Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > WHY DON'T MEN TAKE THE FIRST STEP ANYMORE???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GUMMLE
Msg: 51
WHY DON'T MEN TAKE THE FIRST STEP ANYMORE???Page 3 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

Men seem to be growing weary of the chase ladies...time to turn the tables and chase us.

That's one alternative...
Another is to just meet us half way...
 Lil,blonde
Msg: 52
WHY DON'T MEN TAKE THE FIRST STEP ANYMORE???
Posted: 1/4/2007 3:08:52 PM
I like all the answers and have read through all of them
Thanks for the input all. It gave me something to really think about.
classplus
 aalhazzred
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/4/2007 3:39:59 PM
The men in your age bracket are tired of rejection.
We've been through it all, weary of the game, all the fake role playing, all the childish expectations, blah, it's almost as if we can predict what will happen just by reading the self absorbed profiles.
In order to pursue something I must want it bad, but at fifty I just don't care that much anymore.
 Mollymitten
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2007 3:49:00 PM

In order to pursue something I must want it bad, but at fifty I just don't care that much anymore.

I hear you on this one. In the last 12 months I decided not to sit back and wait for what I wanted, but rather to go after it. Yes I got some rejections, but that's all part of the fun (kind of). I also got some acceptances, which far exceeded my expectations.

I will not subscribe to the stereotype that men must persue women any more!
 Dsuperc
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2007 12:48:34 PM
Chivalry died with the emancipation of women
 Crash27
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/8/2007 1:49:24 PM
why don't we take the first step....well I know that's a load of crap, I can only speak for myself, but I have taken the first step many times, and unfourtunately when you see a lot of (this is not whining by any means either so please don't take it the wrong way)unread/read deleted, you get kinda discouraged and think why bother. that and many of us are shy, besides, what happened to the equality women want (ooooooh I'm so gonna get slammed for this). Well we want it too, women gotta take the first step sometimes too.
 Firmbear8
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/8/2007 5:22:24 PM
Well I have gotten tired of emailing women and they don't even bother to reply back .
Yep seems us men have too meet some specal list of rules or the women won't reply back. Well thats cool as that shows me why they are also single and alone too!LMAO

And like I said before any woman who is complaining that guys do not take the first step is surely on some other website or her restrictions are so high no one can meet them.

Yes alot of men are tired of the mind games and trying to make that first step and then you ladies boot us in the face when we try !
As for me and probbly alot of other men we are not taking the first step anymore !
If you women want to contact us then please do so and stop complaining because we have heard all the reasons and know all the games and we are tired of the crap .
 Ashley Danielle...
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/8/2007 5:31:41 PM
Well, Most of the people i know off the site have emailed me first....once in awhile ill email someone first, but it is very rare that I make first contact......so I dont think its true at al
 JeepRennie
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/8/2007 5:36:16 PM
Why don't men take the first step anymore? Geez, I dunno. Why don't women hang out in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant anymore?? Things CHANGE.
 Sharp Witted One
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/8/2007 5:37:55 PM
^^^^^^^^^Thank God and amen to that!
 Crash27
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/8/2007 5:47:48 PM

Yes alot of men are tired of the mind games and trying to make that first step and then you ladies boot us in the face when we try !
As for me and probbly alot of other men we are not taking the first step anymore !
If you women want to contact us then please do so and stop complaining because we have heard all the reasons and know all the games and we are tired of the crap .

Couldn't have said it better myself.....Amen to that
 whobannedmyname
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/8/2007 6:25:20 PM
Well thats cool as that shows me why they are also single and alone too!LMAO << i guess Richard is so cool that everyone must respond to his wity filled emails .

If you women want to contact us then please do so and stop complaining because we have heard all the reasons and know all the games and we are tired of the crap <<< wtf ? Richard it appears that the only one complaining is you champ , you might claim to know the reason for people being single but i doubt its due to them not responding to your emails .

Richard i suggest you tighten your helmet before you respond to threads .

oh ya to add to this topic , i have nothing of real value other then stop over analysing shit
 angelfire-75
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/8/2007 6:27:14 PM
^^^^maybe it's too tight already and his head is about to explode
 Jetplague
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/8/2007 6:30:10 PM
Men always take the first step in.

They take the first step in....they take first step out...the take another step in and the woman shakes them all about. They try to get a lil' hokey pokey but end up without...and that's what its all about.
 TABBS
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2007 6:30:51 PM
^^^^ now how much fun would that be doode, if we stopped analysing shit we would never grow as people.

Well we want it too, women gotta take the first step sometimes too.

