Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gycraig2
Msg: 576
view profile
History
short women/tall menPage 24 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
a six pack is a athletic figure lol

its not muscly but it is a athletic body

hense there entitled to put athletic on there profile

i got a fetish for green monsters :P
 memeMc
Msg: 577
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/26/2010 8:45:58 AM
I'm 6 feet tall but if you read my profile it says 5.11 (oops)
I do find that some guys are attracted to my hight but an equal number find it intimidated ( or is that my assumption) I have never dated a guy taller than me, a couple about the same hight but mostly a little shorter.
I think there may be a perception that small = feminine. I would beg to differ
 notworth2008
Msg: 578
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/26/2010 8:58:15 AM
I do not like short ladies because they cannot take my junk
 Mel1509
Msg: 579
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 10:52:35 AM
I'm sure most other tall ladies would agree with me when I say this senario is JUST NOT FAIR!!!!
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 580
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 10:58:45 AM
Mel i'm sure some of the so-called short guys, and avg height guys of the world feel much as do you.
 Mel1509
Msg: 581
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 12:30:49 PM
Probably. I do feel for the short guys too, just wouldn't date one, but I havea good reason!
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 582
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 2:26:57 PM

but who here is ready to tell me that things like weight, breast size, and a whole slew of other things are not biggies for women?

Nobody's challenged you on that.

your aspirations and the million and one parts that makes up the whole person doesn't make a difference but the thing is that height, like ALL of those other parts is just that, ONE part of the whole!

True. But of all the attributes you described -- an ugly face will trump all the rest for most, even if all the other attributes are completely awesome. Height on a guy being far too short (or far too tall) to their tastes, will nix out everything for many many women. Same goes with a woman's body shape -- or a guy's body shape. Point being, height, face, and body shape are not equated with things like your hopes & dreams, the kind of car -- even though those do play a role don't get me wrong.

I would die of shame if I ever lowered myself to thinking that the reason I'm not lucky in love is because of the size of my breasts!!

That wouldn't be a big enough factor, no. Luck in love is a numbers game -- how many people are genuinely attracted to you who fall in your range of what you find attractive. The higher the #, the more "luck" ya get -- at least in the beginning (personality comes after in terms of relationships).

The FACT is that most men go on to lead productive lives - the fact is that most men marry - the fact is that most men are NOT 6 foot tall - those are facts, sir! Spin them any which way you want, you can't change the facts!

Depends what you mean by "productive" - that's a relative term. Regardless, why are you saying that? Nobody's saying that most men are 6 foot tall. I certainly wasn't spouting that... ma'am. :)

the great majority of them average looking people, who seemingly don't have a clue that they are not supposed to be part of a couple since they are not beautiful, or tall or rich

Nobody expects that you can only "find someone" if you're tall, on the 500 hottest list, and rich. The issue is a silly one -- an obvious one. Women are attracted to guys who are considered generally "tall". Hence the term "tall, dark, and handsome". Folks who say height means nothing or very little, are trying to see the world in a better place, albeit a not-entirely-accurate view.

I don't and never will buy into the height BS...

Okay... what BS are you referring to?

yes it is a factor when it comes to dating

Great -- you agree! Congrats! :) It is a factor -- a very key factor for many, relatively speaking, but technically not all.

*And for the record, you shouldn't be assumptive about ME complaining or whining about women-only-liking-tall-guys. Check any post -- I don't. To guys who do b!tch and moan about it, if anything, I tell them to stop whining. :)
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 583
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 2:59:20 PM
^^^
Good stuff dude.

Probably. I do feel for the short guys too, just wouldn't date one, but I havea good reason!
And what good reason would that be? Are you allergic to them or something fatal?
 chuckyB51
Msg: 584
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 4:07:56 PM
Just came across this profile that made me laugh. Plus, it helps prove taztiger's earlier posts about the 6' mark. This girl is only 5'5" and needs a 6' guy.

"Into TALL men...if you're not 6' + DONT MESSAGE ME! Sorry, I hav a thing for tall men.. I'm 5'5 without heels and 5'9-10 with =)."
 whzcheatinwho
Msg: 585
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 4:19:20 PM
It's probably just Taz trying to prove that such women are out there making his and your life a living hell. Nobody cares...give it a rest.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 586
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 5:14:00 PM
^^^
I don't think that taz is making up profiles here in the Los Angeles area.

Anyway, yesterday I found myself looking at the "500 hottest people" list (I was bored)...and guess what I saw? Men who were nowhere near the 6 foot mark that's claimed as an absolute must here, with many in the 5'6 to 5'9 range.

I saw this posting yesterday and was wondering how true the statement is. So I went through the top 500 today to see what the height is of the guys on there.

Total of 36 men in the 500 hottest people. Tallest was 6'5" and the shortest was 5'5". 80% percent were average to above average in height with 20% below average in height. 50% of these guys were 6' or taller. The two top heights of the men were 5'10" and 6'. 72% of the men fall into the range of 5'9" to 6'1". Here's the breakdown:
One 6'5"
Two 6'4"
One 6'3"
Three 6'2"
Four 6'1"
Seven 6"
Four 5'11"
Seven 5'10"
Four 5'9"
Two 5'8"
One 5'5"
 bsp71
Msg: 587
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 5:51:07 PM
All the time. Short guys like me (I am under 5'10") have the most difficult time dating or meeting women who want to date short guys like me in the Anglosphere. Short women want tall men and tall women want tall men. Thats why I am single. I make good income and have many good things about me but being short is not helping.
 Fifi47
Msg: 588
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 6:38:45 PM
All short women do not want tall men. Find the women who like short men, and ignore the other women who do not find short men appealing. Many men do not like short plump women. I date the men who do. Seems easy to me.
 LoriIsLoLo
Msg: 589
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 6:44:00 PM
I feel bad for short men. I'm a woman who likes guys 5'11 or taller. I wish it didn't bug me but I feel totally self concious being with a guy that I'm taller than in heels or wedges! I'm only 5'4 and I know that seems ridiculous but I'm not what I feel to be a little girl and I like that big masculine guy thing. I've tried to get over it because it really limits who I feel comfy dating!
 chuckyB51
Msg: 590
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 6:58:10 PM

