Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > THE BEST THING TO DO AFTER A BREAK UP IS......      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 viper1j
Msg: 151
THE BEST THING TO DO AFTER A BREAK UP IS......Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I started baking!

A Divorce Cake
Ingredients:
* 2 cups flour
* 1 stick butter
* 1 cup of water
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 cup of sugar
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 cup of brown sugar
* Lemon juice
* 4 large eggs
* Nuts
* 1 bottle Scotch
* 2 cups of dried fruit

Sample the Scotch to check quality.

Take a large bowl, check the Scotch again to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat.

Turn on the electric mixer.

Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar. Beat again.

At this point it's best to make sure the Scotch is still OK.

Cry another tup... Just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy.

Break 2 legs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.

Pick the frigging fruit up off floor.

Switch on the mixerer. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver.

Sample the Scotch to check its tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt …or something.

Check the Scotch. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.
Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or some fink.

Whatever you can find, just for the hell of it.

Grease the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to turn off the beaterer, mixy thingymajig.

Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the Scotch and kick the cat.
 whatevs_meh
Msg: 152
THE BEST THING TO DO AFTER A BREAK UP IS......
Posted: 2/20/2011 7:38:59 AM
I went through a breakup with someone years ago who at the time meant more to me than any before her. Ironically, it was also the healthiest process of healing I had as well.

It seems when we thing of our ex in the beginning, we tend to remember all the cute and warm memories we shared, and as a result, we long for those times (and by association - the ex as well). Whenever that happened to me, I'd also remember all the not-so-nice times we shared, and realize that we were never going to make it anyways. "We weren't made for each other" helped me heal immeasureably.
 thetrick123
Msg: 153
Posted: 2/20/2011 8:33:42 AM
I joined POF after the break-up with my SO. I was devastated emotionally, so it took some time to adjust to starting over after he was gone. I did cut my hair very short after the split, but its a good looks on me. I discovered that getting "under" someone to get "over" someone did not work for me, there simply was nothing there for me. Stopped dating for a very long time after finding nothing of interest out there.

I still have yet to find "him", who ever he might be. I have become very selective, as well we should be, in who I choose to meet anymore. In the beginning after my break-up I have to admit, I was something of a serial dater, boring and meaningless get togethers wore out quickly for me.

Emotionally I have moved on from the ex, I do however hold on to the great feelings we had at one time and still believe that I can and will find that connection again one day.
 viper1j
Msg: 154
Posted: 2/20/2011 8:40:20 AM
If you love something, set it free..

If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it. ;-p
 jabelrock22
Msg: 155
Posted: 2/20/2011 8:58:36 AM
Best thing to do after a break up is to go to a gig. It's such a great way to work out any inbuilt tension + stress! You'll feel a million bucks! :)
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 156
Posted: 2/20/2011 9:47:37 AM
The last break up for me was after one that lasted about 4 months. I heard it takes about the same amount of time to get over a relationship as the relationship lasted. (Obviously not true as so many relationships last 10 or 20 years), but, anyway, I took it to heart and began to heal, and felt completely healed within 4 months. I guess it is all in how you look at it and how you deal with it. Having a friend I could tell it all to, who listened and supported me, that helped a lot. I would not want to internalize the whole thing. I didn't drink, I didn't over eat, I did some crying....but that only lasted a couple of weeks. Sadness turned to anger, and then the anger just dissipated. Then I moved on, too many important things to do with my life.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2011 12:54:42 PM
I didn't have a breakup...yet, it ended all the same...I was crushed...and I didn't know what to do or how to feel...somehow, I felt my way into the forums...and for me the anonymity of the internet let and helped me to express my feelings...to let go...so now I'm sooo...ok
 valenciacityx
Msg: 158
Posted: 2/21/2011 11:40:18 PM
get your passport
pack your bags
grab a dictionary
and leave the continent
 karma1160
Msg: 159
Posted: 2/27/2011 6:33:26 PM
valenciacityx said: "get your passport
pack your bags
grab a dictionary
and leave the continent

