Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 angelwings4me
Msg: 26
view profile
History
WOMEN: What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I think ideally the man would be at least 4 to 5 inches taller *minimum* I dont date guys that arent at a minimum 4" taller, I've been called "shallow" because of that, however I did give it a try and was uncomfortable all evening, even felt myself slouching when normally I have great posture. Perhaps it stems from some "vertically challenged" men I knew who had a Napolian complex, It's one of those "little" peeves of mine (*pun intended LOL)
 delytful
Msg: 27
WOMEN: What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?
Posted: 6/9/2006 11:25:33 AM
The perfect height difference to me is where I can rest my head on his shoulder when we are slow dancing.
 Soledad86
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/9/2006 11:28:54 AM
Theres no way I would ever date anyone shorter then me, thats just plain ridiculous, I'm tall 5'9 and I feel very self concious around guys my height, so ideally I prefer them to be at least 6". I love that feeling of being with a taller guy like a blanket of security when were together.
 heltster
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/9/2006 11:33:05 AM

I'm 5'8' and most of the guy's I've been interested in have been my height or maybe a few inches taller at best.

I'd prefer a guy my height or taller although I wouldn't call it a necessity. There are plenty of nice guys 5'7' and shorter and I think eliminating them from the potential dating pool based on something physical like that is just silly.

right on, the taller you are the more you should like short men! I mean who can do the small things better? Who can walk through a 5'9" doorway without having to terribly bend down? You see, tallism is a sweep that has swept across the country, even though they are the freaks! I am not calling you a freak, you are shorter than 6' tall!
 heltster
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/9/2006 11:34:09 AM

I'm 5'8' and most of the guy's I've been interested in have been my height or maybe a few inches taller at best.

I'd prefer a guy my height or taller although I wouldn't call it a necessity. There are plenty of nice guys 5'7' and shorter and I think eliminating them from the potential dating pool based on something physical like that is just silly.

right on, the taller you are the more you should like short men! I mean who can do the small things better? Who can walk through a 5'9" doorway without having to terribly bend down? You see, tallism is a sweep that has swept across the country, even though they are the freaks!
 charlie_girl
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/9/2006 11:44:44 AM
I've dated taller, much taller, same (I'm 5'8"), and shorter. I am definitely okay with same height, and I have truly given shorter (5'6"-5'7") a try, more than once, and I am just not at all comfortable --especially when this last shorter guy made a big deal about being on tiptoe to kiss me or teasingly tried to sit in my lap! I did not see the humor in that, and after him, no more shorter men. Period. Sorry. Not being shallow. Frankly, I've rarely seen a couple when the woman is so much taller-- that one or the other doesn't feel awkward about it.

My ideal height for a man would be 5'11" and over. So, in answer to your question -- man at least that high-heel 3-4inches taller than the woman. But what is ever ideal?
Average height -- my height, is just fine with me.
 rlbmkb
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/11/2006 2:13:50 PM
well I am 6'1 and a bbw so it is very hard for me to find a guy who is taller than me AND prefers bigger women......I don't date shorter than myself because it just feels weird
 vicksen
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/11/2006 2:41:31 PM
Hey didnt you know that when you are laying down ..height doesnt matter...lol
 1TallMomma
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/11/2006 2:55:46 PM
I am about 6'1" and I haven't ever dated a guy taller than me. I've found a LOT of tall guys don't like tall girls, so I don't stress over it. The shortest I have dated was 5'5" and the tallest was 6'0". I didn't like the 5'5" just because he felt weird standing next to me. If a guy is comfortable with his height (or lack of), it makes it a better experience. My favorite was probably 5'8".. so it just depends on the person I suppose!

If they are too short, I could sit down or they could to kiss me!
 irishmish
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/11/2006 7:13:27 PM
Ahhh, Viksen, that is NOT true......................when you are about the same size (within 2 inches), everything lines up perfectly; especially the lips, so you can get those long deep kisses while everything else fits just right!
 FrancoisC
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/11/2006 7:59:03 PM
There must be more than a physical attraction. What's wrong with intellect. I've heard tell one reason why tall men like small woman? If woman has no finesse, I shall remain a recluse.
 FrancoisC
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/11/2006 8:06:54 PM
AND thanks for the advice, from now on any woman approaching my height I'll ingore, I am seeking romance and not just a sexual plaything to be shown shown off to boost a woman's flagging ego.
 Jetasis
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/11/2006 11:20:00 PM
**Side note** Being 6'5 I TOTALLY want to find a girl who is like 5'11, 6'0. That would be awesome....not gonna happen any time soon most likely, but it would be sweet! Most girls I date are 5'5 - 5'8ish. Seems to work out pretty well!
 Kennyb25501
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/12/2006 7:58:58 PM
I am 6'7 if there are any takers.. I ahve heard Sooo many TALL jokes..