^^^ well if we knew when u fuvckers were interested maybe we would take the first step.
i swear u men are all worse than woman, at least we play with our hair and shit and give u loads of body language to go on. just my freakin, frackin, flippin opinion.
 Crash27
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/8/2007 6:36:29 PM

at least we play with our hair and shit and give u loads of body language to go on
But havent you women figured out that most of us men are completely oblivious.....oh maybe that's just me
 My Infusion
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/8/2007 6:46:53 PM
Sometimes, taking that first step isn't always the best move. Time and patience is your best friend. Rather than reacting to a situation it can be beneficial to learn more about your potential interest. I've experienced the disadvantage and benefit of both, so I don't think it's a question of making the first move... it's more like making sure you are makng a good move.

Gender doesn't matter.
 KelanRey
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/8/2007 7:16:08 PM
Well I can say I have sent quite a few emails to men...and I have had some great conversations with some...others have read and deleted my emails....you just keep on plugging away I say...

I have received emails from men and I have read and responded to everyone...people have to remember you may not have a love connection with everyone but you can make some friends here as well..

What baffles me are the people that add you to their favourits list...a few people did that to me so I sent them an email and guess what they read and deleted it so I thought why am I on your favourites...

All I can say to both men and women just email email email...it is all about numbers eventually you will find someone that clicks...

oh and go to POF parties...yeah yeah
 howie415
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/8/2007 7:27:43 PM
this is a really good thread all I can say to this is here I am now if I could just find my shoes and get out of the kitchen
 KelanRey
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/8/2007 7:43:18 PM

this is a really good thread all I can say to this is here I am now if I could just find my shoes and get out of the kitchen

thanks howie I got a good chuckle from this!!
 JeepRennie
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/8/2007 7:47:56 PM

But havent you women figured out that most of us men are completely oblivious.....oh maybe that's just me

Um...Nope...It ain't just you. I always thought women played with their hair and stuff when they were Fidgety, not Interested.
 retrogirl44
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/8/2007 8:54:20 PM
AHHHH HELLL lol here it is all summed up in a nut shell THERE ALL BIG CHICKENS !!! lol

J/K more like they are really shy or dont think you will give them a responce or time of day !!

I think the ones who do contact you are either way too eager or have other thoughts on their minds if you know what I mean !! lol

But yes I do agree on one thing PICS!! are a must with me too , no pic no responce

Be Real !! and Be Yourself !!

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!
 shryko
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/8/2007 8:55:21 PM
I personally am not that eager to find a date, and I have many friends, so I'm currently just waiting with the bait (myself) out, if anybody wants to come and see, they can feel free... but I'm in university, and I know that it is a bigger deal to keep the friends I have, and to prepare for my future which is ahead of me...

really, I find it's a bit sadistic for people to expect the guys to always make first contact, as some guys would be too nervous to do so... anxiety issues aren't limited to girls, for all that it may seem that way. Really, first contact shouldn't be limited by gender...

express a desire to talk, and then if you want the guy to make the first move, let him do so after communication has been started... worst case, the 2 of you find you don't care for each other, and break it off... best case, it all works out happily... and the final case, it doesn't exactly happen, but you're still friends.
 Kitkat45
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/8/2007 9:02:36 PM
This thread is too funny! While most of the posters are logical in their explanations, I find one or two to be quite bitter. Hmmm...wonder why that is? If you have a profile that SHOUTS negativity, that is what you will receive in return. Or of you post negativity or senseless dribble in the forums, that does not do much to make you look more attractive either. I think in today's age, male or female? If you find someone who interests you? Mail them. If they delete with no reply, you gain! lol...
 Da69Devil
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/9/2007 1:11:09 AM

If you find someone who interests you? Mail them. If they delete with no reply, you gain! lol...

i agree with you there .. i find that women email me as much as i email others .. hmm (thinks to self .. is that too much or too little) ...

all kidding aside .. there are days when i just flip through a thread and someone's post catches my eye .. then off to have a looksie @ their profile .. then email them ..

i get a lot of read (some deleted afterwards) and every now and then i get one that wasn't even read .. usually this makes me call out a name, make a mental note of the name (so i dont email them again) and carry-on ..

every now and then (like last month) i get the unread/deleted .. and i think grrrrrr at least you could have done is read what i wrote out of courtesy .. or made it look like that by simply opening it and then deleting it .. so i sent her my lil thought politely .. and boy did she get nasty .. and then nastier with each email .. was kinda fun tho

but i found that i'm emailing less now that i have had my share of no responses .. leaves you with two options .. either you cut down on your emailing .. or you would have to consider copy and pasting the same message .. to save you time from having to be original only to be unread and deleted..

i respond to ALL my emails in case you were wondering .. can always be friends even if the 'connection' isn't there from both sides
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > WHY DON'T MEN TAKE THE FIRST STEP ANYMORE???