Wouldn't that be nice, I also like to bake !!!!!!!!! but my favorite is to walk around the house cursing their name.
After this, I usually get on my bike (pedal) and ride.
Then I reserve some time with Ben and Jerry.
Then I start looking at new horses lol, not that I will get back on one just to let me know that their are more fish in the sea!!!
 Ipad232
Msg: 160
Posted: 2/27/2011 7:52:58 PM
The best thing to do is to get out there and meet people. I was also involved in a long term relationship (12 years) which ended painfully. The first couple of weeks were tough. Went through similar things - wine, sad songs etc but I can tell you from experience, is that you really do need to move on with your life. I know this is easier said than done, we you all of a sudden find yourself with someone you thought you would die with, can be recasting. But, and this is a good but. There are so many great life experiences and people out there.

Life is so short,we all really do need to enjoy it. I have been speeding time with friends, dating and hanging out with myself. And it's all good. It's actually great. It can take time to move forward but nice you do, you will find that is pretty warm out there.

Personally, I would toss the cd's (keep the wine though) and go out and have some fun.

Good luck
 DebiDuzDishes
Msg: 161
Posted: 2/28/2011 5:59:16 PM
i did a HIMYM marathon.. how can ANYONE be depressed watching a SITCOM!

I love that show!!
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 162
Posted: 3/8/2011 7:11:35 AM
To make sure you have a designated driver, to take you home after you try to drink the memories or her away.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 163
Posted: 3/8/2011 8:20:29 AM

^^Focused on me, my life and enjoyed it! And grateful for all the blessings in my life! Focus on the positive and the h*ll with the negative!!!

And dance like nobody's watching....................
 benbar
Msg: 164
Posted: 3/9/2011 5:43:07 PM
Make the changes that contributed to the break-up, and set the goal of making myself the best person I can be. I'm down 40 pounds and having a ball. She's up 30 pounds and tiring of her new pal. ( I 'm not going back)
 merelymortal
Msg: 165
Posted: 3/14/2011 2:46:10 PM
Its true that the best thing to do is throw yourself into work , but if you're like me and have no job, thats sorta hard.

I've basically just thrown myself into alcohol, running, and friends. Not to mention applying for work (had an interview today, hope they call back) and a few one night stands.

Funny thing is, I think her leaving me has left me even more motivated to get an even better job so that she'll look me up and find out how big of an idiot she was for using me and leaving me. Stupid bimbo...
 afitnessmodel
Msg: 166
Posted: 3/19/2011 9:25:29 PM
what i do with any kind of hurt & pain...i take it out on my music/song writing...talents...i pump it up at the gym...i take time off from dating and just heal...i learn what happen and the best sitcom to help take the blues away...is ELLEN...this girl gets me all the time...she will help take that pain away...you will laugh...and its good to laugh no matter what...just spoil yourself the best way you can...tell yourself out loud your special & a beautiful person...talk to yourself out loud as you are talking to another person in the room about how you feel and so on...just don't let anyone hear ya...lol...it helps...go to the library get books that will help you...or make you laugh...the sweet potato queens is great for women & men...you will laugh...the pain can take a long time to heal but overall it will go away...
 mariacba
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2011 10:24:29 AM
Recollet your pieces.
It's like learning to walk again.Allow time to mourn for the loss but get out there as soon as possible.You may be missing somebody special if you dwell in the past.
regards
maria
 starzgirl72
Msg: 168
Posted: 4/3/2011 11:32:54 AM
After my last relationship ended, I mourned it, and then focused on myself...got back into going to the gym regularly, joined local meetup groups to get involved in different activities and to help meet new people, had a fling...point is that you should be kind to yourself and do whatever it takes to help you move past the breakup and look to the future.

javascript:smilie('')
 zaphod23
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2011 9:16:13 AM
Bloke here. Average looks. slim, 49. Wish i was a woman. A one nighter would be great, not even kissed a woman for 2 years. But I dont think you ladies understand how difficult it is for us guys to just go out and get laid, you really DO need to be a 'boy' a 'jack the lad' its true!!
 FyrKrakn
Msg: 170
Posted: 4/5/2011 9:58:00 AM
Oh puhleeeze, wah wah wah, you women don't know how hard it is to get laid, boo hoo.