To me it does not matter the size of the woman if she keeps herself well and is a good person at 5'0 to 6+ does not matter. Some Tall women and short should possibly look at something else besides size as to hy they cannot get a man. Cause from all the guys I know They are NOT too picky...

FRÊCKLËS~JÕ~®
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/12/2006 8:37:37 PM
hmmmmmmmm I'm 5'5".. and I have dated men from 5'8" to well over 6' tall... personally I like taller men...
right now.. 6'4" suites me just fine..
 leeanndemon
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/12/2006 9:52:33 PM
I'm 5'8 and female. if he's 5'10 (in case I actually wear heels one crazy day) or taller and willign to do all the work and lean down to kiss me (on command) then I am willing to date him provided he meets my other criteria (a girl has to have her standards!) my personal preference, though is 6 ft and up. My 5'6 sister married and was divorced by her 6'0 husband. he might have been 6'2. she always told me she'd never date anyone shorter than 6'0.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/12/2006 10:56:19 PM
I think anyone who says that the height difference must be a foot or higher is not only shallow but absolutely out to lunch. Some people just need to be educated.

I would say anywear from 2 to 4 should be enough, anything more is going into the selfish /shallow/unrealistic/joke category.

Offourse if it happens that a guy who is over a foot taller then the lady he's dating, there is nothing wrong in that in an off itself. Only when someone makes a requirment for their guy to be that much taller (4inches and more ) then that is wrong.
 swsweething
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2006 10:35:55 PM
Being that I'm 5'9" I like taller men. I like wearing heels so he would have to be taller. I like having a nice strong shoulder to lean on. I've dated shorter men but it just didn't work out. Sorry guys.

Nancy
 DaMOM
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2006 5:42:36 AM
My son is 5'10" and his ex was 4'10". BUT now he has one the opposite in every way, and she is 6'1" and they are great together. They are both very secure within thenselves so they don't have any problem with it. Personally, I want a man who will treat me right wheither he is shorter than me, which at 5'1 1/2" I haven't met many besides my dad, or taller than me, although I prefer not to have to carry a stepstool around with me in case I should want to kiss him!
 Hooyahhh
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2006 5:49:47 AM
Im not the tallest guy on this site, but I know Im cant be far from it 6' 5" flat footed, throw boots and a cow boy hat on me and its around 6' 7" or 6' 8". I think women like to feel safe. And a tall man can do that (for some, Not all) ever been to New York>? hardly any men there are over 5' 8" tall. I wasnt there long..Im not doctor but think it has to do with what I said above, There are acceptions to every rule, but think on the whole, its a safety net thing.
 Zain.
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/27/2006 11:13:24 PM
As long as the height difference isnt too great it shouldnt be a problem personally i think couples who are the same height look great together it's like they look equal even if the girl is slightly taller then her man (like an inch or so) they still look okay but for the most part woman prefer men who are taller then themselves. or atleast the same height i guess women just like that feeling of being protected despite the fact that being taller is actually no guarantee of more protection or safety i know plenty of tall guys are complate wusses who would be of absolutely no help in a time of crisis. Still women just like to feel small and being able to hang off their guy.
if you ask me women are better off with a guy who's streetsmart then one who's tall. being tall alone means nothing. Size is irrelevant if you're outnumbered or your attacker has a knife or gun.
 rsoxfancg
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2006 11:20:48 PM
Height is overrated
 Butterfly210913
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2006 11:33:10 PM
I am only 5'2" so everyone is taller than me. Height does not make you faithfull, caring, fun, respectful. nor romantic. I think those qualities are much more important than height, especially since everyone is taller than me.
 Rebellious
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/28/2006 9:28:46 AM
I'm open-minded on height, I'll date girls from 5'2" to 6'2"

Magickman
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2006 10:03:38 AM
A man's take on this:

I am 5'7" but I wear 4" heels when I go out...so I prefer a woman to be between five feet and six feet in height. Much taller or much shorter than that, and it doesn't seem to be a good fit.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?