I feel bad for short men. I'm a woman who likes guys 5'11 or taller. I wish it didn't bug me but I feel totally self concious being with a guy that I'm taller than in heels or wedges! I'm only 5'4 and I know that seems ridiculous but I'm not what I feel to be a little girl and I like that big masculine guy thing. I've tried to get over it because it really limits who I feel comfy dating!

And I prefer a woman who does not validate her femininity by the man on her arm. Since you want a tall man to make you feel like a little girl, does that make the tall guy a pedophile? Do these men know that you are using them for their height?
 LoriIsLoLo
Msg: 591
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 7:06:33 PM
Hahaha.....using them for their height...that's funny lil man! When I say little girl I wasn't referring to an age thing...obviously! I meant little as in not petite so what would that have to do with a pedophile? Don't get your underoos in a bunch!
 emmmjay
Msg: 592
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 7:48:29 PM

Height on a guy being far too short (or far too tall) to their tastes, will nix out everything for many many women.

I've gotta agree with this. Recently, a woman at my work was talking about an old boyfriend and whether to start back up with him again. She is a very attractive young woman with a great body, but petite. She is maybe 5'1", 5'2". She was going on and on about how great he is, and how good looking, and successful...treats her right, etc. "Well, what's the problem?" the rest of us wanted to know. When she said, "He's...short", she got a unanimous "Oh, that's too bad" from about 12 women aged 23-55. Nobody suggested that she go out with him, even the one woman who is married to a very short guy. There is no point in advising people to like what they have stated they do not like. It's their prerogative to want what they want.
 bsp71
Msg: 593
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 8:00:22 PM
Fortunately women in South America and Asian countries don't mind dating short guys so most of my girlfriends have been either Asian or Latina in past decade. Go figures, I have only had a couple white Caucasian girlfriends. This study and many other results confirm it. Which really does not bother me because I do not suffer from anything and actually enjoy dating women outside of my race :) It has opened my eyes and expanded my horizons and appreciation for other cultures. Heck I would never had a piso sour or fabulous Chilean wine if I was stuck in white America.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 594
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 9:07:15 PM

Hahaha.....using them for their height...that's funny lil man! When I say little girl I wasn't referring to an age thing...obviously! I meant little as in not petite so what would that have to do with a pedophile? Don't get your underoos in a bunch!

From what I see here you are still saying that your femininity comes from the guy on your arm and that you use tall men to make you feel better about yourself. You have said that tall men make you feel petite, therefore, you are using tall men to make you feel better about a psychological issue you have. I don't think that I have missed anything here. How is this not using a guy?
 Taztiger72
Msg: 595
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 9:44:27 PM
Dude, you aren't gonna get anywhere here - take it from me - You even mention how screwed up things are - they gag you.
 LoriIsLoLo
Msg: 596
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 9:46:33 PM
It's a preference...it's what turns me on...I like big, tall guys! Just like everyone else I have preferences....I also don't like bald heads because I love running my fingers through a guys hair during sex. I've never used a man to make me feel better about myself and I don't feel I have psychological issues just because I...like everyone else.....has preferences! Just like some guys don't like dark haired girls or girls with fake boobs...guess what? I'm not for them and that doesn't bother me!
 chuckyB51
Msg: 597
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 10:12:27 PM

It's a preference...it's what turns me on...I like big, tall guys! Just like everyone else I have preferences....I also don't like bald heads because I love running my fingers through a guys hair during sex. I've never used a man to make me feel better about myself and I don't feel I have psychological issues just because I...like everyone else.....has preferences! Just like some guys don't like dark haired girls or girls with fake boobs...guess what? I'm not for them and that doesn't bother me!

It appears though that you are incorrectly using the word preference. Your preferences appear to be requirements.

Yes, everyone has preferences, but physical attraction should not dictate love.
 bsp71
Msg: 598
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 10:21:27 PM
And I like women with a very large cup size and a bubble butt that are not fat and who like to keep a man satisfied and still want to be a lady.

But does this mean I will wait until I am 90 to date a woman unless she is perfect? Of course not! That is plain foolish.

But this is the thing- many women live in fantasy island and are delusional.
Then when they meet a TALL man who is a jerk, cheats on them with 10 different women they start to hate on all men and cry
that "no good men exist" or where are all the good men? Well you missed them!
 bsp71
Msg: 599
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 10:23:15 PM
+1 because women that demand a height requirement in dating are infatuated with lust and not true love.

True love is not based on how tall a person is per se. Lust is. So women get in lust and out of lust and when they get burned and churned by their so called ideal tall man or whatever silly requirement (must be rich, good looking, hair, good teeth) they start to bash all men.
 LoriIsLoLo
Msg: 600
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 10:25:45 PM
I've never used the word requirement and I have been on dates with men shorter than 5'11 and even dated a guy 5'9 (gasp). Physical attraction isn't going to dictate whether you truly love somene. Are you trying to say that you don't have any preferences? And that physical attraction has no role whatsoever in your choice of woman?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men