Put some diaper creme on that rash. Every woman I know has gone through dry spells, even when in a relationship!

Men keep whining about how difficult it is to get laid....Then maybe STOP TRYING SO HARD TO GET LAID.

If all you want is a shaggin, pay for it.

If you want a no strings attached free night to remember, yeah, that's kinda hard to find. Duh. You've told that since before you got your**** wet, but y'all keep playing the lottery, looking for the win. And then acting like it's our bad because you're a loser.

Want what you need, don't need what you want.

In the larger scheme of things, most men I've known want to get laid to the point of need, but when they apply their brain cells and heart pumps, you learn that getting laid is a shallow substitute for what they really need, a happy, functional, sexual relationship with someone who loves making love to ONLY him, love screwing ONLY him blind, loves his company and he loves her back in the same way. This is what so many actually need, but they act like it is so impossible to get, may as well just settle for getting "laid."

For MOST men, and women, it's the perfect nsa one nighter getting WELL and SATISFACTORIALLY Laid, that is IMPOSSIBLE.

Loving, functional happy sexual relationships require people to stop blaming, stop whining, stop selfishness, stop hyper its-all-about-meeeeeee focus, develop a personality, come to LIKE themselves, come to appreciate humanity, and JUST GROW UP.

It's a lot to do, but really, not all that difficult, not impossible, not rare.

Getting laid by a stranger and feeling like that was so awesome that your need is slaked for awhile, now, that's rare. For everyone.

In otherwords, just because we don't put out to every Tom****and Harry, don't mean it's our fault that your****s most reliable lay is your hand.
 cautiousluv
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2011 3:49:05 PM
Do what I do best when things get tough......crawl into my shell and push everyone away that even remotely tries to get in.
 cautiousluv
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2011 4:44:39 PM
^^^^^ Oh wait...it says "the BEST thing to do after a break-up"

No....don't do what I do. That's probaby the WORST thing you could do. :-)
 zaphod23
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2011 7:39:27 AM
Ineresting reply, nicely put!
You must admit though, that if your just an average looking guy like myself and are a litttle shy, then its really hard to find a partner. Yes of course thats what I want, thats what most people want; love, companionship and all that comes with it.
I've been trying on this site for 9 months and got nowhere, I sit in pubs and dont swagger up to ladies and give them corny lines. I would feel a fool! So, more advice please:- how am I going to find LOVE?
Its harder for MEN!! Who's going to chat me up?
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 174
Posted: 4/7/2011 9:46:55 AM

Living well is the best revenge.
 FyrKrakn
Msg: 175
Posted: 4/7/2011 10:05:32 AM
No, I don't admit that an average looking guy has trouble. The majority of Lothario's that I've met and known well, were men who had something technically downright unattractive if not UGLY, about them. Met a guy with skin covered with old zit scars, a bent nose, a crooked smile, and skinny, he had the girls falling like leaves in fall. One looked like Fred Flinstone and overweight. One looked A LOT like Fred, was 200 pounds overweight, neither ever had a problem collecting hearts to break. One had chicken legs and hair that grew too low over his cro-magnun brow, he got the chicks and made them insane. I have so many examples in my head right now, but the thing is, they all had a confidence that was either an excellent sham covering massive insecurity, or their confidence was real. Time and time again,, women will tell you that confidence WINS the game. Remember John Travolta strutting down the street with his cans of paint? He looked like a douchebag dumazz, but man, was his confidence HOT!

It is NOT harder for men, it is NOT harder for women. It is all about the image you project. Either take charge or you life, or pretend as if you are. You might get caught out in the pretense and your humanity revealed, but, in the process of learning to pretend, you will be developing the reality.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > THE BEST THING TO DO AFTER A BREAK UP IS......