Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Celrian22
Msg: 76
WOMEN: What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Well I'm around 5'6 so for me I like men to be at least 5'9 or taller. However for some reason I find taller guys often alot sexier or at least when I see a tall guy it makes me look twice. my receant ex was 6'6 and I thought that was hot. But generally anywhere btwn 5'10 and 6'2/'6'3 I think is reasonable for me.

WOMEN: What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?
Posted: 4/9/2009 1:38:22 PM
Boy am I glad I don't have to worry about my height!! Personally I'm partial to women of all vertical persuasions, however I'm currently going through a petite phase at the moment rawwrrrr
 quirkyflirt
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2009 2:49:23 PM
I prefer men to be taller than me. I like to look up when I'm kissing them, and I also like to feel as if (at least in comparison), I am a small and delicate flower.

I think 4-5 inches taller would be about perfect. Then he is still taller when I chose to wear nice shoes.

This is preferable, but not really a deal breaker. I do feel strange dating guys obviously shorter than me though.
 cutiecarebear
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2009 3:14:03 PM
i'm 4ft 10, the tallest man i've been with has been 6ft 1 and the shortest 5ft 3! lol

I like a man to be around 5ft 7 or a bit taller.
 Chronomancer
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/9/2009 4:34:47 PM
My preference for woman is 4'8 - 6'. My ideal preference is +3" womanside.
 p_pie
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/9/2009 5:22:20 PM
I like 'em seven inches taller and seven years older. Yup...
 suibhne
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:42:04 PM
That depends on how insecure the person is I guess. Since most of society is superficial, often after many trials and errors, people settle down to what feels comfortable for them. As stated earlier, females find taller males more attractive because it gives them a sense of security.

There is this one girl, who is 4'11 wanting guys over 6'. Being crude, I wrote her to inform her that sold buckets, so that she could purchase one in order to stand on to kiss em.

As long as you dont mind breasts poking you in the eye, or resting an elbow on your head, whatever goes for you.

Vincent_1984
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2009 6:07:32 AM
Ideal height for me would be my height, makes it easy to see eye to eye. It doesn't really matter though, I have no issues with women who are taller or shorter than I am.
 RMH_84
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/30/2009 7:43:38 AM
i've never really had a problem with the too short end of the spectrum, i'm only 5' tall so that makes EVERY man taller then me. Honestly, it would be difficult to find a man shorter unless he is actually a "little person".

My personal record for tallest was 6'9", and he was actually TOO TALL. I was with him for 3 years+ and loved every minute of it, but certain physical aspects were a little hard to deal with, and I only did becuase at the time we were very much in love at the time.

I like to think I would pefer someone in the 5'4 + range, but I could deal with wearing flats in public for the rest of my life for the right shoter guy!
 JohnGaltLives
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2009 7:58:20 AM
One of the more admirable things about this thread, at least with most of the posters, is that they know the difference, and show it in their wording, between "requirement" and "preference". There's nothing wrong with a height preference; it's what someone like that has been attracted to, but the use of the word "preference" shows that there's some mutability there. They'd like to have more height, but they're open to other things as well, and willing to take in the whole package before making a decision.

What's still alarming is stupid things like women saying a man has to have a certain number of inches on her because she's wearing heels, as though her (inane, so we're clear) fashion choices should have any effect on another person's worthiness to date her. Hey, I wear hiking boots! That means any woman who wants to date me should have a D cup! See the disconnect there?

What's even more asinine, however, is the notion that a woman wants a man half a foot (or more) taller than her. At that point it's just an unrealistic pairing that does little more than shore up her ego. And that, I think, is what's at the core of this. "It makes me feel more feminine", and "I like to feel protected" are often (weak) shields thrown up in an attempt to logically defend a perspective that's inherently illogical, and unjustifiable.

Any woman who'd get any sense of improved self worth, confidence, or "special feelings" as a result of a man she's dating being taller than her is a pitiful wretch who needs to work on being a solid, strong, confident person because of themselves, and not because of any other input from any other person. It isn't "self confidence" if it doesn't come from the self. Only when a woman reaches such a point does she have anything to offer to a mature, adult relationship aside from her body.
 shadowette
Msg: 86
Posted: 6/30/2009 10:09:55 AM
I like them as tall as possible. I'm just attracted to tall...sometimes 'freakishly tall' men. But I'm short, so as long as the guy is my height or taller I'm game. I've met one man in my life that was shorter than me...he was a little person, I'm 5'1".
 DavidTJ
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2009 12:35:23 PM
take my advise ther is not you are all the same size when you are laid down iam 5ft 5ins my ex was 6ft 2in and we had know problems between are sizes it was still good. all the best David
 chuckyB51
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2009 7:22:57 PM
Silentman...It is too bad that women don't think logically like you do. A women's thought process is based on emotions and not logic. If women used logic this wouldn't be an issue and we wouldn't be hearing these stupid reasons that a man has to be taller or has to reach a certain height.

