Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > THE BEST THING TO DO AFTER A BREAK UP IS......      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 colortocdoc
Msg: 101
view profile
History
THE BEST THING TO DO AFTER A BREAK UP IS......Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
 Mimi T
Msg: 102
THE BEST THING TO DO AFTER A BREAK UP IS......
Posted: 5/25/2006 12:00:23 AM
Well I went back to an old boyfriend that my ex hated cause he had a bigger dik and longer hair (he knew about tha dik cause i told him) and made sure his friends found out about it.... LOL Hey loves a b**ch, a b**ch sucks and then you die from some kind of rot ya cant wash off.... lol
 NOAngel01
Msg: 103
Posted: 5/25/2006 12:08:07 AM
i shut everyone out i stayed in my room all the time didnt want nothing to do with nobody. my friends would force me to go out as much as possible, try and set me up with different guys but nothing seemed to help untill one day i desided i wasnt gonna think about him anymore he didnt care about me so why should i care about him and that was that
 spongesx
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/13/2008 8:24:00 PM
woooo go jesus
jesus is magic!!
 oggers
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 12:18:30 AM
Find things to do to take your mind off your breakup .. throw yourself into your work or your hobby for a while, HAPPY music, loud (!), date plenty of others in a non-serious relationship kinda way .. stuff like that , and if you need someone to have a non serious relationship with, drop me a line lol
 unincubus
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/14/2008 9:43:30 AM
...Is to meet another partner (friend) and go out with... it was damn hard after 2 y, but in a just a few monts Ive found a nice girl (6 years older then me) who helped me getting through the situation.. That was hapened last y. The best is to try not to look back :) "show must go on"
 good guy75
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/14/2008 11:01:55 AM
i would take time for my self.alot of people go on to another realation ship and there damaged goods.know who you are and what you want and the next time should be better.o if you run into a nice guy let him know you like him instead of treating him like he hurt you.
 Taralaraa
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/14/2008 1:54:24 PM
.... to get that piercing you want that they didnt like the idea of..... to decorate the bathroom how you want it...... to throw away all the clutterly cushions they insisted made the place look cosy..... to pour down the sink all the teeth-staining, gut-rotting red wine they thought you would drink after you continually told them you didnt like red.... is all very therapeutic....
 mddunlap
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 2:27:54 PM
ok i need help iv been talking to a girl 4 years always had a bf then he cheated on her so 1 month latter she asked me out i trated her like she was my prices cuz she was my world i loved her so much she said it felt like a dream cuz no one ever treated her like i was but 3 months latter she starts talking bought her ex and dumps me saying she dont know wtf iv tried drinking work 60 hours a week stil cant get her off my mind any help ?

now she calling and saying maybe in time we will get back together but im tied of being the fall back guy i just want to hate her but i cant so it makes it hard to move on i still smile when i see her pics (there every where im trying to get rid of them )
any one ?
 misenyorita
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/14/2008 2:42:01 PM
thank you for posting that thread..i am on the process of getting over the feeling of breaking a relationship.
Its sad inside that i cant explain...but i am just giving myself time till this week to mourn and be sad.. The gu is not llucky enough to affect me like this....
Hope u will find a way for that...as i am trying too...and if i find one that helps me i will tell u...dont worry u are not th eonly one...
 Fight Naked
Msg: 111
Posted: 8/14/2008 2:45:24 PM
You have a sad day or week with a time limit. Then you get your favorite music and just dance it out. Dance and sing to yourself unitl you feel better. No sad music.

Gona wash that man right out of my hair.

Then do something nice for yourself. Have a spa day, get a new fresh hair cut and ... say hello world. Better for you than wine.

Live your best life.
 mdk
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 2:51:53 PM
Everyone is different....

But, regardless of the person it takes time. You have options: #1 you can dismiss the break up like it was nothing and internalize it. This will manifest into health issues. #2, you can suffer for a long time and never make progress. #3, you can acknowledge what the relationship meant to you, cry your heart over and slowly start to rebuild your life. Find a new hobby, join clubs, dive into work projects or get a pet..... Over time you will grow from this experience and be a better person. A free website helped me called divorcerecovery101.com check it out as it took years off of my recovery. The next thing to realize is that millions of people have gone through what you are going through... I used to think that I was the only one and that my relationship was so much more special.... I found that others had what I had....

Bets of luck and believe in who you are.
 Naughtical
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/14/2008 2:52:39 PM
I suggest doing what this woman did...of course it's not feasible for most of us but you get the idea.

From She Let Herself Go:
a song by George Strait

He wondered how she'd take it when he said goodbye.
Thought she might do some cryin': lose some sleep at night.
But he had no idea, when he hit the road,
That without him in her life, she'd let herself go.

Let herself go on a singles cruise,
To Vegas once, then to Honolulu.
Let herself go to New York City:
A week at the Spa; came back knocked-out pretty.
When he said he didn't love her no more,
She let herself go.

