Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > What does it mean when a woman calls a guy sweet?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 This is Now
Msg: 51
What does it mean when a woman calls a guy sweet?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
To me it means a type of trustworthy. Will not harm. Caring about others. Same with 'baby' or 'babe' -- a word I have very rarely ever used. Pure inside. No matter how much bravado and testosterone daily life requires of the guy.
 Anti*Hero
Msg: 52
What does it mean when a woman calls a guy sweet?
Posted: 12/13/2006 6:45:22 PM

Wow. I better stop calling my guy sweet then considering I want to jump him the first chance I get.

Sweet Sensations
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/13/2006 7:18:30 PM
If you tell me a story about something you did and I tell you your sweet that means I think your a nice guy.

If you do or say something to me that makes me say your soooo sweet. I like ya....LOTS!!!

Then I not only think your sweet. I'm sweet on ya!!!

I like sweet guys. I don't call myself Sweet Sensations for nothing!!!
 lohki
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/17/2006 9:31:18 AM

What tone of voice was attached to "sweet"? When you see a really HOT guy go by, ever say "sweeeeeet" and follow with your eyes?

that's what I'm tahkin about!
 Scottish Warrior
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/17/2006 10:01:17 AM
in my view sweet = Friendship material. Sweet men dont get her laundry tossed off in front of them as you follow her to her bedroom.
 B.Ann
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/17/2007 11:41:41 AM
I agree! If i say to someone he is sweet,it means he has done or said something to please me,that,s all!!!
 sexysue9
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/17/2007 1:07:43 PM
When we call you sweet or nice it means you are not boyfriend material and we r only talk 2 u cause of ur fit m8 that we want 2 get in bed lol
 Bwitching_Bella
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/17/2007 1:19:32 PM
went as far as to call me babe!

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you...
I call most guy's babe out of habit no hidden meaning it's just a bad habit

Bella

*blondie*
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2007 3:15:36 PM
WTF? Are you guys thinking? Just because a woman calls you sweet does not mean you are her new shopping buddy. When a woman calls a man sweet she can be referring to many different things. As we women get older and have learned what we want. We want the sweet guy not so much the bad boy. We know the sweet one will treat us right. He will be a gentleman, respect our boundaries, open the door for us, he will be the one we see ourselves with in a relationship. We know that he will be there for the long haul, not just a hump and dump. A sweet guy will take the time to develop a true and long lasting relationship. Men should not dismiss a woman because she gives him a compliment and says that he is sweet. Sweet is a good thing. Learn to take a compliment for once.
 browneyedstallion
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/17/2007 3:32:18 PM

I have recently had a couple of different women say I was sweet 1 went as far as to call me babe! Does that mean run? Is she trying to get rid of me? Am I flirting too much?

If they're saying you're sweet and reaching out their hand to shake yours at their front door at the end of an evening then they're not interested.
 EaglesCry68
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2007 4:06:30 PM
**OP** All I have to say is that the waters of jealousy and deceit are running deep in this thread.

WTF? Are you guys thinking? Just because a woman calls you sweet does not mean you are her new shopping buddy. When a woman calls a man sweet she can be referring to many different things. As we women get older and have learned what we want. We want the sweet guy not so much the bad boy. We know the sweet one will treat us right. He will be a gentleman, respect our boundaries, open the door for us, he will be the one we see ourselves with in a relationship. We know that he will be there for the long haul, not just a hump and dump. A sweet guy will take the time to develop a true and long lasting relationship. Men should not dismiss a woman because she gives him a compliment and says that he is sweet. Sweet is a good thing. Learn to take a compliment for once.

^^^Best response thus far!

I don't know about other females, but I'll only call someone sweet if they ARE sweet (and I'm speaking about behaviour, not body fluids, lol).

Take her at face value, lodge the compliment in the back of your mind for future reference, and just go with it.

^^^Another great post!!