I am still waiting for weight to be an actual number on here to level the playing field.
Posted: 6/30/2009 8:12:18 PM
Being tall for a guy is kind of a pain. I'm 6'6" and find it definitely limits the women I'd date. I'd find it hard to date someone under 5'5". At my brother's wedding, I was the best man and the made of honor was 5' even. When I walked her down the aisle after the ceremony, the photographer took our picture and it's just funny. She's only a few years younger than me, but it looked like I'm walking my little kid sister down or something.
 Jewlsey*
Msg: 90
Posted: 6/30/2009 9:04:56 PM
At 5'1, I don't really care. Most men are taller than I am. I can't really date shorter men because that would be little people.
 daisyflower81
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2009 10:35:56 PM
I personally prefer above 6 foot at five four. I managed to date a guy more than a foot taller than me and I barely wear heals.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2009 11:49:54 PM
I'm 5'4" and the men I have dated (or married) range from 5'2" to 6'4" (I have no height preferences or requirements).

But since you asked, the sweetest height differential for me is probably about 3-4" to an upper range of 6" - no kinks in the neck and all of the bits line up just f-i-n-e.
 *Sassy Redhead*
Msg: 93
Posted: 7/1/2009 6:30:31 AM
The ideal height difference for me is about 5 inches. I won't rule out men who are less then 6'1" but they have to be my height or taller. That is just my preference
 newworldman110
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/9/2011 12:16:21 PM
Wow, I'm glad to see how critical heels are when a woman is looking for the right man. Scratching people off your list based on the height difference when you are in your 3, 4, or 5 inch heels is ridiculous!!! It's funny how the majority of average height women have no problem with average height men, but very short women don't even accept average height men. My sister is just under 5 foot 7 and has dated guys from 5 foot 6 to 6 foot 4. She says that tiny little short women want very tall guys because they are insecure about their own height. I think she is right. I don't buy the "wanting to be protected thing"...women of avergae height don't feel this need for height. I think the short women confuse the need to feel protected thing for INSECURITY!!!
I can understand taller women who ar 5 foot 8 or 5 foot 10 wanting a guy over 6 feet..that makes some sense.
Also, with everybody's response about heels...i.e. a girl 5 foot 4 wearing 3 inche heels makes her 5 foot 7, so she wants a guy 2 inches taller than that, which equates to
5 foot 9. Well, what the heck, do these guys go barefoot when the women wear heels? Please add 1 to 1.5 inches to a guys height for his shoes too!!!! If he is goign to wear cowboy boots then pump him up by 2.5 inches!! Maybe us guys should start judign how much shorter a girl is when we are wearing cowboy boots....yeah, yeah know how critical and important they are!!!
 Glenoran1
Msg: 95
Posted: 10/9/2011 12:21:09 PM
Newworldman, although I'm 4'9" and my late hubby was 6' 4 1/2", we didn't know that when we first started chatting by phone, and both of us knew from things that were brought out in the conversation that we were the one for each other (something unusual and wonderful, but I won't go into details). When we got to height information, I was afraid my shortness would be a deal-breaker, and he was afraid his height would be a problem for me. Of course, it wasn't for either of us.

Who cares about the 'packaging'? It's the person inside the time-space-suit that counts.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2011 4:13:15 PM
Taller than me, but not so tall that you can't match your steps when walking hand in hand, b/c his legs are so long you are out of sync.
Off topic but a funny story,
I had a really short land lord who was eye level w/my chest, he never did see my face, he looked directly at my breasts when speaking to me, I don't ever recall him looking me in the eyes. To this day I'm sure he can't identify me by my face...lol
 viperau
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2011 5:09:34 AM
at 5'3 im quite a short guy. It does sometimes make things tough when a girl finds this out she is suddenly no longer interested. I just figure if something like that is that much of a problem its no loss to me.

Ironically my longest relationship was 4 years or so was with a girl who was 5'5. The only time it became "weird" was when she would wear massive heels.but even then, she wore them for herself and didnt care what it looked like in public with me walking arm in arm.

Im most attracted to shorter girls, my height or less but it really makes no difference to me. Sometimes i click with someone much taller, so be it.
 Metalgrrl37
Msg: 98
Posted: 10/10/2011 7:38:54 AM
Personally I like men who are 1-5 inches taller, I am 5'8,
that being said my first husband was 5'3... awkward to me because I felt huge next to him, personal hangup I know but who wants to feel like a freak next to their mate?
 devonbrown1
Msg: 99
view profile
History
What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?
Posted: 10/10/2011 11:45:31 AM
Maybe I am weird, but I have dated women who were much shorter than me and some women who were a good four or more inches taller than me. I think it has to do with how the woman (and the man) feels about herself/himself, rather than the actual height difference. If you are confident in yourself, then things like height difference make much less difference.
 lonelywoman82
Msg: 100
view profile
History
What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?
Posted: 10/10/2011 1:19:02 PM
welll I am 5'9 so they have to be my height or taller, any shorter, even 5'8 and i want nothing to do with them. I like to wear high heels still too, so sometimes even 5'9 bothers me if i'm like at a bar or something, you know all dressed up. Women aren't meant look down at men. So I want nothing to do with short men, i don't care how 'nice' they are. They have to be tall. Besides, short men aren't sexy.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?