dating .......u will realize how bad your ex was and see there is true nice ppl out there !!!
 TheGlimmerMan
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/26/2006 1:56:44 PM

Ask Myself what I did wrong.........and take 10 minutes and mourn Her leaving.....lol

As for many reasons there are for getting together with someone...there seems to be double as in a reasons to break up...........

break ups don't have to be a bad thing.......live learn and move on.....
don't take what I say as to knowing anything though...if I did I wouldn't be sitting here typing this right now....
 LISAG31974
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/26/2006 4:24:51 PM
great stuff you guys :)
 carmellas2
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/26/2006 4:36:32 PM
First few weeks drank alot of beer, cried alot, then thought f*** this and went out and had lots of fun, made new friends and after about 7-8 months decided to settle down a little and look for a fishie who wanted a relationship.............
 MsAdriana
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/26/2006 5:02:02 PM
Well I just got dumped. Not by a Long Term love but by a 2 month love interest who just completely stopped calling. What's us with that, so now what am doing......Thanking God I found out now and not 10 yeasr from now. Thanks to everyone who is posting. Thanks Lisa for the topic.
 zenandtheartof
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/26/2006 5:08:15 PM
I think the best thing to do after a break up is watch how that void that is left is filled. Watch you may be said but all that emptiness will start being filled again. I say watch that take comfort and know that you are loved
 pik1forme
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/26/2006 6:32:40 PM
get your poop together and stay busy ,! move on and the sooner you do it the better you are life is knowing the diff between "hanging on and letting go"
 LISAG31974
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/26/2006 8:22:00 PM
nicely said.. :)
 just a nice guy 4u
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2006 9:30:22 PM
What I did after my ex left was change everything i could in my house, rearranged the furniture in every room, changed curtains, bedspreads, almost everything I could without spending alot of money. lol. I just tried to make things as different as possible, I started playing alot of golf to stay busy on my off days, the nights are the hard part at first, you have nothing to do but think about whats next and what am I gonna do now, I was left a note on the counter when I came home from work one night telling me than I did nothing wrong and that she left because she realized how much she was hurting me and she couldn't put me through that anymore, so she left and moved to Texas to be with her internet boyfriend so she wouldn't hurt me anymore, awefully considerate of here wasn't it. lol The comfort I did have was that her entire family was on my side, they still loved her but they were so disappointed in her. Knowing that i didn't do anything wrong really didnt make it easier, just made me think that if I did everything right and still got hurt like this, then what do I do now. I really don't think there is any one way to get over a break up, you need to regain your self confidence which can be difficult and surround yourself by good friends and family, and try to take your mind of what happened. One thing that still gets to me is certain songs, "I cross my heart" has always been one of my favorite songs and was our wedding song, now it reminds me of her whenever I hear it which really sucks. lol

Just keep your head up Lisa and tell yourself that you're better off without him, its his loss.
 blue sunshine
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/26/2006 10:21:33 PM

and take 10 minutes and mourn Her leaving.....lol

I find Glimmerman and we have a drink together....everytime!!!
 duran222
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/26/2006 11:56:52 PM
Find Someone else keep busy after 17 yr relationship worked for me and I NEVER looked back her loss was my gain!!!
 Dahliakitten
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2006 1:49:55 AM
For me, I go to church and read spiritual readings and find a 12 step support group of some kind, volunteer as I can. Refocus in what is my priority in life. Don't hang with people and places who remind me of Him. I need to fill that void with something else.
 checkin-u
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/27/2006 5:32:29 AM
lets see..so many things to do..where to begin..anti-depressants work for some, not for me...exercising is great, makes you feel good about yourself.... let's see, I got my fishing pole out and went and have made some really great friends , hanging out with my girlfriends (works wonders), shopping because of course you need new clothes after you lose all the weight from stress...BONUS....drawing, writing, listening to music, changing your hair, oh don't forget new shoes, ...buy yourself chocolates and flowers JUST because....spending alot of time with my kids and focusing on them instead of a SO really brightens my spirit....just go back and think about all of the fun things you use to love to do before your relationship existed.. break-ups are not always a bad thing
 LISAG31974
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/27/2006 6:06:46 PM
Great ideas :0)
 checkin-u
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/28/2006 6:39:37 AM
ok,,all of these great ideas, which ones are YOU gonna pick girl???.....
 moeskeet
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2006 8:29:36 AM
well break ups are so hard to go threw when you love a person and been with them for a while. I feel you will never get over that person, no matter what they done. i know because my girl left me one day after christmas, i lost my mind because we have two kids together and been together for five years. And for her to just move on with another guy and give him all of what i work for for five years destoryed me. to see them together is like being shot in the heart and left to die slow, but you don't die. it's just long pain and heartache. but soon or later the'll relize they took a big loss at the end. the person they chose over you is just a dead beat and they'll soon come running back to you. what should you do? i don't know but trust is a big issue and you may never trust them again, so i guess let time improve the sisutation. my kids mother took a big down fall, am i wrong for enjoying the pain she's going threw now, such as losing her job, her new man crash her car running from another man, cause he was messing wit his old lady. he also beat on her as well. they say the lord works in a misterious way. boy do i love the lords work. i admit i'm still hurt but i'm still living! now this how the woman be chasing me
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > THE BEST THING TO DO AFTER A BREAK UP IS......