**OP** I get called sweet on a daily basis and although I have a hidden profile and do not go out of my way, there are quite many options open to me. Do I think or believe that those that call me sweet are nothing more than just friend material?? NO WAY!! Out of respect for them, I shall refrain from discussing this further.

Nothing wrong with sweet and you have the advantage over the majority of foreposters.

Take it as a compliment and go on........Too much analysis will backfire and leave you to drown in these waters. Swim with those that offer the positive outcome.

God Bless
Scott
 drg1301
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/17/2007 4:50:19 PM
Sweet means that you are in the friend zone. Not really where you are wanting to be I'm sure.
 ElusiveNewfy
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/17/2007 5:08:19 PM
Jesus:

Reading the forums can get people so turned around, you wouldn't know which way is up !

The problem people is that we rationalize too dam much, stop bloody worrying about what the hell a woman means, when she calls you sweet.

If a woman wants you she'll let you know, you don't have to be a cryptologist to decipher what a woman wants, when she grabs and holds your hand.

In short people, ACTIONS not WORDS are the key to a woman's, or man's heart, or whatever you/they desire.

Regards
Paul
 lovevampy
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/17/2007 5:48:31 PM
If a woman calls u sweet , means u are prob being TOO SWEET! like sickly sweet , and that is a turn off.
Yet if she calls u sweet a few dates into the relationship , odds are u are just sweet.
 Lil_Ginia
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/17/2007 5:49:07 PM
I have a guy who I think is very sweet, I'd love to have a relationship and all that entails with him but, alas, he is not ready he says. So sad :-( He's one of the sweetest men I know. And he's all MAN!

So wish he was interested but I'm stuck in the "friend" zone.

Such is life.
 JENNYMAC
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/17/2007 6:04:21 PM
SWEET DOES NOT MEAN WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ABOUT A HOMLESS PERSON
WHY have you dated a homless person
sweet is very caring and can lead to many new chapters in ones life i use sweet like he is yummy or sweet as sugar which every one enjoys
 tmotts
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/17/2007 6:26:09 PM
Some of you guys don't have a clue do you? I love a sweet man. And if I call you Babe its because I like you. DUH!
 Moontress
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/17/2007 7:10:16 PM
What a dumb question. I know there's the saying that theres no such thing (as a dumb question), but I think it's fair to make an exception in this case. Is this guy even for real? He posted almost 9 months ago, and this was his only post. Plus his handle is '2desperate'. Hmmm...
 dc5ab
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/17/2007 9:06:48 PM
usually to me it means what an awesome friend I would make ...
 imrule62
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2007 11:02:44 PM
Well to me it means your heading down the friendship road, not necessarily time to exit but make a turn. Of course it depends on the circumstances, I mean sure if I did something sweet for her it can be a thank you, but being called sweet early in a relationship isn't good.
 Kirklet
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/18/2007 7:17:29 AM
I think being called sweet is a great thing. It does depend on the context but for the most part take it as a compliment and stop overanalyzing. Not all guys are sweet (kind, caring, considerate, etc.) say take it as an ego booster..haha

In another context however, being called sweet could be interpreted in a similar way as the "friends" comment though.

For myself, I'll take being called sweet any time of the day, regardless of the context.
 k.kong
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/18/2007 7:35:15 AM
It means you wasted your money on those condoms and scented massage oils
 lady_bugg65
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/18/2007 7:41:53 AM
i adore sweet men.......especially the cherry flavored ones...............:)
 curlygrl
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2007 8:04:18 AM
Oh God - Get with it!! - For me it means nothing to do with wanting to be
your friend - Why do guys always seem to think everything means your
riding the friend train-

Sweet means - you are sweet - WE LIKE YOU -
Baby means - WE LIKE YOU -

That is all - Sweet is a real good thing.

Got it baby!!!
 smiliegirl15
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/18/2007 8:18:12 AM
Sweet is a very good thing in my books and if I call you babe I'm definitely emotionally attached.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > What does it mean when a woman calls a guy sweet?