Let herself go on her first blind-date:
Had the time of her life with some friends at the lake.
Let herself go, buy a brand new car,
Drove down to the beach he always said was too far.
Sand sure felt good between her toes:
 bluesea321
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/14/2008 2:58:12 PM
hiya lisa , i was with my sons dad 16yrs ! and we had a little boy,1day he came home from work and told me he been seeing someone else and he leaving to be with her..i was sooo heart broken ,that was 8yrs ago now and it still hurts but not as much..best way to get over heart break is time thats the best healer! at the time i didnt think id ever be able to move on but in time your be okay, i stayed away from drink as drink is a antidepressant it can make you feel ten times worse ,which is what it did to me ,i found not drinking kepted the tears away and i didnt feel like throwing myself under a lorry..I would stay away from men too untill you feel better as they are great at picking out woman who are down and you dont want anymore heartache..wait till you have gotten over your ex..keep busy and spend time with your friends ,remember relationships come and go but friends are there for ever..all the best
 heyohhhhhh
Msg: 115
Posted: 8/26/2010 11:52:30 AM
never happened.
 FunkTheMillenium
Msg: 116
Posted: 8/26/2010 4:15:51 PM
go see you re family.
 MMafiaV
Msg: 117
Posted: 8/26/2010 4:41:10 PM
What breakup?. Who? what ex?. :)
 Trixye
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/26/2010 9:07:39 PM
Well the sad music doesn't help...in the least. Get some more cheerful music and remember if you were intended to be together, that's where fate would have you. Unfortunately it didn't work out. Now you have to pick up the pieces of your heart and move on with your life. And remember if God brings you to it, it will bring you through it.
 JP1111
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2010 12:18:50 AM
Look at yourself today after the breakup and look at who you were while you were dating them. See what it was you did wrong to make the relationship end and learn from that.

In other words, you can see the breakup as a devasting heart breaking thing or, you can see it as an opportunity to learn something about yourself. It's hard of course but if you truly want to heal, look at yourself and NOT the other person and blaming them for the breakup.
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 120
Posted: 8/27/2010 6:00:08 AM

Well the sad music doesn't help...in the least. Get some more cheerful music and remember if you were intended to be together, that's where fate would have you. Unfortunately it didn't work out. Now you have to pick up the pieces of your heart and move on with your life. And remember if God brings you to it, it will bring you through it.

cheerful music during a bad situation just does not mix. if this post is correct, i wonder when is the right time to listen to sad music. i listen to a lot.
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2010 10:35:12 AM
things I tend to do to feel better after a breakup:

Get a haircut (or new clothes, or whatever makes you feel like you've got a new look)

travel (getting out of town is a great distraction, even if you have to go alone, you can book with a group tour or something if you are not comfortable with travelling alone. But travelling alone is so much fun.)

flirt! (not to date, just to remember that there are fun parts to being unattached)
 railrunner
Msg: 122
Posted: 8/29/2010 1:32:37 PM
...Lock and load!

Just kidding!

For me, it would have to be, go to the hobby shop, where the owner is a good friend of mine, and sit around there all day, helping with train repair projects, or helping out with inventory or other store jobs, and go home at night with ARMFULS of model train kits!

The kits give me a clear week or better of distractions, probably more when factoring in upgrades to the 'stock' parts, such as couplers and wheels.
 forums1
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2010 6:04:59 PM
Yup, I can relate to the too much wine (ok, it wasn't wine, not a big wine drinker, but... 'alcoholic beverage overdose' ). After a few weeks of wallowing in it for a while (oh, I should mention when she moved in we had to get rid of all *my* furniture because hers was "so much better"... so my entire upstairs of my house had my bed, my dresser, and a love seat - that was it - "emptiness" didn't help the wallowing in it)... I went out with a friend and bought a new couch (she actually bought the same one) and love seat, went yard-sale'ing and found a nice matching coffee table & end table, found a almost mint condition 100W stereo system (divorced lady just down the street moving away), took a trip out to Cape Cod and bought some (3/$100) Cape paintings to hang on the walls... (well, and fell asleep on a bench by Marconi Station for a few hours and got horribly sunburned ). Turned it back into "my house" again.

Had this rusted basketball hoop in the front by the street, bent hoop, no net... so I bought a new hoop & net, some white rustoleum paint, broke out the ladder and fixed it up - and shot hoop outside almost every day after work for months (until it started getting too cold)... lost 20lbs, felt great...

Do things to get yourself out of ... um, yourself, your head.
 GSchuck
Msg: 124
Posted: 8/31/2010 2:44:05 AM
I still say the best way to get over a relationship, is to get over or under someone else.
 ~Lea~
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2010 3:35:23 PM
Get out and meet someone new or do something...Keep yourself busy.
Forget about them...Do not chase them.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > THE BEST THING TO DO AFTER A BREAK UP IS......